HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 11:34 PM
  #26
Northern Neighbour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Lets get it over with already and put this team down, move Iginla (don't want to) for Maatta +1st, Cammy for a defensemen from Nash and rights to Radulov, Kipper to TO for Reimer + Franson (still wish we had got Kadri this summer), move Gio for ROR

Tanguay - ROR - Iginla
Hudler - Cervenka - Radulov
Glencross - Backlund - Sven
So in your scenario, the Flames would trade Iginla and then re-sign him in the off-season?

Northern Neighbour is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:37 PM
  #27
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
So in your scenario, the Flames would trade Iginla and then re-sign him in the off-season?
Yes ( a man can dream)

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:01 AM
  #28
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Yes ( a man can dream)
I don't see why this can't happen. I like your moves except for Radulov, Im just not big on him. If we can keep Bo and draft Seth Jones we can actually make a really quick rebuild with this as our forwards.

Flames92 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:06 AM
  #29
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
I don't see why this can't happen. I like your moves except for Radulov, Im just not big on him. If we can keep Bo and draft Seth Jones we can actually make a really quick rebuild with this as our forwards.
Radulov was great when he came back easily their best forward, the media totally blew his off ice stuff out of proportion.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:20 AM
  #30
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Radulov was great when he came back easily their best forward, the media totally blew his off ice stuff out of proportion.
Either way, If its in the media it will cause tension in the dressing room. Apparently there were rumors like this with Jokinen that weren't in the media but still might of caused a problem to the team spirit.

Im also not very big on any russians at all (except for guys like Malkin,Datsyuk).. Im just scared on how he would fit with the team.

Flames92 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:23 AM
  #31
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Either way, If its in the media it will cause tension in the dressing room. Apparently there were rumors like this with Jokinen that weren't in the media but still might of caused a problem to the team spirit.

Im also not very big on any russians at all (except for guys like Malkin,Datsyuk).. Im just scared on how he would fit with the team.
We have Hudler, Cervenka, Backlund, Sven who are all European not to mention Radulov out played most nhl stars in the khl this year if we are going to rebuild he will most likely be cheap and would fit great with a bunch of younger guys in an offensive system.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:01 AM
  #32
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,858
vCash: 1000
Radulov's making over 9M a season in the KHL. He's not coming over anytime soon and most certainly will not come for cheap, contract wise.

Calculon is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:05 AM
  #33
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Radulov's making over 9M a season in the KHL. He's not coming over anytime soon and most certainly will not come for cheap, contract wise.
We are moving Cammy,Gio,Iginla,Kipper that is 22.5 million right there and only really bring back ROR(4 million), Radulov (6 million). I think Radulov would come back given the chance its a risk but he would come cheap to acquire and if he works out he is a first line player.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:08 AM
  #34
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,858
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
We are moving Cammy,Gio,Iginla,Kipper that is 22.5 million right there and only really bring back ROR(4 million), Radulov (6 million). I think Radulov would come back given the chance its a risk but he would come cheap to acquire and if he works out he is a first line player.
That part I agree with. I don't agree with the idea that he'd forgo 9.3M a season, after taxes, while playing at home in front of his family and fellow country men, to make 5.5M or whatever in Calgary. Doesn't make sense.

Calculon is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:54 AM
  #35
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
That part I agree with. I don't agree with the idea that he'd forgo 9.3M a season, after taxes, while playing at home in front of his family and fellow country men, to make 5.5M or whatever in Calgary. Doesn't make sense.
Only time will tell but given the fact that Nashville fans want a 5th for him I would do it. Cervenka played in the KHL and came over maybe he tells him Calgary is great and Radulov comes over if not o well it was only a 5th.

If we want a fast rebuild taking a chance on Radulov is the perfect way to do it, he fits into Feaster's age group (25-30), he is a top player, and he costs next to nothing if we do move Cammy and Iggy we need someone to score unless we want to oce the 08-09 oilers team.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:12 PM
  #36
DBU
Hoss Creek
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,514
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Only time will tell but given the fact that Nashville fans want a 5th for him I would do it. Cervenka played in the KHL and came over maybe he tells him Calgary is great and Radulov comes over if not o well it was only a 5th.

If we want a fast rebuild taking a chance on Radulov is the perfect way to do it, he fits into Feaster's age group (25-30), he is a top player, and he costs next to nothing if we do move Cammy and Iggy we need someone to score unless we want to oce the 08-09 oilers team.
I don't want Radulov anywhere near this team. He's skilled, but that's just a gongshow waiting to happen. Would rather keep our picks then waste them on a guy who clearly has no interest in North America.

DBU is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:33 PM
  #37
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
I don't want Radulov anywhere near this team. He's skilled, but that's just a gongshow waiting to happen. Would rather keep our picks then waste them on a guy who clearly has no interest in North America.
Gong show based on what? He was fine in Nashville.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:35 PM
  #38
DBU
Hoss Creek
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,514
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Gong show based on what? He was fine in Nashville.
Obviously, that's why Trotz suspended him for a game in the playoffs, right?

DBU is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
  #39
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Obviously, that's why Trotz suspended him for a game in the playoffs, right?
Please that was the most overblown thing I have ever heard he was at dinner with fans and was late by 45-60 minutes not to mention he lead his team in points and was the best forward they had. Trotz was ripped hard in the media for sitting him the second game, sometimes coaches make mistakes but people only remember when players do.

This is like Milbury getting made at Luo looking for apartments.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:25 PM
  #40
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 50
I'm pretty sure Radulov will stay home making an extremely comfortable living. Don't think there's a hope of him coming back to North America, unless its for a guaranteed shot at a Stanley Cup with a countryman or two.

I wouldn't give up a draft pick for him. Someone like Howse or other prospect that the Flames don't see panning out then maybe - to balance contract #s.

I wonder what potential destinations there could be for Kipper. I keep hearing Chicago & Toronto (not sure why) as potential suitors - but I wonder if anyone else would be interested?


Last edited by Stewie Griffin: 02-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
  #41
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I'm pretty sure Radulov will stay home making an extremely comfortable living. Don't think there's a hope of him coming back to North America, unless its for a guaranteed shot at a Stanley Cup with a countryman or two.

I wouldn't give up a draft pick for him. Someone like Howse or other prospect that the Flames don't see panning out then maybe - to balance contract #s.

I wonder what potential destinations there could be for Kipper. I keep hearing Chicago & Toronto (not sure why) as potential suitors - but I wonder if anyone else would be interested?
I know that Bryz is doing well so far, but if things take a turn for the worst in goaltending, I could see the Flyers being interested in Kipper.

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:53 PM
  #42
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I know that Bryz is doing well so far, but if things take a turn for the worst in goaltending, I could see the Flyers being interested in Kipper.
I couldn't Kipper has more holes right now then we have players.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:30 PM
  #43
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I couldn't Kipper has more holes right now then we have players.
Why not? By the way Kipper has been playing, he can only go upwards.

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
  #44
Beetlebum*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
Devils fan here wondering what you would want for Cammalleri?

Beetlebum* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:40 PM
  #45
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
Devils fan here wondering what you would want for Cammalleri?
Probably a good prospect and/or a 1st rounder.

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:43 PM
  #46
Beetlebum*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Probably a good prospect and/or a 1st rounder.

How about John Merrill

Beetlebum* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
  #47
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,879
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
How about John Merrill
Thats a real solid offer.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 04:18 PM
  #48
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Greetings from a long-time closet Flames fan (Lanny McDonald was one of my hockey heroes growing up), now coming out due to your acquisition of Hudler.

Saw the discussion in the GDT -- and, well, everywhere else -- about trades and what-not, and thought I'd drop this in here for funsies:



Valtteri Filppula + Kyle Quincey + pick/prospect

for



Mark Giordano + pick/prospect



Fair? Not fair? Way off target?

RedMenace is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 04:34 PM
  #49
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Greetings from a long-time closet Flames fan (Lanny McDonald was one of my hockey heroes growing up), now coming out due to your acquisition of Hudler.

Saw the discussion in the GDT -- and, well, everywhere else -- about trades and what-not, and thought I'd drop this in here for funsies:



Valtteri Filppula + Kyle Quincey + pick/prospect

for



Mark Giordano + pick/prospect



Fair? Not fair? Way off target?
Before even thinking very hard, you'd have to take a forward off our roster. We have a lot of them...

What's the chances of the "+ prospect" being Ouelett? (with the Flames sending another forward back, of course)

Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 04:38 PM
  #50
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
How about John Merrill
I would personally pay for Mike Cammalleri's plane ticket to New Jersey.

Stewie Griffin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.