HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks - 2/1 at 9 PM (CSN)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 12:10 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Hello. The canucks need to challenge Keith to a fight. Someone more his size. Not Kassian or volpatti. If Keith ******* out then I hope the canucks target Kane, Toews and Keith with their bodies.

Bolig vs volpatti would be ok too or Kassian.
The Blackhawks are about winning, not fighting and losing. Why the **** would Keith put himself in the box with some slug on the Canucks like Raymond? No, we'll take the win, you guys can say the Canucks are tougher. You're right, they are. The Hawks and their fans don't give a damn as long as we have the wins.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:12 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Hello. The canucks need to challenge Keith to a fight. Someone more his size. Not Kassian or volpatti. If Keith ******* out then I hope the canucks target Kane, Toews and Keith with their bodies.

You hope? Maybe can you throw a prayer in there as well?

Old
02-01-2013, 12:14 PM
MurrayBannerman
The Portents

vCash: 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You never want to see a skill core player fight ,, Really that simple

He used it well

Old
02-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:

Why wish injury on players? There has already been a game between them since then. This is all about the nucks board thinking their needs to be some sort or retribution (which was handed down by the NHL). You think the refs are going to let gooning go on without blowing the whistle often. It is just stupid and will give us PPs. So i hope it does transpire and will show how silly the nucks are already throwing a game away for something that happened a year ago.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Why wish injury on players? There has already been a game between them since then. This is all about the nucks board thinking their needs to be some sort or retribution (which was handed down by the NHL). You think the refs are going to let gooning go on without blowing the whistle often. It is just stupid and will give us PPs. So i hope it does transpire and will show how silly the nucks are already throwing a game away for something that happened a year ago.
Agree with this post, although there hasn't been a game between the two teams since the hit.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You never want to see a skill core player fight ,, Really that simple
That isn't true.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxs...811180PHX.html

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxs...001020STL.html

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxs...902180DET.html

That was just looking up Hossa and Toews. I have no issue with it as long as they are picking their spots.

Old
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Listen …. If Daniel wants to fight with Keith, I’m sure there won’t be any hesitation from Duncan. One thing certain, I’ll bet Daniel hasn’t thrown a cheap head shot since and likely never will again … and that’s exactly the message Keith was trying to send him. It was unfortunate that he was concussed but that’s what old time hockey is all about. You run at someone with a cheap head shot, you should expect to pay the price.

Now can we give this nonsense talk a break, and discuss hockey.

Old
StringerBell

The only reason Keith would fight tonight is if he believes there's a "hockey code" that obligates him to. I'm not sure what Keith's views on the subject are, but some players subscribe to the belief that if he take a run at a guy with a dirty play you have to back it up with fisticuffs. There's obviously no on-ice advantage for him to fight.

Old
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

I thought there was one game where Keith was suspended.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

It is stupid throwing a game to "retribution". That said, if there was one to throw away, I hope the Canucks get everything out of the way in this one. No more carry over past this game. Get it all out now.

The reason some fans want this done this game, as opposed to the game they had after the incident, is because no one actually got a good hold on Keith. He was able to avert a real beating. For some, that's what it will take. Personally, I don't think it ever happens, but that's what some fans want.

I hope Keith just steps up and fights someone equally as crappy at fighting, like Burrows, gets it out of the way and everyone can move on. The fact is, that incident already cost the Canucks greatly in the playoffs and they aren't going to get that time back. So they need to just put it to bed and move on.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Agree with this post, although there hasn't been a game between the two teams since the hit.
To be clear I didn't wish Injury on Keith. Just hope he mans up.

Anyway this should be another beauty game between our two teams. Hope it's a great entertaining night, and not the usual blowout by th hawks early in the season that turns our season around.

Also.. Believe me I do not want injury. I was at the bertuzzi/Moore game and I never want to see that again. Seeing that live waa surreal.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
The only reason Keith would fight tonight is if he believes there's a "hockey code" that obligates him to. I'm not sure what Keith's views on the subject are, but some players subscribe to the belief that if he take a run at a guy with a dirty play you have to back it up with fisticuffs. There's obviously no on-ice advantage for him to fight.
Right.... mix it up with Daniel if he has an issue. neither were tough guys taking out a star. To think it has to be a goon vs. Keith or Daniel is ridiculous and a pipe dream from Vancouver fans.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
It is stupid throwing a game to "retribution". That said, if there was one to throw away, I hope the Canucks get everything out of the way in this one. No more carry over past this game. Get it all out now.

The reason some fans want this done this game, as opposed to the game they had after the incident, is because no one actually got a good hold on Keith. He was able to avert a real beating. For some, that's what it will take. Personally, I don't think it ever happens, but that's what some fans want.

I hope Keith just steps up and fights someone equally as crappy at fighting, like Burrows, gets it out of the way and everyone can move on. The fact is, that incident already cost the Canucks greatly in the playoffs and they aren't going to get that time back. So they need to just put it to bed and move on.
Oh that didn't go well before...

Old
02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:

I didn't realize he played on all 4 lines. Because they all looked poor against LA....which is what happened when you run into a hot Quick.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:28 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
To be clear I didn't wish Injury on Keith. Just hope he mans up.

Anyway this should be another beauty game between our two teams. Hope it's a great entertaining night, and not the usual blowout by th hawks early in the season that turns our season around.
I hope Keith ******* out and let's the Canucks distract themselves while making plays to help the Hawks win the game.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:29 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Keith has no problem standing up for himself. He willingly got ragdolled by some CBus monster forever ago. Was it Artyukhin?

Old
02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I hope Keith ******* out and let's the Canucks distract themselves while making plays to help the Hawks win the game.
I am expecting that. And I am also expecting the Canuck players to be smarter as the conference is not as cupcake as previous years. They will need every point against the Mild and Ed.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Oh that didn't go well before...

What are you talking about that was hilarious?

Quote:
I didn't realize he played on all 4 lines. Because they all looked poor against LA....which is what happened when you run into a hot Quick.

For the games that he was in, the Canucks were right there with LA, step for step. For the games that he was out, yes, the lines looked poor. With a player like that, everything shakes down one spot and you're better able to match-up, which was the case... only it came too late.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Keith has no problem standing up for himself. He willingly got ragdolled by some CBus monster forever ago. Was it Artyukhin?

As I recall, Keith didn't fight anyone when the two teams met again, now with Kassian on the roster. Could be remembering that wrong though.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Hawkaholic

Who cares about Kassian, stop talking about him. He's a nobody that will always be a nobody. He is not a Lucic, a Clowe, or any of those top 6 players.

Canuck fans, don't bother responding with your crap, because you won't change my opinion. The guy is a scrub, who is palying with high skilled line mates that make a lot of room for him. Put Bollig with the Sedins and I bet he has 2 or 3 goals by now too.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
As I recall, Keith didn't fight anyone when the two teams met again, now with Kassian on the roster. Could be remembering that wrong though.
Tonight's the first time they play each other since the hit.

Old
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:

If Sedin wants retribution so bad then let him fight Keith himself rather than sending one of teammates to do it.

Old
StringerBell

Quote:
Right.... mix it up with Daniel if he has an issue. neither were tough guys taking out a star. To think it has to be a goon vs. Keith or Daniel is ridiculous and a pipe dream from Vancouver fans.
I don't understand why it should have to be Daniel. Was Gretzky supposed to fight every guy that took a run at him? Should Hossa be expected to fight Torres next time you play Phoenix if you want to send a message? I don't expect Keith to fight someone out of his weight class like Kassian, but I don't see why it needs to be the guy he hit either.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Hawkaholic

Also, I hope Keith says he'll go with one of their players, the other player drops his gloves and Keith skates away. I also hope Keith just skates away at all the scrums and what not where Burrows will try pulling his hair or biting his fingers.

If a player does get a hold of him, I hope Keith drops like a turtle just to piss off all the Canucks and their fans.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
I thought there was one game where Keith was suspended.
I actually did too, but I checked the schedule after seeing your post and there wasn't one.

I think we were both just remembering the rest of that game. Keith didn't get kicked out, so he played the rest of it after his penalty was over. Nothing of significance happened.

Closed Thread