HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

2012-2013 Injury Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
  #151
SlyAvs
smokin Joe
 
SlyAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
well played
it not funny Frenchy

SlyAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
  #152
Landeslog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,126
vCash: 500
Dater says that the Avs say it could just be day-to-day

Landeslog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:20 PM
  #153
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,911
vCash: 50
Those pictures make me angry there was no discipline. Hers to hoping its just day to day like dater says.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:23 PM
  #154
SlyAvs
smokin Joe
 
SlyAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WornWithPride View Post
Seems biased and I mean, this comes from a huge fan of landy (looking at the pic, which has been there since his first game) and really, if you look at the fourth picture, you can see the initial point of contact is his shoulder. What followed suit was his arm, which I garante you, once he's hit his shoulder, 95% of the hit has been delivered. If we look at him leaving his feet (next picture) we see his feet still on the ground while landy is already bent backwards.

Anyways, both our minds are set in stone i'm sure about this, so no use dragging it on. I will say that it really sucks to have landy get a concussion (assuming it is) this early in his career. These things tend to come back.
Yes i agree lets move on " Hockey love hurts "

SlyAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
  #155
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
avs1dacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I thought that the following analysis was well put out, people should take a read and look at the pics that accompany it.

http://eurolanche.com/article.php?id=2431
It's terrible analysis. It reeks of bias and isn't even correct. To those saying his head was up, how long do you think there was between the 1st pic(where he's clearly staring at the puck and NOT looking up and seeing Stuart)and the hit? half a second? maybe? He didn't have his head up.

As for the rest:

The 4th pic is when the hit occurs. If his elbow has the sharks logo, then I guess it was elbowing. Problem: it doesn't. Therefore, no elbow.

The 5th pic is AFTER the hit. No crap his feet aren't on the ice. It's called momentum. The energy has to go somewhere. There's a reason so many players are off their skates after a hit: physics.

The 6th pic, once again, is after the hit. The laws of physics(and Stuart trying to keep his balance)cause his arm to come up. His elbow is on his arm thus the flailing.

As for the rule, there is NOTHING stating that the head cannot be hit at all. The blindside part of the rule no longer exists. As long as the head isn't the PRIMARY point of contact, then it's perfectly legal. This is debatable, but to me, it looked like he hit chest the same time he hit head. The only way to get rid of this debate is to make ANY hit to the head illegal. Until then, nothing wrong with a good hard hockey hit.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:32 PM
  #156
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
Dater says that the Avs say it could just be day-to-day
Hopefully he is just got a sore neck and leg and they are just being careful... that might be hoping too much.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:34 PM
  #157
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.
 
WornWithPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Town in Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
It's terrible analysis. It reeks of bias and isn't even correct. To those saying his head was up, how long do you think there was between the 1st pic(where he's clearly staring at the puck and NOT looking up and seeing Stuart)and the hit? half a second? maybe? He didn't have his head up.

As for the rest:

The 4th pic is when the hit occurs. If his elbow has the sharks logo, then I guess it was elbowing. Problem: it doesn't. Therefore, no elbow.

The 5th pic is AFTER the hit. No crap his feet aren't on the ice. It's called momentum. The energy has to go somewhere. There's a reason so many players are off their skates after a hit: physics.

The 6th pic, once again, is after the hit. The laws of physics(and Stuart trying to keep his balance)cause his arm to come up. His elbow is on his arm thus the flailing.

As for the rule, there is NOTHING stating that the head cannot be hit at all. The blindside part of the rule no longer exists. As long as the head isn't the PRIMARY point of contact, then it's perfectly legal. This is debatable, but to me, it looked like he hit chest the same time he hit head. The only way to get rid of this debate is to make ANY hit to the head illegal. Until then, nothing wrong with a good hard hockey hit.
Coulda just quoted what I said instead :p

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
  #158
StalockSuperfan
Registered User
 
StalockSuperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyAvs View Post
http://eurolanche.com/article.php?id=2431

the head is up and the elbow to the head
I think I can almost make out two hockey players in those pixelated screen shots!

But in all seriousness, best of luck to Landeskog. Great kid and great player. I'm really hoping it's only his leg that's keeping him out and not his head.

StalockSuperfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:34 AM
  #159
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,725
vCash: 500
Still no news to report on Landeskog?! Damn Avs management keeps things tight. I know he got tested today, and he is scheduled to get tested again tomorrow, so can we expect news some time tomorrow?

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:48 AM
  #160
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,030
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Still no news to report on Landeskog?! Damn Avs management keeps things tight. I know he got tested today, and he is scheduled to get tested again tomorrow, so can we expect news some time tomorrow?
Until he is in the line up, the news will be the same from the Avs: Day to day with a head/leg injury. Don't expect them to give any more details or be more specific.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:48 AM
  #161
Foppa Frossa
Registered User
 
Foppa Frossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,398
vCash: 50
I seemed to recall reading that Duchene was expecting Landy back soon, but I can't find any mention of it.

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:55 AM
  #162
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,289
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa Frossa View Post
I seemed to recall reading that Duchene was expecting Landy back soon, but I can't find any mention of it.
he said that Landy will be back soon , in a TV interview between periods on the Flames feed , last night .

Frenchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
  #163
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,930
vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa Frossa View Post
I seemed to recall reading that Duchene was expecting Landy back soon, but I can't find any mention of it.
He said it last night on the Sportsnet Flames broadcast, in between periods.

Bender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:01 AM
  #164
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,627
vCash: 500
canuck broadcast before the canucks game they said he had a broken nose.

Drij is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:24 AM
  #165
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,125
vCash: 50
Duchene is just being vague here.

Coming back some could mean on Saturday or a month from now.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:28 AM
  #166
Goulet17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
adater‏@adater

Weird medical status for Landeskog: day to day, with no timetable.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:35 AM
  #167
Tralfamadore
Back down to earth
 
Tralfamadore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
adater‏@adater

Weird medical status for Landeskog: day to day, with no timetable.
Career's over

Tralfamadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
  #168
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
adater‏@adater

Weird medical status for Landeskog: day to day, with no timetable.
Reminds me of when Forsberg came back one of the times, almost had to wait to see if he was on the ice at pre-game skate, and even then you didn't know if it was for sure he'd be playing.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:03 PM
  #169
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 6,533
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
canuck broadcast before the canucks game they said he had a broken nose.
Thats the 1st I've heard that. I can't imagine he would come back two periods later when it happened, but be out 2 days later with the injury. Also, when was the last time a player missed games due to a broken nose? Usually, they just put a shield on.

hockeyfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:44 PM
  #170
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!
 
RobinDIF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 500
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP
Avs' Gabe Landeskog placed on IR, out indefinitely with head injury

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
  #171
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP
Avs' Gabe Landeskog placed on IR, out indefinitely with head injury
ah Jebus.

That's great for the tank, but our new guys don't get it. They keep scoring goals.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:50 PM
  #172
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,030
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP
Avs' Gabe Landeskog placed on IR, out indefinitely with head injury
Quote:
Avalanche captain Gabe Landeskog has been put on injured reserve and will not play in Saturday afternoon's game against the Edmonton Oilers at the Pepsi Center, coach Joe Sacco said after practice Friday.

Landeskog suffered head and leg injuries in last Saturday's 4-0 loss at San Jose. And although he returned in that game, he missed three ensuing games at Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary. He now only suffers from a head injury, Sacco said, and could return from IR as soon as Monday, but there is no timetable in place.
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...-head#comments

Jones is also out tomorrow. Day to day with a knee injury.

This is unbelievable. Why did it have to be a head injury of all things? **** Brad Stuart. Bordeleau better be in the line up when we play them next.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
  #173
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...-head#comments

Jones is also out tomorrow. Day to day with a knee injury.

This is unbelievable. Why did it have to be a head injury of all things? **** Brad Stuart. Bordeleau better be in the line up when we play them next.
Bordeleau doesn't need to address it with Stuart. ROB already did.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:55 PM
  #174
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,030
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Bordeleau doesn't need to address it with Stuart. ROB already did.
Stuart is healthy and playing. It was nice to see him get his ass beat but it's not enough.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:56 PM
  #175
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Stuart is healthy and playing. It was nice to see him get his ass beat but it's not enough.
Then take him out with a clean hit. I don't condone the dirty **** when it's already been addressed on the ice.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.