HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks - 2/1 at 9 PM (CSN)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2013, 10:11 AM
  #26
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Yep....




.... but that part just gets overlooked like it never happened, of course.
Daniel should have been suspended for that. It was obviously a deliberate cheap shot.

They're such hypocrites on that team - after Torres' hit on Hossa some of the players were saying they didn't get what the big deal was.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:20 AM
  #27
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Thought I'd share it with you guys. Our boy Zombotron put quite a bit of effort into making this one.
It was pretty good.

ChiGuySez is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:21 AM
  #28
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 8,900
vCash: 50
I saw it and it was really imaginative.....like their thoughts of Keith

Atomic Punk is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:43 AM
  #29
yapperface
Bieksallent
 
yapperface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Daniel should have been suspended for that. It was obviously a deliberate cheap shot.

They're such hypocrites on that team - after Torres' hit on Hossa some of the players were saying they didn't get what the big deal was.
Like it or not (I hate it) the NHL suspends far more on injury than intent. Star forwards like the Sedins are going to get a pass every time, especially for a play like that.

That being said, I don't think Daniel's hit is anything more than an uncalled 2 minute elbow. Was it really THAT vicious, guys?

yapperface is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:48 AM
  #30
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
Like it or not (I hate it) the NHL suspends far more on injury than intent. Star forwards like the Sedins are going to get a pass every time, especially for a play like that.

That being said, I don't think Daniel's hit is anything more than an uncalled 2 minute elbow. Was it really THAT vicious, guys?
Like you said, its injury and not intent. I've seen shots like that concuss people before, had Keith been concussed then yes, it was pretty viscious. Toews got concussed by something that wasn't much harder than that.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:48 AM
  #31
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,522
vCash: 500
Regardless of how crappy Vancouver has played they'll get up for this game.

I see us losing a close one here. We'll probably have a miserable start like we did against Minnesota and Vancouver will score early. Then we'll dominate the play through most of the game and have a ton of scoring chances, but since there's no real pressure to win Luongo will probably stand on his head like he usually does against us when there's nothing really on the line.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:04 AM
  #32
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 8,900
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
Like it or not (I hate it) the NHL suspends far more on injury than intent. Star forwards like the Sedins are going to get a pass every time, especially for a play like that.

That being said, I don't think Daniel's hit is anything more than an uncalled 2 minute elbow. Was it really THAT vicious, guys?
We are not going to agree. Let's leave it at that and not get anyone an infraction ....before the game starts!

Atomic Punk is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
  #33
unbridledid
Registered User
 
unbridledid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Is there much to the kid Kassian ? Nucks fans seem to think he can do it all... With their injuries up the middle Hodson would be a real asset to them right now.

Is the Kassian kid much better than Beach and if so in what ways ? I mean if I played with the twins I could pick up some points too. I saw the Hogs vs the Wolves and Kassian is an active player and certainly has skill, but I don't think he has Beaches shot/release. I know they "fought" once, but it was more a hug fest ...

unbridledid is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:07 AM
  #34
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,418
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
Is there much to the kid Kassian ? Nucks fans seem to think he can do it all... With their injuries up the middle Hodson would be a real asset to them right now.

Is the Kassian kid much better than Beach and if so in what ways ? I mean if I played with the twins I could pick up some points too. I saw the Hogs vs the Wolves and Kassian is an active player and certainly has skill, but I don't think he has Beaches shot/release. I know they "fought" once, but it was more a hug fest ...
I'd like to know the same thing. Reading their board, you'd think he's a Lucic clone.

RayP is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:11 AM
  #35
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
Is there much to the kid Kassian ? Nucks fans seem to think he can do it all... With their injuries up the middle Hodson would be a real asset to them right now.

Is the Kassian kid much better than Beach and if so in what ways ? I mean if I played with the twins I could pick up some points too. I saw the Hogs vs the Wolves and Kassian is an active player and certainly has skill, but I don't think he has Beaches shot/release. I know they "fought" once, but it was more a hug fest ...
He's a lot better than Beach but he's not Lucic. Lucic is more skilled and a lot tougher. In his 44 games last year not playing with the Sedin's, he had 4 goals and 6 assists. So ya, he's definitely benefiting from playing with 2 highly skilled players.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
  #36
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
Like it or not (I hate it) the NHL suspends far more on injury than intent. Star forwards like the Sedins are going to get a pass every time, especially for a play like that.

That being said, I don't think Daniel's hit is anything more than an uncalled 2 minute elbow. Was it really THAT vicious, guys?
I don't really think it was anything that vicious but Shanahan wanted to crack down on intentional headshots and that's exactly what that was, so in that respect it probably should've earned a suspension. Did it deserve the retaliation that Keith doled out? Nah, but that's the type of player Keith is. We saw the same thing when Cooke laid a headshot on him. He's the cleanest player on the ice until you lay a cheap hit on him. Then he's going to repay the favor x2.

What Keith did has no place in this game and he got off easy with the suspension they gave him. But while I don't necessarily agree with getting retribution that way I guess Sedin will think twice before getting those elbows up again.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:16 AM
  #37
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Kassian is still just a kid really. He's not a Lucic clone at all, the better comparable is probably Clowe but with better skating and less polish on his game. What I see separating him from Beach is he seems to think the game better.

At Illinihockey, I don't think many scouts would agree with your assessment that Lucic is more skilled.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
  #38
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Kassian is still just a kid really. He's not a Lucic clone at all, the better comparable is probably Clowe but with better skating and less polish on his game. What I see separating him from Beach is he seems to think the game better.
And that he is WAY BETTER at everything than Beach.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
  #39
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
This OP GDT pales in comparison to the one the Canuck fans have.

Good work on their part. Gifs just make everything come together.

Martini* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:21 AM
  #40
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,802
vCash: 10592
Beach really is an embarrassment. I still want to see him called up as a 4th liner to see what he can do though. It's pretty simple, you'll never get Beach's best game on a night in, night out basis outside of the NHL. That doesn't guarantee he will work out if we call him up but it is why we need to because if he can't hack it up here, then we know for sure it wasn't a situation where he was just bored and needed to be challenged to bring the best out of him.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:22 AM
  #41
M A K A V E L I*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: van Coevorden
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
.... but that part just gets overlooked like it never happened, of course.
It was a routine check with body contact that happened to also touch part of his face. These types of hits happen all the time. Keith went out of his way to take a vicious direct head shot. Obviously the Sedin hit wasn't a suspendable hit.

M A K A V E L I* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:23 AM
  #42
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Kassian is still just a kid really. He's not a Lucic clone at all, the better comparable is probably Clowe but with better skating and less polish on his game. What I see separating him from Beach is he seems to think the game better.

At Illinihockey, I don't think many scouts would agree with your assessment that Lucic is more skilled.
Lucic is the engine that makes Boston's offense goes, Kassian cashes in on what the Sedin's create for him. Dude has 6 assists in 51 NHL games. 6.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:24 AM
  #43
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
It was a routine check with body contact that happened to also touch part of his face. These types of hits happen all the time. Keith went out of his way to take a vicious direct head shot. Obviously the Sedin hit wasn't a suspendable hit.
And Keith's was a routine interfernce and his elbow just happened to touch part of Sedin's chin.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:24 AM
  #44
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
Is there much to the kid Kassian ? Nucks fans seem to think he can do it all... With their injuries up the middle Hodson would be a real asset to them right now.

Is the Kassian kid much better than Beach and if so in what ways ? I mean if I played with the twins I could pick up some points too. I saw the Hogs vs the Wolves and Kassian is an active player and certainly has skill, but I don't think he has Beaches shot/release. I know they "fought" once, but it was more a hug fest ...
He seems to me kind of like a meaner Troy Brouwer.

Enough skill to be able to serve as a 3rd wheel with two excellent players, but not much when he's outside of that situation.

The strategy for this game is the same as always against the Canucks. Shut down the Sedins and you'll probably win. Especially now without their best secondary scorers. Lu will try to stand on his head, but as has been shown many times, there's only so much Lu can do on his own.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:26 AM
  #45
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,802
vCash: 10592
I watched the Canucks game the other night. It's been a lot time since the Sedin line has looked this good. They said Kassian trained with them throughout the lockout and built chemistry.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:27 AM
  #46
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Beach really is an embarrassment. I still want to see him called up as a 4th liner to see what he can do though. It's pretty simple, you'll never get Beach's best game on a night in, night out basis outside of the NHL. That doesn't guarantee he will work out if we call him up but it is why we need to because if he can't hack it up here, then we know for sure it wasn't a situation where he was just bored and needed to be challenged to bring the best out of him.
Beach is an idiot. He takes games off at a time and puts his own little battles ahead of his teams. He is in the Rock for a reason and will never make it to Chicago unless he has a train or bus ticket.

Let it go, Beach is a bust.

Martini* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:29 AM
  #47
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,671
vCash: 500
Also re: Kassian, he has a 33.3% shot percentage this season....thats going to go down.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
  #48
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
This OP GDT pales in comparison to the one the Canuck fans have.

Good work on their part. Gifs just make everything come together.
There's like ten people that regularly post on our board. Anything that takes more than 10 minutes to put together will largely go unappreciated.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
  #49
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian
 
Bring Back GLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Blackhawkville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
It was a routine check with body contact that happened to also touch part of his face. These types of hits happen all the time. Keith went out of his way to take a vicious direct head shot. Obviously the Sedin hit wasn't a suspendable hit.
Routine check, go watch the video again. You know next week the Hawks play Phoenix again and Torres will be in the line up, come back and read our board , I doubly any one of us will be screaming to have Torres lit up all night. There's fans on your side exercising their inner Internet tough guy which is laughable.

Bring Back GLR is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:36 AM
  #50
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Lucic is the engine that makes Boston's offense goes, Kassian cashes in on what the Sedin's create for him. Dude has 6 assists in 51 NHL games. 6.
Does being an engine really have anything to do with skill? I'm pretty confident Kassian has the better vision and playmaking skills when compared to Lucic. Looch definitely has the better engine though, and plays a much meaner game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I watched the Canucks game the other night. It's been a lot time since the Sedin line has looked this good. They said Kassian trained with them throughout the lockout and built chemistry.
Really? We actually haven't been to impressed with the Sedins to start the year. They still look like they're working their way towards mid-season form.

StringerBell is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.