HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban (2 yrs/$5.75M) Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2013, 11:46 AM
  #226
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,823
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I hope he doesn't get tested if that's case. No way you can gain that much lean muscle in so little time unless you're under roids.
He trains twice a day and eats a full cow himself. It's very possible and PK is a proven fact of this.

I saw an interview with Clance Laylor where he stated that PK is a specimen where he can train twice a day no problem. Something about his make up where he isn't like everyone else and he recovers quickly.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:47 AM
  #227
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,313
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
He trains twice a day and eats a full cow himself. It's very possible and PK is a proven fact of this.

I saw an interview with Clance Laylor where he stated that PK is a specimen where he can train twice a day no problem. Something about his make up where he isn't like everyone else and he recovers quickly.
It's called being black

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:50 AM
  #228
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Kaberle has no shot. It gets blocked before getting to the net.

The opposition will cover PK more regardless, they know he is the guy to watch on the PP. Also, I think Kaberle is likely to be the one sitting out, unless Bouillon is fatigued. But Therrien likes his ruggedness and he certainly doesn't seem shy to use Bouillon, so he'll be staying imo.
Lines at practice also follow this thought, PK was paired with Bouillon, Gorges with Diaz, Markov Emelin.
It was the "it gets blocked before getting to the net" part that misled me.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:51 AM
  #229
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 2,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I hope he doesn't get tested if that's case. No way you can gain that much lean muscle in so little time unless you're under roids.
Not true. Some people are born with elevated testosterone, some are born with decreased testosterone.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
  #230
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
He trains twice a day and eats a full cow himself. It's very possible and PK is a proven fact of this.

I saw an interview with Clance Laylor where he stated that PK is a specimen where he can train twice a day no problem. Something about his make up where he isn't like everyone else and he recovers quickly.
I work with athletes myself, maybe he added 20-30lbs of total weight. That makes a lot more sense. 20lbs of pure lean muscle is very unlikely especially when you're talking about a guy that is already very fit.

Anyways, the odds of PK gaining 20lbs of lean muscle over 2-3 months in the summer are slim to none but it's irrelevant, the kid is in great shape.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
  #231
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,823
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I work with athletes myself, maybe he added 20-30lbs of total weight. That makes a lot more sense. 20lbs of pure lean muscle is very unlikely especially when you're talking about a guy that is already very fit.

Anyways, the odds of PK gaining 20lbs of lean muscle over 2-3 months in the summer are slim to none but it's irrelevant, the kid is in great shape.
He said he gained 20 lbs of muscle, but it's lean so it won't slow him down. In fact he thinks he's faster. IIRC, that's what he said in the interview.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:02 PM
  #232
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I hope he doesn't get tested if that's case. No way you can gain that much lean muscle in so little time unless you're under roids.
I sure hope he gets tested. I am almost certain PK ain't cheating that way; it's just not his style.

And if he is, then let him be stripped of all honors. I don't like cheaters, even on my team.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
  #233
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
No more triple low five.

JohnLuTSNMtl:
#Habs Therrien says he wants his team and players to be humble in response to question about Subban/Price triple low 5 celebration.

https://twitter.com/johnlutsnmtl/sta...06462236438529

PyrettaBlaze* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:13 PM
  #234
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,122
vCash: 500
Hah. Wow. Keep sucking the personality right out of the kid.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:13 PM
  #235
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
That's just stupid.

How dare two players show any emotion after he worked their arses off for a win?

The players could all strip down to their skivvies and do la cucaracha for all I care after a win. The key part is the win. Emotion is good.

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:16 PM
  #236
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,823
vCash: 200
#firetherrien

Absurd move...

Habsawce is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
  #237
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
That's just stupid.

How dare two players show any emotion after he worked their arses off for a win?

The players could all strip down to their skivvies and do la cucaracha for all I care after a win. The key part is the win. Emotion is good.
It's all about 20 players, not two.

I don't think Pricevwill miss it that much.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
  #238
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
It's all about 20 players, not two.

I don't think Pricevwill miss it that much.
So two people giving each other a few slaps is now a slight against the team?

That's a ridiculous notion.

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
  #239
DenverHabsFan
Registered User
 
DenverHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Wow. So what's next? Does he have to limit the number of hip checks because it's disrespectful?

DenverHabsFan is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
  #240
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
So two people giving each other a few slaps is now a slight against the team?

That's a ridiculous notion.
If ANYTHING. And I do mean, ANYTHING. Like, I'm trying really hard to find a good reason why it's a bad thing to keep forever.

It draws the spotlight on these two players at the exclusivity of the others. It gives the impression that they are the two stars congratulating each other.

But that's about it. Overall, I'm pretty sad. But what's done is done.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:27 PM
  #241
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
So two people giving each other a few slaps is now a slight against the team?

That's a ridiculous notion.
Find me two other guys in the whole NHL who are doing something similar after a game.

This is pee wee stuff.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:31 PM
  #242
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Find me two other guys in the whole NHL who are doing something similar after a game.

This is pee wee stuff.
You mean give themselves a few slaps? Almost every player does it.

It showed emotion after the win, which there is nothing wrong with.

The fans loved it, it wasn't denigrating towards the other team. The only argument I have seen is that "This is minor league stuff".

Guess what? NHL players are allowed to show emotion, especially after a hard fought win in the top league in the world. This isn't the 1950's anymore. You see examples of post-game celebrations in almost all sports in the world. But no, hockey has to go the boring route.

It's a dinosaur ideology.

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:36 PM
  #243
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Find me two other guys in the whole NHL who are doing something similar after a game.

This is pee wee stuff.
The blues had something similar iirc

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:36 PM
  #244
impudent_lowlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Japan
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Hah. Wow. Keep sucking the personality right out of the kid.
It's almost like Marc Bergevin feels threatened by Subban's gregarious personality.

Next there will be a directive for monosyllabic answers only to questions from the press.

impudent_lowlife is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
  #245
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,823
vCash: 200


It will never die in my heart!

Habsawce is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
  #246
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Not true. Some people are born with elevated testosterone, some are born with decreased testosterone.
What the heck happens with your testoserone after 55? All I know is that I have boobs now and didn't before.

cphabs is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
  #247
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,823
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
It's almost like Marc Bergevin feels threatened by Subban's gregarious personality.

Next there will be a directive for monosyllabic answers only to questions from the press.
Michel LaCroix from now on has to use a monotone voice and cannot extend syllables in players names. Gets the crowd too wound up.

Also, the scoreboard will be turned off during the game, it has too many bright lights.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
  #248
impudent_lowlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Japan
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
You mean give themselves a few slaps? Almost every player does it.

It showed emotion after the win, which there is nothing wrong with.

The fans loved it, it wasn't denigrating towards the other team. The only argument I have seen is that "This is minor league stuff".

Guess what? NHL players are allowed to show emotion, especially after a hard fought win in the top league in the world. This isn't the 1950's anymore. You see examples of post-game celebrations in almost all sports in the world. But no, hockey has to go the boring route.

It's a dinosaur ideology.
Exactly. It's not like they're doing some NFL-like touchdown celebration dance routine.

impudent_lowlife is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
  #249
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
It's almost like Marc Bergevin feels threatened by Subban's gregarious personality.

Next there will be a directive for monosyllabic answers only to questions from the press.
Let's not blow things out of proportion, shall we?

I would be ready to take a bet that, if PK pans out well and develop to his potential, we will see the Triple low-5 again.

It's just that, RIGHT NOW, it's not a good time to keep it up. The team is researching itself, and is trying to find a new personality. Once it will have found itself, it's possible these kind of events shall happen again.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:56 PM
  #250
peate
Habs fan 4 life.
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,563
vCash: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
What the heck happens with your testoserone after 55? All I know is that I have boobs now and didn't before.
I know the feeling.

peate is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.