HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ex-Canucks Discussions - Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Lard_Lad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Russ played with his brother for a little bit but it wasn't a good line, so he started playing with Gelinas and Linden.

Bure was all over the map with different linemates, but around this time he was playing mostly with Ronning, Peca, and Linden.
Beranek and Momesso right after the trade, too.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Tyler Durden

Byron Bitz

Any updates on him? Anyone know where he is playing this season?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:51 PM
thepuckmonster
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Seems like Pyatt is making some noise in NYR.

Beautiful eyes, Taylor.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Nope, no sign of him anywhere.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:52 PM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I think that's reason he wasn't re-signed by the Canucks, looks like he packed it in.

Old
01-24-2013, 06:54 AM
jigsaw99

Pyatt is a good 4th liner. See other teams knows yet AV thought he waas top 6. Otherwise there would be no Pyatt hate around here.

Last edited by jigsaw99: 01-24-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 01:10 AM
Luceni

Hy guys,

no offense, but wouldnt you rather have Hodgson and Grabner on yout team than Raymond and Kassisn?

Old
01-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Hy guys,

no offense, but wouldnt you rather have Hodgson and Grabner on yout team than Raymond and Kassisn?
Can I have Grabner & Kassian?

Old
01-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Hy guys,

Nope.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Hy guys,

Yes of course. Id also like to have cam neely sign with us. Maybe Pavel Bure to. Sigh. Such is life.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:32 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 3550
Quote:
Hy guys,

Nope. Kassian fits better here, can be placed in any situation. Grabner is pretty much like Raymond, but Raymond is more reliable defensively, and he's had a fine start. Not always about the goals.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Tavartrick
All hail Wang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Nope. Kassian fits better here, can be placed in any situation. Grabner is pretty much like Raymond, but Raymond is more reliable defensively, and he's had a fine start. Not always about the goals.
Grabner is actually a pretty effective fore-checker and is solid on the penalty kill. But alas, we can agree to disagree.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Hy guys,

No. They are what they are now because we parted ways. Had they stayed with us, things might not have worked out too well for both parties.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Hy guys,

Nope. There are aspects of Hodgson and Grabner that I like, but Raymond and Kassisn are overall better.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:44 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Old man Sami with 2 assists and a +5 tonight.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:09 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 3550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavartrick View Post
Grabner is actually a pretty effective fore-checker and is solid on the penalty kill. But alas, we can agree to disagree.
Yeah, he's pretty much like Raymond, but I trust Raymond more 5 on 5 defensively, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Old man Sami with 2 assists and a +5 tonight.
Glad to see he's doing well in Tampa. Hopefully he can stay healthy there. I think I saw him paired with Victor Hedman, could be wrong though. Mentoring the young fellow in Tampa.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:11 AM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavartrick View Post
Raymond is a good checker.

We'll keep the guy that's been here awhile and more defensively responsible.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:25 AM
pahlsson

grabner is nothing like raymond, he actually gets breakaways with his speed

Old
01-26-2013, 02:08 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Sami is leading the NHL with +8.

His picture on NHL.com though seems to be with a Canucks uni.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:19 AM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Hy guys,

Grabner probably wouldn't have had the same success here that he did in NYI. Worked out nicely for him

So happy for Sami as well. Makes me sad he didn't retire a Canuck but wish nothing but the best for Salo!

Old
01-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Karter

Thought I'd share this hilarious article with you guys. "Top 10 Reasons to hate the Canucks" ...by a Canuck fan.

Anyways, check out #1

Quote:
#1 We hate Mark Messier

Mark Messier. I almost vomited a little as I wrote that. I in fact plan on formatting my hard drive the minute I am done writing this blog to erase every single bit of data associated with that Messier picture on my computer.

Mark Messier, a person universally hailed as the greatest leader in hockey history. A hall of famer who played with one of the greatest teams of all time in the Oilers, a man who saved New York from a long Stanley Cup drought, a man who currently has a trophy named after him for leadership. To everyone outside of Vancouver, he is an icon in hockey, a man who gave it his all to win, a man to be respected for everything he has accomplished in his career.

Ask anyone in Vancouver about Mark Messier, however, and you will find a surprising thing. Here, let's break it down how a conversation typically goes about Messier in Vancouver:

Tourist: Hi there, how are you doing?

Vancouverite: It's going good. We have some sun, so I can't complain.

Tourist: Could you recommend any good places to eat around here?

Vancouverite: Sure, you can try Flying Wedge pizza. A bit over priced, but they have some unique flavor options.

Tourist: Excellent. Could you recommend anything fun to do tonight for an out of towner?

Vancouverite: Sure, you should head down to Kits beach and watch the sunset. It's very serene.

Tourist: Excellent. Now, could you tell me about Mark Messier

Vancouverite: Get the **** away from me.

That is without fail how anyone in Vancouver will approach a conversation about Mark Messier. Old ladies who don't even watch hockey in Vancouver, instinctively they know to scream and fall to the ground and point at anyone who says Messier's name so that the locals can form together a posse to go hunt them down. People who aren't Vancouver fans truly don't understand it. They have no idea how we can hate a man who is so universally respected in hockey. To them, we are spitting on the legends of the game, showing no respect for the people who made hockey what it is today. So they question us as hockey fans and they add it to their hatred of us. But they don't know. They can never know how deep our hatred runs.

To sum it up, Mark Messier basically took a metaphorical dump all over Trevor Linden. Now, even the most dense hockey fans know Vancouver loves Trevor Linden. Trevor Linden is our boy, the kind of guy that if aliens ever attacked BC, we would all be perfectly calm because we know somehow, someway, Trevor Linden would be leading the charge and fending the aliens off. Trevor Linden is the real life Chuck Norris for Vancouver.

So when we have Mark Messier basically attacking Trevor Linden....well, let's just say, the easiest way to get your ass shipped out of BC is to have something bad to say about Trevor. Now imagine 10 years of someone attacking Trevor? Well, now maybe you'll understand why Mark Messier is banned in elementary schools for being a curse word. Go ahead, the next time you see a Vancouver fan, ask them this question:

"So what's the big deal about the end of game 6 in the Stanley Cup finals?"
Honestly, watch and look for the inner fire that bursts into their eyes and then go find a safe place to hide in as they begin their rant about the last minute of that game. It won't be pretty.

What does this mean for you folks? It means if you mess with one of our own, we will never let that feud die. We will take it to our graves. We will be the pettiest people you have ever seen, and we will make sure that those who go after our own, will never hear the end of it. I am pretty sure Mark Messier could be screaming and running down the streets of Vancouver on fire, and most people would wonder why he was making such a big deal out of it. We would still douse the flames, because we're Canadian, but after the fire was out we'd all probably start kicking him.

WE HATE MARK MESSIER. HE IS NOT A LEGEND OF HOCKEY TO US. WE SPIT ON YOUR IDEA OF HOCKEY HISTORY.
Source: http://thestanchion.blogspot.ca/2011...-part-two.html

Old
01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
rune74

-2 tonight for little cody.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:02 PM
timw33

Salo another 2 assists tonight.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Was never Canucks property per se but French born Antoine Roussel makes his NHL debut with Dallas and scores his first NHL goal.

Always liked this player, fearless.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:11 PM
MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Was never Canucks property per se but French born Antoine Roussel makes his NHL debut with Dallas and scores his first NHL goal.

Always liked this player, fearless.
Yeah, showed well in camp here and did a good job in Chicago.

The sort of player we should have been able to sign if not for the Rai/Anthony/Schneider/Tochkin type deals pushing us to the 50 contract limit.

Closed Thread