HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Spezza? Inexperienced Defense? Backup Goalie? 5-1 Loss.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
  #76
Novacane
Registered User
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 21,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
those McBain grrrrlfran's tweets are hilarious (sad).
is Faulk playing? still out?
One of our writers said he should be playing tonight.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
  #77
bilpeto
#Rongos Bandwagon
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
Maybe my problem is that I never order burritos because I hate them. I just get the soft tacos with barbacoa, lettuce, cheese, and the spicy sauce. It's damn good.

EDIT: So, now I've derailed two consecutive threads. It's all going according to plan. *insert evil laugh*
Must post more nonsense and get this GDT somewhere nowhere close to 1000 posts.


So, what's everybody's favorite flavor poptart?

bilpeto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:22 PM
  #78
Novacane
Registered User
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 21,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
Must post more nonsense and get this GDT somewhere nowhere close to 1000 posts.


So, what's everybody's favorite flavor poptart?
Only flavor I can tolerate is brown sugar and cinnamon. But even then I don't love it. Poptarts just aren't my thing.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:24 PM
  #79
TheBigKahuna
Registered User
 
TheBigKahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canes Country
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post

So, what's everybody's favorite flavor poptart?

Brown sugar and cinnamon.

TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:24 PM
  #80
bilpeto
#Rongos Bandwagon
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Well, I'm bored. Gonna go play my newly-created Be A Pro guy and get him slightly closer to being drafted. Why the hell did I choose to start him off in the OHL, on Erie no less? Oh, that's right. In hopes that McDavid would be in NHL13.

bilpeto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
  #81
garnetpalmetto
Moderator
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Babchuk Crunch View Post
What does Moe's have that Chipotle doesn't? Free chips? Reminding you of what restaurant you walked into when you open the door? Seinfeld references instead of just ordering the food you want by name?
1) Coke Freestyle machines
2) Better music selection
3) I prefer the Moe' style salsa bar
4) Plain tortilla chips instead of the lime flavored ones - that seasoning mix can go on a little too thick.
5) If Undercover Boss is to be believed, their CEO is a pretty decent guy
6) Fewer hipsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
Must post more nonsense and get this GDT somewhere nowhere close to 1000 posts.


So, what's everybody's favorite flavor poptart?
Chocolate Fudge

garnetpalmetto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
  #82
What the Faulk
Auggie
 
What the Faulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 34,385
vCash: 500
If the Canes had this kid they'd win every game:

http://video.hurricanes.nhl.com/vide...ed-share-video

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
  #83
bilpeto
#Rongos Bandwagon
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post


Chocolate Fudge

You and I cannot share a common favorite poptart flavor, you and I are mortal enemies based on college teams. I must now rethink my life...

bilpeto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
  #84
Novacane
Registered User
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 21,632
vCash: 500
I need to play my xbox soon. I'm sitting on a Calgary be-a-gm that I've overhauled a little. Not to the point that it's unrecognizable, but I think my top6 is something like Horton-Backlund-Perry and Boedker- Hudler-Tanguay. That 2nd line is surprisingly very effective.

Top4 defense I think is Giordano-Subban and Brodie(?)-Wideman. I really need to move Wideman soon. I'm also pretty sure I have someone a little better than Brodie there, but can't remember right now.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
  #85
Boom Boom Aho
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Aho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Moe's is a decent bit cheaper then Chipotle. Especially the monday special they have going. Nothing that Qdoba or Chipotle offers can compete with it in terms of value.
True, but unless I am starving, I can split a burrito with my wife at Qdoba's. We load it up with pretty much everything and usually they can barely close it (or have to use a 2nd tortilla to close it ) Plus with the Qdoba card, every 10th one is free.

I feel like I ate something healthy when I eat at Qdobas. I feel like I regret what I ate (even though it's very tasty) when I ate at Moes.

EDIT: I should note that since I'm a bit older than some of you, I have to more closely watch what I eat now. When I was in my teens/20s, I probably would have said MOEs..as I didn't care what I ate.

Boom Boom Aho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:35 PM
  #86
bilpeto
#Rongos Bandwagon
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
I need to play my xbox soon. I'm sitting on a Calgary be-a-gm that I've overhauled a little. Not to the point that it's unrecognizable, but I think my top6 is something like Horton-Backlund-Perry and Boedker- Hudler-Tanguay. That 2nd line is surprisingly very effective.

Top4 defense I think is Giordano-Subban and Brodie(?)-Wideman. I really need to move Wideman soon. I'm also pretty sure I have someone a little better than Brodie there, but can't remember right now.
You think yours is overhauled? After surviving an Chicago-esque situation, my Be a GM is in the 2018-2019 season with the roster of:


Nyquist-Eric-Ryan
Rask-Jordan-Oshie
Yakupov-Boyle-prospect
Brody Sutter-Steckel-prospect

McDonagh-Hamilton
Yandle-Girardi
Hainsey-Gunnarsson

Campbell
Some other Gunnarsson guy


Yes, that bottom 6 is total garbage outside of Yakupov, but I had to sign Hamilton and Campbell to massive contracts at the same time. Lost some of my forward depth AND Seabrook in the offseason.

bilpeto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
  #87
Novacane
Registered User
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 21,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
You think yours is overhauled? After surviving an Chicago-esque situation, my Be a GM is in the 2018-2019 season with the roster of:


Nyquist-Eric-Ryan
Rask-Jordan-Oshie
Yakupov-Boyle-prospect
Brody Sutter-Steckel-prospect

McDonagh-Hamilton
Yandle-Girardi
Hainsey-Gunnarsson

Campbell
Some other Gunnarsson guy


Yes, that bottom 6 is total garbage outside of Yakupov, but I had to sign Hamilton and Campbell to massive contracts at the same time. Lost some of my forward depth AND Seabrook in the offseason.
Hey. I added "a little" at the end of "overhauled". My 3rd and 4th line is completely different than the current one though. Some guy I drafted 2 years ago in the 5th round- Stoll - Some random FEL guy. Have no idea about 4th line. Sucks that Baertschi is nowhere to be found in the system...

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:48 PM
  #88
totaltank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
So I'm in Vegas. And I'm going to go downstairs and watch the Canes in the Sports Book here at Aria. If it was your money, which way would you go? I like Ellis, and I think the Sens are beatable. Thoughts?

By the way, I'm semi-live-blogging my trip: http://wp.me/38oE1

totaltank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM
  #89
bb99
Registered User
 
bb99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
since Ellis is starting over Ward and my shotgunning beer when he flops and stacks pads is ruined, and all this talk of Moe's, I will eat a Joey Bag burrito for every goal Corvo causes for us or them.

bb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM
  #90
Stephen Goalbert
Puck Don't Lie
 
Stephen Goalbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Chipotle is massively overrated. Moe's has intangibles that Chipotle can't even fathom.

Although for the record, I prefer Chubby's.
Moe's >> Chubby's >> Chipotle for me.

I like Chipotle though.

Stephen Goalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:52 PM
  #91
Gotta Catch Em Staal
NEVER 4GET
 
Gotta Catch Em Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 7,627
vCash: 500
Most of thread an argument about Mexican fast food chains?

Yep must be a Canes board GDT.

__________________
-Jonathan
Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:56 PM
  #92
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 35,856
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
True, but unless I am starving, I can split a burrito with my wife at Qdoba's. We load it up with pretty much everything and usually they can barely close it (or have to use a 2nd tortilla to close it ) Plus with the Qdoba card, every 10th one is free.

I feel like I ate something healthy when I eat at Qdobas. I feel like I regret what I ate (even though it's very tasty) when I ate at Moes.

EDIT: I should note that since I'm a bit older than some of you, I have to more closely watch what I eat now. When I was in my teens/20s, I probably would have said MOEs..as I didn't care what I ate.
Nope I'm in the same boat man. I can't get that weight off me in my 30s the same way I could in my early-mid 20s. I've basically stopped drinking sodas for that reason, strictly water and beer now. Yes I realize the irony in that comment, however I also realize the irony in the criticism of it.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:05 PM
  #93
jg39
SFY is great
 
jg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Ill will be at the game tonight, Go Canes. Should be a good one...I love the games where "O Canada" is played.

As for Mexican food, I prefer Moes to everything else. However, if I have been drinking, Qdoba all the way!

jg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:08 PM
  #94
Blueline Bomber
Ye Olde Bandwagon
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 27,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
Must post more nonsense and get this GDT somewhere nowhere close to 1000 posts.


So, what's everybody's favorite flavor poptart?
S'Mores.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:12 PM
  #95
Joe McGrath
Registered User
 
Joe McGrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
S'Mores.
Bingo

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:16 PM
  #96
bilpeto
#Rongos Bandwagon
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
I'm not a fan of s'mores poptarts, either as they are or toasted. Chocolate fudge, however...

bilpeto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:20 PM
  #97
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 35,856
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
S'Mores.
oh. ****. yes.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
  #98
normalpsychology
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mass
Posts: 972
vCash: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
So I'm in Vegas. And I'm going to go downstairs and watch the Canes in the Sports Book here at Aria. If it was your money, which way would you go? I like Ellis, and I think the Sens are beatable. Thoughts?

By the way, I'm semi-live-blogging my trip: http://wp.me/38oE1
all in on canes w

normalpsychology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
  #99
bb99
Registered User
 
bb99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Nope I'm in the same boat man. I can't get that weight off me in my 30s the same way I could in my early-mid 20s. I've basically stopped drinking sodas for that reason, strictly water and beer now. Yes I realize the irony in that comment, however I also realize the irony in the criticism of it.
good thing you didn't say watery beer. natty lights FTL.

bb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
  #100
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds
 
Anton Dubinchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,258
vCash: 50
S'mores wins, with a close second to Brown Sugar Cinnamon.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.