HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version III

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 01:25 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
lol are u out of your mind?

i would trade MAYBE percy for jenner straight up, but it would have to be what one u dont like better finn or percy. Jenner isn't as special as people are making him out to be.
He is quite good. If he were on London or Kitchener he would be the best player in the CHL.

He is carrying a line with 2 rookies. Biggs and Dal Colle are decent hockey players, but you could tell the difference when Jenner wasn't there.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:28 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I don't want prospects on the 4th line unless we are only expecting them to be 4th liners in the future

JVR-x-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
Kulemin/Ross-Bozak-Biggs/Ashton
Komarov-McClemment-D'Amigo/Ryan/Devane/Broll

Love Grabo, but I don't see him being here long-term even though he's signed to a long contract. It does depend on what Nonis can do about #1 C hole and if he keeps Bozak though.
there's a choice
which center to trade
grabovsky or bozak

more likely bozak because he's cheaper
and i wouldnt give up on colborne just yet

Old
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
there's a choice
which center to trade
grabovsky or bozak

I personally advocate trading both of them before too long. Dont think either is long for this team longterm.

I view Kadri and Colborne as the 2 and 3 centres in top 9 scoring roles. I like to believe we will find a number one centre that is a real number one centre.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
BertCorbeau
The Sidebartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
I personally advocate trading both of them before too long. Dont think either is long for this team longterm.

I view Kadri and Colborne as the 2 and 3 centres in top 9 scoring roles. I like to believe we will find a number one centre that is a real number one centre.
Colborne's development has slowed down because of his wrist injury from last year, no? Seems like he's getting better, if he can regain his form from last year pre injury I think we'll be in good shape ... I think a line of Lupul - Colborne - Kessel (assuming Phil resigns) could be a very good scoring line, having Joe play a more defensive cycling game and opening space for Kessel

Especially if Kadri can keep progressing and be a consistent 60-70 point centre, and having Grabo as a scoring/checking centre, that gives the Leafs top 9 some great scoring depth

Old
02-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Oh me too, just don't get how he's a player you "Win" with
I think he's referring to the Stanley Cup winning teams over the last three or so years. Los Angeles, Boston and Chicago were full of gritty, hard-working players with offensive upside, which Jenner projects to be. So yes, based on the last 3 years, teams have won with players like these.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:24 PM
ToneBone03
LEAFS

I was just interested in hearing from all of you what you think it would take to get Paajarvi out of Edmonton. He has recently been demoted to the Barons in the AHL once again and I think he still has potential.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneBone03 View Post
I was just interested in hearing from all of you what you think it would take to get Paajarvi out of Edmonton. He has recently been demoted to the Barons in the AHL once again and I think he still has potential.
Just a guess but maybe someone like Franson and something else could get him but I think we're kind of filled on the wings already. Would rather keep Franson at this point.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
WhatASaveDave

Dustin Penner seems to be a healthy scratch now a days for the LA Kings, maybe we should trade a defense man to them for him. This is Penner's final year on his contract.

Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Penner - Grabovski - Kulemin
Frattin - Kadri - Komarov
Brown - Steckle- Orr

Old
02-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneBone03 View Post
Too many quality wingers on this team already. He'll never get a chance to play top 6 with Lupul, Kessel, Kulemin, JvR around.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Too many quality wingers on this team already. He'll never get a chance to play top 6 with Lupul, Kessel, Kulemin, JvR around.
id try to buy him low now. we need skilled guy of his calibre and with Eakins it might just work

02-01-2013, 02:59 PM
BertCorbeau
The Sidebartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
id try to buy him low now. we need skilled guy of his calibre and with Eakins it might just work
Yeah, he's gotten lost in the shuffle there .. Definitely needs some work but could be a good project for Eakins .. I think he'd fit well within the system, asides from his speed and skill he's got good size and a good frame that he just needs to learn how to use more to be more effective .. I think Eakins and Carlyle could bring this out in him

Wonder what the cost would be

Old
02-01-2013, 03:06 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
there's a choice
which center to trade
grabovsky or bozak

Grabo is under valued for what he brings to the team because of his contract, to an extent so is Bozak. The only way I trade Grabo is for an upgrade at the #1 center role and the cap space is needed to fit that player in to keep Bozak over him other wise you don't trade Grabo cause Bozak may be cheaper so IMO your right.

