HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - 1/31/13 - Part III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2013, 12:17 PM
  #76
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,861
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
@NHLBruins: Coach said Paille won't be making the trip...deemed "upper- body injury" until team can get all the details^CS
Bottom six forwards..

Kelly, Pervs, Bourque, Campbell, Tardiff, MacDermid.

Wowzers.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:18 PM
  #77
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,767
vCash: 500
With all due respect MMB, you're assuming way too much

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:19 PM
  #78
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star
 
ToddRundgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Speaking of Bergeron, Lucic takes a pile of **** from people here about not scoring to make it 4-1, but Bergeron does the same thing at 5-4, to tie it.
I thought he took crap in the GDT, no? I know you like to point out that Bergeron is not held to the same standards as everyone else (golden boy and stuff) but I don't think it fits in this case.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:21 PM
  #79
BklyNBruiN
Registered User
 
BklyNBruiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BKLYN N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,934
vCash: 500
No doubt that was a straight elbow to the face, and he acted like he got hit by a mack truck.. But whatever cause we got our ***** whipped in every facet of the game. What keeps coming back too me is how one sided that fight was. I guess cause Its something we don't see very often. Seeing Shawn go down like that,, it just left a real bad taste in my mouth. Oh well its one game and we play these guys 4 more times.

I hope this kid Lane is up for the task cause Buffalo is not the only team in our conference that got bigger and tougher.

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:24 PM
  #80
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Speaking of Bergeron, Lucic takes a pile of **** from people here about not scoring to make it 4-1, but Bergeron does the same thing at 5-4, to tie it.
Shoulder sore may cause lifting of the puck difficult ... I was just happy he return

lots of missed chances period not just 1 player specially in that game...

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
  #81
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,861
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I thought he took crap in the GDT, no? I know you like to point out that Bergeron is not held to the same standards as everyone else (golden boy and stuff) but I don't think it fits in this case.
Didn't see too much of it, if any... I could be wrong (normally I am )

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:27 PM
  #82
trenton1
Paille Good
 
trenton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Loge 31 Row 10
Country: Belize
Posts: 6,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
@NHLBruins: Coach said Paille won't be making the trip...deemed "upper- body injury" until team can get all the details^CS
Likely some blurred vision from that reckless stick to the eye he took from Tyler Myers.

Paille has terrible luck. Earns a promotion, gets an assist and gets a stick to the eye even with a visor on.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:53 PM
  #83
bruinmann77
Registered User
 
bruinmann77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: bronx ny
Country: United States
Posts: 5,813
vCash: 500
They need to phyiscally beat them next time no matter what the score outcome is.

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:59 PM
  #84
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmann77 View Post
They need to phyiscally beat them next time no matter what the score outcome is.
No they don't. It far more important in a shortened season, with divisional games having more impact on the standings, to actually win the game. Save the moral victories and nonsense for another time.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
  #85
Charbacca08
Registered User
 
Charbacca08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LA
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
No they don't. It far more important in a shortened season, with divisional games having more impact on the standings, to actually win the game. Save the moral victories and nonsense for another time.

Agreed, as much as all of us wanted it to be a blood bath last night, we just knew it wasn't going to be.

AS far as the Scott Thorton fight, it's a hard pill to swallow. Thorton is our though guy and enforcer, he can make plays and score goals. On the flip side of that where Scott is a goon, plain an simple. One Career goal. 8 Shifts last night for under 4:30 of ice time, and seven minutes of penalty time.

Buffalo wanted to send a message, which they did. As Jack would say "They beat us, and beat us up." The Bruins are a team that will always carry a chip on their shoulder, they will remember this. Next time we play Buffalo, let them play Scott. It will lead to more power plays and tilts on the ice. Ruff may think he's smug, but that will come to an end soon.

Charbacca08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
  #86
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmann77 View Post
They need to phyiscally beat them next time no matter what the score outcome is.
THough it would be nice to not give up 7 goals again.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
  #87
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 18,003
vCash: 500
Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC

1. Boy did Lindy Ruff send a message to the Bruins with 10 seconds left in the game. Sabres had 7-4 lead and he put tough guy John Scott out
2. Sabres are no more Mister Nice Guy. What message to send to the world

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:35 PM
  #88
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
I'm I the only one that seen Hamilton take an elbow last night ?? looked to me as a head shot
I saw it. I am not sure if anyone on the ice saw it-ref sure enough missed it.

NHL seems to have taken a giant yawn on it-but then I think Shanahan doesn't really care if Bruins players are elbowed in the head. I am still ticked off at the Sestito hit on Horton drawing nothing. Looks like Dougie is okay though, but Stafford is a puke.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
  #89
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bottom six forwards..

Kelly, Pervs, Bourque, Campbell, Tardiff, MacDermid.

Wowzers.
That whole quantity over quality thing really disappears once a single player gets hurt, doesn't it?

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
  #90
SerenityRick
Registered User
 
SerenityRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 14,094
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC

1. Boy did Lindy Ruff send a message to the Bruins with 10 seconds left in the game. Sabres had 7-4 lead and he put tough guy John Scott out
2. Sabres are no more Mister Nice Guy. What message to send to the world
What message is that? Have big talentless goons take up roster space and seal the deal that you'll never win the Stanley Cup with that lineup?

I said it last night and I'll say it again; 9 times out of 10 the Bruins win that game last night. Same lineup and everything. Hell, even having Thornton getting his ass kicked.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
  #91
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bottom six forwards..

Kelly, Pervs, Bourque, Campbell, Tardiff, MacDermid.

Wowzers.
I just puked in my mouth a little.

Woof.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:41 PM
  #92
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I just puked in my mouth a little.

Woof.
Yeti

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:43 PM
  #93
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,445
vCash: 500
If there was a time for Soderberg the time is now. Chiarelli needs to put the Soderberg signal in the air.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:03 PM
  #94
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bottom six forwards..

Kelly, Pervs, Bourque, Campbell, Tardiff, MacDermid.

Wowzers.
Komarov, McLaren, Kadri, Steckel, Frattin, Orr

I take the B's corps 10 times of 10. Not exactly sure what everyone expects for depth.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:05 PM
  #95
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Komarov, McLaren, Kadri, Steckel, Frattin, Orr

I take the B's corps 10 times of 10. Not exactly sure what everyone expects for depth.
Who cares what Toronto has for depth? They're not a favorite to even make the playoffs let alone contend for a cup. In terms of what everyone expects for depth, take it up with the FO. Those are the guys who keep talking about how the depth on the team is why they're winning, and then when one guy gets hurt, you have a situation like we do now.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
  #96
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
That whole quantity over quality thing really disappears once a single player gets hurt, doesn't it?
There's nothing wrong with the way the Bruins are built at the top of the roster. They have one of the best top 6's in the NHL. And if they could ever get a decent guy for the 3rd line, that's been missing for two seasons now, they'd be even better.

Paille and Thornton being out isn't a huge blow, the fact that they once again cheaped out on the 3rd line is and that was a problem before the season even started.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
  #97
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Who cares what Toronto has for depth? They're not a favorite to even make the playoffs let alone contend for a cup. In terms of what everyone expects for depth, take it up with the FO. Those are the guys who keep talking about how the depth on the team is why they're winning, and then when one guy gets hurt, you have a situation like we do now.
What "situation"? For A game we're down 2 4th liners, who are replaced by fringe NHLers ... that's typically how it works. Teams don't have binders of quality NHLers waiting for injuries to happen.

Forget the Leafs ... I'd challenge you to find 5 teams that have better quality players than Kelly/Pevs/Campbell regardless of who the other 3 are.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
  #98
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
What "situation"? For A game we're down 2 4th liners, who are replaced by fringe NHLers ... that's typically how it works. Teams don't have binders of quality NHLers waiting for injuries to happen.

Forget the Leafs ... I'd challenge you to find 5 teams that have better quality players than Kelly/Pevs/Campbell regardless of who the other 3 are.
That's a bit disingenuous, IMO. The team is built on having balance across all 4 lines. Their top 6 isn't as dangerous as other contending teams' top 6 guys, but the claim has always been that the Bruins bottom 6 made up for it by being better than everyone else. Now, for the second year in a row, we see that's not really the case, just because a player or two are out.

So how about this: Instead of trying to find better bottom 6 players on other teams, why not look at the top teams in their conference and the league, and see how their top 6 stack up against the Bruins. I'd bet the difference between talent up there is far greater than the difference of talent between the B's bottom 6 and those teams.

And for the record, last year the Caps bottom 6 outplayed the Bruins bottom 6 by miles.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
  #99
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
There's nothing wrong with the way the Bruins are built at the top of the roster. They have one of the best top 6's in the NHL. And if they could ever get a decent guy for the 3rd line, that's been missing for two seasons now, they'd be even better.

Paille and Thornton being out isn't a huge blow, the fact that they once again cheaped out on the 3rd line is and that was a problem before the season even started.
This is very true. I personally wanted them to improve that spot by getting a top 6 type player and pushing down one of the current top 6 to the 3rd line but it didn't happen. Once they didn't make a move like that, they should have been looking for more than Caron or Bourque to fill that role, but again, they stood pat. Pretty hard to take, especially when you hear PC talking about how their cap situation is pretty good right now. Hopefully they do something at the deadline, but I'm not counting on it.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
  #100
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,861
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Komarov, McLaren, Kadri, Steckel, Frattin, Orr

I take the B's corps 10 times of 10. Not exactly sure what everyone expects for depth.
Um, that's kinda why Toronto sucks?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.