HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

News around the NHL

Old
01-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
The Habs would just match. It's a futile exercise.
From what I hear it's not the $ but the term that Montreal won't budge on. If we push for 5 years at 5 per, I'm not so sure Montreal would match.

Riseonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:47 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 450
Wade Redden with a goal last night. Not that I think the Islanders should have signed him but I am glad he is playing in the NHL again. Maybe it is just the Ranger hate in me- LOL

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:32 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
From what I hear it's not the $ but the term that Montreal won't budge on. If we push for 5 years at 5 per, I'm not so sure Montreal would match.
I thought it was both the the term and dollar amount, Montreal was holding firm on.
Habs want a 2 yr bridge deal: $2.1m the first season and $2.9m the second season.

Habs fans are complaining, that their gm has not changed his offer since last may.

Sounds like Subban's agent lowered the number of yrs and salary in their demands. They want to use Benn's 5 yr/$26m contract as a marker.

Habs have deep pockets, so I am not sure they wouldn't match.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:53 PM
CREW99AW

Is some gm out there, really foolish enough to give Kessel $7m-$8m per season?

http://www.therecord.com/sports/arti...he-if-he-stays
Kessel appears ill-conditioned, isolated, troubled or simply massively unlucky, or some combination of those.

At a $5.4 million cap hit ($5.1 million in real money this season), heís affordable given his stats and goal-scoring ability.

At $7 million, or $8 million, it will be much different. And thatís what heíll be able to demand.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:59 AM
original islander

Wade Redden with another goal. Didn't see the game so I'm not sure how effective he was.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
They would have to. Right now, they have leverage, so the term (if that is indeed the issue) is something they can stick on. If someone sheets Subban, that's changes the leverage and they have a take it or leave it choice. My guess is that they would take it over a couple draft picks.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
They would have to. Right now, they have leverage, so the term (if that is indeed the issue) is something they can stick on. If someone sheets Subban, that's changes the leverage and they have a take it or leave it choice. My guess is that they would take it over a couple draft picks.
Montreal, if forced, would match it in a millisecond. There's reason for them to offer him more right now since Montreal is his only option for playing. If some one were to step in, like the Islanders, all it would do would piss Montreal off and they'd still end up with Subban.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:33 PM
CREW99AW

Jan 31st is the date Jamison, is supposed to complete the Coyotes sale.
For Yotes fans, I hope he pulls it off.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...deadline-looms
Last we heard, a deal for Greg Jamison to finally buy the franchise from the NHL was imminent. That was three weeks ago and still nothing is done. Time is running out, literally.

This Thursday marks the deadline for Jamison to buy the team with the very favorable arena lease deal put forth by the City of Glendale. If the purchase isn't done by then, you might kiss a deal good bye because with the new year came new city officials who have made it clear they don't like the proposed deal the previous administration passed. This is crunch time for Jamison.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

Last we heard, a deal for Greg Jamison to finally buy the franchise from the NHL was imminent. That was three weeks ago and still nothing is done. Time is running out, literally.

This Thursday marks the deadline for Jamison to buy the team with the very favorable arena lease deal put forth by the City of Glendale. If the purchase isn't done by then, you might kiss a deal good bye because with the new year came new city officials who have made it clear they don't like the proposed deal the previous administration passed. This is crunch time for Jamison.
With all our uncertainty recently I really do feel bad for their fans.. They get the same bad rap we do/did, I really hope for their sakes it works out for them but this thing is like a roller coaster ride.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:42 PM
original islander

Quote:

Hopefully things will work out for them. That organization has been through more than we have.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:15 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyForLife View Post
Hey guys, take a look at our new power rankings for this week

http://devilsinsiders.com/2013/01/28/nhl-power-rankings-week-1/
How much better would our blueline be, if we had Vis on the roster instead of our weakest link, Finley?

Old
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Bunk Moreland

A little surprised at this guy being placed on waivers per Dreger:

Quote:
Y. Danis cleared Waivers. Carolina places Boychuk, SJ places McLaren, and NJ places Janssen on Waivers.
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...65453684744192

He was doing pretty good in the AHL during the lock out.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:01 AM
original islander

Jason Spezza having back problems and may have surgery for a herniated disc. I'm not sure on how to post a link on the phone, but if you're in fantasy hockey pick up Kyle Turris if available.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414888

Last edited by PWJunior: 01-31-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added link
Old
02-01-2013, 05:45 PM
original islander

PA 2 more goals last night and is tied for 3rd in the league in goals with 5 and is tied for 4th in the league in plus/minus with +7. Landeskog on IR but that line should really get rolling when he's back.

Shea Weber is really struggling; not sure what the problem is.

Buffalo's d is horrible; Jordan Leopold looks like a combination of Mike Mottau and Bruno Gervais.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:44 PM
CREW99AW

Trade rumors.

Eastern Conference
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ade-winds.html
Lyle Richardson
2013-01-31 15:00:00
A sluggish start also leads to rumblings about possible trades. Here's a look at several Eastern Conference teams that will appear more frequently in the rumor mill if they don't reverse their fortunes.

Western Conference
Lyle Richardson
2013-02-01 15:20:00
Here's a look at several struggling Western Conference teams that could also appear in the trade rumor mill if their fortunes aren't soon reversed.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:47 PM
original islander

Quote:
Trade rumors.

Eastern Conference
Lyle Richardson
2013-01-31 15:00:00
A sluggish start also leads to rumblings about possible trades. Here's a look at several Eastern Conference teams that will appear more frequently in the rumor mill if they don't reverse their fortunes.

Western Conference
Lyle Richardson
2013-02-01 15:20:00
Here's a look at several struggling Western Conference teams that could also appear in the trade rumor mill if their fortunes aren't soon reversed.
Be prepared - we'll be battling Toronto fans on a daily basis until Kessel is traded. I have a feeling they're trying to get back the value of 2 high firsts that they gave up originally for him.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:13 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Be prepared - we'll be battling Toronto fans on a daily basis until Kessel is traded. I have a feeling they're trying to get back the value of 2 high firsts that they gave up originally for him.
Some have started already the fantasy Kessel to LI suggestions: Kessel for Hamonic, Grabner + Nino. Kessel for Strome, Nino + 1st round.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Frankie41987

Does anyone else kinda get a lil sick when they think what it would be like to have PAP on our team this year? I honestly didn't think much of him leaving but now that he's off to this start, and despite the
success of offense thus far I hate that we lost him.

Frankie41987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:54 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie41987 View Post
Does anyone else kinda get a lil sick when they think what it would be like to have PAP on our team this year? I honestly didn't think much of him leaving but now that he's off to this start, and despite the
If the isles were not playing so solidly, if they had not gotten off to a good start, I think we'd have more fans complaining about losing Parenteau.

I have to say that there's been too much going on in Islander Country, for me to be upset at PA being gone.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

vCash: 50
Quote:
I, for one, am POed that PA is MIA for the NYI. Imagine if we had him on the first line instead of KO? Wow. Our offense would likely be even more lethal than it is now.

4 years, $16 mill wasn't an extreme demand, especially since he's in the prime of his career coming off a career year. If he didn't produce in his 3rd season, we could've bought out the last year of his deal if anything. I understand he wasn't part of the future, but he would've been a key contributor the first two years of that deal, and it would've created some competition for spots on our roster. Plus, if he continued to rack up the numbers he has, he would've been great trade bait. Wish he was here.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:24 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
at the time I really didnt care that we didnt pay PAP and/or keep him, but now with te way hes playing and the chemistry he already had with JT and Moulson I wish he was here over Okposo right now

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
steveat

I think most of us are pissed at letting PA go more because the team wasn't willing to commit to him even though he was asking for reasonable terms. He wasn't doing a Subban on us. The fact that he is doing well elsewhere is rubbing salt on the wound. I believe that the isles didnt want to givehim a long term because so much youth was/is coming up that eventually, they would have no space for him. To be honest, the style that PA plays can contribute on all lines. Ah well..nothing we can do now.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:29 AM
A Pointed Stick
No! Slp! Til Brklyn!

Quote:
Not the way you suggest. They need to get bigger up front so he and another two bodies needed to be upgraded simply from a size perspective.

The issue I had and still have with letting him walk was the Islander's unwillingness to trade him for something to help the club. His signing price tells me there would have been a market. That is my unhappiness. That they didn't improve or upgrade his position makes me even more unhappy as once again Tavares has almost no support on his line. That is my beef with the PAP situation.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
CREW99AW

Pens are spanking the Devils 5-1, in the 3rd.

I don't like either team, find their fans arrogant. I am hoping the Devils are good and tired for tomorrow's NYI/NJ game

Old
02-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Pens are spanking the Devils 5-1, in the 3rd.

I don't like either team, find their fans arrogant. I am hoping the Devils are good and tired for tomorrow's NYI/NJ game
Now instead they'll be angry.

I always prefer teams to win their first game of a back to back if we are facing them the second game.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote