HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nsh@lak 1/31/2013

Old
02-01-2013, 09:48 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I thought Hannan was awful again. I'd love to see him watch a game and let Blum play.

Part of our breakout problems are because Gill and Hannan are our left defensemen.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I thought Hannan was awful again. I'd love to see him watch a game and let Blum play.

Part of our breakout problems are because Gill and Hannan are our left defensemen.
Gill has always been slow, but I think it's worse than ever. I think his inertia during the lockout has caused him to loose yet another step. He's getting blown by a couple of times a day, and not even his reach is helping.

Honestly, neither of our deadline-deal-turned-resignings (Gill, Gaustad) are looking particularly great right now.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:05 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I agree. The bottom 4 players on the team right now are Hannan, Clune, Gill and Gaustad.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Shea Weber

Agree on time to let Blum play. Just not sure who to sit. Hannan, I suppose.

Weird if he gets scratched right after getting bumped up with Weber, but nothing is ordinary about this season.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:40 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Ok let's look at the stats here....

*Takes a shot of vodka*

Ok, tied with Detroit and Anaheim for 7-9. Tied for 19th in the league.

*Takes another shot*

Dead last in GF/G with 1.57 fuuuuuuuuuu

6th in the league for GA/G with 2.29

*Takes another shot*

PK is 15th with an 80%

PP is 17th with 18.2% WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE #1 PP LAST YEAR?????

*Takes another shot*

Erst, Legwand, and YIP?!?! YIP! has as many goals as friggin Erat and Legwand?!?!?! What the hell!!!!! Damn it! What is he? The next Joel Ward?!?!?!

*Just grabs the jug and chug-a-lugs.*

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

WHERE'S SMITH?! WHERE'S SK?! WHERE'S HUSTLES? Where are my pants? Oh, there they are. AHHHH. Damnit!!!!!!

*IV drips 6 mason jags of cloudy moonshine and passes out*

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Josi is amazing by the way. He has not had even something approaching a bad game from what I have seen (I missed only the ANA one). He carries the puck extremely well and he is probably the best player on our team at entering the zone without a dump and chase right now. He's an RFA at the end of the season; open the pocketbooks and sign an overpriced post-ELC contract to keep him here for the next 3-4 years. For once, let's avoid salary arbitration.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:20 AM
PredsChik

I'll be back at some point on Saturday with the GDT... no internet at home so it may be around lunch time again.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:33 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I agree on Josi, and the Josi Klein pairing worked well last night. We're just one defenseman short of having a great top 4.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:50 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Josi is amazing by the way. He has not had even something approaching a bad game from what I have seen (I missed only the ANA one). He carries the puck extremely well and he is probably the best player on our team at entering the zone without a dump and chase right now. He's an RFA at the end of the season; open the pocketbooks and sign an overpriced post-ELC contract to keep him here for the next 3-4 years. For once, let's avoid salary arbitration.
No chance of arbitration following the ELC.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Subban just got 2 years at 2.8mil. Josi shouldn't be too hard to sign.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I agree on Josi, and the Josi Klein pairing worked well last night. We're just one defenseman short of having a great top 4.
Agree, which is why I didn't understand breaking up Josi and Weber. Sure, it strengthen's the second pairing, but makes the first significantly weaker.

We badly need someone to play with Klein.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:47 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy game. But it was a win and thats all that matters. Hannan was terrible last game, 6 pims in like 14 minutes of ice time... Im definitely in favor of giving blum and chance. Blum could add some much needed mobility and transition on the ice for us.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:54 PM
wadesworld

In the last half of the second, and the third we looked much better.

Upon reflection, I think we might have started the season thinking, "Hey, we're the Predators. What we do is play good defense, lean on our goalie and wait for the good chances to come." As a result, we were too passive offensively and the chances didn't come.

Worse, we were too passive defensively, creating big gatherings in front of the net, which really give Pekka trouble. Like any goalie, he's better when he has some open space and can see what's coming. I think trying to attack on offense is obviously better offensively, and Rinne is the kind of goalie that can bail you out if you give up an odd-man rush by trying to be too aggressive. Obviously there's a balance, but I think this team needs to focus more on attacking and taking chances than trying to be safe and win 1-0.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The biggest thing we miss with Suter right now is his transition game. Josi, though, is incredible.

02-01-2013, 02:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The biggest thing we miss with Suter right now is his transition game. Josi, though, is incredible.
*rubs eyes in disbelief*

Old
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
drwpreds

Still can't get over Bourque's shootout goal- what a beauty. I certainly thought it was over when we fell behind in the SO, but Bourque saved our behinds...

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I somewhat get the breakup of Josi and Weber. Josi is a more mobile defenceman compared to Suter. He really likes to jump in the play. Because of this I think Weber is forced to play a more stay at home role, which is a waste of his talents.

So instead of finding a puck mover to play with Klein, I wouldn't mind getting a stay at home guy (one better than Hannan) with a good first pass to play with Weber.

Bump Hannan down to the bottom pairing and scratch Gill.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Byrddog

Things we miss withour Suter????......... well the nmber one thing that comes to mind is WEBER. This is an issue i don'think hes had a slapper or onetimer within 6ft of the net this year, maybe he has but sure not like the previous years. Really not sore at Suter for moving on but the impact between webers ears needs to end. As the top paid defenseman in history goes a great degree of playing like an eliete player especially while wearing the C.

This win belongs to Pekka time to face the toughest team in the league tomorrow. Not many holes in the Sharks. Just get out of the tank without being totally embarrased should be the goal.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
*rubs eyes in disbelief*
It's crazy but true. Our defense hasn't been as shutdown, and the lack of weber/Suter on the same line is noticeable in the forwards having to be more responsible defensively. But the transition game is really lacking. Suter was the best puck mover on the team

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:36 PM
GenericFan2*

Oulala Kostitsyn's shootout goal was so nasty, same with Bourque's. He made Quick look like Timmy T out there.

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
It's crazy but true. Our defense hasn't been as shutdown, and the lack of weber/Suter on the same line is noticeable in the forwards having to be more responsible defensively. But the transition game is really lacking. Suter was the best puck mover on the team
No, I'm just stunned you're making an appearance