HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks - 2/1 at 9 PM (CSN)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 10:11 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Yep....

.... but that part just gets overlooked like it never happened, of course.
Daniel should have been suspended for that. It was obviously a deliberate cheap shot.

They're such hypocrites on that team - after Torres' hit on Hossa some of the players were saying they didn't get what the big deal was.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:20 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Thought I'd share it with you guys. Our boy Zombotron put quite a bit of effort into making this one.
It was pretty good.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
I saw it and it was really imaginative.....like their thoughts of Keith

Old
02-01-2013, 10:43 AM
yapperface
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Daniel should have been suspended for that. It was obviously a deliberate cheap shot.

They're such hypocrites on that team - after Torres' hit on Hossa some of the players were saying they didn't get what the big deal was.
Like it or not (I hate it) the NHL suspends far more on injury than intent. Star forwards like the Sedins are going to get a pass every time, especially for a play like that.

That being said, I don't think Daniel's hit is anything more than an uncalled 2 minute elbow. Was it really THAT vicious, guys?

Old
02-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
Like it or not (I hate it) the NHL suspends far more on injury than intent. Star forwards like the Sedins are going to get a pass every time, especially for a play like that.

That being said, I don't think Daniel's hit is anything more than an uncalled 2 minute elbow. Was it really THAT vicious, guys?
Like you said, its injury and not intent. I've seen shots like that concuss people before, had Keith been concussed then yes, it was pretty viscious. Toews got concussed by something that wasn't much harder than that.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:48 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Regardless of how crappy Vancouver has played they'll get up for this game.

I see us losing a close one here. We'll probably have a miserable start like we did against Minnesota and Vancouver will score early. Then we'll dominate the play through most of the game and have a ton of scoring chances, but since there's no real pressure to win Luongo will probably stand on his head like he usually does against us when there's nothing really on the line.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:

We are not going to agree. Let's leave it at that and not get anyone an infraction ....before the game starts!

Old
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
unbridledid

Is there much to the kid Kassian ? Nucks fans seem to think he can do it all... With their injuries up the middle Hodson would be a real asset to them right now.

Is the Kassian kid much better than Beach and if so in what ways ? I mean if I played with the twins I could pick up some points too. I saw the Hogs vs the Wolves and Kassian is an active player and certainly has skill, but I don't think he has Beaches shot/release. I know they "fought" once, but it was more a hug fest ...

Old
02-01-2013, 11:07 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
Is there much to the kid Kassian ? Nucks fans seem to think he can do it all... With their injuries up the middle Hodson would be a real asset to them right now.

Is the Kassian kid much better than Beach and if so in what ways ? I mean if I played with the twins I could pick up some points too. I saw the Hogs vs the Wolves and Kassian is an active player and certainly has skill, but I don't think he has Beaches shot/release. I know they "fought" once, but it was more a hug fest ...
I'd like to know the same thing. Reading their board, you'd think he's a Lucic clone.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:

He's a lot better than Beach but he's not Lucic. Lucic is more skilled and a lot tougher. In his 44 games last year not playing with the Sedin's, he had 4 goals and 6 assists. So ya, he's definitely benefiting from playing with 2 highly skilled players.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:

I don't really think it was anything that vicious but Shanahan wanted to crack down on intentional headshots and that's exactly what that was, so in that respect it probably should've earned a suspension. Did it deserve the retaliation that Keith doled out? Nah, but that's the type of player Keith is. We saw the same thing when Cooke laid a headshot on him. He's the cleanest player on the ice until you lay a cheap hit on him. Then he's going to repay the favor x2.

What Keith did has no place in this game and he got off easy with the suspension they gave him. But while I don't necessarily agree with getting retribution that way I guess Sedin will think twice before getting those elbows up again.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:16 AM
StringerBell

Kassian is still just a kid really. He's not a Lucic clone at all, the better comparable is probably Clowe but with better skating and less polish on his game. What I see separating him from Beach is he seems to think the game better.

