HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Old
01-29-2013, 09:29 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
looks like he's delaying as much as possible just to play the minimum number of games for the Isles. How many games constitutes "reporting to the Isles"? Does he have to play more than 5 games? 20? Who knows how specific the CBA is on these matters, or even if it's in the CBA or MOU with the KHL (lotsa acronyms there)

It's too bad he didn't come right over. The Isles could really have used him. With the PK being PERFECT, the help SOLELY on the PP, and saving minutes from Finley, Carkner alone would have helped immensely. Not to mention his veteran presence on the blueline overall.

Feb 11th....whatever.
I said it in the summer. He'd have elevated the PP into something really dangerous, enough to buy wins with despite all the other problems. I wonder if we would have just two more points now as well if he had come over?

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Tavaresfan91

This team will be steady on defense when viz comes!

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:43 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
When/if Viz does eventually appear where do you guys see him slotting in? Right now I think the givens on the blue line are Streit/Strait Hamonic/A-Mac... everything else I can see being up in the air so what do you think the ideal defensive pairings for this team are?

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:46 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
When/if Viz does eventually appear where do you guys see him slotting in? Right now I think the givens on the blue line are Streit/Strait Hamonic/A-Mac... everything else I can see being up in the air so what do you think the ideal defensive pairings for this team are?
MacDonald-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
Visnovsky-Martinek
Hickey/Carkner

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

As good as our PP is already (1st in the league)....

Moulson - JT - Boyes

Visnovsky Streit

Makes me giddy.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:08 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
MacDonald-Hamonic
Streit-Strait
Visnovsky-Martinek
Hickey/Carkner
Isles signed Carkner to a 3yr deal. They're not sitting him for MArtinek unless his play dictates it and he hasn't been bad. Plus he's the only big nasty mofo on the blue line. Don't want Hamonic fighting or anything like that.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Puckzilla13

Anyone think there is a chance Lubo plays with Carkner? I can't see Cappy splitting up our top two pairings right now...play Lubo in bottom pairing and the PP? guess we cross that bridge in mid-Feb...

Puckzilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Bunk Moreland

Its a good problem to have.. I was trying to think of the lineups myself I didn't want to break up Streit/Strait or Hammer/Amac I wasn't quite sure.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:11 AM
ichabod13

does anyone have a quote or source that says garth will lift the suspension if visnovski shows up? for some strange reason, and until proven otherwise, i dont think garth is going to let him off that easy.
with the way visnovski has fought and delayed coming to long island, if i was garth i would demand proof that visnovskis kid had some sort of medical problem that required visnovski stay by his side. that may sound a bit on the morbid side but everybody i know that ever needed time off for a family members funeral, they had to provide proof that they were actually at a funeral.
if he cant provide proof, he stays suspended and at the seasons end, the paperwork is filed to toll his contract.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:29 AM
GusTheo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
does anyone have a quote or source that says garth will lift the suspension if visnovski shows up? for some strange reason, and until proven otherwise, i dont think garth is going to let him off that easy.
with the way visnovski has fought and delayed coming to long island, if i was garth i would demand proof that visnovskis kid had some sort of medical problem that required visnovski stay by his side. that may sound a bit on the morbid side but everybody i know that ever needed time off for a family members funeral, they had to provide proof that they were actually at a funeral.
if he cant provide proof, he stays suspended and at the seasons end, the paperwork is filed to toll his contract.
I'm sure the Islanders front office is doing their due diligence. But it isn't our (the fans) business quite frankly.

Hopefully when he does show, he busts his ass and earns his teammates respect.

GusTheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:04 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusTheo View Post
I'm sure the Islanders front office is doing their due diligence. But it isn't our (the fans) business quite frankly.
i agree with both points. any information provided by visnovski should stay within the office. it is without a doubt, none of our business.
IF visnovski does show up and garth lifts the suspension, ill see that as "lubo" provided the needed proof. and i DONT want to know the details of his kids illness. that, again, is none of my business. ( its not like i give a rats ass about that kid anyway.....)
the way garth should do it is, IF visnovski shows up at garths office, garth should demand proof that the kid was hospialized. if he cant prove that, tell "lubo" hes got 15 minutes to get in touch with his wife and have her send the proper documentation. with todays technology, it can sent in a matter of seconds....so 15 minutes is plenty of time.
if the information shows up, showing that "lubo" was telling the truth, the suspension is lifted and he gets to play out his last contracted year.
if the information doesnt show up, the suspension stays and as soon as the season is over, garth files the paperwork to toll the contract.
again, i dont want details of the kids illness, in all honesty, i couldnt care less about that kid......i just want to know if "Lubo" was honest about it.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:41 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckzilla13 View Post
Anyone think there is a chance Lubo plays with Carkner? I can't see Cappy splitting up our top two pairings right now...play Lubo in bottom pairing and the PP? guess we cross that bridge in mid-Feb...
He won't be happy but that's too bad. He shouldn't be given any special treatment until he proves he wants to be here.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:40 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckzilla13 View Post

God I hope not. I hope Lubo actually replaces Carkner in the lineup.

