HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
  #51
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,692
vCash: 500
Should be interesting tonight. Luongo at home against the Hawks has been horrible in the past, and while the Canucks are banged-up, the Hawks have all their guys rolling.

Whatever the result, the media has an easy story.


TOML

TOML is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
  #52
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,445
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
I just added Strome in there for ***** and giggles lol.

So Okposo and Niederreiter for Luongo? Do we have a done deal? Islanders then buy out DiPietro's contract and begin fresh. It would definitley help them tutor a young goaltender and start building.
Perhaps later in the season once we get a better sense of who exactly is the 1A/1B in the relationship, but if Luongo were to be traded I would be fine with that return.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:08 PM
  #53
Bieksallent
Registered User
 
Bieksallent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Perhaps later in the season once we get a better sense of who exactly is the 1A/1B in the relationship, but if Luongo were to be traded I would be fine with that return.
I don't think Roberto would be fine going to the Islanders. Nabokov has been getting shelled so far and Luongo would be getting flashbacks to his last two years in Florida. They have some good offensive pieces but definitely have to figure out the defensive side of things.

Bieksallent is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:09 PM
  #54
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
I don't think Roberto would be fine going to the Islanders. Nabokov has been getting shelled so far and Luongo would be getting flashbacks to his last two years in Florida. They have some good offensive pieces but definitely have to figure out the defensive side of things.
I honestly think Lu will go to anywhere at this point, lol. And Nabokov has done better than expected on that team. They have a young defense and some key pieces.

Okposo is pretty underrated and they've tried to ship Niederreiter, if Lu agrees on this I say make it now.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
  #55
Bieksallent
Registered User
 
Bieksallent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
I honestly think Lu will go to anywhere at this point, lol. And Nabokov has done better than expected on that team. They have a young defense and some key pieces.

Okposo is pretty underrated and they've tried to ship Niederreiter, if Lu agrees on this I say make it now.
I don't know about Okposo... If we're exiling Luongo to the Islanders, I'd want Nino and Strome but no Islander fan would do that I imagine.

Edit: yeah, I wasn't selling Nabokov short. It's just that he faces a lot of shots, many of which are quality scoring chances. They've got some good pieces but haven't put it together yet. Strait looks like an inspiring pick-up.

Bieksallent is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:12 PM
  #56
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
I don't know about Okposo... If we're exiling Luongo to the Islanders, I'd want Nino and Strome but no Islander fan would do that I imagine.
Okposo is actually very underrated. He's got sweet hands and can put the puck in the net.

If he had a better team around him he'd excell. He gets those greasy goals but also has very good moves.



I Am Score* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:15 PM
  #57
RECsGuy*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
I don't think Roberto would be fine going to the Islanders.
Have you seen the goal support the Isles give Nabby? Luongo would be more than happy to play behind that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
If we're exiling Luongo to the Islanders
Brooklyn. Would hate to be exiled there. Oh, the suffering

RECsGuy* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:16 PM
  #58
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
It's not nonsense.

Your team relies heavily on the Sedins. They're 32 now. Their play will drop off as they get older.
It is nonsense.
We were told our window closed when Bertuzzi/Naslund/Morrisson, the most dominant line in the NHL, fell off. Two plugs playing on our third line who were called the Sisters were said to not be good enough to carry the team. No one, including Cancuck fans, ever predicted they would each win scoring titles and a Hart and Lindsay. The moral of the story is you can't predict when a window closes and when a new one opens.

vanwest is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:16 PM
  #59
Bieksallent
Registered User
 
Bieksallent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
Okposo is actually very underrated. He's got sweet hands and can put the puck in the net.

If he had a better team around him he'd excell.


I'm not doubting Okposo's talent, but he's kind of indicative of the issues with that team. Lots of skill but not much consistency, poor defense, and he's had some injury issues, hasn't he?

Bieksallent is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:17 PM
  #60
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
You're right, Islanders love their netminders not named DiPietro.

I say we make it happen. Good trade for both sides. Gives the Isles some excitement unless they plan on becoming "contenders" when Tavares is 30.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
  #61
Bieksallent
Registered User
 
Bieksallent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Have you seen the goal support the Isles give Nabby? Luongo would be more than happy to play behind that.



Brooklyn. Would hate to be exiled there. Oh, the suffering
Not for another 3 seasons and according to this place, Luongo will be in the geriatric ward, with a GAA of 20.25. Damn that hot hand Agnes!

Bieksallent is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:20 PM
  #62
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
I'm not doubting Okposo's talent, but he's kind of indicative of the issues with that team. Lots of skill but not much consistency, poor defense, and he's had some injury issues, hasn't he?
Well he has had one bad season with injury which was two years ago.

Other than that he's played around 80 games a season, tallying this in the past seasons excluding that injury plagued season:

2011-2012: 24, 21, 45 points
2009-2010: 19, 33, 52 points

He has the opportunity to put up 55 points in a full season with a good team AT LEAST. That being said, he has two years remaining on his 5 year deal.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:34 PM
  #63
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
I just added Strome in there for ***** and giggles lol.

So Okposo and Niederreiter for Luongo? Do we have a done deal? Islanders then buy out DiPietro's contract and begin fresh. It would definitley help them tutor a young goaltender and start building.
Ya that is what I was suggesting before. This exactly the kind of trade Gillis would be looking for. I think Islanders would send Nabokov Canucks way as well, since they cannot buyout Diepetro till the offseason. Also Canucks need a backup.

Okposo
Niederreiter
Nabokov

For

Luongo

Numbers is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:38 PM
  #64
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Ya that is what I was suggesting before. This exactly the kind of trade Gillis would be looking for. I think Islanders would send Nabokov Canucks way as well, since they cannot buyout Diepetro till the offseason. Also Canucks need a backup.

Okposo
Niederreiter
Nabokov

For

Luongo
I totally agree. LET'S GET IT DONE!

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:42 PM
  #65
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
I totally agree. LET'S GET IT DONE!
Are you an Islanders fan?

Numbers is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:45 PM
  #66
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Are you an Islanders fan?
No, just sick of the Luongo talk haha.

Plus I like Okposo and feel he's not being used as well as he could be on the Island.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
  #67
Bieksallent
Registered User
 
Bieksallent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
No, just sick of the Luongo talk haha.

Plus I like Okposo and feel he's not being used as well as he could be on the Island.
I don't get it. According to Behind the Net, his most frequent linemates for last season were Tavares and Frans Nielsen.

Bieksallent is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:59 PM
  #68
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!
 
seawolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
No, just sick of the Luongo talk haha.

Plus I like Okposo and feel he's not being used as well as he could be on the Island.
He plays with Tavares on the first line.

seawolves is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:02 PM
  #69
Bieksallent
Registered User
 
Bieksallent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves View Post
He plays with Tavares on the first line.
Free Kyle Okposo! Let's make some wristbands and t-shirts. It's a cause worth getting behind!

What are your thoughts on the kind of player Okposo will be when he tops out?

Bieksallent is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:04 PM
  #70
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
unless you are a fan of the Detroit red wings recently time has shown that after a window opens it does close. This is not a slight against the Nucks, but for the most part no team except Det. has been a perenial contender over the last 20 yrs.
All on how they are managed.

And a team like San Jose was apparently **** up a couple of years ago.

Lonny Bohonos is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:06 PM
  #71
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
It's not nonsense.

Your team relies heavily on the Sedins. They're 32 now. Their play will drop off as they get older.
Yes because everything operates in a vacuum. Lol

As other players step up the team needs to rely less and less on the Sedins. Etc etc etc

Lonny Bohonos is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
  #72
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,137
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
The Canucks need to just ship him to the Isles already.

Buy out DiPietro's contract. Canucks get Okposo, Strome, and Niederreiter in return.
You clearly are not an Isles fan that is a horrible deal for them. It's been pointed out 1000 times at least the Isles are not going to buy out DiPietro.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
  #73
Alflives
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
I don't know about Okposo... If we're exiling Luongo to the Islanders, I'd want Nino and Strome but no Islander fan would do that I imagine.

Edit: yeah, I wasn't selling Nabokov short. It's just that he faces a lot of shots, many of which are quality scoring chances. They've got some good pieces but haven't put it together yet. Strait looks like an inspiring pick-up.
Is not Okposo a big power forward with good hands, who can skate and plays tough? Why would you want more soft forwards, like Nino?

Alflives is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:11 PM
  #74
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
The Canucks need to just ship him to the Isles already.

Buy out DiPietro's contract. Canucks get Okposo, Strome, and Niederreiter in return.
My eyes are burning

1. Isles have shown they are willing to buyout players: Yashin,Witt and Bates.
Yashin was owed more then DiPi at the time of his buyout. DiPietro's $1.5m per buyout, would be doable.

2.Botta wrote when the Flyers were shopping Carter and the isles were shopping their high lottery pick, that his long term contract was a turnoff for the NYI. They'd been burned on the Yashin/DiPietro longterm deals.
I can't see the isles interest in Luongo's longterm deal.

3.I doubt Luongo waives his NTC to return to LI.

4.Snow has said he's sticking with his youth movement, expect more youngsters to make their way onto the roster. Trading a 24 yr old core player and their top two prospects for a 30 something yr old, is the exact opposite of what Snow wants to do.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
  #75
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Is not Okposo a big power forward with good hands, who can skate and plays tough? Why would you want more soft forwards, like Nino?
You've got it backwards.

6'0-6'1 Okposo works hard along the boards and going to the dirty areas of the ice, but lacks a nasty streak.

6'2 Nino plays a physical, at time chippy game. I've posted before that his play borders on the dirty with the occassional knee on knee hit, slash.

CREW99AW is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.