HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Rumor Has It: The Rumor Thread Part Tres

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2012, 09:00 AM
  #1
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Rumor Has It: The Rumor Thread Part Tres

Continue all your Florida Panthers/NHL rumors here...

Last time up, something about Keaton Ellerby...

__________________

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 05:02 AM
  #2
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,905
vCash: 50
Sports writer and NHL editor for Sovietsky Sport (24th Dec.):

Quote:
Pavel Lysenkov ‏@plysenkov

I've got info about Kovalev. He is in New York now. Rent an ice with several Rangers players. And he had offers from Florida and Columbus.
Stay away from him DT.

SoupyFIN is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 06:01 AM
  #3
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 15,560
vCash: 500
Why do we always bring in these shootout specialists who are borderline NHLers? Just let the kids and tough guys play. I guess he's cheaper than Wolski.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:29 PM
  #4
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here
 
Don Tibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/tor130130.html

Should we trade for Kessel?

Don Tibbles is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 07:57 PM
  #5
Howboutthempanthers
Registered User
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Broward County, Fla.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
We certainly could use him, but I think the Leafs would ask for things we would need to keep aound Kessel. It wouldn't make any sense for us IMO.

Howboutthempanthers is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:08 PM
  #6
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 94,875
vCash: 200
Dont know if this is right thread

Any chance Weiss is available? Bolland just went down and looked real bad (Couldn't put weight on his leg)

Hawks need a C badly

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 12:18 AM
  #7
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Dont know if this is right thread

Any chance Weiss is available? Bolland just went down and looked real bad (Couldn't put weight on his leg)

Hawks need a C badly
If things look to get worse with our record in the coming weeks, Weiss MIGHT become available. All depending on the return. Still a really good chance we resign him.

gizmo12688 is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:54 AM
  #8
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
just a FYI:

i was watching NHL network a couple of nights ago and they had a "rapid fire" segment where Jamie McLennan and Kevin Weekes were asked a bunch of questions.

well, one of the questions was "who do you think the first player to be traded will be?" McLennan answered Luongo (didn't mention us, or anyone, as a suitor) Weekes said Phil Kessel, saying he didn't think Kessel wanted to re-sign there, and could "see him being traded to a team like the Florida Panthers"

i'm paraphrasing what he said, and he was clearly just speculating, but i always find it interesting when analysts go out of their way like that to speculate. he didn't really need to mention us.

flapanthersfan is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:23 AM
  #9
Cats Kneading Goals
MST3K all day!
 
Cats Kneading Goals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
just a FYI:

i was watching NHL network a couple of nights ago and they had a "rapid fire" segment where Jamie McLennan and Kevin Weekes were asked a bunch of questions.

well, one of the questions was "who do you think the first player to be traded will be?" McLennan answered Luongo (didn't mention us, or anyone, as a suitor) Weekes said Phil Kessel, saying he didn't think Kessel wanted to re-sign there, and could "see him being traded to a team like the Florida Panthers"

i'm paraphrasing what he said, and he was clearly just speculating, but i always find it interesting when analysts go out of their way like that to speculate. he didn't really need to mention us.
I could see that. A smaller hockey market without the pressure of the media could really be just what the doctor ordered for Phil. As long as it's a fair trade with neither team getting fleeced, I would like to see it happen.

Cats Kneading Goals is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:42 AM
  #10
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,925
vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
We certainly could use him, but I think the Leafs would ask for things we would need to keep around Kessel. It wouldn't make any sense for us IMO.
It would probably start with Weiss.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:20 AM
  #11
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?
 
Panthers are Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By my computer
Country: England
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Do you guys think there is any chance we could trade Weiss at the deadline, depending on how the team is doing, and then re-sign him as an UFA?