Streit - Strait
Hamonic - MacDonald
Hickey - Lubo

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:58 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
God I hope not. I hope Lubo actually replaces Carkner in the lineup.

Streit - Strait
Hamonic - MacDonald
Hickey - Lubo
They aren't going to pay Carkner 1.5 mil to sit in the stands. Hickey will get his time. I'm sure there will be injuries along the way.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:00 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
They aren't going to pay Carkner 1.5 mil to sit in the stands. Hickey will get his time. I'm sure there will be injuries along the way.
Why not? They're paying DiPietro how many million to be a back-up goalie?

Carkner is terrible, and forces them to doubleshift the other D pairings. In a condensed season, we'll need 3 sets of D-men who can play regular shifts

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:14 AM
CaptDenisPotvin

With the way this lubo thing has played out, i would rather him come back and way trade him asap for another defenseman....our PP has played well and hickey also has shown some offense, i would try to get another solid all around defenseman for him that wants to be here. It makes no sense to have someone come in that could bring negativity to the locker room, lubo s major value is on PP and right now we are clicking without him

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:28 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
With the way this lubo thing has played out, i would rather him come back and way trade him asap for another defenseman....our PP has played well and hickey also has shown some offense, i would try to get another solid all around defenseman for him that wants to be here. It makes no sense to have someone come in that could bring negativity to the locker room, lubo s major value is on PP and right now we are clicking without him
Bottom line is that Visnovsky is still a good NHL defenseman. He brings an offensive element to the blue line that we do not have aside from Streit. He upgrades the blue line if he's on it and I expect him to man up and play hard. He just needs to keep his mouth shut and fall in line.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:33 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
In Staples preseason chat, he was asked why the isles just didn't toll Vis contract.

He says the isles want to get Vis contract over with this season, that they expect Vis will finish his nhl contract and return to the KHL.He went on to say, that the Isles expect plenty of players to be available this summer with buyouts, teams getting under the cap and ufas.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:34 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Bottom line is that Visnovsky is still a good NHL defenseman. He brings an offensive element to the blue line that we do not have aside from Streit. He upgrades the blue line if he's on it and I expect him to man up and play hard. He just needs to keep his mouth shut and fall in line.
I agree. Come over, play hard and the fans will stay off his back.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:01 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
well put.
plus, he eats up important minutes that would otherwise go to a tired amac/hamonic or a limited player like carkner, hickey, finley

i wonder if the "first place" isles are suddenly more appealing to an excusemakingmachine like visnovsky?!

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:43 AM
kuwo

Višňovský says he has already booked his flight and should arrive on wednesday...

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/144322/v...-som-sposobil/

He also wants to "show the Islanders he cares about them and wants to play for them"

kuwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:52 AM
OpAck

In the back of my mind...I can't shake the thought that, had the Isles started out 2-5-0 or 1-6-0 or something, Lubo would still be fighting hard to stay over there. I dunno...we've played just fine without him...I really don't care anymore. He's got alot to prove when he comes...I'm sure we'll all give him a fair shot, maybe after a few boos here and there. But whatever happens...will happen. Just as long as he doesn't screw with the team's chemistry.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Višňovský says he has already booked his flight and should arrive on wednesday...

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/144322/v...-som-sposobil/

He also wants to "show the Islanders he cares about them and wants to play for them"
I thought his kids surgery was on the 9th?

Old
02-01-2013, 09:58 AM
19 in a row

I know we are all upset at the way Lubo has handled this. Also I can see how many of us would not want to break up Strait/Streit and Hamonic/AMAC because of the chemistry and the way that they have played so far. BUT how can Lubo be a 3rd pairing guy? Is that realistic on this team? He brings a lot of offensive skill to the table that this team needs, especialy at ES. It is a nice problem for us to have but unless he pulls a Rolston, I really think one of the top two pairings is going to get split up to make room for him, maybe not the first week he is here but at some point during the season.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:59 AM
kuwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I thought his kids surgery was on the 9th?
It is scheduled to be on 9th, but apparently he is no longer needed to be present...

kuwo is offline   Reply With Quote