HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
Wow it is biting them in the *** big time, I hope that "Very important" 4th rounder was worth it Warren, Posa will probably get 5 Points between these two games. and the spits not making the playoffs still could have been prevented if Warren didn't sit on his *** so long and wait till the last couple of days to do a trade I mean he said after a Plymouth game that changes will be made and then he does nothing? He screwed this teams chances of making the playoffs and hosting next season.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Spitsfan67*

WINDSOR SPITFIRES LINES

RYCHEL-KOKO-STUDNICKA
JOHNSON-ALEARDI-GRAHAM
CLARK-GIFTOPOULOS-HO-SANG

MURPHY-BATEMAN
VAIL-EBERT
BROWN-BOWEN

DEKORT
PAVELKA

Those are the lines, I mean say a prayer those are brutal lines I mean Graham has 9 points in 25 games in Junior B and he will probably get a regular shift and that's not good, all signs are pointing to a blow out tonight unless Kerby/Koko/Aleardi he 2 or 3 each.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:57 PM
OHLTG

Rayzor, is that you??

Old
02-01-2013, 08:47 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
WINDSOR SPITFIRES LINES

RYCHEL-KOKO-STUDNICKA
JOHNSON-ALEARDI-GRAHAM
CLARK-GIFTOPOULOS-HO-SANG

MURPHY-BATEMAN
VAIL-EBERT
BROWN-BOWEN

DEKORT
PAVELKA

Those are the lines, I mean say a prayer those are brutal lines I mean Graham has 9 points in 25 games in Junior B and he will probably get a regular shift and that's not good, all signs are pointing to a blow out tonight unless Kerby/Koko/Aleardi he 2 or 3 each.
Yee,who has no faith,I thought the lines were pretty good myself overall

Old
02-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Spitsfan67*

Wow lucky win.... All Dekort there, that's why we drafted you in the Second round, I mean GREAT Game and in front of scouts game puck to you and it was one of Kerbys better games. They didn't deserve it that's cordite but at this point you take them where you can and hopefully build some momentum after these two HUGE points, Dekort better get the start on Sunday I mean after a game like this you have to come back to him because that's how he will gain confidence by getting rewarded for a great game and his best in the OHL.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:49 PM
hockeylegend11

Gutsy gritty effort,combined with a superlative performance by Jordan Dekort

His best game as a Spitfire,and probably his most satisfying

Combined with Saggy"s loss Spits trail now by 4 pts

Old
02-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Yee,who has no faith,I thought the lines were pretty good myself overall
Common give your head a shake Legend, you know I wasn't the only fan thinking it was going to be a blow out, and it was a terable game by the spits but Dekort came up playing great and is the only reason for the win I mean 16 shots in a game is not good enough, I obviously wanted the spits to win I hope they win every game but the lines looked brutal and they got lucky today and they have to bring a way better performance Sunday.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:53 PM
jah65

-hey SpitsFan thanks for confirming that it was a great effort! Nice to know you approve.Razor where are u?

Old
02-01-2013, 08:56 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Common give your head a shake Legend, you know I wasn't the only fan thinking it was going to be a blow out, and it was a terable game by the spits but Dekort came up playing great and is the only reason for the win I mean 16 shots in a game is not good enough, I obviously wanted the spits to win I hope they win every game but the lines looked brutal and they got lucky today and they have to bring a way better performance Sunday.
Tell me Spitfan ,how many breakways and 2 on 1 "s for Guelph tonite,1 or 2 at most

outside the 1st not many great scoring chances for the Storm,Spits only allowed 20 shots last 2 periods
The fact the Storm had 5 pp to 2,have to give credit to the pk and goaltending

Its too bad u dont give any credit on a gutsy,gritty effort against most odds

Old
02-01-2013, 09:00 PM
KyGuy9

WOW! Jordan DeKort... unbelieveable... that must be a confidence booster. You think he'll start on Sunday, and if so and performs well get a chance at battling for the starting postion? Hell, if he finishes well, we might not need Pav next year, and we can put the 2 1st imports to good use.

We finally have a scorer in top-20, Kerby tied for 18th.

HUGE that Saginaw lost to Peterborough tonight. Only 4 points behind.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Tell me Spitfan ,how many breakways and 2 on 1 "s for Guelph tonite,1 or 2 at most

outside the 1st not many great scoring chances for the Storm,Spits only allowed 20 shots last 2 periods
The fact the Storm had 5 pp to 2,have to give credit to the pk and goaltending

Its too bad u dont give any credit on a gutsy,gritty effort against most odds
Okay you tell me how many wins they get getting 15 shots and giving up 47 if that sounds like a good game to you then So be it, it was a gutsy win and like I said you take them where you can but 9 times out of 10 you won't win getting 15 shots and giving up that much wheather there 2 on 1's, breakaways or just shots I mean if Dekort didn't play the way he did they would have lost.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnintecumseh View Post
-hey SpitsFan thanks for confirming that it was a great effort! Nice to know you approve.Razor where are u?
Oh thanks for your input... I love it how people on this site act as if I'm the only person that thought they could get killed, I was just the only person that said anything even tho most spits fans thought it could be a long night, I didn't expect them to lose I said all signs are pointing to a blow out and they were, and again they didn't play that good they got a amazing effort by Dekort and got a win and I will take it.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:15 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Okay you tell me how many wins they get getting 15 shots and giving up 47 if that sounds like a good game to you then So be it, it was a gutsy win and like I said you take them where you can but 9 times out of 10 you won't win getting 15 shots and giving up that much wheather there 2 on 1's, breakaways or just shots I mean if Dekort didn't play the way he did they would have lost.
No doubt most times u dont win when outshot 3-1 in this case,but as i said the Storm were limited to 20 shots with 3 pp opps after getting 22 in the 1st,to be thats tightening up and playing a great road game the last 2 periods
After all Clark had 2 great chances and did not get a shot on goal and HoSang was robbed by Sparkes in the final 2 periods too

Old
02-01-2013, 09:20 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Oh thanks for your input... I love it how people on this site act as if I'm the only person that thought they could get killed, I was just the only person that said anything even tho most spits fans thought it could be a long night, I didn't expect them to lose I said all signs are pointing to a blow out and they were, and again they didn't play that good they got a amazing effort by Dekort and got a win and I will take it.
I will be the 1st to admit that I thought the Spits would be in tough tonite,though I rarely think blowout biut to say they played poorly is harsh
Limiting a team that had 22 shots in the 1st,to 20 in the last 2 is showing a good def effort cant see why u dont see it

Old
02-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
I will be the 1st to admit that I thought the Spits would be in tough tonite,though I rarely think blowout biut to say they played poorly is harsh
Limiting a team that had 22 shots in the 1st,to 20 in the last 2 is showing a good def effort cant see why u dont see it
I'm talking about an all around game, they did play a better last two periods especially in the second only giving up 9 shots but 47 shots and in a lot of games that's 3 or 4 goals against but Dekort played outstanding and like I said if he came in and didn't play the way he did the score would have been different. I just don't like it when people come on this site after the game and act as if I was the only fan thinking that this game could have been ugly but luckily they got the two points and for the third time they will take them in any way they can and they picked up a huge two points on the Spirit.

Last edited by Spitsfan67*: 02-01-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 09:38 PM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
I'm talking about an all around game, they did play a better last two periods especially in the second only giving up 9 shots but 47 shots and in a lot of games that's 3 or 4 goals against but Dekort played outstanding and like I said if he came in and didn't play the way he did the score would have been different. I just don't like it when people come on this site after the game and act as if I was the only fan thinking that this game could have been ugly but luckily they got the two points and for the third time they will take them in any way they can and they picked up a huge two poins on the Spirit.
Let's be fair tho spitsfan I admit I didn't get to watch or listen to the game today but from what I heard from my dad most of the shots were get them on net type shots. Posa had like five shot at least just thrown at the net. Is it possible Posa was telling the guys that Dekort has been shaky all year? REgardless tho I'll admit Dekort has played 2 good games in a row and should be starting as long as we keep winning. Pav I think needs some rest, as much as Dekort has been good we need Pav rested IF we make the playoffs.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:40 PM
hockeylegend11

Its too bad that Seiloff may be lost for the season,not confirmed,I still think Sarnia

may be the team that would drop,Spits now 8 pts back of Sarnia,as the Sting lost to

Ottawa,and are the only team in the west who is under 500 in the 10 games excluding

Erie

With Koekkoek and Seiloff out tough tough thing to overcome

Old
02-01-2013, 09:43 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
Let's be fair tho spitsfan I admit I didn't get to watch or listen to the game today but from what I heard from my dad most of the shots were get them on net type shots. Posa had like five shot at least just thrown at the net. Is it possible Posa was telling the guys that Dekort has been shaky all year? REgardless tho I'll admit Dekort has played 2 good games in a row and should be starting as long as we keep winning. Pav I think needs some rest, as much as Dekort has been good we need Pav rested IF we make the playoffs.
If Dekort keeps playing well and I hope he does of course,then he deserves to be the

guy not Pavelka,and if the playoffs become a reality then Dekort not Pavelka starts

Ride the hot guy,only way to go

Old
02-01-2013, 09:44 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Its too bad that Seiloff may be lost for the season,not confirmed,I still think Sarnia

may be the team that would drop,Spits now 8 pts back of Sarnia,as the Sting lost to

Ottawa,and are the only team in the west who is under 500 in the 10 games excluding

Erie

2nd last line should read under 500 in the last 10 games

Old
02-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
If Dekort keeps playing well and I hope he does of course,then he deserves to be the

guy not Pavelka,and if the playoffs become a reality then Dekort not Pavelka starts

Ride the hot guy,only way to go
That's why he should get the nod on Sunday I mean that's how you build confidence in your young goalie, if he plays a great game you show him that he will get rewarded with another start.

Last edited by Spitsfan67*: 02-01-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 09:57 PM
jah65

play until you lose makes sense

Old
02-01-2013, 10:02 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
That's why he should get the nod on Sunday I mean that's how you build confidence in your youn goalie, if he plays a great game you show him that he will get rewarded with another start.
We are definitely on the same page on this one,hope he keeps it up

Old
02-01-2013, 10:09 PM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Quote:

Erie

What happened to Seiloff?

Old
02-01-2013, 10:19 PM
NHL Fanatic

I thought someone said DeKort should be back in LaSalle hmmmmmm.............

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 02-02-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old
02-02-2013, 12:06 AM
jughead42

Damn, I didn't get to see the game. First thing I did after work was check the game summary, and I couldn't believe how short the Spits lineup was. Hearing about Sieloff is a punch in the sack, no doubt about it. I guess this is going to be another challenge for this team. Rychel with a pair, and Vail played on D?!?!!?!? These guys are real players damn it, way to step up. If the Spits manage to make the playoffs it will show a great deal of character, and give me a bit of confidence that we have the core of a winner in place. That 4th round pick will be worth it, Posa didn't help Guelph much tonight. Hopefully some bodies come back, and soon.

Closed Thread