HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 02:16 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
I honestly think Lu will go to anywhere at this point, lol. And Nabokov has done better than expected on that team. They have a young defense and some key pieces.

Okposo is pretty underrated and they've tried to ship Niederreiter, if Lu agrees on this I say make it now.
You are just making things up now. Niederreiter asked for a trade after being pissed about being demoted. Snow never tried to ship him off. Snow basically told him your SOL and stuck on the Isles until your RFA period is over.

BTW I am not even an Isles fan but your deals have the Isles getting shafted so bad I had to speak up for their poor fan base.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke to Nonis View Post
Flames need to trade Iggy and Kipper and start rebuilding, get some prospects and youth into the organization. Write this season off and rebuild.

To Flames:
Schneider, Gardiner

To Canucks:
Iginla, 2nd

To Leafs:
Kiprusoff, Sarich

I don't know if its fair but you can add pieces to it to make it fair. Basically my point was Schneider goes to flames, Iggy, comes to Canucks, and Kipper goes to Leafs
Where do you cross the line from (dubious) opinion to outright , shameless , trolling ?

Old
02-01-2013, 02:46 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
My eyes are burning

1. Isles have shown they are willing to buyout players: Yashin,Witt and Bates.
Yashin was owed more then DiPi at the time of his buyout. DiPietro's $1.5m per buyout, would be doable.

2.Botta wrote when the Flyers were shopping Carter and the isles were shopping their high lottery pick, that his long term contract was a turnoff for the NYI. They'd been burned on the Yashin/DiPietro longterm deals.
I can't see the isles interest in Luongo's longterm deal.

3.I doubt Luongo waives his NTC to return to LI.

4.Snow has said he's sticking with his youth movement, expect more youngsters to make their way onto the roster. Trading a 24 yr old core player and their top two prospects for a 30 something yr old, is the exact opposite of what Snow wants to do.
Hey logic, get out of here.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:48 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
My eyes are burning

1. Isles have shown they are willing to buyout players: Yashin,Witt and Bates.
Yashin was owed more then DiPi at the time of his buyout. DiPietro's $1.5m per buyout, would be doable.

2.Botta wrote when the Flyers were shopping Carter and the isles were shopping their high lottery pick, that his long term contract was a turnoff for the NYI. They'd been burned on the Yashin/DiPietro longterm deals.
I can't see the isles interest in Luongo's longterm deal.

3.I doubt Luongo waives his NTC to return to LI.

4.Snow has said he's sticking with his youth movement, expect more youngsters to make their way onto the roster. Trading a 24 yr old core player and their top two prospects for a 30 something yr old, is the exact opposite of what Snow wants to do.
While you're here, if you don't mind me asking what's the story behind Ness and Donovan? Either of them expected to make the jump anytime soon? I think Gillis will be looking to move Ballard this summer, and probably wants a cheap, young guy to replace him. Not asking in terms of value, just in terms of current projections.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:01 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
While you're here, if you don't mind me asking what's the story behind Ness and Donovan? Either of them expected to make the jump anytime soon? I think Gillis will be looking to move Ballard this summer, and probably wants a cheap, young guy to replace him. Not asking in terms of value, just in terms of current projections.
Donovan made this yr's all-star team. I think he remains a top prospect, especially because of De Haan's shoulder injuries. Isles fans can't agree on where De Haan stands on the depth chart, after another season lost to a shoulder injury.

Early in Bridgeport's season, I thought he was their best d-man, looked more poised then anyone else.
Does picking up Hickey and Strait change the isles opinions on keeping Donovan/De Haan? No idea

I could see the smallish Ness, getting lost in numbers game the way Spurgen(sp) did.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:06 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Donovan made this yr's all-star team. I think he remains a top prospect, especially because of De Haan's shoulder injuries. Isles fans can't agree on where De Haan stands on the depth chart, after another season lost to a shoulder injury.

Early in Bridgeport's season, I thought he was their best d-man, looked more poised then anyone else.
Does picking up Hickey and Strait change the isles opinions on keeping Donovan/De Haan? No idea

I could see the smallish Ness, getting lost in numbers game the way Spurgen(sp) did.
So Donovan is pretty much NHL ready I take it? What about Ness? Disregarding the depth chart would you say his game looks NHL ready at all?

Old
02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Where do you cross the line from (dubious) opinion to outright , shameless , trolling ?
Great trade for Calgary though.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:22 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
So Donovan is pretty much NHL ready I take it? What about Ness? Disregarding the depth chart would you say his game looks NHL ready at all?
Ness was called up last season and played about 7 or 8 games. He played well, was very a shifty skater. I'm not sure he'll be anything more, then a 3rd pairing d-man.

Pronman says the talent level between De Haan and Donovan is very close, gives Donovan a slight edge. He thinks his upside is a #3 d-man.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Ness was called up last season and played about 7 or 8 games. He played well, was very a shifty skater. I'm not sure he'll be anything more, then a 3rd pairing d-man.

Pronman says the talent level between De Haan and Donovan is very close, gives Donovan a slight edge. He thinks his upside is a #3 d-man.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:31 PM
StringerBell

From Dan Murphy:

Quote:
I remember when the whole Carey Price vs. Jaroslav Halak story was blowing up in Montreal a few years ago and some were suggesting that giving Price a certain start would devastate Halak and ruin his confidence. Vigneault told me something to the effect of, "Are you kidding me? You've got to be a lot mentally tougher than that to play goalie in this league, no?"
Doesn't look like he's too worried about either goalie being able to handle the controversy.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:56 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
From Dan Murphy:

Doesn't look like he's too worried about either goalie being able to handle the controversy.
Realistically, he's not, and shouldn't be. Both have been total professionals throughout the situation, and waited patiently for the offseason for Gillis to make the decision.

The problem comes next year, when the cap is down, the same ultimatum is put forward by both goaltenders, only with less trust in Gillis' ability to effectively manage the situation, because he didn't this year.

At this point, if Gillis still feels that Schneider is the guy he wants long term, the only way he can make the move is if Luongo plays his way out of the #1 role. If he decides that keeping Luongo is the better call, then he'll have the flexibilty to trade Schneider as long as Luongo is outplaying him.

There's absolutely no scenario where it makes sense for a team in a cup contending position like Vancouver to trade it's #1 goaltender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Score View Post
I honestly think Lu will go to anywhere at this point, lol. And Nabokov has done better than expected on that team. They have a young defense and some key pieces.

Okposo is pretty underrated and they've tried to ship Niederreiter, if Lu agrees on this I say make it now.
At this point, Lu has little reason to go anywhere. He's the #1 goalie on a cup contending team. He only came out and said he wanted to move after he lost that job.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Wizeman*

I think our window is with the Sedins, and Eddie Lack will be ready by then.

Trade Schneider for a great package and ride Luongo and the Sedins for the next 2 years or so. Then have Lack take over. Trade/ buyout luongo then.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:40 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Realistically, he's not, and shouldn't be. Both have been total professionals throughout the situation, and waited patiently for the offseason for Gillis to make the decision.

The problem comes next year, when the cap is down, the same ultimatum is put forward by both goaltenders, only with less trust in Gillis' ability to effectively manage the situation, because he didn't this year.

At this point, if Gillis still feels that Schneider is the guy he wants long term, the only way he can make the move is if Luongo plays his way out of the #1 role. If he decides that keeping Luongo is the better call, then he'll have the flexibilty to trade Schneider as long as Luongo is outplaying him.

There's absolutely no scenario where it makes sense for a team in a cup contending position like Vancouver to trade it's #1 goaltender.

At this point, Lu has little reason to go anywhere. He's the #1 goalie on a cup contending team. He only came out and said he wanted to move after he lost that job.
I guess that would be a problem if we only had the one #1 goalie. Luckily we have 2

Last edited by StringerBell: 02-01-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
02-01-2013, 06:47 PM
birddog*

Quote:
I guess that would be a probably if we only had the one #1 goalie. Luckily we have 2
You also are so lucky to have the leagues most expensive back-up and a looming cap problem.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
You also are so lucky to have the leagues most expensive back-up and a looming cap problem.
I see your point, but Ballard , Malholtra , one of Schneider/Luongo and even Booth will be off the books.

We will be ok. We do have Burrows increase of 2.5 mil and we will probably re sign Raymond to the same amount. Tanev will want a raise but he has to accept 2.5 mil for now unless he shows flashes of all star .

Higgins will be let go . He is skilled but too soft and with Kassian and Schroeder around he no longer has a real role. Depends what we do with david booth.

Booth goes, Higgins can play with kesler

There are a lot of 'ifs' but I doubt 'cap problem' is going to be one of them. Finding the right deal for Schneider/ Luongo is the key.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:24 PM
kihei

vCash: 3125
Quote:
The odd thing is that strange proposal seemed to be made by a Leaf fan. Perhaps, he's a double agent.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Numbers

Quote:
I see your point, but Ballard , Malholtra , one of Schneider/Luongo and even Booth will be off the books.

We will be ok. We do have Burrows increase of 2.5 mil and we will probably re sign Raymond to the same amount. Tanev will want a raise but he has to accept 2.5 mil for now unless he shows flashes of all star .

Higgins will be let go . He is skilled but too soft and with Kassian and Schroeder around he no longer has a real role. Depends what we do with david booth.

Booth goes, Higgins can play with kesler

There are a lot of 'ifs' but I doubt 'cap problem' is going to be one of them. Finding the right deal for Schneider/ Luongo is the key.
Don't think Tanev gets anything close to the 2.5 range. Pretty sure Gillis gives him a 2 year bridge deal between 1.2-1.5. No way he gets Del Zotto, Kulekov, or Subban money. Cap is not a big problem. Though I am interested to see if cap could be higher than 64.3 million, because remember this is the lowest it could drop. Fans have come back big time this year, I wouldn't be surprised if next year it might be a little higher then 64.3.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Don't think Tanev gets anything close to the 2.5 range. Pretty sure Gillis gives him a 2 year bridge deal between 1.2-1.5. No way he gets Del Zotto, Kulekov, or Subban money. Cap is not a big problem. Though I am interested to see if cap could be higher than 64.3 million, because remember this is the lowest it could drop. Fans have come back big time this year, I wouldn't be surprised if next year it might be a little higher then 64.3.
Good post. I agree. Hopefully Tanev will take a 1.2 deal.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
I think our window is with the Sedins, and Eddie Lack will be ready by then.

Trade Schneider for a great package and ride Luongo and the Sedins for the next 2 years or so. Then have Lack take over. Trade/ buyout luongo then.
If we keep Lu. He will play until he retires.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:27 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Just like you got to watch your team over the break since they are AHL?

Hmm Bryz in philly sure isn't doing that well this year.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:45 PM
kihei

vCash: 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Just like you got to watch your team over the break since they are AHL?
I know that's intended to be an insult, but, jeez, the AHL Leafs are doing just fine right now. But that doesn't alter the fact that you still have the leagues most expensive back-up and a looming cap problem.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:47 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
I know that's intended to be an insult, but, jeez, the AHL Leafs are doing just fine right now. But that doesn't alter the fact that you still have the leagues most expensive back-up and a looming cap problem.
Hahaha, which is still better then both of your starters, it's not a bad problem to have. And to top it off? Even after we trade one we will still be a great team. Keep up the haterade.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Pi

Quote:
Hahaha, which is still better then both of your starters, it's not a bad problem to have. And to top it off? Even after we trade one we will still be a great team. Keep up the haterade.
Reimer has the same number of wins as Luongo + Schneider combined and has yet to **** the bed like Schneider.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:51 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
There's nothing wrong with having the league's most expensive backup if you can afford it, and we don't have a looming cap problem. We trade a goalie, trade Ballard, and we'll be able to ice a great roster next year. Two moves, that's it. It's not like we'll be jettisoning a bunch of players to become compliant. We're lucky to have one of the league's best 'capologists' in our front office.

Quote:
You realize you're the one spewing the most hate right? Leave the Leafs fans alone haha. They're actually having a pretty good season so far.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:54 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
You are just making things up now. Niederreiter asked for a trade after being pissed about being demoted. Snow never tried to ship him off. Snow basically told him your SOL and stuck on the Isles until your RFA period is over.

BTW I am not even an Isles fan but your deals have the Isles getting shafted so bad I had to speak up for their poor fan base.
You're joking right?

He asked to be traded, to think they didn't try to entertain offers is absurd.

Closed Thread