HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zack Kassian Appreciation Thread: Cody Who?

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 07:52 AM
YouCantYandleThis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Yesterday was the first time ive ever posted there, unless you're talking about someone else who rhymes with Fluke Glordom
His campaign to uphold all Canucks fans as a shining image of sportsmanship seems to do more damage than good sometimes to be honest.

Especially when a majority of posts involve a not-so-subtle dig or brag.

I guess someone's gotta represent..

Old
02-01-2013, 07:57 AM
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Reading the Sabres board, they seem pretty sensitive now. All summer and during the trade it was all smiles because they thought they won the trade. One even went as far as to state that Foligno is better at every facet of the game than Kassian. ya ok.

Now they're including the Sulzer - Gragnani in the trade. Umm ok....

When the Sedins get in sync, I think we're going to see Kass get a pretty good amount of assists.
To be fair, Sulzer is probably one of the most underrated NHLers right now. But yeah... we traded a weak undersized entitled cancer for one of the best power forward prospects in the world.

I've enjoyed reading the Buffalo board because Hodgson is like a slow acting plague. The slow sense of fear and dread that Hodgson isn't what they thought he was starting to wash over the Sabres nation is awesome.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:37 AM
mechaphil

Send a message via AIM to mechaphil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
I've enjoyed reading the Buffalo board because Hodgson is like a slow acting plague. The slow sense of fear and dread that Hodgson isn't what they thought he was starting to wash over the Sabres nation is awesome.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hodgson get dished at the deadline if Grigorenko continues to develop and ends up finding chemistry with Vanek and Pominville. Darcy Regier is a guy who loves "his guys" and Hodgson is just a guy he traded for.

That being said, he's been good for the Sabres on the top line although it's obvious that the production is really due to Vanek and Pominville having one of the raddest bromances in the league going back to early last season. Right now, the trade is even when you compare production and circumstances (top line, playing with established stars, PPG pace) but in the end Hodgson may not have a future with the Sabres while Kassian has a bright future with the Canucks as the current third Sedin.

The specter of consistency looms over his head, being that it's only been half a dozen games or so, but he's looked real good. BZK, baby.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:25 AM
zman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaphil View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hodgson get dished at the deadline if Grigorenko continues to develop and ends up finding chemistry with Vanek and Pominville. Darcy Regier is a guy who loves "his guys" and Hodgson is just a guy he traded for.

That being said, he's been good for the Sabres on the top line although it's obvious that the production is really due to Vanek and Pominville having one of the raddest bromances in the league going back to early last season. Right now, the trade is even when you compare production and circumstances (top line, playing with established stars, PPG pace) but in the end Hodgson may not have a future with the Sabres while Kassian has a bright future with the Canucks as the current third Sedin.

The specter of consistency looms over his head, being that it's only been half a dozen games or so, but he's looked real good. BZK, baby.
Huh? What? utter nonsense. Sabres fans are thrilled with Hodgson. PLaying between Poms and Vanek has made both guys even more dangerous. This is one of the best lines in hockey right now. Please, they are not trading him. And I am happy to suffer through a few minus plays to get more goal scoring. I like Hodgson and Kassian. Wishing the best for both and the trade has been great for both.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Doobie Dubois

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Huh? What? utter nonsense. Sabres fans are thrilled with Hodgson. PLaying between Poms and Vanek has made both guys even more dangerous. This is one of the best lines in hockey right now. Please, they are not trading him. And I am happy to suffer through a few minus plays to get more goal scoring. I like Hodgson and Kassian. Wishing the best for both and the trade has been great for both.
I dunno. I've watched a lot of Sabres games so far and he'll make a good play here and there and puts himself in good positions but he makes worse plays on the defensive side. I've been impressed with Grigo and if he continues to develop Hodgson will find himself down the depth chart. Hodgson hasn't improved much over the last three years. I hope for your sake he starts to.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
To be fair, Sulzer is probably one of the most underrated NHLers right now. But yeah... we traded a weak undersized entitled cancer for one of the best power forward prospects in the world.

Absolutely spot on. While we have the Kassian appreciation thread, they have a thread wondering whether they would do that trade again.

Be interesting to see what happens in the Hodgson camp when Grigorenko passes him on the depth chart.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:08 AM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Quote:
But yeah... we traded a weak undersized entitled cancer for one of the best power forward prospects in the world.

I don't think many if any are saying this but ok..

Most Sabres fans havent changed their tune since Kassian was was dealt, Regier knew the potential that he was giving up and felt it was worth it to get a very good young center in return. I like the move for both.

Last edited by 1972: 02-01-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old
02-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Bleach Clean

As long as it ends up being fair for both sides, don't care.

I just don't want it to end up a Ballard situation where no one knows if we are going to recoup the value given up when he eventually gets dealt. (Probably not, but you never know).

Old
02-01-2013, 11:36 AM
duplo
prince kasspian

People are exaggerating Hodgson's faults. He hasn't been great defensively (by any means), but he's a 22 year old kid centering a 1st line in the NHL. Despite all of the cynicism, he's got 6 points in 7 games with a plus/minus of 0. I'm not saying he's going to get nominated for the Selke anytime soon, but his defensive game will round into form with age.

The ******** is embarrassing. Just be stoked on Kassian.

Last edited by duplo: 02-01-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by duplo View Post
People are exaggerating Hodgson's faults. He hasn't been great defensively (by any means), but he's a 22 year old kid centering a 1st line in the NHL. Despite all of the cynicism, he's got 6 points in 7 games with a plus/minus of 0. I'm not saying he's going to get nominated for the Selke anytime soon, but his defensive game will round into form with age.

The ******** is embarrassing. Just be stoked on Kassian. I am.

The resentment comes from what Hodgson did outside of hockey, mostly. I think everyone understands that Hodgson doing well only helps confirm that this team is now able to draft in the 1st round again. His success affirms VAN's drafting. However, it's his personality/history that have gotten people to root against him here.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
duplo
prince kasspian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The resentment comes from what Hodgson did outside of hockey, mostly. I think everyone understands that Hodgson doing well only helps confirm that this team is now able to draft in the 1st round again. His success affirms VAN's drafting. However, it's his personality/history that have gotten people to root against him here.
And I can understand that. It's just that it's still ongoing. Every time Kassian exceeds, it's mired in this excessive pettiness about Hodgson. Who cares about that butthole?

Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
BloatedGuppy

What are you guys on? I popped over to the Sabres board after reading this thread and they are as bullish on Hodgson as ever. As they should be after last night.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
IComeInPeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I don't think many if any are saying this but ok..

Most Sabres fans havent changed their tune since Kassian was was dealt, Regier knew the potential that he was giving up and felt it was worth it to get a very good young center in return. I like the move for both.
And, many of us Canuck fans don't look at Cody like that either. He's a good young player, with a bright future.
I'm glad we have Kassian though, but that is not a reflection o any negativity I harbour towards Cody. Just love Kass.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:48 PM
duplo
prince kasspian

from canucks.com:

Old
02-01-2013, 12:59 PM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

^ And there is the motivation I need to finish my Kassian video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
I've seen a decent amount saying he's semi riding coattails. That and his defensive game has been atrocious. Of course Myers and Leo aren't helping, but still.

Last edited by HighAndTight: 02-01-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 01:08 PM
SniggidySnipes

"Kassassin" gee where have i heard that before...

Old
02-01-2013, 01:42 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
^ And there is the motivation I need to finish my Kassian video.

I've seen a decent amount saying he's semi riding coat tales. That and his defensive game has been atrocious. Of course Myers and Leo aren't helping, but still.
Umm that is one poster who has had some different views in the past, right or wrong this is not what fans are saying. Again he defensive game has been fine, much improved from last year, but he still has work to do.

Last edited by 1972: 02-01-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Umm that is one poster who has had some different views in the past, right or wrong this is not what fans are saying. Again he defensive game has been fine, much improved from last year, but he still has work to do.

No, his defensive game most certainly has not been fine. At one point, he was on for 10 of his team's 14 total goals against. Game after game, the reason for breakdown after breakdown. Just last game, he was on for 3 goals against, one a direct breakdown on his part.

His offense is good though. He's always had that. Good reads and makes sure he's in position to shoot/be a threat. Goes to the net etc... But defensively, he's got a _lot_ of work ahead of him. A lot.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:24 PM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

Quote:
Yeah I know the poster you are talking about. I shouldn't have said "decent amount" that was hyperbole on my part, just "some".

Old
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
trytobe

Guys we are trying way too hard to knock CoHo down to make Kassian look awesome when we don't really have to. Regardless of how CoHo is doing, we've gotten great value in that trade in Kassian.

I'm trying to phrase this as tactfully as I can, but frankly it's a little embarassing reading through the last page and a half of this thread with a bunch of us all agreeing that Buffalo fans are clearly regretting the trade - this is obviously not the case. Remember how bullish we all were on Hodgson last season (pre-trade) even though we realized his defensive weakness? It is really exciting to have a young dynamic scorer on your team, and I don't really understand why people here are so obsessed with taking that excitement away from the Sabre fans.

I don't think any Sabre fans are heralding CoHo as the next coming of Kesler or Zetterberg defensively, but you can't in good conscience deny that the kid is producing offensively. Whether he's riding Vanek and Pominville's coattails or not is irrelevant in my opinion since we saw him carry our second PP line on his back last year when it was really struggling without him. CoHo is going to be a good NHLer and I have no ill will towards him for it.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Alan Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by trytobe View Post
Guys we are trying way too hard to knock CoHo down to make Kassian look awesome when we don't really have to. Regardless of how CoHo is doing, we've gotten great value in that trade in Kassian.

I'm trying to phrase this as tactfully as I can, but frankly it's a little embarassing reading through the last page and a half of this thread with a bunch of us all agreeing that Buffalo fans are clearly regretting the trade - this is obviously not the case. Remember how bullish we all were on Hodgson last season (pre-trade) even though we realized his defensive weakness? It is really exciting to have a young dynamic scorer on your team, and I don't really understand why people here are so obsessed with taking that excitement away from the Sabre fans.

I don't think any Sabre fans are heralding CoHo as the next coming of Kesler or Zetterberg defensively, but you can't in good conscience deny that the kid is producing offensively. Whether he's riding Vanek and Pominville's coattails or not is irrelevant in my opinion since we saw him carry our second PP line on his back last year when it was really struggling without him. CoHo is going to be a good NHLer and I have no ill will towards him for it.
Agree completely with this post. More to the point, if the trade had occured in reverse, and both players were playing exactly the same, a lot of these posters would be ripping Kassian and praising Hodgson. Cheering for laundry.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
What are you guys on? I popped over to the Sabres board after reading this thread and they are as bullish on Hodgson as ever. As they should be after last night.
Yeah, I think both camps are pretty happy with this at this point and time (at least with respect to on-ice performance).

And really, it's always struck me how Hodgson's teammates said nothing bad about Hodgson the person, and most of the criticism seemed to come from MG and AV with respect to Hodgson's camp (family, agent, etc.)

The manner in which Hodgson had to depart left a sour taste in a lot of mouths, for sure, but he's still an excellent young player with very high upside. Noteable gaps in his game, yes, but plenty of time to address them.

Anyways - from our perspective, I'm extraordinarily happy with the start Kassian has had. Both in terms of his offense and his physical nature.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

I don't know why other people are so obsessed with going to other teams boards...BUT.

I don't see why we have to be "classy" about it. He is a player on another team and we really have the right to feel the way we do with Coho and Kassian and CoHo vs Kassian.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:54 PM
TheDiver*

Quote:
They havent had his whining, daddy phoning GM, agent firing antics yet. Just wait.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
It comes in waves. There was a lot of hand-wringing when he was on the ice for a ton of goals against and didn't score for a few games. Now he has a 3 point game thanks to Vanek and he's the golden boy again.

Closed Thread