HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban (2 yrs/$5.75M) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Subban wasn't "holding out" he was an unsigned Free Agent. Holding out is for palyers with signed contracts looking for a new deal(no longer doable since last CBA).
The correct term isn't really relevant to my point. I think the media made a mountain out of a mole.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:42 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I just read on twitter a post from that Leafs hack Bill Watters from Jan 29 about PK and that he's not surprised by the MTL's reaction to PK's return. The interesting part is he said this will be the last contract PK will sign in MTL. Sounds more like a Habs hater talking out of his butt if you ask me.

https://twitter.com/RealBillWatters/...84758567546882
They said the exact same thing about Price, especially after he lost the starting job to Halak. Media were saying Price wanted out, and when he did sign his bridge contract that it would be the last contract that he would ever sign in Montreal. Such melodramatic b.s.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:24 AM
gmtman

Right...Waters was such a successful agent and GM in his days....you can take it to the bank now that PK won't be around after 2 years with Montreal......lmao

Old
02-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Tuggy

It's best to ignore anything Bill Watters says.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Rick Moffat ‏@RickMoffat

#subbinator just wires blast to top shelf on PP drill---zero goal celebration. "whoa!" audible from some teammates.

Subban on second PP today with Bouillon, Subban in and Kaberle out tomorrow would be awesome.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Rick Moffat ‏@RickMoffat

#subbinator just wires blast to top shelf on PP drill---zero goal celebration. "whoa!" audible from some teammates.

Subban on second PP today with Bouillon, Subban in and Kaberle out tomorrow would be awesome.

Can't wait to have him back!

Old
02-01-2013, 11:05 AM
PricePkPatch

Looks like Subban been practicing his slap shots. Good for him.

If he becomes a Shot Threat, the opposition will focus on him a lot more, which might open Kaberle's own shot for better rebounds.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post

If he becomes a Shot Threat, the opposition will focus on him a lot more, which might open Kaberle's own shot for better rebounds.
Kaberle has no shot. It gets blocked before getting to the net.

The opposition will cover PK more regardless, they know he is the guy to watch on the PP. Also, I think Kaberle is likely to be the one sitting out, unless Bouillon is fatigued. But Therrien likes his ruggedness and he certainly doesn't seem shy to use Bouillon, so he'll be staying imo.
Lines at practice also follow this thought, PK was paired with Bouillon, Gorges with Diaz, Markov Emelin.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:05 PM
KirbyDots

I'm considering picking up Diaz for my fantasy team and I also have Markov. How does Subban's return effect their PP time and total time on ice? Also, is Diaz for real or is his production going to trend down now that PK is back? Thanks!

Old
02-01-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Looks like Subban been practicing his slap shots. Good for him.If he becomes a Shot Threat, the opposition will focus on him a lot more, which might open Kaberle's own shot for better rebounds.
You can tell that from one practice? lol...

BTW - I don't agree that anything was wrong with Subban's slap shot last year...the only difference was that when the two point men on the PP are Kaberle & Subban...it's not really difficult to figure out who is going to take the shots

Old
02-01-2013, 12:08 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Kaberle has no shot. It gets blocked before getting to the net.
Can you hold off the stupid hyperbole, once in a while? Kaberle has a shot. It's weak, but it's still there. With good positioning, it's good enough to get to the net. Which means either a deviation or a rebound for our forwards.

Quote:
The opposition will cover PK more regardless, they know he is the guy to watch on the PP. Also, I think Kaberle is likely to be the one sitting out, unless Bouillon is fatigued. But Therrien likes his ruggedness and he certainly doesn't seem shy to use Bouillon, so he'll be staying imo.
Lines at practice also follow this thought, PK was paired with Bouillon, Gorges with Diaz, Markov Emelin.
Agreed that Bouillon should probably play over Kaberle. He's been solid so far.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:13 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
You can tell that from one practice? lol...
well, if he regained some precision, yes. Off course, it's practice. I await eagerly his game results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
BTW - I don't agree that anything was wrong with Subban's slap shot last year...the only difference was that when the two point men on the PP are Kaberle & Subban...it's not really difficult to figure out who is going to take the shots
Last year, Subban's shots were quite imprecise. Very often the Habs would lose the zone because of his imprecise shot.

the only one worse than Subban was Camellarri.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
well, if he regained some precision, yes. Off course, it's practice. I await eagerly his game results.

Last year, Subban's shots were quite imprecise. Very often the Habs would lose the zone because of his imprecise shot.

the only one worse than Subban was Camellarri.
He had alot of imprecise shots his rookie year when he scored 14 as well...only difference was that he was playing the point on the PP with the Wiz.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Can you hold off the stupid hyperbole, once in a while? Kaberle has a shot. It's weak, but it's still there. With good positioning, it's good enough to get to the net. Which means either a deviation or a rebound for our forwards.
It wasn't a stupid hyperbole. Everybody has a shot, all you have to do is shoot. I have a shot. His shot just isn't that great. It's not like a Diaz shot. It's good to have aim, but you also need some power and Diaz has that. Kaberle has little power in his shot, I think Gorges has a harder one.
But I don't think PK's shot last year was bad. Obviously, our analysts aren't capable of really analyzing much of anything. They're only good at criticizing, at all cost, no matter the issue or invalidity.
Last year, PK's shooting efficiency doubled down. That's not because he suddenly forgot how to shoot or aim. PK is a huge one timer type of player, put the puck 1 inch too far in front or in the back, from a point shot, can affect the accuracy of the shot tremendously.
I think positioning was more of an issue, more so than aim. I don't think there was anything wrong with his shot.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Habaddict

Subban is practicing with Boullion. I guess that means he'll play a lot
on Saturday.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I'm considering picking up Diaz for my fantasy team and I also have Markov. How does Subban's return effect their PP time and total time on ice? Also, is Diaz for real or is his production going to trend down now that PK is back? Thanks!
If I was coach, I would put PK on the second PP unit, and leave the combo that is working (Diaz-Markov) together.

Therrien actually had those PP lines rolling this morning, which means that Diaz should continue to produce a lot of apples.

That being said, his production rate at the moment is absolutely unsustainable, so keep that in mind.

I don't think it's necessarily PK's return that will make Diaz's production trend downwards, just the law of averages.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:35 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
It wasn't a stupid hyperbole. Everybody has a shot, all you have to do is shoot. I have a shot. His shot just isn't that great. It's not like a Diaz shot. It's good to have aim, but you also need some power and Diaz has that. Kaberle has little power in his shot, I think Gorges has a harder one.
But I don't think PK's shot last year was bad. Obviously, our analysts aren't capable of really analyzing much of anything. They're only good at criticizing, at all cost, no matter the issue or invalidity.
Last year, PK's shooting efficiency doubled down. That's not because he suddenly forgot how to shoot or aim. PK is a huge one timer type of player, put the puck 1 inch too far in front or in the back, from a point shot, can affect the accuracy of the shot tremendously.
I think positioning was more of an issue, more so than aim. I don't think there was anything wrong with his shot.
Subban started scoring last season when he started to use his wrist shot more. If you only slap the puck, you only have to take one lane away from him.. if he is showing a wrist-shot too, then suddenly there are more angles you have to take to shut him down.

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 670
My understanding is PK worked a lot on his footspeed and accuracy on his shot in the off season.

Also from what he says he gained 20 lbs of lean muscle and feels he's actually faster than before.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
My understanding is PK worked a lot on his footspeed and accuracy on his shot in the off season.

Also from what he says he gained 20 lbs of lean muscle and feels he's actually faster than before.
Didn't he gain a ton of muscle mass last summer as well?

Such a gym rat.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Habcentric

Quote:

I think that is what made our Powerplay so effective in years past before markov's injury. By having a threat at the point, the defenders have to commit up high which opens our fowards to get close to the net. If you noticed our PP has been behind in the last few years, its because of that lack of threat from the back end. My proof is what markov and diaz has done so far this year. Add in Subban on the second wave, i have no doubt in my mind our PP will be top 5. And if you look at last year, with a PP in top 5 we would of made the playoffs.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Subban started scoring last season when he started to use his wrist shot more. If you only slap the puck, you only have to take one lane away from him.. if he is showing a wrist-shot too, then suddenly there are more angles you have to take to shut him down.
You also have a more accuracy.
Nothing wrong with slap shots, but unless you have Ray Bourque accuracy, you need the puck to be coming in at the right spot or be quick to re-position yourself.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Everyone agrees that Kaberle should shoot more. Of course a big reason
for this was because he had a very powerful, and really underrated shot. I
don't know if he has lost some of that power, but last year he showed some
good shots at times.
The one thing I know for sure, is you are wrong about him getting blocked
all the time. One of the "just thoughts" analysis looked at how often shots got
through to the net. Kaberle was one of, or the best, at not being blocked.

Old
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

I hope he doesn't get tested if that's case. No way you can gain that much lean muscle in so little time unless you're under roids.

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Didn't he gain a ton of muscle mass last summer as well?

Such a gym rat.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=185521

He's ridiculous in his training, like 9 times a week? geeze

Old
02-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
Everyone agrees that Kaberle should shoot more. Of course a big reason
for this was because he had a very powerful, and really underrated shot. I
don't know if he has lost some of that power, but last year he showed some
good shots at times.
The one thing I know for sure, is you are wrong about him getting blocked
all the time. One of the "just thoughts" analysis looked at how often shots got
through to the net. Kaberle was one of, or the best, at not being blocked.
It wasn't about him getting his shots blocked, it was more a knock on his weak shot that looks more like a pass. He doesn't have the same shot as he used to, at least he hasn't showed that he still has it.

Closed Thread