HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

XBOX 360 NHL13 GM Connected | Offseason | Carolina Available! | Check Post #695 |

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 04:42 PM
DogsFan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestud View Post
GG Montreal, u really came on strong in the last 2 min
thanks

Old
02-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
****ing hell man. I hate how EA completely nerfed cross ice passes. I had 3 open nets on beautiful passes and Kipprusoff stopped them no problem.
Best game by Kipper thus far. It's a good thing I rested him for 3 games because you came out against me.

And I think I remember Van saying how I wasn't doing as good as last season... Well I'm now 11-0 since then lol.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:20 PM
skacore

Just need Buffalo and Washington to finish off the season... PM me if you guys won't be on much this weekend.

P.S. Beat up on Dallas' CPU! Come on guys help get a competitive team into that last West playoff seed, let's make the #1 seed work for his spot in the conference semis, not a free bye against a CPU or a newcomer GM.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Leafs For Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
Just need Buffalo and Washington to finish off the season... PM me if you guys won't be on much this weekend.

P.S. Beat up on Dallas' CPU! Come on guys help get a competitive team into that last West playoff seed, let's make the #1 seed work for his spot in the conference semis, not a free bye against a CPU or a newcomer GM.
And you aren't a newcomer GM, only got in ~5 sims ago And how would that be a "free bye" against a newcomer? lol I lost my hope of it last sim, even if you went 3-0 in your last 3 they'd only need 4/12 for a clinch.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:45 PM
skacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
And you aren't a newcomer GM, only got in ~5 sims ago And how would that be a "free bye" against a newcomer? lol I lost my hope of it last sim, even if you went 3-0 in your last 3 they'd only need 4/12 for a clinch.
Wow, you sure did get bitter once your playoff dreams were crushed...

When I joined my team was 8-20 or something along those lines, so although I am still pretty new, you'd say somebody is more deserving to walk into the league into the 8th spot rather than someone who flipped an 8-20 franchise to a playoff contender?

I have 2 games left, even if I got all 4 points I realize Phoenix and Dallas only needs to win a couple games and they're in.. I've never been unrealistic about my playoff hopes this whole time, I'm good with math... I'm just hoping a CPU team doesn't get in that would really suck.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:48 PM
DD03
3D

vCash: 50
Rags hopping on now.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Skacore has been good, and the fact that he turned CLB around is deserving enough of GM of the year.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:02 PM
bshaw

Soooooo if I let Dallas beat me does Dallas get in?

Old
02-01-2013, 06:04 PM
skacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw View Post
Soooooo if I let Dallas beat me does Dallas get in?
I'd be scared too man.

It's okay, I'll be waiting for you next year

Old
02-01-2013, 06:06 PM
bshaw

Quote:
I'd be scared too man.

It's okay, I'll be waiting for you next year
And that's why I couldn't care less if you made it or not. You're arrogant and come off as if you're better than everyone else, these ****ing new people man. Bring back the old gms

Old
02-01-2013, 06:11 PM
bshaw

And don't worry you're gunna make it I just checked out the standings ( cause I didn't know that's why I asked smart ass) and there's no possible way you don't make it

Old
02-01-2013, 06:12 PM
DD03
3D

Not like it matters. Neither of you are making the finals :p

Old
02-01-2013, 06:14 PM
bshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Not like it matters. Neither of you are making the finals :p
Why who's facing Winnipeg in the finals?

Old
02-01-2013, 06:17 PM
DD03
3D

Quote:
Why who's facing Winnipeg in the finals?
I got my money on CHI or CGY from the West. East match ups could be interesting.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:19 PM
skacore

Quote:
And that's why I couldn't care less if you made it or not. You're arrogant and come off as if you're better than everyone else, these ****ing new people man. Bring back the old gms
I'm not arrogant I only come off that way to people who act like dicks for no reason. If someone does something stupid I'll call them out on it though. Let's be honest you don't like me because I beat you 4-0 and that's fine and dandy, but when you call me out on the forums for playing cheap then yeah, I'm going to defend myself.

Just to clarify...

If Minny pulled an amazing streak and grabbed the 8th spot I couldn't be happier for the guy, that's what I want to see... if anyone in the West for that matter did so I'd be happy for them. Colorado was a borderline playoff team around the trade deadline and I figured I'd sneak a spot in past him but he went on a murder spree in the last few sims and beat me pretty handily in the process so hats off to the guy. HE definitely deserves a playoff spot.

