HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz/Goaltending Thread #7

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
that's fine to look at but what has his cap hit deterred us from affording so far? look at what we were about to give weber. i feel like everyone worries about the cap except the one guy who should. its just funny.
It's changed the way teams are built and placed a lot of value on affordable guys. The Pens and Caps, for instance, have a crapload of cap space tied up in very few players. That affects their ability to build depth.

On the other hand, our defense constructed via FA instead of the draft is the most expensive in the league, without getting matching results. We also don't have the cap space to fix that stuff as a related result.

Edit: oops, misread. you said HIS cap hit. Well...who knows? He's worth his cap hit right now, but what about in 4ish years? Look at the complications Chicago had with Huet.

01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by saindon View Post
bryz has been playing very well.

9th in the league with a 2.19 gaa
10th with a save % of .924

if we could score, we would not be 2-5.

This is the bryz we paid for and wanted to see last year.
t h i s

Old
01-30-2013, 06:33 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanon View Post
Gif only...

Saw this live when I was watching the game last night. I have liked Bryz more this season than I did all of last season. He seems to have his head on straight.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM
FlyersFan61290

Wish I had the balls to buy a Bryz jersey. I just don't wanna get stuck with a jersey of another player not on the current roster. Bought a Gags jersey he's traded shortly thereafter, bought a Richie jersey he gets traded. If I get a Bryz jersey he's probably get bought out. I play the position so I've wanted a flyers goalie jersey for a while now, last one I bought was a Niitty jersey like 8 yrs ago.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Wish I had the balls to buy a Bryz jersey. I just don't wanna get stuck with a jersey of another player not on the current roster. Bought a Gags jersey he's traded, bought a Richie jersey he gets traded. If I get a Bryz jersey he's probably get bought out. I play the position so I've wanted a flyers goalie jersey for a while now, last one I bought was a Niitty jersey like 8 yrs ago.
Go with Leighton. The guy is like a gypsy curse we can't get rid of. He'll probably still be around after Bryz leaves.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Go with Leighton. The guy is like a gypsy curse we can't get rid of. He'll probably still be around after Bryz leaves.
Yeah, but then you actually have to wear it.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:38 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Yeah, but then you actually have to wear it.
I'd rather wear a Brodeur jersey. I respect him as a future HOFer but I still hate him. And considering he plays for the devils that should tell you how feel about Leighton.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
are you trying to make me go crazy...

Old
01-30-2013, 11:17 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Wish I had the balls to buy a Bryz jersey. I just don't wanna get stuck with a jersey of another player not on the current roster. Bought a Gags jersey he's traded shortly thereafter, bought a Richie jersey he gets traded. If I get a Bryz jersey he's probably get bought out. I play the position so I've wanted a flyers goalie jersey for a while now, last one I bought was a Niitty jersey like 8 yrs ago.
be a real freak and get a laforest alumni jersey from last year. and in reality that's a jersey you could be proud of. i really do think people that wear leighton shirts or , and i haven't seen to many of these but i hear they exist, jerseys are "special".

Old
01-31-2013, 08:00 AM
spudnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINDON View Post
Bryz has been playing very well.

9th in the league with a 2.19 GAA
10th with a Save % of .924

If we could score, we would not be 2-5.

This is the Bryz we paid for and wanted to see last year.
Bobrovsky:

2.40 GAA
.922 SV%

Playing for Columbus

Cap hit 1.75

This is not a knock on Bryz because he has been good/great but could easily revert back to last year. Honestly I have no faith he can keep this play up all year but I can give him his dues for his play right now. If Holmgren would have just waited and been patient we could have a great goalie in Bob and only 23 years old. Now we have a Jekyl/Hide goalie until he is 40 years old at 5.6 per. Again, not a knock on him because he has been playing great but if I were the Flyers I would still serioulsy consider buying him out if not this summer next.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:15 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
Bobrovsky:

