HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Sam Gagner vs Kyle Turris

View Poll Results: Who will have a better season?
Sam Gagner 239 48.19%
Kyle Turris 257 51.81%
Voters: 496. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 12:51 AM
topchowda

vCash: 500
This thread couldnt get any better

Both guys are playing very well and both are above a ppg and somehow ones better than the other AINEC

Old
01-31-2013, 08:58 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
This thread couldnt get any better

Both guys are playing very well and both are above a ppg and somehow ones better than the other AINEC
this. i haven't read every post since i last posted in this thread, but as i said earlier, these guys are close. i'm a sens fan, i haven't really seen gagner play, but scouting reports i'm seeing and the few times i have seen him lead me to believe he is a solid second line center.

from what i've seen in this thread (correct me if i'm wrong), sens fans are on mostly on the defensive, while some oiler fans are attacking turris. turris is a good player. how can you judge him when you have barely seen him? hf think he's going to have a better year (since when is hf's opinion always right?), i even think he will, but i'm sure many people who voted wouldn't be surprised if either one had a better year.

that brings up the point of how it is decided who had the better year. will it be based off of points, will we have a few people that watched both teams play frequently weigh in, or will it just be like it is now: fans that haven't really seen both play enough to judge saying "my player"? who has the authority now that games have actually been played to say which of the two players have been better? has everyone that is saying which of the two is better based on stats this year actually seen both players play more than two times?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
Not when I typed that. But yes, so currently Gagner and Turris have 7 points compared to Spezza's 5. Makes no difference that neither would be 1 and 2 in scoring.
It's just an unfair statement either way, as you make no mention of the fact that Turris had played two more games. But besides all that you are wrong, at 9:37 (the time of your comment) last night Gagner had scored a point, it just wouldn't have been on the stats page yet.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
xking23
Petersson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
It's just an unfair statement either way, as you make no mention of the fact that Turris had played two more games. But besides all that you are wrong, at 9:37 (the time of your comment) last night Gagner had scored a point, it just wouldn't have been on the stats page yet.
When it is a matter of being 1 and 2 in scoring PPG/Point pace makes no difference. Someone can get 15 points in 1 game and get injured, guess what, they still won't be leading the scoring race after a season.

And now you are "angry" "upset" whatever word you want to describe it because NHL.com didn't update the stats at the time of post. Honestly, that is you looking for an argument.

You seem to be taking my comment a little too strongly. Someone stated "imagine a Gagner-Spezza duo, they would be 1-2 in scoring today." which is false. Having Gagner-Turris would be higher in scoring than Gagner Spezza or Turris Spezza. The point doesn't change. Instead of trying to make an argument, read what it was in response too. It may help you in the future. Because in all seriousness it doesn't make a difference.

You seem to be thinking because I said Turris had more points he is therefore better than Gagner. I said no such thing, I said because he had more points he would be contributing more to a scoring race than Spezza. But please keep trying to make an argument that doesn't exist because someone isn't worshipping Gagner in all his glory (a solid 2nd line center, a passer to Turris's shooter, neither are a 1st line forward YET).

Old
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Pucklington

I am switching from the Ganger>Turris, to the Ganger=Turris boat.

They are both playing well. No one can honestly say one is clearly better and AINEC. They both, so far this season, appeared to have reached another level of their development.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
ohheyhemsky

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucklington View Post
I am switching from the Ganger>Turris, to the Ganger=Turris boat.

They are both playing well. No one can honestly say one is clearly better and AINEC. They both, so far this season, appeared to have reached another level of their development.
Ganenr = tererrass.

Might as well just spell it this way.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:25 PM
aemoreira1981

Turris but it's close...that trade really saved his career.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:09 AM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Turris is gonna be given a chance to lead a team has a number one centre. Lets see how he does. Could be huge for his career if he succeeds.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:46 AM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Lol, What an epic thread this is turning into. On one side you have the number 3 overall pick whos finally showing why he was drafted so high, and on the other side you have a guy who had a tremendous rookie year finally begin to regain his form. Maybe this thread is what they both needed Gagner has been amazing in this short sample size, probably one of our best offensive players, and from the games i've watched from Turris, he too is a threat everytime he's on the ice. I think ill vote at the end of the season

Old
02-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Hockey Nightmare

Gagner could outscore Turris by 20 points and people would still say he's worse.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:31 AM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
Gagner could outscore Turris by 20 points and people would still say he's worse.
Leeching off the big four like expertly tipping Fistric's shots, I tell ya.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Umm he HAS outscored Turris by ~20 points in EVERY year of his career so far except this year...

Old
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
sansabri
typical poster.

Quote:
read the OP. he asks who will have a bigger impact for their team. it's a shame people have turned this into a stat debate.

with Spezza gone for a while, the Sens are gonna give more ice time to Turris to help out. i can't imagine the Oilers losing Nugent-Hopkins and depending on Gagner to carry them.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:38 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Like I said: Turris is scoring 40 in 48.

We may only be 7 games in but I guess that prediction isn't looking so hilarious now. This isn't a case of AINEC. They are close. But I still say Turris will outproduce Gagner while being a superior defensive player.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:29 PM
benr

I started watching hockey at least a year ago so I have seen a lot of hockey games and Kyle Turris is definitely better than Simon Gagner at this stage of their careers.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:30 PM
sansabri
typical poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benr View Post
I started watching hockey at least a year ago so I have seen a lot of hockey games and Kyle Turris is definitely better than Simon Gagner at this stage of their careers.
Sam Gagner. Simon Gagné plays for the Kings.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Gagne will have the better year IMO.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:55 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

I'm not an Oilers fan and it irritates me how people lazily spell "Gagner" as "Gagne". It's in the title folks.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:20 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

A lot of hyperbole at this point.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
oilers92

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
read the OP. he asks who will have a bigger impact for their team. it's a shame people have turned this into a stat debate.

with Spezza gone for a while, the Sens are gonna give more ice time to Turris to help out. i can't imagine the Oilers losing Nugent-Hopkins and depending on Gagner to carry them.
did really well on the top line last yr got that 8 point game then had a couple more before they got broken up again

Old
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
sansabri
typical poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
did really well on the top line last yr got that 8 point game then had a couple more before they got broken up again
did really well = Oilers finished 29th and won the lottery?

that's making an impact?

Old
02-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:

Erik Karlsson carries that team, Kyle Turris not so much.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:32 PM
sansabri
typical poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Erik Karlsson carries that team, Kyle Turris not so much.
i didn't know Karlsson was a centerman.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Rpro

Quote:
did really well = Oilers finished 29th and won the lottery?

that's making an impact?
Poster said he did well, which he did. Are you under the assumption that bottom feeder teams can;t possibly have good players?

Old
02-01-2013, 08:59 PM
sansabri
typical poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
Poster said he did well, which he did. Are you under the assumption that bottom feeder teams can;t possibly have good players?
he also said they broke up the line soon after...

Closed Thread