HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sbisa back to Philly

Old
02-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
You are right a team that doesn't spend to the cap surely doesn't need 25 Goal scoring utility players that play all 3 forward positions PK, PP and top 6 minutes all at 900K a year. Don't worry we'll just hang on to him.
Cap hit. That's your answer. We aren't a team that gives a **** about stuff like that. Our GM keeps us in a position where we don't have to.

I also like how some of my fellow Ducks fans are more than happy to trade for someone that is about as proven and experienced as the guy that they're all currently complaing about on our second line. But hey, at least now we can say that person is a first round pick with high potential, because that's all that matter, right?

Last edited by Exit Dose: 02-01-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
You are right a team that doesn't spend to the cap surely doesn't need 25 Goal scoring utility players that play all 3 forward positions PK, PP and top 6 minutes all at 900K a year. Don't worry we'll just hang on to him.
Then its settled! you keep him and were keep our guys o.O

was it really that hard.

your being a little dramatic

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:58 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
Unless TSN is wrong, he hit 24 goals 1 time as a 25 year old. He may do all those other things but he is not gods gift to hockey like a lot of Phily fans try to make him out as.

Plus he is a midget which is what I want the Ducks to get away from.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Unless TSN is wrong, he hit 24 goals 1 time as a 25 year old. He may do all those other things but he is not gods gift to hockey like a lot of Phily fans try to make him out as.

Plus he is a midget which is what I want the Ducks to get away from.
24 goal on philly is like 50 on a regular nhl team.... so ipso facto hes a bonafide nhl superstar.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Read has become an new HF poster boy. Philly fans rave about how awesome he is yet you see him tossed into almost every Philly proposal. There's a reason you're so willing to give him up, he's nothing special. He's a solid NHLer but no other team is gonna jump for joy at the chance of acquiring Matt friggin' Read.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Exit Dose

I'd say that he's above average, but he is definitely entering Kulemin/Raymond territory with some of the returns people are expecting.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:23 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Read has become an new HF poster boy. Philly fans rave about how awesome he is yet you see him tossed into almost every Philly proposal. There's a reason you're so willing to give him up, he's nothing special. He's a solid NHLer but no other team is gonna jump for joy at the chance of acquiring Matt friggin' Read.
the Flyers HF posters who are throwing madd read around in trade proposals are of the same mindset of the other HF posters who seem to be ignorant to who matt read actually is.

he scored 24 goals and 47 points last year for the flyers as a 25 year old rookie. he plays all 3 forward positions, not to mention all 3 zones and in all situations. He kills penalties, he a threat shorthanded and he has shown that he has a good shot, on top of a great amount of speed.

oh did i mention that he does all that on a $900,000 contract?

ANY team in the league would be foolish not to want matt read, as much as the flyers would be foolish to deal him. I, along with most knowledgable flyers fans do not want to trade matt read unless he's fetching us something that would make our team obviously better. he is the absolutely archetype for players who are extremely valuable in the current structure of the league.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:17 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

I would agree he is a pretty good player but it gets extremely old that every proposal from phily fan to the Ducks whether it be for Bobby or Sbisa is centered on him + a lower level prospect + a 2nd. And his contract is only for 1 more year and he hits UFA. If he is a great as Phily fan says, he will get a large raise so sorry I am not trading Bobby or Sbisa for a package centered on a smallish, pretty good player who hits UFA in a year.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
"The Flyers need a mobile puck mover and can't afford to sacrifice the future."

So you offer, Matt Read age 26 and second year in the NHL.
for Luca Sbisa, a defensemen who is predominantly known for his stay at home defense and massive hits.

Perhaps you are mistaking matt read and luca sbisa for their alternate universe counterparts where they have different ages and skillsets?
how about you actually watch sbisa play...

hes not a defensive defenseman.. he's a 2-way d-man who skates well and can lead the rush.. hes also got a pretty good breakout pass

especially in OT. then he's in godmode

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Cap hit. That's your answer. We aren't a team that gives a **** about stuff like that. Our GM keeps us in a position where we don't have to.

I also like how some of my fellow Ducks fans are more than happy to trade for someone that is about as proven and experienced as the guy that they're all currently complaing about on our second line. But hey, at least now we can say that person is a first round pick with high potential, because that's all that matter, right?
Lol what? I don't understand this reasoning. A team that is on a budget needs players on the cheap even more then a team like Philly. Whatever, do as you please I didn't make the proposal and certainly wouldn't want to give up Read for Sbisa anyway. I'm not sure what the 2nd half of your post is even refferring to.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Lol what? I don't understand this reasoning. A team that is on a budget needs players on the cheap even more then a team like Philly. Whatever, do as you please I didn't make the proposal and certainly wouldn't want to give up Read for Sbisa anyway. I'm not sure what the 2nd half of your post is even refferring to.
The second half isn't directed at you.

As for the first. We have budgeted properly that those things aren't necessary, and we have a ton of ELCs for the next three to four seasons that landing contracts like Read wouldn't be necessary even if it was a problem - one of the benefits of the Pronger trade.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Would something around Johansson from the caps be enticing?
I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen the Ducks play so far this season, are you guys happy with how Bonino's doing?

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen the Ducks play so far this season, are you guys happy with how Bonino's doing?
No, but he isn't our only option. Rakell is centering the second line, tonight. If he isn't ready yet, it'll be time to give Holland his shot.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
No, but he isn't our only option. Rakell is centering the second line, tonight. If he isn't ready yet, it'll be time to give Holland his shot.
Ok. I guess this'd be something to revisit in the offseason if none of them has claimed that spot.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Ok. I guess this'd be something to revisit in the offseason if none of them has claimed that spot.
At least closer to the trade deadline.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Wow this thread got me thinking, if Ana didn't move Gardiner for Beauch, and lose Schultz for nothing, their future D would of been unreal.

Sbisa, Gardiner, Schultz, Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen

They'd have like three 1st pairings, each playing 20 mins.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Wow this thread got me thinking, if Ana didn't move Gardiner for Beauch, and lose Schultz for nothing, their future D would of been unreal.

Sbisa, Gardiner, Schultz, Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen

They'd have like three 1st pairings, each playing 20 mins.
Yes, with only one physical defenseman and 4 offensive minded defenseman. That defense would be the best skating defense, and softest in the league by far. That defense would never be iced, but it would make for some solid trade bait.

Sean Garrity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Selanne138

Quote:

Are you really trying to compare Couturier and Bonino?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Are you really trying to compare Couturier and Bonino?
I think you're missing my point.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:13 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post

Sbisa
Ryan

Couturier
Read
2nd

Bobby Ryan is worth more then Couturier, Read and a 2nd.

I don't think Sbisa would be traded but if he did it would be as part of a package for a 2nd line center.
Sbisa
Bonino
2nd or 3rd round pick

for
2nd line center

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Water Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post

Sbisa
Ryan

Couturier
Read
2nd
No thanks from the Ducks. Way lop sided in flyers favor.

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
No thanks from the Ducks. Way lop sided in flyers favor.
Also, why would we trade our second line center?

What a turn of events.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:03 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
The only player I'm trading Brayden Schenn or Couturier for on the ducks is bobby ryan or cam fowler. Granted it'd take more but you get my point. I'd rather go after bobby in 2015. I feel if he is a UFA that summer, there's no reason to believe he doesn't have us as his number one landing spot.
It certainly would.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote