HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
just like dubinsky and anisimov weren't traded for nash essentially
1st, Dubinsky, Erixon and Anisimov you mean? And if Ovie asked to be traded, like Nash did. The situation obviously changes. And if he also demands a trade to one of few teams, and choose the Avs for some reason... like Nash did and choose Rangers.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:26 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
1st, Dubinsky, Erixon and Anisimov you mean? And if Ovie asked to be traded, like Nash did. The situation obviously changes. And if he also demands a trade to one of few teams, and choose the Avs for some reason... like Nash did and choose Rangers.
erixon <<< barrie

1st >> 2nd

Dubinsky < Jones (28+ goal scorer on a line with backstrom = potential) whereas dubinsky just racks up penalty minutes, and 10+ goals, a high of 24 3 years ago)

Anisimov < Stastny

So everything in my proposal trumps that columbus deal besides the first. I'd even add in Calvin Pickard/Aitikallio (spelling?) just to ease their sudden goaltender worries.

You can throw all types of situations like demanding a trade and restricting the number of potential teams Ovie can go to. But I'm more or less stating his current value as a player who isn't producing in conjunction with his huge salary. His cap hit and term make him less untouchable.

I'm not saying this trade will happen. But its a trade I'd make if I'm the Avs and if it was available.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:38 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

I dont think Barrie has more trade value than Tim Erixon.

Or that David Jones and his ugly contract would have better trade value than a good centerman like Brandon Dubinsky.

I'd make that trade any day of the week too. I dont think there is a chance it would go through though.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Ovi isn't getting traded until he demands one. He is the fan draw to that team, without him attendance would really suffer.

That said, I think the demand will come by the end of next season.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:45 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Avs:

Stastny
Jones
Barrie
2nd

Capitals give:

Ovechkin
Forsberg
Why in Gods name would Capitals even THINK about doing this? It is so bad in their favour.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:46 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

I doubt anyone would want Jones with his new contract.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:51 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Yah I guess Boychuk couldnt help this team at all I mean its not like we need help scoring or more depth on the wing. Nah. Sherman most likely had no clue he was on waivers and prolly doesnt even know what Zach Boychuk is.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
If it were up to the fans, every player to hit waivers would be claimed by the Avs.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
If it were up to the fans, every player to hit waivers would be claimed by the Avs.
Well that's not entirely true....

Old
01-31-2013, 10:42 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
One goal, 10 shots, -8 in 7 games for David Jones. Yikes!

Yeah it's a small sample size, but this guy makes more than Alex Tanguay - who, by the way, is still awesome seven years after he was stupidly dealt away.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:49 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
One goal, 10 shots, -8 in 7 games for David Jones. Yikes!

Yeah it's a small sample size, but this guy makes more than Alex Tanguay - who, by the way, is still awesome seven years after he was stupidly dealt away.
I remember the Tanguay trade...it was at the NHL Draft. Bettman comes out and says his little phrase, "We have a trade to announce..." and he waits for the crowd the cheer and he makes either a little smirk or joke about it.

Then he announced the trade and I remember thinking, "Umm....what the **** did we just do?"

No offense to Wilson, because I think he's been a fine and solid addition, but obviously Wilson wasn't the main piece coming back, that was supposed to be Leopold.

To this day I still remember the stupid f***ing smirk that Giguere had on his face when the camera cut to him after the trade was announced...

I also remember why Tanguay was dealt, we couldn't afford what his contract was going to be.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Don't kid yourselves, Tanguay was a huge disappointment to the Flames his first go-around. He bounced around to Monteal and Tampa before finally getting his **** together and coming back to Calgary for cheap. I don't blame the Avs for dealing him because he was demanding a long-term deal that, at the time, he didn't deserve. Remember that once he was traded to the Flames, he signed for $5 million a season, which is of course more than what Jones currently makes.

Leopold was just snakebitten from the get-go. If not for injuries (including a freaking sports hernia) he would've been a much better player for us.

But there's no argument--Jones has been really bad to start out the season. Can't help but think he might have a minor injury of some sort--when he doesn't have his speed he simply isn't effective. Nevertheless, we can only wait and hope he gets it turned around.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:52 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Don't kid yourselves, Tanguay was a huge disappointment to the Flames his first go-around. He bounced around to Monteal and Tampa before finally getting his **** together and coming back to Calgary for cheap. I don't blame the Avs for dealing him because he was demanding a long-term deal that, at the time, he didn't deserve. Remember that once he was traded to the Flames, he signed for $5 million a season, which is of course more than what Jones currently makes.

Leopold was just snakebitten from the get-go. If not for injuries (including a freaking sports hernia) he would've been a much better player for us.

But there's no argument--Jones has been really bad to start out the season. Can't help but think he might have a minor injury of some sort--when he doesn't have his speed he simply isn't effective. Nevertheless, we can only wait and hope he gets it turned around.
This isn't entirely true he was great is first season and in the second season Keenan tried to make him into a grinder and split him and Iggy up and he didn't fit the role we never wanted him to leave.

Anyway I came to ask if something around Giordano for ROR would work?

Old
02-01-2013, 01:15 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
This isn't entirely true he was great is first season and in the second season Keenan tried to make him into a grinder and split him and Iggy up and he didn't fit the role we never wanted him to leave.

I'd rather not do a deal based around that but I also wouldn't be that disappointed if Sherman does end up making a deal based around Giordano for ROR.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:49 AM
viach

Quote:

Yes if you add Sven Baertschi

Old
02-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Hmm

So should Avs fans STILL be happy with a Duchene for Gardiner+ [as long as the '+' is small] trade? Because, as Leaf fans have pointed out over the course of the summer, Gardiner OUTSCORED Duchene last year, so clearly, he's awesome.

Or wait, do injuries only COUNT THIS season??

Wanted to post this in the appropriate place on the trade boards but I'd probably get a warning, banned or worse.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:41 AM
chet1926

My thoughts on trades that would help the Avs, that seem within the realm of possibility:

TO TOR: Stastny, 2nd
TO COL: Phaneuf, Bozak

The reason behind this is it paves a way for O'Reilly to sign. With Stastny out of the picture he can compete with Bozak for 2nd line center behind Duchene. Phaneuf is better than any dman we have not named Johnson. Toronto gets the center they've wanted for a long time and pick up an extra 2nd rd pick.

TO PITTS: Jones, mid level prospect (Carey or Gaunce or something along that line)
TO COL: Bennett, 2nd, salary dump or I think we can offer to eat some of Jones contract now with the new CBA

The reason behind this is Pittsburgh gets a 2nd line winger, who has looked terrible this year but still has a good shot. If you insert Jones with Malkin or Crosby all he has to do is get in the right places and make shots. He could easily cash in 20-30 goals with Crosby or Malkin doing the heavy lifting. Colorado gets a young winger with some upside and get back a 2nd rd pick.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:45 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Trade David Jones a few games into his new 4 year contract that he signed days before becoming an unrestricted free agent...

Look, he's playing like crap, just like O'Brien and other clowns, but that's not how the NHL works.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
My thoughts on trades that would help the Avs, that seem within the realm of possibility:

TO TOR: Stastny, 2nd
TO COL: Phaneuf, Bozak

The reason behind this is it paves a way for O'Reilly to sign. With Stastny out of the picture he can compete with Bozak for 2nd line center behind Duchene. Phaneuf is better than any dman we have not named Johnson. Toronto gets the center they've wanted for a long time and pick up an extra 2nd rd pick.

TO PITTS: Jones, mid level prospect (Carey or Gaunce or something along that line)
TO COL: Bennett, 2nd, salary dump or I think we can offer to eat some of Jones contract now with the new CBA

The reason behind this is Pittsburgh gets a 2nd line winger, who has looked terrible this year but still has a good shot. If you insert Jones with Malkin or Crosby all he has to do is get in the right places and make shots. He could easily cash in 20-30 goals with Crosby or Malkin doing the heavy lifting. Colorado gets a young winger with some upside and get back a 2nd rd pick.
1 - You'd better get RoR signed FIRST and not expect that 'it paves the way' for him to sign, as you put it. It wouldn't be that horrible but I actually believe that if Avs fans are fed up with Stastny at $6.6M despite being solid defensively, you'll all be even more pissed at Phaneuf at $6M with some of his defensive shortcomings. Of course, he'd help, especially on the PP but he's not the guy I would target. Bozak may very well be available for FREE this summer, no need to give up a 2nd round pick for him.

2 - I'd be very surprised if the Penguins would give up a good, young former 1st round pick PLUS a 2nd round pick for a guy who's struggling as much as Jones is right now even if it came with a salary dump. [I don't even see a salary dump on their team, since Paul Martin seems to have picked up his game]

Old
02-01-2013, 10:29 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by viach View Post
Yes if you add Sven Baertschi
right thanks for the answer

Old
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Avs71

Quote:
right thanks for the answer
Ignore that. Like someone else said, Giordano is a good player and wouldn't be a bad return, but I think the hope would be for a player of similar age. O'Reilly turns 22 this year, Gio turns 30. I think most would prefer a higher risk trade with a younger player.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

I wonder what Phoenix might want for David Rundblad. I'd be interested to see him here. His offensiv potential is enormous and if he could learn to defend, he'd be awesome.

Doesn't seem to be working out on the Coyotes.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:00 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Trade David Jones a few games into his new 4 year contract that he signed days before becoming an unrestricted free agent...
Indeed, the Flyers have that market cornered!

Old
02-01-2013, 11:09 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
I wonder what Phoenix might want for David Rundblad. I'd be interested to see him here. His offensiv potential is enormous and if he could learn to defend, he'd be awesome.

Doesn't seem to be working out on the Coyotes.
I can't figure out why they sent him to the CHL. I have only seen him play once in the AHL and he looked good there. He also has put up good numbers. Maybe he has fallen out of favor?

Old
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I can't figure out why they sent him to the CHL. I have only seen him play once in the AHL and he looked good there. He also has put up good numbers. Maybe he has fallen out of favor?
Both St. Louis and Ottawa deemed him expendable... even though the return on those respective trades was good, there must be something they see that they don't like.

Closed Thread