HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Hearing rumors about Eller going to chicago for either Stalberg or Bickell. Not a big fan of this i would ask for danault plus 2nd Eller still has some good value.

Stalberg plus 2nd could be interesting too since Stalberg is a player capable of playing top 6 minutes when needed.
That actually sounds like a plausible trade. I like both Stalberg and Bickell... I'd still rather keep the younger Eller... but now that Galchenyuk is here to stay, I could see the Habs making this move. I'd like to see them give Eller or Desharnais more time to see if they can adjust to the wing before pulling the trigger.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Hearing rumors about Eller going to chicago for either Stalberg or Bickell. Not a big fan of this i would ask for danault plus 2nd Eller still has some good value.

Stalberg plus 2nd could be interesting too since Stalberg is a player capable of playing top 6 minutes when needed.
And these rumors are coming from???

Old
02-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

Danault and Fournier works for me. I'd be willing to add Nashville's 2nd to even it up.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I can't speak for the OP, but I'm looking at this one like speculation. In that light, it looks much more plausible than most speculation. The Habs have decided that Galchenyuk is here to stay, and are having some difficulty deciding how Eller fits into the lineup. Chicago needs another center for the 2nd or 3rd line. The Hawks have committed to a top heavy team, they have most likely accepted that they will not be getting a top 2nd center, they will have to settle for a player with some warts, but hopefully also some upside. Our new GM comes from Chicago, he knows their players.

FWIW, I'd rather get Frolik.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Beendair Donedat

I'd love to get McNeil coming back if Eller were dealt. A big right handed center prospect that can score, hit and fight? It would be nice to have Plekanec, Galchenyuk and McNeil down the middle.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The Habs' biggest need, after a natural goals' scorer, is a centerman who can actually win faceoffs.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:40 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The Habs' biggest need, after a natural goals' scorer, is a centerman who can actually win faceoffs.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Just some random twitter sources but it looks plausible.

Bergevin as tides with the hawks and it was Gauthier that made the Halak deal. So maybe he advised the hawks of Eller potential.

I wouldn't trade him now but let's say if he is in the doghouse for real i could settle for either Stalberg 2nd, Danautl 2nd or Mcneill 1st i'm not sold on him.

I guess the hawks would likely give us Stalberg but then who would be the odd man out?

Stalberg Galchenyuk Gallagher would be a nice line indeed.

But still i like Eller a lot don't want to move him if the offer is not really good.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Eklund says Paajarvi Ellerby and Mason could be had at a resuced price...worth it?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...idates/1/48962

Weber for Ellerby or Paajarvi might be an option?

Old
02-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Just some random twitter sources but it looks plausible.

Bergevin as tides with the hawks and it was Gauthier that made the Halak deal. So maybe he advised the hawks of Eller potential.

I wouldn't trade him now but let's say if he is in the doghouse for real i could settle for either Stalberg 2nd, Danautl 2nd or Mcneill 1st i'm not sold on him.

I guess the hawks would likely give us Stalberg but then who would be the odd man out?

Stalberg Galchenyuk Gallagher would be a nice line indeed.

But still i like Eller a lot don't want to move him if the offer is not really good.
Your sources are probably hockey ********, or that bob loser.

Second, Eller isn't worth Danault and a 2nd, or McNeill and a 1st.

Third. Stalhberg puts up similar, if not better production than Eller with similar circumstances.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Miller Time

Flames ownership are likely too stubborn to ever go through with a full rebuild... but if they did, I'd be thrilled to land Giordano.

something around Eller/Weber for Giordano could be pretty solid for both teams value/need-wise, imo.

moving forward with a defense of :

Subban - Giordano
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz

would easily put us into the top- 3-5 defensive groups in the league... a perfect mix of defensive grit and offensive skill from the back end, and pretty cap friendly to boot.

with Price behind them & Beaulieu/Tinordi/Ellis/Bennett/Thrower/Dietz as young guys waiting in the wings/being allowed to slowly develop in the AHL... we'd be set for years to come!

Old
02-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Your sources are probably hockey ********, or that bob loser.

Second, Eller isn't worth Danault and a 2nd, or McNeill and a 1st.

Third. Stalhberg puts up similar, if not better production than Eller with similar circumstances.
That's why i am saying a great offer, plus Stalberg is 3 years older than Eller it is a major difference. Eller will be better than Stalberg is at 26 so yes they need to add.

Mcneil is not a great prospect probably be a 3rd liner so they need to add to because Eller is already a good 3rd line center with ceiling.Maybe not a 1st but their first will be close to a 2nd rounder probably so.

Danault is looking more like a grinder then a sniper so i guess the value would be about the same as Eller right now.

I'm not against Stalberg but again not 1 for 1.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Maxpac

I'd be haply with Philippe Danault and either Beach or Boilig for Eller. Danault seems like a prospect with big potential. If that's not enough then package Eller for the big prize, Teravainen..

Old
02-02-2013, 01:01 AM
DAChampion

Desharnais, a second rounder, for terevainen.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:30 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
That actually sounds like a plausible trade. I like both Stalberg and Bickell... I'd still rather keep the younger Eller... but now that Galchenyuk is here to stay, I could see the Habs making this move. I'd like to see them give Eller or Desharnais more time to see if they can adjust to the wing before pulling the trigger.
Why would we want Stalberg?

Old
02-02-2013, 06:44 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'd be haply with Philippe Danault and either Beach or Boilig for Eller. Danault seems like a prospect with big potential. If that's not enough then package Eller for the big prize, Teravainen..
I love to land Teravainen. Just because Timmins tried so hard to trade up in first round to draft him. He should be good

Old
02-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Interesting, during Jets game they said Antopov loves playing in Montreal because of the atmosphere and has 80 points in 80 career games here. He's a big bodied centerman who is responsible defensively, 53% face off percentage. Chip in 50-55 points, a UFA doubt asking price will be high. A good fit between Cole and Pacioretty?

Last edited by Mats86: 02-02-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old
02-02-2013, 10:20 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I think this team lacks some speed up front, they could use him in my opinion.

Danault I'm not too crazy about because the Habs already have similar players in Bournival and Leblanc. It'd be redundant.

I'd like to take a chance on Beach. I certainly would not give Eller for him though.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Because he's a north-south winger with a ton of speed, who knows his role. I take it you're not a fan of his?

Old
02-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I love to land Teravainen. Just because Timmins tried so hard to trade up in first round to draft him. He should be good
Trade up from third overall?

Old
02-02-2013, 03:33 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Because he's a north-south winger with a ton of speed, who knows his role. I take it you're not a fan of his?
No, just not familiar with him.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:59 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Anaheim needs PMDs...and I wouldn't mind having Koivu back on our team

Saku

for

Kaberle + 4th round pick 2013

Assuming we're making the playoffs, he would be good on the 3rd line come trade deadline day and he could also retire with us.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gallagher - Galchenyuk - Koivu
Prust - Eller - Moen

White/Armstong

This would give us a true 3rd scoring line and a much better 4th line with Prust and Eller on 4th. Prust would only be there for the playoffs and can hit and contribute on the scoreboard just like Moen. I noticed Eller also started hitting more since he got called up, and he could set up Prust and Moen.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:23 PM
DAChampion

Koivu is a good player for anaheim... A second line center, they eould want a good package, not an agglomeration of garbage.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Anaheim needs PMDs...and I wouldn't mind having Koivu back on our team

Saku

for

Kaberle + 4th round pick 2013

Assuming we're making the playoffs, he would be good on the 3rd line come trade deadline day and he could also retire with us.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gallagher - Galchenyuk - Koivu
Prust - Eller - Moen

White/Armstong

This would give us a true 3rd scoring line and a much better 4th line with Prust and Eller on 4th. Prust would only be there for the playoffs and can hit and contribute on the scoreboard just like Moen. I noticed Eller also started hitting more since he got called up, and he could set up Prust and Moen.

I love Koivu. Ever since I was a kid, I grew up while watching Saku. As much as I'd love for him to rightfully retire with us. He left Montreal to be away from the media and our insanity. While also being able to retire peacefully with his family. I don't want him to come back via trade just out of respect for his decision.

If he wants back, he should come back on his own. He doesn't owe us anything. He should be here by his own will.

I'd love to have him back though. Dearly miss him. Glad that Ducks fans appreciate him.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

1,000... Ding-ding-ding...

Closed Thread