MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50

Old
02-01-2013, 02:53 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Coach Claude Noel pre-game scrum

No Byfuglien again tonight. Goalie will be game time decision. Good meeting with players today, including penalty killing. What is the mood of the team. Concerned with the back-to-back element? What did he notice about the penalty kill? Did he ask Perry Pearn to make any systemic changes? Play of James Wright and what he likes about his game. His thoughts on the visor rule? How has Mark Stuart’s game evolved? Lineup changes.

To listen click here.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:20 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Burmistrovs is much better defensively than Scheifele. Ladd/Little go against the tough competition. I'm much much more comfortable with Burmi getting 18 minutes a night against Stamkos than with Scheifele getting those minutes.
And no production? To date Burmistrov has not provided any indication he wil produce points at the C position.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

Bad news- we are gonna get slapped around tonight

Good News- we know we're gonna get slapped around...if you brace yourself for it, it does'nt hurt so much.

OT: I just went to Woody's BBQ for lunch and it's pretty good. Not Loveys but pretty good

Old
02-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
That's the best....

i can't believe no one liked my joke....

Old
02-01-2013, 03:24 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningwood View Post
Bad news- we are gonna get slapped around tonight

Good News- we know we're gonna get slapped around...if you brace yourself for it, it does'nt hurt so much.

OT: I just went to Woody's BBQ for lunch and it's pretty good. Not Loveys but pretty good
Yeah, this is pretty much what I'm thinking. I'm about 98% positive we're going to get stomped tonight (always have that 2% of hope!). If we do get stomped though, I hope it's from the very start. I'm hoping we don't get off to a good start, score a few goals and then let in oh, say 5 in a row. Those are the worst.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
And no production? To date Burmistrov has not provided any indication he wil produce points at the C position.
I think his posession numbers have been quite good, but generally he seems to suffer form a terrible on ice shot %- which generally means bad luck.

That being said, i'll agree that at some point you have to **** or get off the pot.

THAT being said, Burmi's young enough that i still definitely believe he should be able to become a 40-50 pt player.

He also provided in a short stertch last season that he could produce...i can't remember if he was playing C or wing though then to be honest.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:27 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
That's the best....

i can't believe no one liked my joke....
I did but Sully would just think I'm trying to congratulate myself...
Speaking of Sully:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I don't. Your totally that guy sitting there with the program and pencil writing everything down, and pushing your recommendations to Noel through the space in the glass.
Honestly I'd contemplate dropping out of school if I could run the advance statistics department for TNSE

Old
02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
And Scheifele has shown what exactly? Burmi hasnt had a chance to play a top 6 role this year, but he's earned it over Scheifele.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I'm almost contemplating not running stats for this pre-game

Old
02-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
And Scheifele has shown what exactly? Burmi hasnt had a chance to play a top 6 role this year, but he's earned it over Scheifele.
have to agree with that- though neither have been given much of an opportunity from NoELC to do it. At this point it would be nice to juggle burmi, schiefele, and Antro through those three spots (2c, 3c, 3rw)

and yes, i'm going to force this one out there until i get the response i feel i deserve.

Quote:
are you ill?

Old
02-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Between this and Lynk's only lukewarm prediction of Hainsey's performance, we're really hitting some low points.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Honestly I agree with everyone.
I think even offensively Burmistrov has shown more than Scheifele... but I would want Scheifele play some meaningful minutes soon... I don't really care about this game but I think Scheifele should be placed in the top 9 for our next two home games.

Kane-Jokinen-Wheeler
Ladd- A - Little
Poni - B - C
Wright - Slater - Thorburn/Wellwood/Peluso

A,B,C = cycle Scheifele, Antropov and Burmistrov through those three lines giving softer minutes to whomever has scheifele on it.
Personally I would place Wellwood on the 4th line. Wright and Slater are enough grit to be energy wise and Wellwood has actually so far kept the best possession numbers on the team so far but he has been pushed into the Ozone quite a bit... I would like to see if Wellwood can keep heavily out-chancing his opponents when pushed into the Dzone with two dump and chase guys... it could actually turn out good. I've noticed that a lot of times with the third line when Poni or Burmi forecheck and board battle Welly has sneakily been at the right place to steal the puck as the opposing d man has been forced to pass blind.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I wouldn't categorize MacT as any more of a winner than Noel. At time of hiring MacT had a 0.529 winning percentage as an NHL head coach.

Noel had a 0.542 winning percentage as an NHL head caoch (granted it was a partial season) and a 0.6275 percentage as an AHL head coach over 5 full seasons)
I was more referring to his success as a player - MacTavish has 3 or 4 Stanley Cup rings. And he did coach the Oilers to the Finals as well.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:47 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Aren't you always talking about sample size? Gotta take your own advice and not let a two game sample size get you bummed.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
i love these paint gdt's

go jets go!

Old
02-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Not confident about today's game at all, but GO JETS GO nonetheless!

Old
02-01-2013, 04:05 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Schefele has shown he has been able to produce at a better rate than Burmistrov when comparing similar stages of their careers.

How has Burmistrov earned this? By contributing and generating offense with the pretty significant on ice minutes he has had?

Nice puck rag on his goal , but it was a very very soft goal and should never have gone in , imo. Unfortunately he has not , yet , shown he can generate offense. That doesn't detract from his positives , but just how has he shown he should be a #2 C ?

Old
02-01-2013, 04:13 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Aren't you always talking about sample size? Gotta take your own advice and not let a two game sample size get you bummed.
Good point... So I did it... but the stats did get me bummed too haha but I'll post in a second here.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Schefele has shown he has been able to produce at a better rate than Burmistrov when comparing similar stages of their careers.

How has Burmistrov earned this? By contributing and generating offense with the pretty significant on ice minutes he has had?

Nice puck rag on his goal , but it was a very very soft goal and should never have gone in , imo. Unfortunately he has not , yet , shown he can generate offense. That doesn't detract from his positives , but just how has he shown he should be a #2 C ?
well... when burmi's on the ice, he's faced tougher competition them mark did, while having a better shot differential then mark did.

so right now we have
a player who hasn't been given an offensive opportunity, hasn't gotten points, but out chances his opponents

and we have
a player who hasn't been given even less offensive opportunity, hasn't gotten points, and hasn't out-chanced his opponents.

The only way Schiefele draws better is because he's had less opportunity to dissapoint. I love both but if burmi hasn't "earned" the opportunity to take the second line draws then Schiefele definitly hasn't.

Im definitly in the camp that it would be great to juggle the two and antro through their respective positions (maybe burmi on the PK, schiefele on the PP) etc.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:26 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:

How has Burmistrov earned this? By contributing tand generating offense with the pretty significant on ice minutes he has had?

Burmi has earned his chance at #2 c by being a decent #3 center on an NHL team? What has Scheifele done? Played big minutes in Barrie and get drafted high? Burmi did those too.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:38 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Im sure the MODs would be able to answer this but has anyone else noticed our GDT are consistently 700+ posts? I swear its up from last year. We must have more members on board I love it!

Old
02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Boom! Crackle!
LineRelQoCOZSCorsiRelCorsiOnP/60OnIceSh%
1st line 1.264 52.0 14.1 -04.11 09.30 16.64
2nd line 0.477 47.3 05.6 -09.23 12.20 15.59
3rd line 1.089 49.3 -06.9 -21.66 10.54 22.62
4th line 0.266 21.5 -13.7 -24.12 03.63 06.44

1st pair 0.370 44.2 -20.0 -15.85 04.10 15.90
2nd pair 0.938 42.6 23.3 01.88 02.62 12.08
3rd pair 1.067 43.2 -18.9 -18.87 01.66 11.33
The Good: TBL are currently the 3rd worst Fenwick/Corsi/possession team in the East and have a lot of nice puck luck lately (ya right their 2nd and 3rd line is good enough to basically score on every 4/5th shot... OK!); every forward on their team has been out-chanced when on the ice, except for Stamkos... their bottom6 (sh% aside) is pretty terrible.
The Bad: Doesn't help the Jets much since they are currently the 2nd worst Fenwick/Corsi/possession team in the East, who just lost against the worst team and have ALSO a lot of bad puck luck that with Murphy's law won't bounce back until it's too late; oh and our team also only has one forward who hasn't been out-chanced (Wellwood)...
The Ugly: ignore the puck luck on TBL first line... that isn't luck... that is Stamkos... he (and other elites like Malkin and Crosby) has made a career in keeping that number that high and keeping it there...

BRRRREEEEEEOOOOOWWWWW... crash
LineRelQoCOZSCorsiRelCorsiOnP/60OnIceSh%
KJWh 0.679 51.7 03.1 -03.44 4.11 5.66
LAL 2.032 51.7 03.1 -03.55 4.93 7.74
PBW -0.153 48.4 11.3 00.34 2.73 6.68
WST -0.867 46.5 -11.9 -16.25 3.62 6.06
note: I'm not doing our defence due to it being in shambles and also Redmond hasn't been created into the system yet
The Good: for the competition level LAL is fighting against and the poor puck luck Antro has in sh%, this line isn't doing too bad, relative to the rest... our OnIceSh% are all abysmal so we should actually expect more pucks in the net than what we've been getting...
The Bad: our shots/chances against has pushed all of our forward lines into the red (exception of PBW due to Welly being in the black and really Burmi is only in the red by a decimal point)... oh and Enstrom is almost in the red for the first time I've ever seen in his career...
The Ugly: Hainsey and Stuart's even strength goals against is bound to drop bad... currently Pavelec+Montoya holds a 0.984 and 0.967 SV% respectively when they are on the ice, and that will not stay forever... oh ya and Pavelec+Montoya hold a 0.854 SV% when Clitsome is on the ice... SV% is part luck, part goalie skill, and part the players on the ice skill... Hainsey usually has above average OnIceSv% because he can close the high threat lanes, but that is way too high to be realistically stable... Clitsome is pulling a Byfuglien by given high threat situations to the other team which in turn creates a low OnIceSv%, but that is ridiculously low to be realistically stable...

SUMMARY:
Bring back Bogosian and Byfuglien and I honestly think this team could beat any team in the league ...
Without them... the only way we win is by Pavelec... Without our top3 D intact we become a team that lives and die by goaltending...

Last edited by garret9: 02-01-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

vCash: 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I hope my bro in Whyte Ridge feels better soon.
Who's that? That's where I used to live back in the day I was actually google street creepin' my old stompin' grounds today. Southbend Cres represent!

Any word if the defensive pairs will stay the same tonight? I'd also like to see Scheifele in the lineup, I think he could help bring some energy.

Closed Thread