HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Scott destroys Thornton

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 04:02 PM
JMiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1963 View Post
Can't cry with a broken face.
Wasn't miller out for 7-10 days with a "concussion" too?

Old
02-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Ryp37

vCash: 50
Seriously I feel bad for the smart bruin fans

how are you even comparing millers concussion to thorntons as a rebuttle? just stop and think about it for a second

Old
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Oates2Neely

This thread is awesome, I didn't realize just HOW MUCH Lucic and the Bruins are in the heads of opposing fans

Old
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM
CrownofThornton

Common sense would indicate Thornton was more than likely gonna lose this fight handily.

I mean Scott is a beast of a human being, and Sugar Shawn is small for a heavy.

I love Thorty, but he really shouldnt have entertained the idea of fighting Scott.

Also the end result is a concussion, noone should be celebrating that fact. It's not like this is Raffi Torres we are talking about, this is a pretty stand up guy who respects the code.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:17 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
Seriously I feel bad for the smart bruin fans

how are you even comparing millers concussion to thorntons as a rebuttle? just stop and think about it for a second
Seriously, relax

Old
02-01-2013, 04:53 PM
newfy

Wow the Bruins got tamed a bit. Last year in a 7-4 game with Buffalo they would have gooned it up hard. Maybe Buffalo is tougher then some Bruins fans cared to admit. Watching Thornton take it like that must've taken some wind outta their sails

Old
02-01-2013, 04:59 PM
studebaker1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IComeInPeace View Post
We've seen this act before from these guys. Lucic running from BGL; Chara diving for the ice to end a fight before he gets hit...classic bullies; tough as long as their isn't someone else tough around to make them answer the bell.
Don't forget about when he fought Orr, realized he bit off way more than he could chew, backed off and waited for the refs to come in. Cherry called him on that and rightfully so.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:01 PM
studebaker1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Why do people keep saying Lucic has to answer? **** I have stated over and over that he already has.

The hit was LAST season. It was "answered" LAST season

That was hardly an answer. Weak showing by a guy who knew his time in Buffalo had come to an end.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsabruin View Post
ah yes instead of seeking some sort of medical help for his concussion miller chose to stay and cry like a baby.

I am sure that even if shawn wasn't as concussed as he was yesterday he wouldn't have went the miller route.

Maybe miller should have stayed in his crease and not come out as much as he did. But that is a moot point.
lol.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:20 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Wow the Bruins got tamed a bit. Last year in a 7-4 game with Buffalo they would have gooned it up hard. Maybe Buffalo is tougher then some Bruins fans cared to admit. Watching Thornton take it like that must've taken some wind outta their sails
Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker1 View Post
Don't forget about when he fought Orr, realized he bit off way more than he could chew, backed off and waited for the refs to come in. Cherry called him on that and rightfully so.
This is why people dislike the bruins and their fans. It has nothing to do with toughness.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
2011 Stanley cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker1 View Post
Lucic with a broken nose want to stop the fight, never happen before

the refs were bad and Orr act like a coward knowing Lucic is hurt and still want to hurt more.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:39 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Stanley cup View Post
Lucic with a broken nose want to stop the fight, never happen before

the refs were bad and Orr act like a coward knowing Lucic is hurt and still want to hurt more.
If lucic lost more people would have less of a problem with him and wouldn't get all worked about him taking a half-step backwards three years ago during a fight with Orr.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
This thread is awesome, I didn't realize just HOW MUCH Lucic and the Bruins are in the heads of opposing fans
What's awesome, and why this thread is popular is that the Bruins heads are now on the fist of big John Scott. I guess if ya twist your post around enough, you can come up with something close to that.

...btw, big John let the bench know this isn't over, and during his post-game interview, he admitted this had something to do with last year.

...next up... Big? Bad? Looch. I get he's important to the Bruins offense, but you're only big and bad when you take on all comers(not just Kaletas and Gaustads you know you can beat), and man up for what you've done. He may have jeopardized Thorty's career. If he wants to be the cool guy who runs skinny goalies, then he can be the one sitting out with a broken head. Can't wait till the 10th. Let's see if the tough guy lets his friends get hurt again, while he avoids it, because he's "too valuable". Man up!

Old
02-01-2013, 06:05 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
What's awesome, and why this thread is popular is that the Bruins heads are now on the fist of big John Scott. I guess if ya twist your post around enough, you can come up with something close to that.

...btw, big John let the bench know this isn't over, and during his post-game interview, he admitted this had something to do with last year.

...next up... Big? Bad? Looch. I get he's important to the Bruins offense, but you're only big and bad when you take on all comers(not just Kaletas and Gaustads you know you can beat), and man up for what you've done. He may have jeopardized Thorty's career. If he wants to be the cool guy who runs skinny goalies, then he can be the one sitting out with a broken head. Can't wait till the 10th. Let's see if the tough guy lets his friends get hurt again, while he avoids it, because he's "too valuable". Man up!
Is this what passes for intelligent discourse around here these days? Too bad. It used to be a decent place to talk hockey.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:47 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Is this what passes for intelligent discourse around here these days? Too bad. It used to be a decent place to talk hockey.
Nice avatar intelligent discourser.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:30 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
Nice avatar intelligent discourser.
It's a 2 year old playoff themed avatar. If it offends you, let me know. I'll change it

Old
02-01-2013, 07:38 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
It's a 2 year old playoff themed avatar. If it offends you, let me know. I'll change it
Keep it. It helps remind me who I'm dealing with.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Okay ladies we're done. I'll post this reminder for the future, discuss the post and not the poster.