HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alternate Captain History

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 04:22 PM
  #1
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Alternate Captain History

Hey everyone, I am looking for some help.
I am having issues in finding the kings Alternate Captain History. H can find their Captain history but not the A's.
Basically I am wanting to put pallfy on one of my older jerseys and I am uncertain if he held the A during the time the team used the Jersey. The Jersey is from 99-2002.
Thank you in advance

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
  #2
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 500
did you check Getty images to see if they have any pictures to verify?

not sure of any sites, or data that track the A captains

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:01 PM
  #3
EmperorPenguin
Registered User
 
EmperorPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img/it...YjKomHi5zs.jpg

These were worn from 1999-2002. If you have that jersey, the black version or the purple with the crown on it then it should be accurate. Hope that helps.

EmperorPenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 05:03 PM
  #4
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorPenguin View Post
http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img/it...YjKomHi5zs.jpg

These were worn from 1999-2002. If you have that jersey, the black version or the purple with the crown on it then it should be accurate. Hope that helps.
Thank you!!
It's the purple third.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:09 PM
  #5
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,618
vCash: 319
I don't think Palffy ever worse a letter during those years. Blake Was the captain until late in the '01 season with Luc, Norstrom, and Lapperiere as the As

Palffy wore letters late in the Andy Murray era

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
  #6
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I don't think Palffy ever worse a letter during those years. Blake Was the captain until late in the '01 season with Luc, Norstrom, and Lapperiere as the As

Palffy wore letters late in the Andy Murray era
I was under the impression he didn't either but that picture seems to prove otherwise.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:25 PM
  #7
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I was under the impression he didn't either but that picture seems to prove otherwise.
Okay so he "might" have worn it for one game as an injury replacement. Do you really want a jersey with an A on it if he rarely if ever wore it?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:09 PM
  #8
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Okay so he "might" have worn it for one game as an injury replacement. Do you really want a jersey with an A on it if he rarely if ever wore it?
Also aren't a lot of trading card pictures taken in the preseason? If so Palffy likely would have worn letters in preseason games when the regular alternates weren't playing.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:41 AM
  #9
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Also aren't a lot of trading card pictures taken in the preseason? If so Palffy likely would have worn letters in preseason games when the regular alternates weren't playing.
Good point.

I seem to recall a game or two when Robitaille was the Captain, but you know it would be stupid to get a C on a Robitaille jersey.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:32 AM
  #10
JureEe
Go Kings Go!
 
JureEe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sLOVEnija
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12627

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:59 AM
  #11
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 500
can't believe he's still playing. i swear some of those Euro leagues are the equivalent of the old man-rec-beer leagues here, except they get paid and have fans.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:34 AM
  #12
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
can't believe he's still playing. i swear some of those Euro leagues are the equivalent of the old man-rec-beer leagues here, except they get paid and have fans.
I think he is sitll putting up good numbers too. When he left the pens he was averaging more than a point a game.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:11 PM
  #13
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
He absolutely wore the "A" for the first half of the 03-04 season before he busted up his shoulder...again. Matty got injured earlier in the season, and everyone bumped up the hiarchy chain including Ziggy. He also wore it a hand full of times in the 02-03 season.

C'mon peeps! That was in the middle of that gawdawful 3 seasons of 500+, 600+, and 800+ man games lost to injury from 02-03 thru 05-06. I think eyeryone and their grandpa wore the A at some point. So I can honestly say he absolutely wore the A on many occations in his last few seasons as a King.

Wear your Palffy Alternate Capt Jersey with pride!

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
  #14
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
He absolutely wore the "A" for the first half of the 03-04 season before he busted up his shoulder...again. Matty got injured earlier in the season, and everyone bumped up the hiarchy chain including Ziggy. He also wore it a hand full of times in the 02-03 season.

C'mon peeps! That was in the middle of that gawdawful 3 seasons of 500+, 600+, and 800+ man games lost to injury from 02-03 thru 05-06. I think eyeryone and their grandpa wore the A at some point. So I can honestly say he absolutely wore the A on many occations in his last few seasons as a King.

Wear your Palffy Alternate Capt Jersey with pride!
First I wear every kings jersey with pride haha.
Second this jersey was only used till the end of the 01-02 season...prior to the dates you have listed.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
  #15
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
First I wear every kings jersey with pride haha.
Second this jersey was only used till the end of the 01-02 season...prior to the dates you have listed.
Ahh! I see. My bad.

Nope, I dont belive he wore an "A" prior to 02-03. As I now actually READ what you wrote.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:36 PM
  #16
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Good point.

I seem to recall a game or two when Robitaille was the Captain, but you know it would be stupid to get a C on a Robitaille jersey.
What? No love for half of the 92-93 season while Lil Wayne was kick'n back in his Orthopedic recliner?

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:45 PM
  #17
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
First I wear every kings jersey with pride haha.
Second this jersey was only used till the end of the 01-02 season...prior to the dates you have listed.
What you should do is dump the "A" patch idea and go "AM" and "All-Star" patches on a Palffy.


I have the same jersey as you in a Deadmarsh 28 with those patches. Its pretty tight looking.



Just a thought.


Last edited by nocturn: 02-01-2013 at 03:15 PM.
nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
  #18
EmperorPenguin
Registered User
 
EmperorPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
What? No love for half of the 92-93 season while Lil Wayne was kick'n back in his Orthopedic recliner?

I've got a Kurri jersey from that year with the "A" he wore while Gretz was out. Favorite jersey I own!

EmperorPenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
  #19
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorPenguin View Post
I've got a Kurri jersey from that year with the "A" he wore while Gretz was out. Favorite jersey I own!
Nice. I have a home Granato, away Coffey w/A, and a beat to hell Donnelly from way back yonder. Only one I still wear once in a great while is the Tony G. Still one of my all time favs behind Butch and Marcel.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:47 PM
  #20
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
What you should do is dump the "A" patch idea and go "AM" and "All-Star" patches on a Palffy.


I have the same jersey as you in a Deadmarsh 28 with those patches. Its pretty tight looking.



Just a thought.
I also have the white jersey that you have in those pictures with no name or number on it.
This year I am not buying any jerseys or anything due to the lockout. However instead I am going to tkae that money and spend on some of my older jerseys to get them nameed and numbered.
I am goign to live in my bubble that Jersey City or Pro Hockey Life gets those revenues and not the NHL.
I wonder if those stores would even have those patches.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.