HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks - 2/1 at 9 PM (CSN)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
Like it or not (I hate it) the NHL suspends far more on injury than intent. Star forwards like the Sedins are going to get a pass every time, especially for a play like that.

That being said, I don't think Daniel's hit is anything more than an uncalled 2 minute elbow. Was it really THAT vicious, guys?
No, I don't think it was. But that's an unpopular opinion among Hawk fans. They all seem to believe Daniel was throwing a brutal shot at Keith's head with full intent to hurt him, and that Keith was just responding in kind when he did something seven or eight times worse a few minutes later.

There's no justifying Keith's idiocy in that game - I wish people would stop trying to do it. Did Daniel go over the line? Yeah, he probably did. Was there an appropriate way for Keith to respond, perhaps with a comparable hit ("questionable" rather than "outright illegal") or hard legal hit? Of course. And he didn't do that. That flying elbow was one of the dirtiest hits since the lockout - only the most biased of fans will disagree.

Sedin may have deserved something in response to his little shot, but it definitely wasn't that.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Jefe88

Just to let you guys know, it's been more of Kassian pulling the Sedin's at the start of the season. The twins haven't really found their touch yet but Kassian is playing like a beast. The thing that surprises you the most when you watch him is his hockey sense. Hope to see another classic out there tonight

Old
02-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Does being an engine really have anything to do with skill? I'm pretty confident Kassian has the better vision and playmaking skills when compared to Lucic. Looch definitely has the better engine though, and plays a much meaner game.
Better playmaking? He has 6 assists in his entire career and 0 this season despite playing with the Sedin's. Kassian is a poacher, not a playmaker (poacher is not an insult).

Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really? We actually haven't been to impressed with the Sedins to start the year. They still look like they're working their way towards mid-season form.
I never said anything about the Sedins conditioning, lol.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Cullksinikers

I laugh at the notion of someone taking a run at Keith.

Bieksa is a little *****. He fights no one near his weight class. I was at Game 4 when he went after Stalberg. Takes a true man to go after those kinds of guys. Bollig is dressed and knows his role. If Kassian or Bieksa get ballsy tonight, we have a couple guys that won't mind making their face beat up their hands.

You take a run at Keith and someone from Chicago will come after you and one of your star players. Let's see if they really want to play that game. They'd be stupid to.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
There's like ten people that regularly post on our board. Anything that takes more than 10 minutes to put together will largely go unappreciated.
I highly doubt the Canucks OP GDT took more then ten minutes considering how many programs that are out there now that do all of the work for you.

Still, with that kind of dedication you can see why they always have 100 people lurking their forum and the Hawks forum has about 10. Dedication is just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I laugh at the notion of someone taking a run at Keith.

Bieksa is a little *****. He fights no one near his weight class. I was at Game 4 when he went after Stalberg. Takes a true man to go after those kinds of guys. Bollig is dressed and knows his role. If Kassian or Bieksa get ballsy tonight, we have a couple guys that won't mind making their face beat up their hands.

You take a run at Keith and someone from Chicago will come after you and one of your star players. Let's see if they really want to play that game. They'd be stupid to.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Illinihockey

I just hope Bollig doesn't waste his time hammering on Volpatti

Old
02-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I'm not saying that Chicago is loaded with tough guys, but the guys who are willing to drop 'em on Chicago can certainly handle Kassian and Bieksa.

Child, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I just hope Bollig doesn't waste his time hammering on Volpatti
Yeah, that's the other stooge.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:45 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Martini, show us a good GDT if its that fast and easy.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:46 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I highly doubt the Canucks OP GDT took more then ten minutes considering how many programs that are out there now that do all of the work for you.

Still, with that kind of dedication you can see why they always have 100 people lurking their forum and the Hawks forum has about 10. Dedication is just that.
that's great. why don't you make one.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:46 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Better playmaking? He has 6 assists in his entire career and 0 this season despite playing with the Sedin's. Kassian is a poacher, not a playmaker (poacher is not an insult).
Stat sheets aren't always the best easy to evaluate talent, especially for a guy in the early stages of his first full season.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Cullksinikers

The guy who joined May 12th is talking about dedication.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Beach is an idiot. He takes games off at a time and puts his own little battles ahead of his teams. He is in the Rock for a reason and will never make it to Chicago unless he has a train or bus ticket.

Let it go, Beach is a bust.
^
This

Beach was just another in a long list of Tallon failures at draft table

Old
02-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

It is utterly laughable to think Keith would drop them with any of the gomers on the nucks. He is smart enough to know that losing him for 5 minutes would really hurt us and not the nucks if it is someone jaggoff like Volpatti.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
You never want to see a skill core player fight ,, Really that simple

Old
02-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Cullksinikers

I just the Sedins hit time after time. Don't let those sisters mesmerize you with the puck. Keep hitting the ****ers and make them crawl into a shell.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
It is utterly laughable to think Keith would drop them with any of the gomers on the nucks. He is smart enough to know that losing him for 5 minutes would really hurt us and not the nucks if it is someone jaggoff like Volpatti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You never want to see a skill core player fight ,, Really that simple
Yeah, you let Bollig/Mayers, Brookbank, and maybe even Shaw do that.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Illinihockey

Going to say you see Shaw in a scrap tonight, going to guess Volpatti.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Going to say you see Shaw in a scrap tonight, going to guess Volpatti.
I am guessing the same as well.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
Is there much to the kid Kassian ? Nucks fans seem to think he can do it all... With their injuries up the middle Hodson would be a real asset to them right now.

Is the Kassian kid much better than Beach and if so in what ways ? I mean if I played with the twins I could pick up some points too. I saw the Hogs vs the Wolves and Kassian is an active player and certainly has skill, but I don't think he has Beaches shot/release. I know they "fought" once, but it was more a hug fest ...
Quote:
He's a lot better than Beach but he's not Lucic. Lucic is more skilled and a lot tougher. In his 44 games last year not playing with the Sedin's, he had 4 goals and 6 assists. So ya, he's definitely benefiting from playing with 2 highly skilled players.
Quote:
Kassian is still just a kid really. He's not a Lucic clone at all, the better comparable is probably Clowe but with better skating and less polish on his game. What I see separating him from Beach is he seems to think the game better.

At Illinihockey, I don't think many scouts would agree with your assessment that Lucic is more skilled.

Nuck fan chiming in: Kassian is more skilled that Lucic. That was in fact part of the scouting report comparable between the two. However, Lucic is stronger, a better fighter, and a better shooter. Kassian is more of a playmaker.

He's still young though. Not fully there. StringerBell has it right comparing him to Clowe than Lucic. Just with more vision, and a much less polished game. He is _not_ a "poacher", he's a passer (seen through his stats in lesser leagues), but has adapted to the Sedins to become the shooter.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Stat sheets aren't always the best easy to evaluate talent, especially for a guy in the early stages of his first full season.

Kassian has had to become the shooter primarily because the Sedins haven't been doing much yet. Normally, he's a playmaker/passer. When Daniel starts scoring again you may see more of that moving forward.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:04 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
NVM, I'll take care of it myself.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I'm not saying that Chicago is loaded with tough guys, but the guys who are willing to drop 'em on Chicago can certainly handle Kassian and Bieksa.

Child, please.
Wait, who can handle Kassian who Kassian is gonna drop them with?

You really think Kassian is gonna drop the gloves with Bollig? Because there isnt another person on the Hawks who can handle him. And Bieksa is a spot picker and will skate away from Bollig, also.

Anybody else and the Hawks are giving up talent.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Martini, show us a good GDT if its that fast and easy.
I will make the next one.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Crows*

Hello. The canucks need to challenge Keith to a fight. Someone more his size. Not Kassian or volpatti. If Keith ******* out then I hope the canucks target Kane, Toews and Keith with their bodies.

Bolig vs volpatti would be ok too or Kassian.

Closed Thread