HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No more triple low five

Old
02-01-2013, 01:58 PM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
This just in

Quote:
@DaveStubbs Michel Therrien just outlawed Turtlenecks in dressing room

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I just hope we don't kill the personality of Subban. That's what makes him spectacular on the ice!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Partly agreed...and I do think the organization, from management, coaching staff and the players, have done a poor job of supporting Subban in all of this.

But at the same time, most of it is media-driven...and I think behind the scenes, Subban knows his teamates have his back. There are just certain things that he does, that I don't personally think are done with bad intention, but some of those things take away from the team approach.

And I can understand what Therrien is trying to do...
Same, but there are ways to do things. Which is why I say, either MB and MT are dumb, or they are helping create a narrative that PK isn't a team player so that they can justify moving him if they need to.

Mishandled from the start. For me it goes beyond just banning the celebration. This is linked to how they have portrayed their relations with PK since they've been here.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 50
I like PK. Do we really have to neuter him like this?

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Same, but there are ways to do things. Which is why I say, either MB and MT are dumb, or they are helping create a narrative that PK isn't a team player so that they can justify moving him.

Mishandled from the start. For me it goes beyond just banning the celebration. This is linked to how they have portrayed their relations with PK since they've been here.
I agree...seems they haven't done anything to stem the perception that Subban is being alienated from his teamates. But this is only what it appears to us from our vantage point, i'm convinced that behind the scenes. Any issues that may have been present, have been addressed and the team will move forward as a team

I don't believe the Habs have or had any intention of trading Subban...I very much think they believe he's a cornerstone piece to this franchise as much as Price/Pacioretty are.

I really don't have an issue with this decision at all...but agreed, they did a poor job of handling the Subban situation from a PR point of view.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
I like PK. Do we really have to neuter him like this?
They're not neutering him lol...if anything, I think this decision is one of the few the coaching staff has actually done to protect Subban's image for once.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:06 PM
onice

Quote:
Either their creating their own negative discourse around PK so it makes it easier to trade him for the fans or MB and MT are idiots
There is a third possibility.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Same, but there are ways to do things. Which is why I say, either MB and MT are dumb, or they are helping create a narrative that PK isn't a team player so that they can justify moving him if they need to.

Most of that garbage is coming from RDS. Why can't the Habs put a stop to it? I mean, when you watch CBC, they're clearly in the tank for the Leafs. Same with NESN and Jack Edwards. Why do they tolerate the fake drama? It's always the darkest day in Habs history on RDS. I posted it last night but Claude Mailhot said during the intermission that the Habs have to trade Markov right now because he can't coexist with PK. Just like that. Out of the blue with no proof.

Why can't we have homers covering our team like everybody else?

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze*

I also don't get why you guys think Therrien is turning them into emotionless robots. The Gally's looked pretty damn happy when they scored their goals, didn't they? What about when Markov scored the OT winner? The players were going nuts. Like I said, it's ALL about the team now.

Also, NO ONE knows what goes on behind the scenes. The media is once again trying to stir up drama. I seriously doubt that this is just a ploy to alienate PK ...

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
They're not neutering him lol...if anything, I think this decision is one of the few the coaching staff has actually done to protect Subban's image for once.

HE'S A PEACOCK, YOU GOTTA LET HIM FLY

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
But his consistent team approach has given off the impression that PK isn't a team player when he gets constantly singled out by management. This gives the media a story to run with and cause chaos around the team. It's just stupid.
i agree with you for the most part...

but if this is done out of an attempt to lower his "value" to the fans to prepare for an eventual trade, don't you think that would equally lower his value in that regard?

I think it's more just an ego thing on their part (MT/MB). Subban clearly does have a big personality, and MB/MT seem dead set on building the team identity that they want for this organization.

