HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks - 2/1 at 9 PM (CSN)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

vCash: 500
Meh, I did think Keith's elbow was every bit as bad as Torres' hit, if not a little worse.

But Torres had a long history of being suspended, and Keith hadn't ever been before. That's what explained the big difference in suspension length to me. Although I'd have probably given Keith a couple more, maybe 8 or 9 in total rather than 5.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:47 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
lol, hardly. If the hit on Sedin was a horrible as the whiners in Vancouver claim, surely the NHL would have given it more than 5 games.
Because Shanahan is such a great judge? According to him, turning a hockey game into WWE and smashing someone's head into the glass doesn't deserve any games.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Meh, I did think Keith's elbow was every bit as bad as Torres' hit, if not a little worse.

But Torres had a long history of being suspended, and Keith hadn't ever been before. That's what explained the big difference in suspension length to me. Although I'd have probably given Keith a couple more, maybe 8 or 9 in total rather than 5.
That is pretty accurate on why it was 5 games.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:50 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Because Shanahan is such a great judge? According to him, turning a hockey game into WWE and smashing someone's head into the glass doesn't deserve any games.
and you are?

Old
02-01-2013, 04:52 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Wait, weren't Canucks fans claiming that Sedin's hit to Keith's head was nothing because the league never penalized him for it? Does the NHL's ruling only matter when it's convenient for you guys or am I missing something here?

Old
02-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
and you are?
Wait, weren't Canucks fans claiming that Sedin's hit to Keith's head was nothing because the league never penalized him for it? Does the NHL's ruling only matter when it's convenient for you guys or am I missing something here?

Guys...you cannot reason with a troll.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
and you are?
Certainly better than him. Search on Google to read all the flak he was getting last year for terrible disciplinary decisions.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:

Agree. I don't think at the time of the hit I would have agreed, but Keith should probably have gotten more than 5 games.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:57 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
lol, hardly. If the hit on Sedin was a horrible as the whiners in Vancouver claim, surely the NHL would have given it more than 5 games.
I won't get into name calling, but you don't think Raffi Torres vs Duncan Keith played into this discrepancy in discipline.

If not, there is no reasonable discussion to be had.

Hope this game lives up to the hype, I won't say good luck, but Enjoy!

Old
02-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Certainly better than him. Search on Google to read all the flak he was getting last year for terrible disciplinary decisions.
Send in your ****ing application then.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:

But Torres had a long history of being suspended
, and Keith hadn't ever been before. That's what explained the big difference in suspension length to me. Although I'd have probably given Keith a couple more, maybe 8 or 9 in total rather than 5.

And a history of plenty of charging hits for which he never got suspended. I'd boot him from the league, tbh.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:03 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
yeah...he should have suspended sedin for at least a game for elbowing keith in the head. funny how canucks fans think the league does a fine job with discipline when it's their players not getting suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I won't get into name calling, but you don't think Raffi Torres vs Duncan Keith played into this discrepancy in discipline.

If not, there is no reasonable discussion to be had.

Hope this game lives up to the hype, I won't say good luck, but Enjoy!
um, if you watched those plays and think the only reason for the discrepancy in suspension length is b/c of who the players were there isn't much to say to you.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:20 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
yeah...he should have suspended sedin for at least a game for elbowing keith in the head. funny how canucks fans think the league does a fine job with discipline when it's their players not getting suspended

um, if you watched those plays and think the only reason for the discrepancy in suspension length is b/c of who the players were there isn't much to say to you.
We must not be watching the same video. I certainly don't agree with all the Canucks fans in here, but thats just a straight up lie. You can call it a hit to the head sure, but elbow? Come on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=I3r9769DFOQ

Is there a shoulder to the head? sure. Is it a little late? maybe

But let's not go dishing out gems like Daniel threw an elbow.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
We must not be watching the same video. I certainly don't agree with all the Canucks fans in here, but thats just a straight up lie. You can call it a hit to the head sure, but elbow? Come on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=I3r9769DFOQ

Is there a shoulder to the head? sure. Is it a little late? maybe

But let's not go dishing out gems like Daniel threw an elbow.
He clearly targeted the head. That alone is a suspension. But apparently not in this situation and most likely from the lack of any history or injury to Keith.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

As I find Canuck fans civil, I will not partake in this *****-fest.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
As I find Canuck fans civil, I will not partake in this *****-fest.
Cool.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Yes, because rehashing garbage from the past instead of being above such baiting obviously isnt part of the equation here.

I am above such actions, thank you.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Okay.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Cool.
Lol. Coming from him that's golden. I really do think he is a closet Canucks fan.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Coming in peace...just some info on "Canucks to Watch" in this game, along with a question/request for similar information from you guys.

The team as a whole has not been playing all that great - for the most part, our best players have been the ones who played either in Europe or the AHL. Zack Kassian leads the team in goals with 5, while Chris Tanev (along with Keith Ballard) have formed arguably our best defensive pairing.

Jordan Schroeder has been solid in his NHL debut (in spite of virtually no press in Vancouver, who seem oddly enamoured with Andrew Ebbett, the man Schroeder beat out for a roster spot...) He's been solid with the puck, has actually engaged physically quite well for a small guy, and has been strong defensively.

The goaltenders have been solid for the most part, with Luongo being the stronger of the two out of the gate. This will be his first test of the season vs. a rolling offensive team (LA was his toughest challenge thus far, and they are more noted for defense, while Schneider got the SJ assignment).

It would greatly increase the Canucks' chances in this game if the Twins and the top four defensemen (Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, Garrison) could up their game. All have shown flashes, but have been more the most part below par thus far.

Seems like the polar opposite of the Hawks, who almost look like they have been dangerous down to the last man. Anyone in particular for us to watch for?

Cheers, hope it's a good game.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:15 PM
topchowda

4-1 hawks
Toews (X2) Kane, Keith

Kassian will go after Keith but at the worst time and every thing will be forgotten by the 2nd

Old
02-01-2013, 06:22 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Coming in peace...just some info on "Canucks to Watch" in this game, along with a question/request for similar information from you guys.

The team as a whole has not been playing all that great - for the most part, our best players have been the ones who played either in Europe or the AHL. Zack Kassian leads the team in goals with 5, while Chris Tanev (along with Keith Ballard) have formed arguably our best defensive pairing.

Jordan Schroeder has been solid in his NHL debut (in spite of virtually no press in Vancouver, who seem oddly enamoured with Andrew Ebbett, the man Schroeder beat out for a roster spot...) He's been solid with the puck, has actually engaged physically quite well for a small guy, and has been strong defensively.

The goaltenders have been solid for the most part, with Luongo being the stronger of the two out of the gate. This will be his first test of the season vs. a rolling offensive team (LA was his toughest challenge thus far, and they are more noted for defense, while Schneider got the SJ assignment).

It would greatly increase the Canucks' chances in this game if the Twins and the top four defensemen (Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, Garrison) could up their game. All have shown flashes, but have been more the most part below par thus far.

Seems like the polar opposite of the Hawks, who almost look like they have been dangerous down to the last man. Anyone in particular for us to watch for?

Cheers, hope it's a good game.
Hawks had a hot start but have won a lot of close games lately. They have not been firing on all cylinders lately. They will need to improve that to beat your Canucks. That team is certainly stacked, as well. Though I guess I'd barely take the Hawks' D corps.

Hawks offense has looked a bit out of sorts the last ~4 games. Hopefully a big game on the road will get things going. Hoping for an exciting, uptempo game.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:47 PM
elvisisalive

Man you should see Martini sucking up on the Canucks board. Bad enough all he does is cut up the Hawks en masse, but making sweet talk over there, this guy is about the worse so called Hawks fan Ive come across. talking about what meanie Keith is and carrying on with his man crush on Sedin , It would be funny if it wasnt so sad

Old
02-01-2013, 06:53 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisisalive View Post
Man you should see Martini sucking up on the Canucks board. Bad enough all he does is cut up the Hawks en masse, but making sweet talk over there, this guy is about the worse so called Hawks fan Ive come across. talking about what meanie Keith is and carrying on with his man crush on Sedin , It would be funny if it wasnt so sad
It's only a matter of time until he offers them all the password to his live feed for the Rockford Icehogs games.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Big fat dad

There's no way Kieth or Sedin care about this as much as some of the guys on here.

Closed Thread