HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Schenn and Couturier vs. Henrique and Larsson

View Poll Results: Schenn, Couts vs Henrique, Larsson
Flyers duo 28 26.67%
Devils duo 77 73.33%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
lboogie42*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
Larsson going to be an elite defenseman in the NHL for many, many years. I am saying I rather have Larsson than both Schenn and Couturier on my team. Even if Couturier looks like the making of a great defensive first C.
guys from chicago. really makes me question if he actually has seen the devs and flyers or if hes just going by stats...

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
Really? Because Larssons draft status is the only reason Devils fans are calling Larsson an " Elite defenseman for years and years"
noooo wayyyy. i rlly dont think u watch any of these players if your going to say something as silly as that. devils fans love larsson because he is a great dman at the age of 20. hes been very good for nj and thats why they call him an elite defensmen for years and years. that whole draft thing was just garbage dude

Old
02-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Count Von Grabo*

I heard on TSN that Larsson has been benched most of the season.

Haven't watched much of the Devils this year.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:18 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
what exactly are you watching in Larsson to make these claims? The kid has really good potential but I don't see how you can confidently say he will be an Elite defenseman, he hasn't shown a single Glimpse of that yet at the NHL level. Couturier has undoubtedly proved himself more at the NHL level already.
what are u saying??? larsson has shown nothing but talent since coming to the nhl. hes shown so many signs of being a #1 dman. Even ranger fans can admit that.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:20 PM
tycobb

Quote:
what exactly are you watching in Larsson to make these claims? The kid has really good potential but I don't see how you can confidently say he will be an Elite defenseman, he hasn't shown a single Glimpse of that yet at the NHL level. Couturier has undoubtedly proved himself more at the NHL level already.
He was our best defender in the 1st half of the season at age 19 and moving to US. He is bigger than Lidstrom (6'3'' 200 lbs) and has a very similar skill set. The kid is going to be a beast defensively after he fills out around 225 lbs.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
tycobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Gardiner View Post

Devils have a bunch of D man and look to trade 1 of them. Larsson played in the AHL during the lockout and already 30+ games played.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i think at this point schenn is the only player discussed in this thread that hasn't been overrated. bravo everyone.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Gardiner View Post

This is a fact, as well as last season and in the playoffs. Larsson isn't even close to a #1, he has #1 potential but I'll bet he ends up more likely a #2, which is still great.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
guys from chicago. really makes me question if he actually has seen the devs and flyers or if hes just going by stats...
Do you just type or do you read? I just got done telling you how much I watched the Atlantic division

Old
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Really? Because Larssons draft status is the only reason Devils fans are calling Larsson an " Elite defenseman for years and years"
Larsson's year last season is impressive for a multitude of reasons:

A) He was able to crack a top 10 defense as an 18 year old getting his first taste of NA hockey
B) Led NJ's defense in ES toi
C) Led NJ's defense in points
D) Made the All-star skills competition
E) 4th in rookie TOI/game (guys ahead of him were at least 2 years older)
F) Played well in the playoffs against Philly- even scored a big goal
G) 19 pts in 33 AHL games playing on an Albany team that couldnt score
H) I know this is subjective, but he just passes the "eye test". He's poised, smart positionally and has a good frame to work with. If the eye-test doesnt work for you, then reasons A-G should.

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i think at this point schenn is the only player discussed in this thread that hasn't been overrated. bravo everyone.
Lol my thoughts exactly. I think HF got all their Schenn overrating out of their system already

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Larsson's year last season is impressive for a multitude of reasons:

A) He was able to crack a top 10 defense as an 18 year old getting his first taste of NA hockey
B) Led NJ's defense in ES toi
C) Led NJ's defense in points
D) Made the All-star skills competition
E) 4th in rookie TOI/game (guys ahead of him were at least 2 years older)
F) Played well in the playoffs against Philly- even scored a big goal
G) 19 pts in 33 AHL games playing on an Albany team that couldnt score
H) I know this is subjective, but he just passes the "eye test". He's poised, smart positionally and has a good frame to work with. If the eye-test doesnt work for you, then reasons A-G should.
All great signs that Larsson is a great prospect and will be a very good defenseman in the NHL... Zero signs that he will be an Elite defenseman in the NHL.. Again not saying he won't.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:00 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Do you just type or do you read? I just got done telling you how much I watched the Atlantic division
well then u should not be saying what u are saying. if u watch the devils youd know that larsson has shown nothing but talent, and is going to be a #1 dman in a few years. ther is almost no doubt about it.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
All great signs that Larsson is a great prospect and will be a very good defenseman in the NHL... Zero signs that he will be an Elite defenseman in the NHL.. Again not saying he won't.
But based on everything you have shown us about couturier he looks to be a solid 2nd line forward in the future...so i dont see how he has more upside than Larsson.

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
But based on everything you have shown us about couturier he looks to be a solid 2nd line forward in the future...so i dont see how he has more upside than Larsson.
So you're making an objective statement that Adam Larsson has been more impressive than Sean Couturier at the NHL level?? SC has never been a healthy scratch.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
well then u should not be saying what u are saying. if u watch the devils youd know that larsson has shown nothing but talent, and is going to be a #1 dman in a few years. ther is almost no doubt about it.
You're being an optimistic fan.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:14 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
u claim to watch the atlantic division. if u did u would actually know what your talking about. larsson has shown his greatness. he will be an elite dman and when he is, we will have this conversation again.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:15 PM
tycobb

Quote:
What are the signs that you look for in an Elite Defenseman besides already being an elite defenseman?

Old
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
What are the signs that you look for in an Elite Defenseman besides already being an elite defenseman?
Not being a healthy scratch last season, playoffs and this season for starters.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Look at the list of guys who are 18-19 and play the year after they were drafted. Pretty short list and the guys on there are very good. Larssons numbers actually look very similar to Doughty's rookie year.

You can't prove that he won't be an elite player either and I'm not sure what else you want him to do at such a young age

Old
02-01-2013, 04:34 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
So you're making an objective statement that Adam Larsson has been more impressive than Sean Couturier at the NHL level?? SC has never been a healthy scratch.
There are 12 forward slots and 6 defense

Old
02-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

LOL at Sasso. Like clockwork when Henrique and Couturier are mentioned. Hilarious.

I'll just copy and paste half of what I said the last time he whined about Henrique and then refused to respond.

Quote:
You're correct there... But Henriques upside is nowhere near Couturiers lol... Henrique was awful in the AHL this year without Kovy and Parise, and he was much older in his rookie year than Couturier was, while couturier was playing 3rd and 4th line shutdown minutes, Henrique was being Carried by two superstars who he had scored significantly less points than.
He was "AWFUL" in the AHL for 16 games. With 5 goals.

Older than Couturier in a similar way to Matt Read, right boss?

Gets me every time.

Quote:
Then explain why he scored 18 less points than Parise and 32 less points than Kovalchuk? Glue??
Why did Henrique have less points than Parise and Kovalchuk? Really? You need this explained to you (again)? Because they are two scoring stars and Henrique was a rookie who barely played on the power play. He was a perfect complement to the two of them. He earned his way there and never left because there was never a reason to. Scored his way right to the Cup Final while Couturier got some quality time with his xbox.

Quote:
LOL @ Henrique becoming a 65-70 PT player. Henrique Was a 22 year old Rookie, that's about as impressive as what Matt Read did his rookie year with far less ice time and linemates ( still outscored him) Henrique is more comparable to Read than he is to Couturier. Larsson the best moving Forward? Based on what?? He's the least accomplished player of the 4, and based on potential I put him 2nd behind couturier.

I especially love harping on Henrique's age and then bringing up Matt Read immediately after (again). Makes me laugh every time you do it.

Henrique has undoubted 65 point upside at center ice with excellent defensive and penalty kill abilities. It's a toss up between him and Couturier, but the blind infatuation is just hilarious. You can't even coherently bash Henrique. Bravo.

And again, lol at "least accomplished of the 4". Brayden Schenn by a country freaking mile.

Oh, and Larsson has the highest potential of all four.

Last edited by Jersey Fresh: 02-01-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Jersey Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:40 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
You're being an optimistic fan.
obviously not. every other fan here would agree that larsson is going to be a #1 dman in the future. read the comments dude. you keep arguing that hes not as good because of how hes been scratched. he was a rookie last year going thru a rough stretch. rookies are known to make mistakes. especially at 18/19. i dont see your point at all. its just silly to me, and to many other people here.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:42 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Fresh View Post
LOL at Sasso. Like clockwork when Henrique and Couturier are mentioned. Hilarious.

I'll just copy and paste half of what I said the last time he whined about Henrique and then refused to respond.

He was "AWFUL" in the AHL for 16 games. With 5 goals.

Older than Couturier in a similar way to Matt Read, right boss?

Gets me every time.

Why did Henrique have less points than Parise and Kovalchuk? Really? You need this explained to you (again)? Because they are two scoring stars and Henrique was a rookie who barely played on the power play. He was a perfect complement to the two of them. He earned his way there and never left because there was never a reason to. Scored his way right to the Cup Final while Couturier got some quality time with his xbox.

I especially love harping on Henrique's age and then bringing up Matt Read immediately after (again). Makes me laugh every time you do it.

Henrique has undoubted 65 point upside at center ice with excellent defensive and penalty kill abilities. It's a toss up between him and Couturier, but the blind infatuation is just hilarious. You can't even coherently bash Henrique. Bravo.

And again, lol at "least accomplished of the 4". Brayden Schenn by a country freaking mile.

Oh, and Larsson has the highest potential of all four.
i dont think anything u just said couldve been put more perfectly. they all help show just how foolish his arguements really are.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:17 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
Henrique will score at a much slower pace this year and next without Parise, he's not going to improve his numbers for a long time. Center vs Winger has nothing to do with it because Read is better offensively and defensively at this point.... Really? OHL? Why not look at the AHL this year??

Short sample size but Read has 3 goals and 1 assist in 7 games in the NHL this year, Henrique had 8 points in 16 Games.... He scored at a .50 PPG in the AHL, the same AHL that Schenn and Couturier just posted at a PPG in.
You are aware that in Henrique's first season in the AHL he scored 50 points in 73 games as a 20 year old rookie, right?

The Albany Devils are terrible this year (11th in the conference), a microscopic sample size means nothing when put in context of his injury and previous accomplishments at all levels.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote