Notices

my first post mostly anger...

Old
02-01-2013, 04:54 PM
blainus
Rookie User

vCash: 500
my first post mostly anger...

first off pavelec has too be a lot better...the penalty kill will continue to be poor if he can't raise his game...

the next thing that is driving me crazy is the acceptance of the term "the wall'
this is canada engblom, hnidy and johnson we call it the boards...never heard of a penalty for "walling"...please talk to us like canadians not americans...

as for engblom it's nice that i guess he couldn't find time to watch the jets canadiens game...if he did he would be been able to provide some meaningful analysis when pavs dropped a glove save which ended out in front and in the back of the net...ooh and then how about kovalev on the pp...once again right over the glove for another goal...not one mention of pavs struggles against montreal or how teams seem to be keying on his weakness...engblom has no business doing jets games...he is terrible...

back to the jets if pavs doesn't improve the team won't make the playoffs....real simple....thanks...let me know what you guys think......

blainus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:57 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
When your defence depth is in shambles due to injuries your goalie has to carry the team...
Currently that has yet to happen. This team will live and die by Pavelec.
We basically did well against Boston and Pittsburgh (two top teams) because of Pavelec...
We basically lost against NYI and Florida (two lower teams) because of Pavelec...

Ya our team can play like **** but in the end, if you don't have a superior team depth (which won't happen until both Byfuglien and Bogosian return), you live and die by your goaltender.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by blainus View Post
the next thing that is driving me crazy is the acceptance of the term "the wall'
this is canada engblom, hnidy and johnson we call it the boards...never heard of a penalty for "walling"...please talk to us like canadians not americans...
We could take this to the next step. According to Don Cherry we're following the Americans in many word changes in our sport. To "dangle" is to skate fast. It is a sweater not a jersey. It is not the offensive zone, neutral zone, or defensive zone. It is our end, center ice, and their end.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:12 PM
JetsHomer

We do good when Pavs posts a .930+ but lose when he posts a sub .9

We need more consistently good play.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:09 PM
blainus
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
We could take this to the next step. According to Don Cherry we're following the Americans in many word changes in our sport. To "dangle" is to skate fast. It is a sweater not a jersey. It is not the offensive zone, neutral zone, or defensive zone. It is our end, center ice, and their end.
i always thought dangle meant to stickhandle ...this americanization has no place on canadian radio or tv...someone needs to call 1290 about this and tsn jets...hnidy, johnson, and engblom should be told use the proper canadian terminology or show them the door....

Old
02-01-2013, 06:14 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
i always thought dangle meant to stickhandle ...this americanization has no place on canadian radio or tv...someone needs to call 1290 about this and tsn jets...hnidy, johnson, and engblom should be told use the proper canadian terminology or show them the door....
I think Hnidy and Johnson are Canadian - they're former players and are using terminology that I'm sure is used between coaches and their players. I don't think this is a problem.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:18 PM
blainus
Rookie User

i think it's a problem...they are canadian and should know better...my guess is their american coaches used the term the wall...did they ever play for an american coach along the way....

Old
02-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

When more than 50% of the coverage is devoted to the Zamboni we'll know we've been Americanized.

Andy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:37 PM
EpicGingy

Quote:
i think it's a problem...they are canadian and should know better...my guess is their american coaches used the term the wall...did they ever play for an american coach along the way....
Aren't you overreacting a little bit? They're just terms they'll throw around during commentary, it really shouldn't affect your experience so much.

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:53 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
I don't think so, not many American coaches in the league yet.

I think this kind of nationalism is a bit silly, honestly.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:59 PM
blainus
Rookie User

you are entitled to your opinion....engblom just called a deflection a tweaking of the puck...what the hell does that mean..

Old
02-01-2013, 07:03 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
you are entitled to your opinion....engblom just called a deflection a tweaking of the puck...what the hell does that mean..
The position of the puck was tweaked from its original position. Tweaking is a legitimate word.

Of all the gripes one can have about this team, this is a bit on the silly side.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
This is kind of weird.

I will forever call it walling in your honour.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:05 PM
blainus
Rookie User

quick question how long have you watched hockey for....

Old
02-01-2013, 07:06 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
quick question how long have you watched hockey for....
27 years. Not continuing this.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

This debate is beyond ridiculous.

Language evolves. Why do you think we don't use the word Twas anymore?

Play by play and colour guys are tasked with making the games as interesting as possible, and that is done in part by using a varied vocabulary.

Hockey seriously has to be the worst when it comes to traditions, rituals, and keeping things vanilla.

02-01-2013, 07:28 PM
blainus
Rookie User

for americans not canadians...hockey is exciting enough without wait for it tweaking the language of the game..

Old
02-01-2013, 07:42 PM
EpicGingy

They slightly changed their terminology, the world is still revolving.

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Scheifele55

Pavelec is playing worse than his stats show which are quickly inflating. In every single game I have watched he has had anywhere from 1-3 shots hit the post or crossbar. Luck can only get you so far before shots start going in which they have the last 2 games. Winnipeg needs to develop an elite goaltender who can take them to the playoffs. I dont see the defense in shambles. We are missing Bogosian who is a large part of the defense but besides him who are we missing?

Scheifele55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:26 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

#33 Dustin Byfuglien

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote