HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Cammalleri

Old
02-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Thanks I sometimes forget the difference between the Canadiens and Leafs, he has been good just not great if you think that is great then your expectations are low he can be a dominate player when he wants to be.
I don't expect him to be a dominant player who carries the team, doing so is putting the expectations too high (which explains why you think mine are too low). Bourque is a complimentary scoring winger who should be able to use his body to create space. So far he's been doing exactly that and I hope he keeps it up. If he can score 20-25 goals and net 45-55 points over the remainder of his contract term I will be very very happy.

The difference between Bourque and Cammalleri, Cammy is paid to be an elite sniper and a 1st line winger, Bourque isn't. I hope Bourque can keep up his current play as so far it looks to good to be true given his inconsistency history.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I don't expect him to be a dominant player who carries the team, doing so is putting the expectations too high (which explains why you think mine are too low). Bourque is a complimentary scoring winger who should be able to use his body to create space. So far he's been doing exactly that and I hope he keeps it up. If he can score 20-25 goals and net 45-55 points over the remainder of his contract term I will be very very happy.

The difference between Bourque and Cammalleri, Cammy is paid to be an elite sniper and a 1st line winger, Bourque isn't. I hope Bourque can keep up his current play as so far it looks to good to be true given his inconsistency history.
He is capable of more is my point he has been good but we saw this in Calgary he we play well a few games take a few off then dominate for a game or two and repeat

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Perro

I'd give Penner and a 3rd if Calgary kept $2mil of the cap hit....I definately do not think the flames would accept that though

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I'd give Penner and a 3rd if Calgary kept $2mil of the cap hit....I definately do not think the flames would accept that though
I wouldn't give a 3rd for Penner the guy sucks most of the time you can keep him.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Oh dear.

I'll see you in another ten games when you are pulling your hair out and trying to figure out where this magical Bourque has gone.

Hopefully I'm wrong but he has to be one of the most maddening players I've ever watched.
Sigh.

Maybe that is what probably will happen, but that's not what I was saying. All I said was the right now Bourque has been pretty damn good, will he continue? Given his history probably not, but I hope so because he has been excellent in the first 6 games. If he continues to play this way, no one will have anything bad to say about him.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
You haven't watched at all. Bourque has been pretty damn good this season. He is forechecking hard, causing turnovers, creating chances for himself and his linemates. He's winning board battles. There is literally nothing to complain about in Bourque's game so far this season, he looks like a changed man. Him, Plekanec and Gionta are gelling so well, that no one wants to split up the line to get the others going.

I defended Bourque last year and he's impressing me so far.
The problem with Bourque is that he always looks like a changed man. He constantly changes from awesome to crappy, to awesome to crappy. He always has phases where he's a dominant player, but the good Bourque never outweighs the bad Bourque.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
The problem with Bourque is that he always looks like a changed man. He constantly changes from awesome to crappy, to awesome to crappy. He always has phases where he's a dominant player, but the good Bourque never outweighs the bad Bourque.
I haven't denied this. In fact, I've mentioned it twice in this thread that Bourque, by his history, is most likely to be as inconsistent as he is always been. The point was just in reference to a poster, regarding the acceptability of his play so far this season.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
...so like Cammalleri, but at half the price?

At least Bourque kills penalties. He still has some use when he's not scoring.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
But I think this is enough of Bourque/Cammy talk. Both teams are happier with the guy they have.

How about discussing what Cammalleri might actually be worth if he is available to be moved.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
3 points in 6 games is great? He has played well but your expectations for him seem low.
Perfect post from a professional stat reader.

Watch him play and you'll see a big difference between this year's Bourque and last year's.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:46 AM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Poor Mike

HabsProspectsExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Right now, if Cammalleri is traded the Flames may have to eat part of that cap hit.

Better off waiting to see if he can work his way out of the funk he's in.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Perfect post from a professional stat reader.

Watch him play and you'll see a big difference between this year's Bourque and last year's.
Ah the usual you must not watch him play because you have a different opinion of him. I have seen every Habs game so far he has been pretty good but if you only expect him to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener then I guess you would think he has been great, but he is capable of much more I wouldn't describe his game a being great.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Ah the usual you must not watch him play because you have a different opinion of him. I have seen every Habs game so far he has been pretty good but if you only expect him to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener then I guess you would think he has been great, but he is capable of much more I wouldn't describe his game a being great.
Nobody expects Bourque to be anything more than a 2nd/3rd line tweener. He's looked good so far, but trust us that Habs fans have no allusions that Bourque is anything more than our new Andrei Kostitsyn (talented and flashes of greatness, but far to inconsistent). Unlike posters assuming that Cammy a his current level can net a 1st at the trade deadline on a non-expiring contract with a high cap hit.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Maybe a team like Nashville would like him?
Nashville is very strict about what it'll accept from its forwards. I'm not sure if Cammalleri would qualify.

