HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Sam Gagner vs Kyle Turris

View Poll Results: Who will have a better season?
Sam Gagner 239 48.19%
Kyle Turris 257 51.81%
Voters: 496. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 12:51 AM
  #351
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
This thread couldnt get any better

Both guys are playing very well and both are above a ppg and somehow ones better than the other AINEC

topchowda is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:58 AM
  #352
ATdaisuki
invisible
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
This thread couldnt get any better

Both guys are playing very well and both are above a ppg and somehow ones better than the other AINEC
this. i haven't read every post since i last posted in this thread, but as i said earlier, these guys are close. i'm a sens fan, i haven't really seen gagner play, but scouting reports i'm seeing and the few times i have seen him lead me to believe he is a solid second line center.

from what i've seen in this thread (correct me if i'm wrong), sens fans are on mostly on the defensive, while some oiler fans are attacking turris. turris is a good player. how can you judge him when you have barely seen him? hf think he's going to have a better year (since when is hf's opinion always right?), i even think he will, but i'm sure many people who voted wouldn't be surprised if either one had a better year.

that brings up the point of how it is decided who had the better year. will it be based off of points, will we have a few people that watched both teams play frequently weigh in, or will it just be like it is now: fans that haven't really seen both play enough to judge saying "my player"? who has the authority now that games have actually been played to say which of the two players have been better? has everyone that is saying which of the two is better based on stats this year actually seen both players play more than two times?

ATdaisuki is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
  #353
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
Not when I typed that. But yes, so currently Gagner and Turris have 7 points compared to Spezza's 5. Makes no difference that neither would be 1 and 2 in scoring.
It's just an unfair statement either way, as you make no mention of the fact that Turris had played two more games. But besides all that you are wrong, at 9:37 (the time of your comment) last night Gagner had scored a point, it just wouldn't have been on the stats page yet.

Eskimo44 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM
  #354
xking23
Petersson
 
xking23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
It's just an unfair statement either way, as you make no mention of the fact that Turris had played two more games. But besides all that you are wrong, at 9:37 (the time of your comment) last night Gagner had scored a point, it just wouldn't have been on the stats page yet.
When it is a matter of being 1 and 2 in scoring PPG/Point pace makes no difference. Someone can get 15 points in 1 game and get injured, guess what, they still won't be leading the scoring race after a season.

And now you are "angry" "upset" whatever word you want to describe it because NHL.com didn't update the stats at the time of post. Honestly, that is you looking for an argument.

You seem to be taking my comment a little too strongly. Someone stated "imagine a Gagner-Spezza duo, they would be 1-2 in scoring today." which is false. Having Gagner-Turris would be higher in scoring than Gagner Spezza or Turris Spezza. The point doesn't change. Instead of trying to make an argument, read what it was in response too. It may help you in the future. Because in all seriousness it doesn't make a difference.

You seem to be thinking because I said Turris had more points he is therefore better than Gagner. I said no such thing, I said because he had more points he would be contributing more to a scoring race than Spezza. But please keep trying to make an argument that doesn't exist because someone isn't worshipping Gagner in all his glory (a solid 2nd line center, a passer to Turris's shooter, neither are a 1st line forward YET).

xking23 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
  #355
Pucklington
Registered User
 
Pucklington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
I am switching from the Ganger>Turris, to the Ganger=Turris boat.

They are both playing well. No one can honestly say one is clearly better and AINEC. They both, so far this season, appeared to have reached another level of their development.

Pucklington is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
  #356
ohheyhemsky
Registered User
 
ohheyhemsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Den
Country: Indonesia
Posts: 9,303
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucklington View Post
I am switching from the Ganger>Turris, to the Ganger=Turris boat.

They are both playing well. No one can honestly say one is clearly better and AINEC. They both, so far this season, appeared to have reached another level of their development.
Ganenr = tererrass.

Might as well just spell it this way.

ohheyhemsky is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:25 PM
  #357
aemoreira1981
Registered User
 
aemoreira1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Turris but it's close...that trade really saved his career.

aemoreira1981 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:09 AM
  #358
The Latvian
#rooster #classless
 
The Latvian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,101
vCash: 500
Turris is gonna be given a chance to lead a team has a number one centre. Lets see how he does. Could be huge for his career if he succeeds.

The Latvian is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:46 AM
  #359
sid49
#FreeGaza
 
sid49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Lol, What an epic thread this is turning into. On one side you have the number 3 overall pick whos finally showing why he was drafted so high, and on the other side you have a guy who had a tremendous rookie year finally begin to regain his form. Maybe this thread is what they both needed Gagner has been amazing in this short sample size, probably one of our best offensive players, and from the games i've watched from Turris, he too is a threat everytime he's on the ice. I think ill vote at the end of the season

sid49 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:27 AM
  #360
Hockey Nightmare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Gagner could outscore Turris by 20 points and people would still say he's worse.

Hockey Nightmare is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:31 AM
  #361
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
Gagner could outscore Turris by 20 points and people would still say he's worse.
Leeching off the big four like expertly tipping Fistric's shots, I tell ya.

HavlatMach9 is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:13 PM
  #362
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
Gagner could outscore Turris by 20 points and people would still say he's worse.
Umm he HAS outscored Turris by ~20 points in EVERY year of his career so far except this year...

Trafalgar Law is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
  #363
sansabri
typical poster.
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 6,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
Gagner could outscore Turris by 20 points and people would still say he's worse.
read the OP. he asks who will have a bigger impact for their team. it's a shame people have turned this into a stat debate.

with Spezza gone for a while, the Sens are gonna give more ice time to Turris to help out. i can't imagine the Oilers losing Nugent-Hopkins and depending on Gagner to carry them.

sansabri is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:38 PM
  #364
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Like I said: Turris is scoring 40 in 48.

We may only be 7 games in but I guess that prediction isn't looking so hilarious now. This isn't a case of AINEC. They are close. But I still say Turris will outproduce Gagner while being a superior defensive player.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 04:29 PM
  #365
benr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
I started watching hockey at least a year ago so I have seen a lot of hockey games and Kyle Turris is definitely better than Simon Gagner at this stage of their careers.

benr is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 04:30 PM
  #366
sansabri
typical poster.
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 6,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benr View Post
I started watching hockey at least a year ago so I have seen a lot of hockey games and Kyle Turris is definitely better than Simon Gagner at this stage of their careers.
Sam Gagner. Simon Gagné plays for the Kings.

sansabri is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 05:12 PM
  #367
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,266
vCash: 500
Gagne will have the better year IMO.

Lebanese Leaf is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 05:55 PM
  #368
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
I'm not an Oilers fan and it irritates me how people lazily spell "Gagner" as "Gagne". It's in the title folks.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:20 PM
  #369
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,609
vCash: 500
A lot of hyperbole at this point.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
  #370
oilers92
Registered User
 
oilers92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
read the OP. he asks who will have a bigger impact for their team. it's a shame people have turned this into a stat debate.

with Spezza gone for a while, the Sens are gonna give more ice time to Turris to help out. i can't imagine the Oilers losing Nugent-Hopkins and depending on Gagner to carry them.
did really well on the top line last yr got that 8 point game then had a couple more before they got broken up again

oilers92 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
  #371
sansabri
typical poster.
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 6,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
did really well on the top line last yr got that 8 point game then had a couple more before they got broken up again
did really well = Oilers finished 29th and won the lottery?

that's making an impact?

sansabri is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:26 PM
  #372
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
read the OP. he asks who will have a bigger impact for their team. it's a shame people have turned this into a stat debate.

with Spezza gone for a while, the Sens are gonna give more ice time to Turris to help out. i can't imagine the Oilers losing Nugent-Hopkins and depending on Gagner to carry them.
Erik Karlsson carries that team, Kyle Turris not so much.

Eskimo44 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:32 PM
  #373
sansabri
typical poster.
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 6,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Erik Karlsson carries that team, Kyle Turris not so much.
i didn't know Karlsson was a centerman.

sansabri is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:37 PM
  #374
Rpro
Registered User
 
Rpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
did really well = Oilers finished 29th and won the lottery?

that's making an impact?
Poster said he did well, which he did. Are you under the assumption that bottom feeder teams can;t possibly have good players?

Rpro is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 08:59 PM
  #375
sansabri
typical poster.
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 6,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
Poster said he did well, which he did. Are you under the assumption that bottom feeder teams can;t possibly have good players?
he also said they broke up the line soon after...

sansabri is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.