HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks - 2/1 at 9 PM (CSN)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 01:42 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Who cares about Kassian, stop talking about him. He's a nobody that will always be a nobody. He is not a Lucic, a Clowe, or any of those top 6 players.
Woah woah, let's not go that far. I just picked this guy up in fantasy. He has my permission to start being a somebody starting next week.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I don't understand why it should have to be Daniel. Was Gretzky supposed to fight every guy that took a run at him? Should Hossa be expected to fight Torres next time you play Phoenix if you want to send a message? I don't expect Keith to fight someone out of his weight class like Kassian, but I don't see why it needs to be the guy he hit either.

Same wave length, was going to respond with the Gretzky counter-argument.

@Hawkaholic: Respectfully disagree about Kassian. But there's a long way to go to see what he really is, either way.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:44 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I will make the next one.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:53 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I don't think that Gretzky is a particularly relevant comparison to Sedin. And given Daniel was happy throwing an elbow a few minutes before the hit, let him fight himself.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I don't think that Gretzky is a particularly relevant comparison to Sedin. And given Daniel was happy throwing an elbow a few minutes before the hit, let him fight himself.

Sure he is. Some players just don't fight. Kane/Hossa fit into this too no?

But more to the point, Keith doesn't have to fight either, but at that point, he's going to be a marked man all over the ice and in near every game they play. It's actually better for Keith to just answer at this point and move the target off his back. Similar to what Cooke did when he got back. But he doesn't have to, and probably won't. The same way Daniel doesn't have to go after him. This is more about how the teammates of each player responds. Could be nothing... could be something.

Keith's play put Daniel out. Daniel's play didn't put Keith out. Further, Keith's play was also the one suspended. The degrees are different, I think that's clear to see by everyone.

Last edited by Bleach Clean: 02-01-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 02:06 PM
rattytattat

Canuck fan here...

Whatever ends up happening is between the players, we are just fans right?. Both sides are going to do the best they can to win the game...all this other stuff , is well, other stuff....good luck and hope for injury free hockey...

Old
02-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Pailhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I'll believe it when I see it.
I believe it. It just won't look like a normal Blackhawks game day thread. It will look as if it's the opponent's GDT with shots at Leddy, Saad, and whoever else he doesn't like on Chicago.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattytattat View Post
Canuck fan here...

Whatever ends up happening is between the players, we are just fans right?. Both sides are going to do the best they can to win the game...all this other stuff , is well, other stuff....good luck and hope for injury free hockey...
Wish level heads like this would prevail. There's so much venom on this board right now

Both sides have made cheap plays, some worse than others.... I don't really think its important to keep score. Leave the past in the past and just play the game.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
PELUSO44

So Sedin throws a dirty hit and he doesn't have to fight but Keith throws a dirty hit and he does have to fight? I don't get it.

Either have Keith fight Kassian AND Sedin fight Bollig or have Keith fight Sedin.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Who cares about Kassian, stop talking about him. He's a nobody that will always be a nobody. He is not a Lucic, a Clowe, or any of those top 6 players.

Canuck fans, don't bother responding with your crap, because you won't change my opinion. The guy is a scrub, who is palying with high skilled line mates that make a lot of room for him. Put Bollig with the Sedins and I bet he has 2 or 3 goals by now too.
hahahaha, I love this post.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:23 PM
DL44

vCash: 139
I'm going to the game!
Wifey surprised me with tickets.

Not expecting too many fights... I'm expecting Vancouver to come out and take the body all night long. ONLY if the score jumps to a 3 goal lead one way or the other we even potentially see hell break loose.

It will be intense. Hard hitting. Physical. A lot of annoying scrums of yapping and shoving.

Key is... can both teams keep emotions in check and remain disciple?

Also looking forward to Bolland vs Sedin-Sedin-Kassian. Wondering if or how that dynamic changes.

Looking forward to seeing whether the Canuck D will remember to remove their heads from their arses prior to game time and finally put 2 solid games in a row in.

Chicago is the higher skilled team upfront. Higher top end talent on the D. Canucks with better goaltending. And the more physical team. Chicago with better Special teams as well. Canucks deeper in the D, but not the forwards at the moment with Kesler and Booth out.

This will be a dandy.

MOD

Last edited by Fugu: 02-01-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: not on the home board GDT
Old
02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pailhead View Post
I believe it. It just won't look like a normal Blackhawks game day thread. It will look as if it's the opponent's GDT with shots at Leddy, Saad, and whoever else he doesn't like on Chicago.
Bingo!

Old
02-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Cullksinikers

Somehow just found that. Masterful picture.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Wait, who can handle Kassian who Kassian is gonna drop them with?

You really think Kassian is gonna drop the gloves with Bollig? Because there isnt another person on the Hawks who can handle him. And Bieksa is a spot picker and will skate away from Bollig, also.

Anybody else and the Hawks are giving up talent.
Kassian fought Ben Eager

Old
02-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Kassian fought Ben Eager
Um, ok?

Outside of Bollig there isnt anybody on the Hawks who coulde handle Eager.

Your point?

Old
02-01-2013, 02:52 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post

Somehow just found that. Masterful picture.
bravo

Old
02-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Um, ok?

Your point?
You said Kassian won't fight Bollig. Why not? If he'll fight a guy like Eager he certainly would fight a guy like Bollig. Plus Kassian is not some destroyer. I think Seabrook could hold his own with him, Mayers as well. If Carcillo was healthy he could do fine as well. Kassian is a big kid but he got ragdolled by Clowe and despite cutting Eager, got driven into the ice by Eager. Hell, Brad freaking Staubitz knocked his ass silly last year.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:57 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Um, ok?

Your point?
Eager is just like Bieksa. Brookbank or Mayers could hold their own just fine.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
You said Kassian won't fight Bollig. Why not? If he'll fight a guy like Eager he certainly would fight a guy like Bollig. Plus Kassian is not some destroyer. I think Seabrook could hold his own with him, Mayers as well. If Carcillo was healthy he could do fine as well. Kassian is a big kid but he got ragdolled by Clowe and despite cutting Eager, got driven into the ice by Eager. Hell, Brad freaking Staubitz knocked his ass silly last year.
If memory serves me, it was Kassian who went looking for a fight with Eager. I dont see Kassian looking for a fight with a supreme knuckle dragger like Bollig who is a fourth liner happy to have a job in the NHL guy when Kassian is playing with the Sedins.

And el oh el at Seabrook fighting Kassian. Thats a win right there for the Nucks considering they take arguably the best defenseman off the ice for five minutes.

Just wow.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
If memory serves me, it was Kassian who went looking for a fight with Eager. I dont see Kassian looking for a fight with a supreme knuckle dragger like Bollig who is a fourth liner happy to have a job in the NHL guy when Kassian is playing with the Sedins.

And el oh el at Seabrook fighting Kassian. Thats a win right there for the Nucks considering they take arguably the best defenseman off the ice for five minutes.

Just wow.
You are one of the worst arguers I've ever come across. Yes, Kassian did go look for Eager, a 4th liner. So its completely reasonable to think he'd also fight Bollig, a 4th liner.

Agree it would be good for the Canucks if Seabrook is off the ice, but that isn't what we are talking about is it? We're talking about who could hold their own in a fight against Kassian.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:13 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
Kane on Keith elbow: "Is that still an issue? That was a long time ago." #Blackhawks #Canucks

Old
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
rattytattat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
These games each year bring out the vultures. They come in here "peacefully", talk a little hockey, give some facts and perspective, and after someone takes a shot at Vancouver, they start going on about the Hawks on our board. None of them come here with peaceful intentions. It's a joke. Wait until the actual game starts.
I do ...I also know you or us don't coach the teams so no matter what we say its....that other stuff I mentioned earlier. Neither fan base has any influence on the outcome..zero..notta..squat...so we should enjoy our differences....oh and pre canucks I was a hawk fan...and I mean 1970...I am old...lol

Old
02-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I don't understand why it should have to be Daniel. Was Gretzky supposed to fight every guy that took a run at him? Should Hossa be expected to fight Torres next time you play Phoenix if you want to send a message? I don't expect Keith to fight someone out of his weight class like Kassian, but I don't see why it needs to be the guy he hit either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post

@Hawkaholic: Respectfully disagree about Kassian. But there's a long way to go to see what he really is, either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PELUSO44 View Post
So Sedin throws a dirty hit and he doesn't have to fight but Keith throws a dirty hit and he does have to fight? I don't get it.

Either have Keith fight Kassian AND Sedin fight Bollig or have Keith fight Sedin.

I'm a Detroit fan, but actually like both Chicago and Vancouver (plus Sharks). Keith isn't a goon or scrub who is sent out to agitate or injure. That was star on star violence. Keith took a number and went after the guy who elbowed him. Sedin either accepts that's what happens when you throw cheapshots and moves on, or he can challenge Keith. It's utter BS to expect that Keith now has to fight someone else. The Code isn't about seeking retribution when your star player decides he's going to do something cheap and get called on it. It's to protect your stars from the cheapshots themselves.

Personally, I think all that needed to happen has happened.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I'm a Detroit fan, but actually like both Chicago and Vancouver (plus Sharks). Keith isn't a goon or scrub who is sent out to agitate or injure. That was star on star violence. Keith took a number and went after the guy who elbowed him. Sedin either accepts that's what happens when you throw cheapshots and moves on, or he can challenge Keith. It's utter BS to expect that Keith now has to fight someone else. The Code isn't about seeking retribution when your star player decides he's going to do something cheap and get called on it. It's to protect your stars from the cheapshots themselves.

Personally, I think all that needed to happen has happened.
100% agree on this. The retribution expectations by the Vancouver fans is of their own making and not in the best interest of the team. finish second in your division? Have fun facing a tougher opponent in the playoffs (possibly) if you are so willing to give up points in a shortened season.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
You are one of the worst arguers I've ever come across. Yes, Kassian did go look for Eager, a 4th liner. So its completely reasonable to think he'd also fight Bollig, a 4th liner.
Well, Eager isnt one of the toughest guys out there and not even in Bolligs league. That is the difference right there. Fighting a push over like Eager is no way the same as fighting a middleweight like Bollig. Ask anybody who would you rather fight and Eager is picked each and every time. Eager can also play a bit while Bollig is only taking a shift because he can fight.

I mean, obvious is just that.
Quote:
Agree it would be good for the Canucks if Seabrook is off the ice, but that isn't what we are talking about is it? We're talking about who could hold their own in a fight against Kassian.
Oh. Its about opinion now as to whom could hold their own against Kassian?

I think Nick Leddy and Marcus Kruger could hold their own.

Closed Thread