As for Colborne IMO he's a trade chip to use at either the draft in an effort to move up and draft somebody the scouts really like but will be off the board when the Leafs pick or in a package trade to improve the team now. He's not a true #1 center potential to hold on to for too long so trading him like this and restart the development process for another prospect in Colborne's place may be the best decision to make. I may be wrong but I do believe next year he has to clear wavers to be sent down to the AHL so a decision needs to be made come the end of this season either trade him or make room for him if you believe in him to be better for the team than what's already there cause he won't clear wavers somebody will claim him if it comes to that.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Yeah, he's gotten lost in the shuffle there .. Definitely needs some work but could be a good project for Eakins .. I think he'd fit well within the system, asides from his speed and skill he's got good size and a good frame that he just needs to learn how to use more to be more effective .. I think Eakins and Carlyle could bring this out in him

Wonder what the cost would be
Prolly defensemen oriented, or something. Franson? I dunno, I don't want to overpay for him either. As someone mentioned before Bozie to avs for stastny, something around that would be ideal ofc.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:15 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Colorado (at least their fans) don't see any value in those players. They will respond with "Ugh, quantity for quality". But in the real world, that really is a good deal for both teams.
Yep it it. Colorado also would likely still describe Stastny as a 70 point center. But in reality its probably closer to 55.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:18 PM
BertCorbeau
The Sidebartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Yep it it. Colorado also would likely still describe Stastny as a 70 point center. But in reality its probably closer to 55.
They also like to overlook the fact that his cap hit is over $6 mill

Old
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Indeed. I actually made a joke about how Johnny Malkin must really become a Malkin lite for those guys

Old
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Except the Avs don't care about that...it might lower his value to other teams, but we don't have to move Stastny, so it would not lower our asking price. That's something other teams fans seem to overlook.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Except the Avs don't care about that...it might lower his value to other teams, but we don't have to move Stastny, so it would not lower our asking price. That's something other teams fans seem to overlook.
This is likely why he's still an Av - he hasn't cracked 60pts in the past 2 seasons and makes a lot of money. Not many teams are willing to give up what the Avs would be looking for.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
This is likely why he's still an Av - he hasn't cracked 60pts in the past 2 seasons and makes a lot of money. Not many teams are willing to give up what the Avs would be looking for.
Most likely. I'm sure the Avs asking price is far far higher than what other teams would be willing to pay. Why? Things like his contract, which might lower his value to other teams, do not bother us in the slightest.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:53 PM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Stastny is overrated. So is O'Reilly. Come to think of it, so is Duchene. These aren't the Sakic/Forsberg days of Pittsburgh-like center depth.

I hope we avoid any and all transactions with them.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:54 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Most likely. I'm sure the Avs asking price is far far higher than what other teams would be willing to pay. Why? Things like his contract, which might lower his value to other teams, do not bother us in the slightest.
Isn't that just splendid?

Old
02-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Stastny is overrated. So is O'Reilly. Come to think of it, so is Duchene. These aren't the Sakic/Forsberg days of Pittsburgh-like center depth.

I hope we avoid any and all transactions with them.
Not really. Stastny hasn't had good luck due to Avs coach playing him with different wingers and entire team funk. He does it all for them, which is why I want him. Radar's offensive production can be questioned but his defensive presence can't be. Duchene no you ca't overate that guy.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Not really. Stastny hasn't had good luck due to Avs coach playing him with different wingers and entire team funk. He does it all for them, which is why I want him. Radar's offensive production can be questioned but his defensive presence can't be. Duchene no you ca't overate that guy.
I don't buy this at all.

Stastny has declined in production for 3 straight seasons.

The reason he's been playing with diff wingers etc. is because he's been surpassed by both Duchene and ROR on the depth chart. He's not playing with Hejduk etc. anymore. Sure he's good defensively, but I don't consider him to be an upgrade over Grabo at this point.

I'd love to add him, but would be wary of the cost. I think the Avs would want more for him than what he's worth, still living off the fumes from those 70 pt campgains that are well in the rear view mirror.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
I don't buy this at all.

Stastny has declined in production for 3 straight seasons.

The reason he's been playing with diff wingers etc. is because he's been surpassed by both Duchene and ROR on the depth chart. He's not playing with Hejduk etc. anymore. Sure he's good defensively, but I don't consider him to be an upgrade over Grabo at this point.

I'd love to add him, but would be wary of the cost. I think the Avs would want more for him than what he's worth, still living off the fumes from those 70 pt campgains that are well in the rear view mirror.
Actually, he has had opportunities to play with Hejduk...Hejduk is not nearly what he once was though. Age is catching up to him. He is barely a 20 goal scorer at this
point. If that.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Antropovsky

Grabovski is much better at faceoffs now, but I wonder if he's more suited for lw.

Vanriemsdyk bozak kessel
Grabovski Connolly kulemin
Frattin Kadri komarov

Like to see this.

Closed Thread