A disbanded team coasting to a playoff spot...? Or a BRAND new GM signing up to the league right into a playoff spot, you guys wouldn't rather see someone who worked hard? You guys played 82 games to get to that point wouldn't you rather one of your co-GMs getting that spot over a freeby handout? That's just how I feel I guess... If there was someone more deserving than myself at 9th (MIN for example), I'd push for him. It just boosts the league's credibility.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:22 PM
bshaw

Quote:
I'm not arrogant I only come off that way to people who act like dicks for no reason. If someone does something stupid I'll call them out on it though. Let's be honest you don't like me because I beat you 4-0 and that's fine and dandy, but when you call me out on the forums for playing cheap then yeah, I'm going to defend myself.

Just to clarify...

If Minny pulled an amazing streak and grabbed the 8th spot I couldn't be happier for the guy, that's what I want to see... if anyone in the West for that matter did so I'd be happy for them. Colorado was a borderline playoff team around the trade deadline and I figured I'd sneak a spot in past him but he went on a murder spree in the last few sims and beat me pretty handily in the process so hats off to the guy. HE definitely deserves a playoff spot.

A disbanded team coasting to a playoff spot...? Or a BRAND new GM signing up to the league right into a playoff spot, you guys wouldn't rather see someone who worked hard? You guys played 82 games to get to that point wouldn't you rather one of your co-GMs getting that spot over a freeby handout? That's just how I feel I guess... If there was someone more deserving than myself at 9th (MIN for example), I'd push for him. It just boosts the league's credibility.
So next season are you gunna get over the fact I called you out or is that something you're gunna bring up every time I speak? Like I said you will get in over Dallas baring people throwing games assuming you win your last two cause it seems like you don't lose. Who are your last two against?

Old
02-01-2013, 06:23 PM
bshaw

Quote:
I got my money on CHI or CGY from the West. East match ups could be interesting.
Haven't lost against Chicago this season and 2-2 vs Calgary. Hope to prove you wrong although if I'm playing Colorado first round I get swept can't figure him out

Old
02-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Yeah I haven't been able to beat SJ or CGY this season, but **** 7 game series, I'm gonna go hard lol.

Gotta come out flying against Van too because he ain't no slouch. The West has some good players.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:27 PM
DD03
3D

Quote:
Haven't lost against Chicago this season and 2-2 vs Calgary. Hope to prove you wrong although if I'm playing Colorado first round I get swept can't figure him out
CHI is peaking right now. He's been on 11-0 tear. Playoffs is a whole different game too. Should be an interesting year.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:29 PM
skacore

Quote:
So next season are you gunna get over the fact I called you out or is that something you're gunna bring up every time I speak? Like I said you will get in over Dallas baring people throwing games assuming you win your last two cause it seems like you don't lose. Who are your last two against?
I only brought it up because I think that's all you're basing me being arrogant on. Anyways dude forget it, maybe I'm in maybe I'm out, I'm sure you'll realize eventually I don't act like I'm better than anyone I'm just proud of my team's success

Old
02-01-2013, 06:29 PM
DD03
3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Yeah I haven't been able to beat SJ or CGY this season, but **** 7 game series, I'm gonna go hard lol.

Gotta come out flying against Van too because he ain't no slouch. The West has some good players.
You won't just be letting me down. You'll be letting the whole team down.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:31 PM
korndog81

Anything can happen in a playoff series. Hopefully someone puts out jets,

Old
02-01-2013, 06:35 PM
bshaw

Quote:
I only brought it up because I think that's all you're basing me being arrogant on. Anyways dude forget it, maybe I'm in maybe I'm out, I'm sure you'll realize eventually I don't act like I'm better than anyone I'm just proud of my team's success
Hey I've forgotten it already you should too, so who are the last two against?

Old
02-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
You won't just be letting me down. You'll be letting the whole team down.
Toews taking me back to tango with Lord Stanley

Old
02-01-2013, 06:42 PM
DD03
3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Toews taking me back to tango with Lord Stanley
Hope to see you there!

We've played once and I remember it was a 3-2 final, and Toews scored in OT.

Closed Thread