HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Caps @ Leafs | Leafs win 3-2!

Old
02-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Pgt.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:54 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

mike costco is what he is

you get alot for a cheaper price
but beware of the quality

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn3rgetic View Post
1.) Kostka's gotta get off the PP. He got an assist but otherwise he had an awful time on the other 6 trillion PPs tonight.

2.) Frat pack is using speed and skill to pressure the Capital defense. I was on the camp wanting to trade Kadri (not because of his play, but because I thought the Leafs ruined his confidence/development) but I'm really rooting for him every night now. I've always loved Frattin's game because he is a warrior. He really doesn't give a flying ***** who's in front of him. If he had more size he'd be a bonafide power forward. I think if you overcome adversity you tend to not take for granted anymore. I'm loving his energy and game. He's not without his flaws, he let Ribeiro out muscle him, granted Ribiero is a pretty good player.

That's it for my two cents. Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?
I'm thinkin there is a delay in your post(today). No kiddin. Kostka with Fraser would be worth looking at. Gards called up,and put with Dion seems like something considering.

Kostka has been wearing mentally i think he needs to de-pressurize lol.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Brymas McCaberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post

Brymas McCaberle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Syn3rgetic
Boats the Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
I'm thinkin there is a delay in your post(today). No kiddin. Kostka with Fraser would be worth looking at. Gards called up,and put with Dion seems like something considering.

Kostka has been wearing mentally i think he needs to de-pressurize lol.
Mentally and physically. He's playing loose. I think the 30+ minutes is getting to his head. He REALLY thinks he's a #2D. Nothing against him, for what he's paid, he doing great, but I think the experiment is over and it's time to return to Earth.

Syn3rgetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:59 AM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

Dion has to start hitting the net again - he's got a rocket, but what's use is it if you're constantly hitting the glass?

I agree Kostka has to be dropped down or off the PP - he has some patience with the puck, but you can see a lack of creativity out there.

The PP needs an overhaul - too many wasted 5-on-3 opportunities.

I'd like to see Liles up on the top unit. Gards on the second unit with Franson or Gunner.

leafs1habs0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:00 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs1habs0 View Post
Why didn't anyone engage Erskine after he flattened Kessel? Okay I know Ersk is a beast, and no one on the ice at the time probably wanted any part of him, but Orr could have obliged sometime later in the game.

I hear he has the flu, but we needed someone to step up - they just can't take runs at our elite players.

Yeah, we won, but it would have been nice to see someone answer the bell even if they got creamed.
Grabo ran him into the boards, granted it was mostly due to Erskine losing an edge.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Thanks for this, ACC. For the pictures, unless you have some ancient phone, just connect the phone to your computer, open up imgur.com, upload the files and post the links.

This is where I normally sit.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:49 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post

I never get the appeal for those seats. Closest I've been was 1st row plats beside the penalty box. It was way back when the world cup of hockey was being hosted ... I think it was Slovakia vs. Russia.

Its cool to see guys like Chara and Ovie up close, to be able to hear whats going on the ice a little better, and to have the glass move right in front of you when theres a big hit.

But that whole thing wears off after 15 mins imo... eventually you just wish you were 10-12 rows up so you can see the whole ice.

Best seats in the house imo are last row lower bowl right a centre ice.

topched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:53 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
I never get the appeal for those seats. Closest I've been was 1st row plats beside the penalty box. It was way back when the world cup of hockey was being hosted ... I think it was Slovakia vs. Russia.

Its cool to see guys like Chara and Ovie up close, to be able to hear whats going on the ice a little better, and to have the glass move right in front of you when theres a big hit.

But that whole thing wears off after 15 mins imo... eventually you just wish you were 10-12 rows up so you can see the whole ice.

Best seats in the house imo are last row lower bowl right a centre ice.
Our feeling as well.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:57 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
mike costco is what he is

I have a Costco jersey, it goes over well with chicks into 90s grunge

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:17 PM
noway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Orr went after him multiple times, and especially his first shift on, but Erksine wouldn't go him.

Specifically, on his first shift, the puck deflected into the screen and Orr had a nice hold on Erksines jersey trying to get him to answer, but Erskine wouldn't do it.
Orr has to learn he isn't politely asking for a partner at a dance. He should be the pain-giver and pay-backer. If not, he should get out of the business. He is not intimidating anyone if they can just say no.

noway is offline   Reply With Quote