Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
This game falls in the Bruins favour so much that I'm a little worried.

- Rask always seems to play well against the Leafs and he's coming off a night where we gave up 6 so I think he'll be extra focussed.

- Seguin has become to the Leafs what Vanek is to the Bruins. To soon???

- It woulda be fitting that Dougie gets his first vs T.O. Thank you Kessel.

- The Bruins, as a whole, should come out with all sorts of intensity.

- Most importantly, I'll be there.

LET'S GO BRUINS!
Cheer loud for our boys and have a blast

02-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Just noticed that after this game, there's a 3 day layoff.

WHAT THE WHAT. The Superbowl is only one day... What am I going to do with my pathetic excuse of a life?

Old
02-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

vCash: 500
Teams will challenge the Bruins.

Orr will challenge Lucic. If Lucic doesn't fight will the Bruins lose even more of their rep. I have a feeling that Lucic has been thinking about this fight for a while.....I think he fights Orr tomorrow unless Captain Chara tries to send the league a message.

If Lucic or Chara lose decisively to Orr will this lead to the softening of the B's smaller players? Will opposing teams not be as intimidated when the face the Bruins?

Tomorrow nights game is huge. The Bruins need to win and to make it clear that what happened yesterday was a one-off.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post

Orr will challenge Lucic. If Lucic doesn't fight will the Bruins lose even more of their rep. I have a feeling that Lucic has been thinking about this fight for a while.....I think he fights Orr tomorrow unless Captain Chara tries to send the league a message.

If Lucic or Chara lose decisively to Orr will this lead to the softening of the B's smaller players? Will opposing teams not be as intimidated when the face the Bruins?

Tomorrow nights game is huge. The Bruins need to win and to make it clear that what happened yesterday was a one-off.
"Lose more of their rep" with whom?

I'm curious, do you think that players around the NHL are going to look at the Bruins' game with the Sabres and say to themselves, "Hey, the Bruins have gone soft, we can skate all over them now!"? I mean, do you really believe that?

Old
02-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:

If a goon wants to challenge one of our best forwards and 30 goal scorers, MacDermid vs. Kessel is just as valid.

Yes, Lucic is a good fighter, but that's a horrible trade off and a selfish play. We don't lose any rep, and we don't need any in the first place. If teams want to underestimate our toughness they'll pay later.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

I'm curious, do you think that players around the NHL are going to look at the Bruins' game with the Sabres and say to themselves, "Hey, the Bruins have gone soft, we can skate all over them now!"? I mean, do you really believe that?
Well like CS said...if they are nip that in the bud.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:

They may not think the Bruins are "soft" but they may start to think the Bruins aren't as tough as they thought they were. Which makes a big difference.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Leafs picked up Frazer Mclaren from San Jose 6'5 250 and is very good with the fists

Orr Brown Mclaren Fraser make this a very different team than last year

Old
02-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
They may not think the Bruins are "soft" but they may start to think the Bruins aren't as tough as they thought they were. Which makes a big difference.
No offense, but I don't think that's the case at all. Far from it.

Players aren't (Sabres) fans. One concussion due to a fight (especially Scott vs. Thornton, I mean really) isn't going to change the Bruins' reputation in the eyes of the guys out there on the ice with them. The Bruins are, collectively, the toughest ******** in the NHL. This is one game of 48, nothing more, nothing less.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
If a goon wants to challenge one of our best forwards and 30 goal scorers, MacDermid vs. Kessel is just as valid.

Yes, Lucic is a good fighter, but that's a horrible trade off and a selfish play. We don't lose any rep, and we don't need any in the first place. If teams want to underestimate our toughness they'll pay later.
Lucic watched don cherry call him out. Calling Lucic a quiter. Lucic will go with Orr...and Lucic will knock him out. then Lucic will drive down to buffalo to go and seek out John Scott. He will kick his ass. Then he will go to the Blue Oyster Club(sabres hangout) and punch Ruff in the nose and throw Ott across the bar knocking over Tyler Ennis' milk and cookies. Cryin' Ryan will call Lucic a PoS. Lucic will laugh and Ryan will cry.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
No offense, but I don't think that's the case at all. Far from it.