2.40 GAA
.922 SV%

Playing for Columbus

Cap hit 1.75

This is not a knock on Bryz because he has been good/great but could easily revert back to last year. Honestly I have no faith he can keep this play up all year but I can give him his dues for his play right now. If Holmgren would have just waited and been patient we could have a great goalie in Bob and only 23 years old. Now we have a Jekyl/Hide goalie until he is 40 years old at 5.6 per. Again, not a knock on him because he has been playing great but if I were the Flyers I would still serioulsy consider buying him out if not this summer next.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:52 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Bobrovsky:

2.40 GAA
.922 SV%

Playing for Columbus

Cap hit 1.75

Maybe this is Bryz reverting back to his days as an all-star goaltender in Phoenix, perhaps?

01-31-2013, 10:53 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
be a real freak and get a laforest alumni jersey from last year. and in reality that's a jersey you could be proud of. i really do think people that wear leighton shirts or , and i haven't seen to many of these but i hear they exist, jerseys are "special".
I sat with a girl at a bar during a Flyers playoff game either last year or the year before who had a Leighton jersey. She didn't seem to understand what was going on, so I think you have a case.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Prongo
Beer

What I can't stand right now is people on twitter comparing Bryz stats right now to other elite goalies stats(Rinne, Lundy, Quick). We do realize we are 7 games into the season. Now I hope that Bryz keeps this up, but can we have the entire season play out before bragging about those numbers compared to other goalies please.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:58 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I've started buying jerseys of players I like after they're gone.

Had Lindros --> hurt. Primeau --> hurt. Gagne --> gone. Richards --> traded. Pronger --> hurt.

Just got Carter last season and then vanRiemsdyk this past Christmas. I'll probably get a Timonen if he retires.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
CootaRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
are you trying to make me go crazy...

You were president of the Leighton fan club (note: membership of 1) for how long? Yet it only took one game for you to abolish it and abondon him?

If you're going to be illogical at least maintain your integrity and see it through!

Old
01-31-2013, 01:00 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
What I can't stand right now is people on twitter comparing Bryz stats right now to other elite goalies stats(Rinne, Lundy, Quick). We do realize we are 7 games into the season. Now I hope that Bryz keeps this up, but can we have the entire season play out before bragging about those numbers compared to other goalies please.
hey man, were paying him to have those numbers. people are just proud. its the only bright spot so far this year anyway. gotta focus on something good.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Saw this live when I was watching the game last night. I have liked Bryz more this season than I did all of last season. He seems to have his head on straight.
yup. sounds odd: calm, cool, Bryz: team leader .....

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 02-01-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
You were president of the Leighton fan club (note: membership of 1) for how long? Yet it only took one game for you to abolish it and abondon him?

If you're going to be illogical at least maintain your integrity and see it through!
i guess u missed my post explaining what im doing.

cant explain now karma gods might be watching

Old
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
SolidSnakeUS

It's weird, before this season started, I REALLY wanted a Giroux "C" jersey (still do) but I'm really considering a Bryz Winter Classic jersey.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:43 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
It's weird, before this season started, I REALLY wanted a Giroux "C" jersey (still do) but I'm really considering a Bryz Winter Classic jersey.
go for that **** man. their cooler than the home orange so if your goin for an orange. i just wish they'd wear them again. don't bandwagon tho. own that mother fother.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Bobrovsky:

2.40 GAA
.922 SV%

Playing for Columbus

Cap hit 1.75

Haha. Just be happy the guy's playing well at the moment. We can start to knock him again when he starts playing poorly.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Haha. Just be happy the guy's playing well at the moment. We can start to knock him again when he starts playing poorly.
I'm just lookin at your name and i was just playin NHL 97 on sega. (yea, I'm a loser) but i just got lit up twice by the god am legion of doom. lindros from leclair and renberg, then renberg from lelcair and lindros. yea, i know its like a time warp ova here! i was the penguins. that's right, j. jagr fool

Old
02-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Why the hell were you playing as the Pens against the Flyers!?

Old
02-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Why the hell were you playing as the Pens against the Flyers!?
So he can justify playing "Dude Looks like a Lady" in his room.

Closed Thread