At Illinihockey, I don't think many scouts would agree with your assessment that Lucic is more skilled.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Kassian is still just a kid really. He's not a Lucic clone at all, the better comparable is probably Clowe but with better skating and less polish on his game. What I see separating him from Beach is he seems to think the game better.
And that he is WAY BETTER at everything than Beach.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

This OP GDT pales in comparison to the one the Canuck fans have.

Good work on their part. Gifs just make everything come together.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:21 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Beach really is an embarrassment. I still want to see him called up as a 4th liner to see what he can do though. It's pretty simple, you'll never get Beach's best game on a night in, night out basis outside of the NHL. That doesn't guarantee he will work out if we call him up but it is why we need to because if he can't hack it up here, then we know for sure it wasn't a situation where he was just bored and needed to be challenged to bring the best out of him.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:22 AM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
.... but that part just gets overlooked like it never happened, of course.
It was a routine check with body contact that happened to also touch part of his face. These types of hits happen all the time. Keith went out of his way to take a vicious direct head shot. Obviously the Sedin hit wasn't a suspendable hit.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post

At Illinihockey, I don't think many scouts would agree with your assessment that Lucic is more skilled.
Lucic is the engine that makes Boston's offense goes, Kassian cashes in on what the Sedin's create for him. Dude has 6 assists in 51 NHL games. 6.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
It was a routine check with body contact that happened to also touch part of his face. These types of hits happen all the time. Keith went out of his way to take a vicious direct head shot. Obviously the Sedin hit wasn't a suspendable hit.
And Keith's was a routine interfernce and his elbow just happened to touch part of Sedin's chin.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Sevanston

Quote:

He seems to me kind of like a meaner Troy Brouwer.

Enough skill to be able to serve as a 3rd wheel with two excellent players, but not much when he's outside of that situation.

The strategy for this game is the same as always against the Canucks. Shut down the Sedins and you'll probably win. Especially now without their best secondary scorers. Lu will try to stand on his head, but as has been shown many times, there's only so much Lu can do on his own.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:26 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I watched the Canucks game the other night. It's been a lot time since the Sedin line has looked this good. They said Kassian trained with them throughout the lockout and built chemistry.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Beach really is an embarrassment. I still want to see him called up as a 4th liner to see what he can do though. It's pretty simple, you'll never get Beach's best game on a night in, night out basis outside of the NHL. That doesn't guarantee he will work out if we call him up but it is why we need to because if he can't hack it up here, then we know for sure it wasn't a situation where he was just bored and needed to be challenged to bring the best out of him.
Beach is an idiot. He takes games off at a time and puts his own little battles ahead of his teams. He is in the Rock for a reason and will never make it to Chicago unless he has a train or bus ticket.

Let it go, Beach is a bust.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Illinihockey

Also re: Kassian, he has a 33.3% shot percentage this season....thats going to go down.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
This OP GDT pales in comparison to the one the Canuck fans have.

Good work on their part. Gifs just make everything come together.
There's like ten people that regularly post on our board. Anything that takes more than 10 minutes to put together will largely go unappreciated.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Routine check, go watch the video again. You know next week the Hawks play Phoenix again and Torres will be in the line up, come back and read our board , I doubly any one of us will be screaming to have Torres lit up all night. There's fans on your side exercising their inner Internet tough guy which is laughable.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:36 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Lucic is the engine that makes Boston's offense goes, Kassian cashes in on what the Sedin's create for him. Dude has 6 assists in 51 NHL games. 6.
Does being an engine really have anything to do with skill? I'm pretty confident Kassian has the better vision and playmaking skills when compared to Lucic. Looch definitely has the better engine though, and plays a much meaner game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I watched the Canucks game the other night. It's been a lot time since the Sedin line has looked this good. They said Kassian trained with them throughout the lockout and built chemistry.
Really? We actually haven't been to impressed with the Sedins to start the year. They still look like they're working their way towards mid-season form.

Closed Thread