Players aren't (Sabres) fans. One concussion due to a fight (especially Scott vs. Thornton, I mean really) isn't going to change the Bruins' reputation in the eyes of the guys out there on the ice with them. The Bruins are, collectively, the toughest ******** in the NHL. This is one game of 48, nothing more, nothing less.
Idk. If it was just 1 game out of 48,it would not have been circled on all our schedules. This was a very important game for the Sabres. They past the test. The bruins have a few tests to pass now. The Leafs/Habs and a couple vs the Sabres coming up. Balls in the Bruins court.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Idk. If it was just 1 game out of 48,it would not have been circled on all our schedules. This was a very important game for the Sabres. They past the test. The bruins have a few tests to pass now. The Leafs/Habs and a couple vs the Sabres coming up. Balls in the Bruins court.
To reiterate: You are a fan, not a player. Yes, it was important for the Sabres, not so much for the Bruins (other than being a divisional game, of course). It was great for their self-esteem. Yay for them. It does not mean that every other player around the NHL is thinking the Bruins have suddenly gone soft, "lost their rep," or however else you want to cast it. Fans tend to look at such things in apocalyptic terms; players, not so much.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Saturday night.
Ok. Then the date is wrong on the GDT (it says 2/3). I'll fix it so no one gets confused.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
To reiterate: You are a fan, not a player. Yes, it was important for the Sabres, not so much for the Bruins (other than being a divisional game, of course). It was great for their self-esteem. Yay for them. It does not mean that every other player around the NHL is thinking the Bruins have suddenly gone soft, "lost their rep," or however else you want to cast it. Fans tend to look at such things in apocalyptic terms; players, not so much.
You don't think Thornton looked at the schedule and circled his first game vs the Sabres. It was important to the Bruins to neutralize Scott(Just like Thornton did to Laraque a few years ago) and they failed. Scott and the Sabres beat the Bruins. Now you think the back to back games in Buffalo is not on the Bruins minds? You think they will approach those games like just another game? you think Captain Chara isn't thinking about what he should do to rile up the troops? How about Lucic? You know he must feel somewhat responsible for what took place.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:47 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Leafs picked up Frazer Mclaren from San Jose 6'5 250 and is very good with the fists

Orr Brown Mclaren Fraser make this a very different team than last year
Brown is hurt so he won't be in the lineup. If they want to ice 2 goons all the better for us not having to deal with another line because they'll barely see the ice.

I will however say I have a sinking feeling about this game not being a good one for us and leafs fans planning the parade afterwards.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
You don't think Thornton looked at the schedule and circled his first game vs the Sabres. It was important to the Bruins to neutralize Scott(Just like Thornton did to Laraque a few years ago) and they failed. Scott and the Sabres beat the Bruins. Now you think the back to back games in Buffalo is not on the Bruins minds? You think they will approach those games like just another game? you think Captain Chara isn't thinking about what he should do to rile up the troops? How about Lucic? You know he must feel somewhat responsible for what took place.
I think right now the Bruins are probably enjoying a nice dinner in Toronto. And tomorrow they'll concentrate on beating the Leafs.

And what does all that have to do with the Bruins "losing more of their rep"?

Old
02-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
I think right now the Bruins are probably enjoying a nice dinner in Toronto. And tomorrow they'll concentrate on beating the Leafs.

And what does all that have to do with the Bruins "losing more of their rep"?
Because they will be challenged. And after last night they will respond. The outcome may not be favourable. Which can and lead to more challenges.
You really think that what happened yesterday has no effect on the Bruins?

Old
02-01-2013, 08:05 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
What are you talking about ? Fourth liner vs fourth liner ? Lucic should feel responsible for the worst defensive game the Bruins have played in years.

You and the rest of the league need to stop praying the Bruins have suddenly become soft due to some 6-8 goon beat Thornton in a fight. You need to get it into your thick scull that This Bruin team will not only kick your ass they will embarrass you on the score board as well when they are on there game.

There is NO-ONE in the East that could match that combination. Buffalo still sucks

I never realized how much butt hurt was out there.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Hopefully the team wins it for Thornton who has put his ass on the line for most of these guys at one time or another.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Because they will be challenged. And after last night they will respond. The outcome may not be favourable. Which can and lead to more challenges.
Did they discuss it? Undoubtedly.

Do I think they're obsessing over it the way some fans are? No.

Will they play the way they're capable of playing (physically, and smart defensively) and probably win their division and challenge for the Stanley Cup? Yes.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
What are you talking about ? Fourth liner vs fourth liner ? Lucic should feel responsible for the worst defensive game the Bruins have played in years.

You and the rest of the league need to stop praying the Bruins have suddenly become soft due to some 6-8 goon beat Thornton in a fight. You need to get it into your thick scull that This Bruin team will not only kick your ass they will embarrass you on the score board as well when they are on there game.

There is NO-ONE in the East that could match that combination. Buffalo still sucks

I never realized how much butt hurt was out there.
Calm down the attack. He's a Bruin fan.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:14 PM
C77

I'm 27 years old and the Leafs haven't been in the playoffs since I was in high school.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:19 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
Calm down the attack. He's a Bruin fan.
Apologies if so,

Old
02-01-2013, 08:42 PM
MapleLeafGardens*

We are Leafs Nation!!

Old
02-01-2013, 08:50 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
I'm sure they are upset one of their leaders and teammate is injured and that another teammate got hurt and is out as well. They lost their first game of the year in regular time. It was a bad game and we all hope they learn from it. Does it affect them in any way going forward? Not in the least. Does it make Lucic less of a crushing body checker? Not even a little. Does the thought of Chara going in to lay out Kessel still make Kessel sleep with his thumb in his mouth absolutely. Losing a fight doesn't all of a sudden mean we aren't a tough team or a tough team to play against.

Closed Thread