Panthers are Red is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 09:51 AM
  #12
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Gudbranson4Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
Do you guys think there is any chance we could trade Weiss at the deadline, depending on how the team is doing, and then re-sign him as an UFA?
I think its a very good chance.. His value has gotta to be pretty high. With the short season and injuries all over the place, and everybody being in it come Feb.. I think we could get a pretty big haul.

Gudbranson4Prez is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:05 AM
  #13
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,629
vCash: 500
Doesn't he have a NTC? Can't remember.

Would love to have Phil here, but he still follows the soft player type that's been on this team. I long for a Lucic-type player.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:54 AM
  #14
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,633
vCash: 500
I would love to have Phil Kessel. He could light it up with Hubs and he'd instantly become the best goal scorer on our team. He's still young and would be entering his prime. I also think he's the type that could benefit from being out of the media spotlight. The issue would be that we'd have to give up a lot and I'm not sure the timing is right.

For whatever reason, going against all logic and history, when he becomes a UFA I feel like we'd have a shot at him.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 12:38 PM
  #15
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I would love to have Phil Kessel. He could light it up with Hubs and he'd instantly become the best goal scorer on our team. He's still young and would be entering his prime. I also think he's the type that could benefit from being out of the media spotlight. The issue would be that we'd have to give up a lot and I'm not sure the timing is right.

For whatever reason, going against all logic and history, when he becomes a UFA I feel like we'd have a shot at him.
I doubt the Leafs will wait for him to be a UFA. He they want him gone, he'll be traded easily.

gizmo12688 is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:13 PM
  #16
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here
 
Don Tibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
Kessel is cold right now.

Maybe we can swindle him away for Howden and a 1st..

But, still I dunno is this team is the right fit for Kessel.

Don Tibbles is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:49 PM
  #17
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,944
vCash: 500
I think we could get Kessel for something revolving around Weiss, there has been speculation for years that the Leafs have wanted Weiss on the their team. I wouldn't doubt it. However we don't have a first line center then, which would be a problem.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:07 PM
  #18
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Kessel is cold right now.

Maybe we can swindle him away for Howden and a 1st..

But, still I dunno is this team is the right fit for Kessel.
not a first this year. cuz this team is pretty bad and your giving away a top 5 pick the way it's going right now. i'd do a first next year. but they will certainly want something more sustainable. as in a player who is ready. i'd say kuli but toronto is full of dmen.

panthers really have weiss and kuli as their best tradeable commodities

homegrizown is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:19 PM
  #19
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I think we could get Kessel for something revolving around Weiss, there has been speculation for years that the Leafs have wanted Weiss on the their team. I wouldn't doubt it. However we don't have a first line center then, which would be a problem.
Toronto wont trade Kessel for a rental. It's not going to happen. They need longer term assets.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:21 PM
  #20
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Toronto wont trade Kessel for a rental. It's not going to happen. They need longer term assets.
Weiss, Kulikov and a 2nd


gizmo12688 is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:39 PM
  #21
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,392
vCash: 500
I wouldnt trade our precious assets for Kessel. Rather keep the rebuild going.

And if we trade a 1t, let it be 2014. I'm stoked about this draft.

AwesomePanthers is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:14 PM
  #22
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 500
I dont like kessel. Just like players on our team are criminally underrated players on big market teams especially canadian ones are criminally overrated. Kessel is no exception to the latter.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:15 PM
  #23
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,530
vCash: 813
Kessel will be UFA after next season no need to overpay

Mogo is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:47 PM
  #24
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Doesn't he have a NTC? Can't remember.
He certainly does and I don't see him waiving it. He strikes me as a guy who doesn't like to worry about a trade or his next contract during the season.

Georgia Panther is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:58 PM
  #25
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
I dont like kessel. Just like players on our team are criminally underrated players on big market teams especially canadian ones are criminally overrated. Kessel is no exception to the latter.
He scored 37 goals and had 45 assists on a weak team last year. He's not really overrated. He's a legit 30+ goal scorer entering his prime.

RainingRats is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.