I think Subban will fall in line & that they are underestimating how much he actually does value some of the same things they want to instill in the team. I wonder how much work they did to actually get to know the guy, and how much they've just relied on their own sources...

if they do end up alienating him (and i agree with you that, strong contract stance or not, they've pretty much done everything possible to show their complete lack of appreciation for him as a talented member of their team), it will have been a massive misjudgment on their part, and he'll be just another in a long line of talented athletes we had & then got forced to watch prosper elsewhere.

on the flip side, if they manage to not screw this up, i do like the overall tone they are setting for the team. most strong franchises do have a pretty clear identity that is imposed top-down and that players either buy-in to or get moved.

these guys just need to look beyond skin-deep and realize that this Kid is exactly the kind of talent they need to build a succesfull version of the "team-first" identity they want to build.

on a related note, what do you think therrien's reaction to Subban would be if he made the kind of decisions Markov did vs. the devils the other night...

pinches in aggressively, late in a tie game (or was it already OT), gets caught deep, Devils get a 3-1 from it, Kovalchuk hits the post...

Markov then makes the same play a few minutes later (not getting benched for the first "mistake"), which then results in the game winning goal.

will MT treat Subban with that kind of decision-making freedom, or will he sit him and accuse him of not being a team player for being that aggressive?

That kind of double standard, if it happens, will quickly turn this situation even uglier, cuz i don't see Subban "buying-in" to the notion that he has to be held to a different standard.

i hope MT is smarter than that...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:14 PM
niftymove

Good move by mt. Always found that celebration ridiculous . Looked out of beat and childish imho

niftymove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Captain Saku

I think MT is letting himself too much affected by the media

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

hahah, there are some golden tweets right now:

Shannon Proudfoot ‏@sproudfoot

So the Canadiens just enacted the NHL equivalent of forcing you to give Valentines to everyone in your grade 4 class, or no one.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Good move by mt. Always found that celebration ridiculous . Looked out of beat and childish imho
Yeah, we wouldn't want them to look childish. After all, they are men playing a "game". jeez.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Hockey isn't supposed to be entertaining. Glad Therrien intends to keep things formal.
If hockey isn't supposed to be entertaining they'll never gain new fans like they're trying to.

It's a different generation of the game. It's such a small thing after a victory. I don't see the big deal to it but whatever.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Boooooooooooooo

Where's the spice, man!

Don't steal PK's personality!

Mcguire is wrong.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Most of that garbage is coming from RDS. Why can't the Habs put a stop to it? I mean, when you watch CBC, they're clearly in the tank for the Leafs. Same with NESN and Jack Edwards. Why do they tolerate the fake drama? It's always the darkest day in Habs history on RDS. I posted it last night but Claude Mailhot said during the intermission that the Habs have to trade Markov right now because he can't coexist with PK. Just like that. Out of the blue with no proof.

Why can't we have homers covering our team like everybody else?
Rating ******.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
FinnHab

Subban fanboys on rampage. Funny. PK is helluva hockey player, he`s antics are lame. Team is always first. Thx MT.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
PK fanboys on rampage. Funny.
*****y passive-aggressive comments, much?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:36 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
I totally agree with this decision.....Pk wants to triple low five he can triple low five the whole damn team. Im sure that wouldnt last long.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:36 PM
SouthernHab

Why is this even a story?

And why does this thread have 6 pages of responses?

Unbelievable.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
FinnHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Why is this even a story?

And why does this thread have 6 pages of responses?

Unbelievable.

I wonder same thing. PK`s career is ruined or what?

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaivuN View Post
Wonder how much that decision has to do with listening to his buddies from l'Anti-Chambre.
this x1000 ... this is so ****ing stupid ... apparently l'Anti-Chambre boys got their way and get to dictate how our team is to be run. by the sounds of this MT is getting ready to run PK out of town

DEEP BREATH.

..ok so maybe im over reacting but i dont get a good feeling about how MT is trying
"break" PK .. dont think this is going to end well. like some one pointed out MT should listen to Gill... let PK BE PK!

Rozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:42 PM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
I'll never watch a HABS game ever again because of this decision. I AM SERIOUS !

dkdanielkli is offline   Reply With Quote