If the prices stay acceptably low, the Jackets might take interest. "Acceptably low", though, would be in the neighborhood of the "just ****ing get rid of the bum" "we'll take a 2nd straight up" type prices that are undoubtedly never going to happen.

(And when I mention "we'll take a 2nd straight up", I assume that it'd become acceptable here if Calgary eats some of the cap. Maybe $2.5m or so. )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Mats86

I'm just glad Cammy is off the Habs. His caphit and diminishing returns be murder on us now. Draft pick aced deal for Montreal where '13 is exceptional good draft.

Cammy definitely not the same player he was when he came to Montreal. He took quite a beating some nights playing on Montreal's soft Gauthier teams back then. I suspect numerous ankle/shoulder injuries have worn him down. He'll have the odd semi-spurt of good hockey, but for all intent and purposes he's done.

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Ramo is still teh key to that trade, if he comes across next year and looks good it could still very much be lopsided in Calgary's favor. Even with Cammalleri's struggles I have zero doubt he will produce more than Bourque would have. I wish Rene the best of luck in Montreal and hope the deal works out for both teams but Bourque was mailing it in in Calgary and him being off the roster is a blessing.
Ramo is far from being another Pekka Rinne he was just a throw in, he played with the bolts and he wasn't good at all. I doubt he has much improved since. Numbers in europe can be a fluke. Just look at Marcel Hossa who was the leading scorer in the khl not so long ago.

We need more a forward like Bourque right now than another small forward like Cammalleri. I'm glad he is gone he was soft as butter and when he wasn't producing he was a liability on the ice.

Bourque can backcheck play on the pk and charge the net.

I'm not surprised he is playing bad this year he is a great sniper a bit like Kessel(Kessel is a lot better tough), but that's about it if he doesn't have a great line to play with he won't be good.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:25 PM
OneSharpMarble

Cammy is entirely worthless, floats all game and falls down at the drop of a hat. Enjoy the buyout.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
His contract is atrocious, and he's not playing very well this season. What sort of return would the Flames see on #13?
I realize this is a fake trade forum, but it's generally a poor idea to preface an offer of goods with "MY GOODS ARE TERRIBLE YOU SHOULD PURCHASE THEM"

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Ramo is far from being another Pekka Rinne he was just a throw in, he played with the bolts and he wasn't good at all. I doubt he has much improved since. Numbers in europe can be a fluke. Just look at Marcel Hossa who was the leading scorer in the khl not so long ago.
No one said Ramo would be another Rinne, but to suggest Ramo hasn't improved is ludicrous. He has shown consistent improvement each year in the KHL, plus he was what 21-23 during his time in Tampa? Most goaltenders aren't even NHL ready by 23. By no means is he a guarantee to be a steal, but to outright write him off it preposterous.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:07 PM
HABSFTW

Ya hard for me to comment on Mike as I've not seen him play, so I can only look at points and +/-.

That being said, Bourque has played solid hockey, add in the 2nd we got in a deep draft, and a good cap hit if he keeps going, I'm happy with what we got out of it.

Not saying we won, just saying I'm happy with what we got

EDIT: Sorry didn't really address the OP's post. I'm thinking if you trade him this early where there is perceived hope from another team to turn it around, 2nd + at least half the salary coming back would be best case. Realistically, a 3rd + salary seeing where the cap is going next year and Mike's hit to it.

HABSFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
No one said Ramo would be another Rinne, but to suggest Ramo hasn't improved is ludicrous. He has shown consistent improvement each year in the KHL, plus he was what 21-23 during his time in Tampa? Most goaltenders aren't even NHL ready by 23. By no means is he a guarantee to be a steal, but to outright write him off it preposterous.
If you rely on Ramo to be your next 1 goalie after Kipper retires, then you are in deep trouble.
He is a decent number 2 at best.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
If you rely on Ramo to be your next 1 goalie after Kipper retires, then you are in deep trouble.
He is a decent number 2 at best.
Why do you keep putting words others' mouths? Nobody said we were relying on Ramo.

We have a solid crop of goaltender prospects, and we hope that Ramo can be a starter one day soon.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
VilleLeino

2nd if you keep 2m per season

VilleLeino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Why do you keep putting words others' mouths? Nobody said we were relying on Ramo.

We have a solid crop of goaltender prospects, and we hope that Ramo can be a starter one day soon.
Bottom line Ramo was as much of a throw in than Patrick Holland.

I didn't say nothing about your goaltending prospect, i just said something about Ramo.