HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7 • Edmonton Oilers at San Jose Sharks • 7:30pm PST • Orange vs Orange Edition

Old
02-01-2013, 03:12 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Both of these guys are pros they can play their way out of it.
That's what I'm afraid of. When all the D are healthy, I don't want Murray in the line-up, but I know Todd McLellan has a thing for veterans and playing out of slumps. Braun and Demers deserve being in the line-up full-time.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:14 AM
68 Z-28

Murray had the least amount of TOI among defensemen with 15:37.

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:24 AM
Ouspensky

I dunno what Todd & Co. were doing tonight with lines, but there were some incredibly weird combos, particularly in the 3rd. Wingels/Gomez/Pavelski? Uhh..

Ouspensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:28 AM
StalockSuperfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Unfortunately for Irwin, it will be a numbers game. They will need a roster spot when Burns and Demers get healthy and he's the only one exempt from waivers so unless they have a deal setup or want to risk waivers on Nick Petrecki, he's likely going to be sent down. And he ought to be when fully healthy because even if you sit Murray, you still have Braun, Demers, Boyle, Burns, Vlasic, and Stuart in the lineup. He's not going to get a crack but I feel his performance thus far, even with a lot of rookie errors and close calls, they will make a spot available for him next season.
Well they are going to have to risk waivers on Petrecki. What are they going to do, keep him up all season? That hurts the team, and hurts him even more. He is clearly not NHL ready. He needs to go back to the AHL soon or his development will really suffer.

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:31 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
Well they are going to have to risk waivers on Petrecki. What are they going to do, keep him up all season? That hurts the team, and hurts him even more. He is clearly not NHL ready. He needs to go back to the AHL soon or his development will really suffer.
Highly doubt they waive a 1st round pick who has made major strides in his game over the past two years.

Last edited by Graveland: 02-01-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:31 AM
SJFanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Credit to the Sharks on the win. Poured it on the Oilers for the last 1/2 the third and OT. Good game to your team.
Thanks to all the classy Oilers fans coming on here too, like this young team of yours, I was kind of mad when I learned not only did the Sharks not play on the 19th but the Oilers didn't either. I wanted them to play on opening night to watch a few moments here and there as I was eager to watch how they had progressed but had to settle for some other late games instead (which admittedly turned out pretty good still). Eberle's given me many great memories from the WJC.

SJFanQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
This is a good point. I don't think he is NHL ready either and it would really hurt him to just sit in the press box the whole season. Also, if other NHL teams don't think he is ready, they aren't going to want to waste a roster spot on a guy that would be benched the whole year. If a team claims Nick, they have to keep him on their NHL roster and he isn't ready to be a full time NHL dman.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:42 AM
BadVooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouspensky View Post
I dunno what Todd & Co. were doing tonight with lines, but there were some incredibly weird combos, particularly in the 3rd. Wingels/Gomez/Pavelski? Uhh..
I don't understand what Todd is doing with Gomez. He's been solid in gaining the offensive zone and generating chances, also Couture's goal would have never happened if it weren't for his play. Yet for some reason he's giving ice time to guys like Burish over him when the game is tied. Does not compute.

Last edited by BadVooDoo: 02-01-2013 at 05:09 AM.
BadVooDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:01 AM
SharksFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouspensky View Post
Ya saw that. He always does that to try to get cold players scoring, i.e. Wingels.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:42 AM
ScottyDont

Am I the only one just hating everything Clowe is doing? He can't seem to do anything right lately.

Ship Clowe and Murray out at the deadline?

ScottyDont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Missed the game. Went to bed early because I have the flu. Glad to know that we got the Win though.

Any specific reason we did not ice Demers?

02-01-2013, 07:49 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDont View Post
Am I the only one just hating everything Clowe is doing? He can't seem to do anything right lately.

Ship Clowe and Murray out at the deadline?
I don't hate everything he's doing, but he's making it hard for me to see all the positives of his presence. On one of the Oilers' goals, I was in the other room when they scored. My girlfriend yelled out, "C'mon Clowe, you know better than to do that!" I peek around the corner and asked if he just so happened to stop at the offensive blue line and try a stupid pass that end up getting picked off. Bingo!

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Risking waivers is a last resort and they're not going to risk someone they've invested a lot of time and effort into if they don't have to. Keeping him up won't hurt the team. It may hurt him or it may help him. Him learning with the pros in practice will give him at the very least a new perspective. I have a feeling they will keep him up until they have a trade ready to go. But all they have to do right now is send Irwin down for Burns when he gets off IR.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:02 AM
sjshark91

Anyone else cringe when Niemi is interviewed?

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:27 AM
hockeyball

People don't seem to be mentioning Sheppard much, I thought he looked pretty good last night. Seems to be improving every game. I liked his game a lot better than Burish's

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Alaskanice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
People don't seem to be mentioning Sheppard much, I thought he looked pretty good last night. Seems to be improving every game. I liked his game a lot better than Burish's
I came on here to mention Sheppard but you beat me to it!!
His best game by far. His puck-handling, passing, positioning and hitting were all there tonight. Given ice time, I believe he could be a great pick-up for us.

Alaskanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:01 AM
hockeyball

Also, if Handzus keeps playing the way he is I might even promote re-signing the guy. Is it just me or does he not seem all that slow anymore? I mean, he's not fast, but I don't remember once this season cringing when he tried to skate a puck up ice.

Also, Sheppard seems surprisingly quick after all the knee surgery, pleasantly surprised. Also, Couture seems quite a bit quicker this year, his stride is much smoother and his skating posture much improved.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
7 games hasn't changed my opinion on Handzus. He's looked better, but not good enough for me to want to keep him.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Also, if Handzus keeps playing the way he is I might even promote re-signing the guy. Is it just me or does he not seem all that slow anymore? I mean, he's not fast, but I don't remember once this season cringing when he tried to skate a puck up ice.

Also, Sheppard seems surprisingly quick after all the knee surgery, pleasantly surprised. Also, Couture seems quite a bit quicker this year, his stride is much smoother and his skating posture much improved.

Agree with both of these. With regards to Zeus, during his first few games of the 2011-2012 season (before his decline), I remember being very surprised by how well he skated. The Lokomotiv incident had to have screwed him up both on and off the ice, and understandably so.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail

Also, Hall is SCARY good. Every time he touched the puck I started to tense up. There's been a lot of debate about which of the big four is going to be the best, and from what I've seen of the Oilers I think it's Hall no question.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:27 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Also, Hall is SCARY good. Every time he touched the puck I started to tense up. There's been a lot of debate about which of the big four is going to be the best, and from what I've seen of the Oilers I think it's Hall no question.
Hall sucks, maybe the worst player in the league. Oilers should trade him. I know they are looking for some toughness and I would be willing to do them a favor and trade them Clowe and Murray, just so they don't end up with nothing. You know, cause I'm nice.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:40 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Hall probably looked best versus us because he's the biggest of the big 4 and can handle playing against our size a little better. RNH was stopped point blank by Niemi. Eberle set up Hall for a tap-in, and Yakupov had some moments on the PP. Of the Big 5, I thought Justin Schultz looked great. He was jumping into the play creating dynamite chances when he did. Eberle & Hall were the best but probably because they're also the most experienced

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Hall probably looked best versus us because he's the biggest of the big 4 and can handle playing against our size a little better. RNH was stopped point blank by Niemi. Eberle set up Hall for a tap-in, and Yakupov had some moments on the PP. Of the Big 5, I thought Justin Schultz looked great. He was jumping into the play creating dynamite chances when he did. Eberle & Hall were the best but probably because they're also the most experienced
I thought their speed was giving the Sharks issues, per the norm. Though they handled them well enough.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:46 AM
BennyB

I heard on a podcast (DOH, I think) that Petrecki would not need to be put on waivers. That he could be sent down without that risk. Can someone confirm that?

BennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
I heard on a podcast (DOH, I think) that Petrecki would not need to be put on waivers. That he could be sent down without that risk. Can someone confirm that?
Doubt it. If that were true, then they would have sent him down before McLaren.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote