Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
You can skip the first 3 items and just hand her the Vodka...
I wish - got to go to work in a few hours. Le sigh.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
If I am being honest, I did that sometimes until I had a family to think about and support me. Fear of failure and all that. Once I was responsible for more than just my own self, I knew I had to root out opportunities and step into the front of the line and promote myself and not second guess myself once in a while.

Perfect example is at my current job. I was hired though I probably only had half of the skills they needed. I learned a lot and worked my ass off the first couple of years until it became easie. Then I expanded, stretched out a bit. Now I am in a position to do it again (I have maybe half the skills needed for the promotion I am looking at) and am ready for a new challenge.

A lot of it is aptitude, but just as much of it is confidence and determination.

Of course, I don't know that this is the same as being a sheep as opposed to carving out your own path. I was actively pursuing being nonconformist for a long, long time. Now I just pick my spots so people don't have to see me be a freak 24/7.

I am at that point, I guess. I am determined, more than ever before.
at the beginning of last year I set an intention to set my work apart. to make it stand out and no follow the "rules" that everyone else was. Being part of the flock was causing me incredible anxiety and testing my faith and the price to pay to "fit in" was all to high (right trevor?) So I split--rather bitterly. Picked myself up, dusted myself off and went to work. Now...I am getting attention. however with that comes some enemies made and lots of imitation.
really what i found is all you need to do to be strong is walk your path and do what you love with your heart open....and you get success. I'm getting better at not caring about conflict. I read a great quote that said....don't worry about making people mad....they will ultimately respect you for standing your ground.
The social dynamic of the "before" was SO strong (cultlike) that its hard to back away sometimes.

I figure my intention I set got me this far...i'm still alive and it feels pretty damn good then I should follow it. its the glory of transition.

On new Years day I thanked someone for inspiring me and that the influence would make it a great year. that person said...."it's in YOU, YOU make it a great year. you are fully capable and it's going to come flow out of you. " I havent forgot that for one second.

My feeling is that the more I "let go" and the more open my heart becomes (and heals), that it will just get warmer and warmer.....

(and I need to get better at saying ***ck off. and not care afterwards)

Old
02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
sooshii
SISU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Rant/

My sister is 11 years older than me, and I barely knew her growing up. She knows nothing about sports. She loves to shop. She loves clothes and shoes and knicknacks. I hate all that stuff. And last night she really really really really wanted to go to the Bruins game with me. Not because she likes the Bruins (she couldn't name a player on the roster) but because it's exciting to go to a game.

The guys on my left at the Garden were dropping dumb comments all night ("Thornton can't fight, he should let Chara do the fighting."). I must have been sitting in a dead spot because I couldn't get tweets, and even walking around between periods I couldn't get fantasy updates. My sister was freezing even with her jacket on and my jacket around her legs. The Bruins lost and she said "oh dear, maybe they can score more next time." And I really, really really needed a drink.

/end rant
you sure you're related? I think blood tests may be in order.

Of course, my own sister says I stunted her academic career by keeping her up nights with my Bruins radio in bed... so you probably could be related.

sorry!

Old
02-01-2013, 12:35 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
. I need to tap into it.
You're doing it wrong.

Edit:
You may be doing it very very right now that I think of it!

Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

I've begun drinking far too much coffee.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
I am at that point, I guess. I am determined, more than ever before.
at the beginning of last year I set an intention to set my work apart. to make it stand out and no follow the "rules" that everyone else was. Being part of the flock was causing me incredible anxiety and testing my faith and the price to pay to "fit in" was all to high (right trevor?) So I split--rather bitterly. Picked myself up, dusted myself off and went to work. Now...I am getting attention. however with that comes some enemies made and lots of imitation.
really what i found is all you need to do to be strong is walk your path and do what you love with your heart open....and you get success. I'm getting better at not caring about conflict. I read a great quote that said....don't worry about making people mad....they will ultimately respect you for standing your ground.
The social dynamic of the "before" was SO strong (cultlike) that its hard to back away sometimes.

I figure my intention I set got me this far...i'm still alive and it feels pretty damn good then I should follow it. its the glory of transition.

On new Years day I thanked someone for inspiring me and that the influence would make it a great year. that person said...."it's in YOU, YOU make it a great year. you are fully capable and it's going to come flow out of you. " I havent forgot that for one second.

My feeling is that the more I "let go" and the more open my heart becomes (and heals), that it will just get warmer and warmer.....

(and I need to get better at saying ***ck off. and not care afterwards)
Good post. Sounds like you know whats up. Its just difficult to be on the outside sometimes. Its easier when you can say "**** off" and not care afterwards, but that takes some getting used to I suppose. You can't (and shouldn't) be freinds with everybody.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Old
02-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Good post. Sounds like you know whats up. Its just difficult to be on the outside sometimes. Its easier when you can say "**** off" and not care afterwards, but that takes some getting used to I suppose. You can't (and shouldn't) be freinds with everybody.
This is good advice. Something I fail to heed too often.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
This is good advice. Something I fail to heed too often.
What was that I said to you the other day...something like .."I'm ****ing fantastic...everyone can sit up and notice."

but yes, it is hard. we are social creatures.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
G You can't (and shouldn't) be freinds with everybody.
ok im going to use that from now on

Old
02-01-2013, 12:51 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

The conversation here today is skewing too deep. Quick, someone remove their pants and do some jumping jacks...

Old
02-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
The conversation here today is skewing too deep. Quick, someone remove their pants and do some jumping jacks...
OW!

my eye

Old
02-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Paging Lou!

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
you sure you're related? I think blood tests may be in order.

Of course, my own sister says I stunted her academic career by keeping her up nights with my Bruins radio in bed... so you probably could be related.

sorry!
Thanks, next game I'll be going with my friend Heather and we'll have a good time trashing the Leafs.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Rant/

My sister is 11 years older than me, and I barely knew her growing up. She knows nothing about sports. She loves to shop. She loves clothes and shoes and knicknacks. I hate all that stuff. And last night she really really really really wanted to go to the Bruins game with me. Not because she likes the Bruins (she couldn't name a player on the roster) but because it's exciting to go to a game.

The guys on my left at the Garden were dropping dumb comments all night ("Thornton can't fight, he should let Chara do the fighting."). I must have been sitting in a dead spot because I couldn't get tweets, and even walking around between periods I couldn't get fantasy updates. My sister was freezing even with her jacket on and my jacket around her legs. The Bruins lost and she said "oh dear, maybe they can score more next time." And I really, really really needed a drink.

/end rant
OMG. Talk about a night spent in hell

Go out and buy a bottle of your favorite alcoholic beverage. Drink entire bottle at one sitting. It is the only way to forget such a horrific experience.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Old
02-01-2013, 01:34 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
No. Just.....no.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I just got a salad with lettuce, spinach, apples, peppers, corn, chicken, cillantro, red onion, and a light herb vinegrette.

It was out of this freaking world.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:01 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
After drinking iced coffee w/ extra cream and sugar 5 times a week for about a year, I switched to black coffee. I eventually weened myself off of it all together and only have a half cup on mornings where I'm really dragging ass about going to lift or right before hockey.

02-01-2013, 02:01 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
No such thing as too much coffee...

Old
02-01-2013, 02:02 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I just got a salad with lettuce, spinach, apples, peppers, corn, chicken, cillantro, red onion, and a light herb vinegrette.

It was out of this freaking world.
Unless there was a large piece of steak in the center of it, I call BS...

Old
02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
say whatever you want; the vancouver millionaires is a baller name for a team, full stop

this coming from a pinko should let one know how amazing this name is

Old
02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

What the heck is the ECHL? I have heard about it in passing but never really looked into it. A friend of mine keeps posting about a SF team and when I looked them up they're part of the ECHL.

Should be worth a look. Don't want to watch the Sharks and SF is much nicer than SJ.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:22 PM
smithformeragent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
What the heck is the ECHL? I have heard about it in passing but never really looked into it. A friend of mine keeps posting about a SF team and when I looked them up they're part of the ECHL.

Should be worth a look. Don't want to watch the Sharks and SF is much nicer than SJ.
Double A ball. My fiance's friend said she could get cheap tickets to the Elmira Jack Rabbits of the E last week. I asked her where this offer had been during the lockout and gave the resounding veto vote.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

So if we were to make the NHL like the MLB

NHL
AHL
ECHL

?

Old
02-01-2013, 03:01 PM
smithformeragent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
So if we were to make the NHL like the MLB

NHL
AHL
ECHL

?
I dunno, OHL maybe? It's hard to compare the two because the best players play in junior and then the NHL. Many future NHLers play in the American League. Less than 500 ECHL players have made the show.

Closed Thread