HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion ‎IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 05:07 PM
  #376
WhoahNow
Registered User
 
WhoahNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Anyone know if he was playing on a line with A.Smith in Idaho?

WhoahNow is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 05:13 PM
  #377
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 49,822
vCash: 500
Not sure if he was with Austin or not, but he made the ECHL All-Star game..

Quote:
Fyten, 21, will be making his first trip to the highest level of minor-league hockey in North America. His 40 points (14 goals, 26 assists) are tops among all ECHL rookies and he was recently participated in the 2013 ECHL All-Star Game. The Sundre, Alberta, product has been on a torrid pace of late, scoring eight goals and chipping in 14 assists – 22 total points – over the team’s last 14 games.

__________________
"Now when people ask me where I'm from, I tell them Texas. Dallas, Texas." - Mike Modano, March 8th, 2014

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 05:19 PM
  #378
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
This is also his first season back from a torn ACL. He missed all of his last season of juniors in the WHL with the injury, but he was able to return for the playoffs.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:49 PM
  #379
piqued
Global Moderator
anyone order a dman?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 31,649
vCash: 131
Could Texas at full strength from about a month ago (with Eakin, R. Smith, Olekisak, Jo. Benn, Nilstorp) take down Dallas in a 7 game series?

piqued is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
  #380
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Could Texas at full strength from about a month ago (with Eakin, R. Smith, Olekisak, Jo. Benn, Nilstorp) take down Dallas in a 7 game series?


Probably not, but it would be close. Lethonen would steal the show.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:44 PM
  #381
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 49,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Could Texas at full strength from about a month ago (with Eakin, R. Smith, Olekisak, Jo. Benn, Nilstorp) take down Dallas in a 7 game series?
It'd be way closer than it should be, for sure.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 05:46 PM
  #382
Steelhead16
Registered User
 
Steelhead16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boise, ID
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoahNow View Post
Anyone know if he was playing on a line with A.Smith in Idaho?
With the crazy line ups this year he has played with everyone. Combine Austin Smith and Justin Dowling. Not quite as skilled as Smith and not as good a passer as Dowling but just below both of them for each skill and better in his own end than either of those two.

Steelhead16 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
  #383
WhoahNow
Registered User
 
WhoahNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead16 View Post
With the crazy line ups this year he has played with everyone. Combine Austin Smith and Justin Dowling. Not quite as skilled as Smith and not as good a passer as Dowling but just below both of them for each skill and better in his own end than either of those two.
Cool thanks! Seems like a solid addition to Texas.

WhoahNow is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
  #384
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Jamie's last AHL Award?

Quote:
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

AHL rookie and goalie of month were Oleksiak and Thiessen.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:25 PM
  #385
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Really looking forward to watching this Texas game tomorrow. He only faced 18 shots, but it sounds like Jack Campbell made some big saves to keep the game at 2-1 late.

Reilly Smith picks up where he left off and had 2 assists tonight. Sounds like he's playing with Fraser and Sceviour.

Wathier returned from injury.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:29 PM
  #386
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Forgot about this ... Fraser with a goal and assist now has a 10 game scoring streak.

Playoffs or no playoffs ... Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser are making it really hard for Dallas to not trade Jagr and Ryder later this season. Need to see what those guys can do in the NHL Top 6.

.... can't overlook that it sounds like Chiasson had some opportunities tonight. He's still playing very well.

Crazy how much Top 6 depth Dallas has.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:42 PM
  #387
Elysian
@AdamBath
 
Elysian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Forgot about this ... Fraser with a goal and assist now has a 10 game scoring streak.

Playoffs or no playoffs ... Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser are making it really hard for Dallas to not trade Jagr and Ryder later this season. Need to see what those guys can do in the NHL Top 6.

.... can't overlook that it sounds like Chiasson had some opportunities tonight. He's still playing very well.

Crazy how much Top 6 depth Dallas has.
It's refreshing, we need it.

Elysian is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:59 PM
  #388
MB94
@MBFarina94
 
MB94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,590
vCash: 500
Fraser reminds me so much of Ryder. I think the organization believes he will be Ryder's replacement once he leaves or gets traded

MB94 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
  #389
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Sucks Nilstrop will be healthy soon so he'll be back to the bench behind Nilstorp/Bachman.

Quote:
The Goalie Guild ‏@TheGoalieGuild

Quietly, Jack Campbell has won 4 of his last 5 games, stopping 141 of 151 shots. Beat the Aeros 2-1 tonight but only faced 18 shots.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:38 PM
  #390
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 12,721
vCash: 500
Texas now is the top team in the AHL, btw.

Pretty amazing turnaround.

MetalGodAOD is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:55 PM
  #391
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,707
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
**** it trade Wandell, Bachman and Robidas for something and AHL fodder.

Frozen Failure is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:56 PM
  #392
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Texas now is the top team in the AHL, btw.

Pretty amazing turnaround.
They actually made it to the top just before the All Star break. I think being idle while the Checkers were playing made them lose the distinction coming out of the break.

They are definitely firing on all cylinders.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 12:14 AM
  #393
piqued
Global Moderator
anyone order a dman?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 31,649
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
**** it trade Wandell, Bachman and Robidas for something and AHL fodder.
Let's not trade our healthy goaltending depth when the other 2 guys are battling groin tweaks.

piqued is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 12:21 AM
  #394
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Let's not trade our healthy goaltending depth when the other 2 guys are battling groin tweaks.
Was that actually confirmed about the groin for Lehts? I only ever remember seeing "tweak" and no specified body part. Probably a good assumption it was the groin, but just curious if they ever confirmed.

Regardless I agree the early injuries mean you have to wait until the last second to make a move. Until I see otherwise, and since they said the free agency rules weren't changing, I'll just keep assuming Bachs is a UFA this summer. They need to get some value for which evey guy they don't want as the backup if possible, but based on the lower value you're going to get for an unproven goalie anyway I could see them holding onto both guys beyond the trade deadline because of the injury risk.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:51 AM
  #395
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 5,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Was that actually confirmed about the groin for Lehts? I only ever remember seeing "tweak" and no specified body part. Probably a good assumption it was the groin, but just curious if they ever confirmed.

Regardless I agree the early injuries mean you have to wait until the last second to make a move. Until I see otherwise, and since they said the free agency rules weren't changing, I'll just keep assuming Bachs is a UFA this summer. They need to get some value for which evey guy they don't want as the backup if possible, but based on the lower value you're going to get for an unproven goalie anyway I could see them holding onto both guys beyond the trade deadline because of the injury risk.
With the deadline so late how big a chance are you taking? I don't expect a huge return for either backup goalie but trading one at the deadline isn't nearly the risk of 20+ games a normal season presents.

I don't think Joe has the stones to make a bold move by shipping out whoever for a 4th round pick but getting an asset for a guy who's not in your plans next season shouldn't be dismissed because possibly, maybe we might need our 3rd goalie.

Hull Fan is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:04 PM
  #396
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
These guys still exist, and they are actually not competing against Big D for once.

Beskorowany was recently reassigned to Idaho so they feel Nilstorp is game ready, but IDK if he or Campbell plays tonight. Jack is so dialed in right now so I'm hoping he gets the nod.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:14 PM
  #397
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,465
vCash: 500
I must've missed when Nilstrop was sent down...

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:02 PM
  #398
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Nilstorp will start tonight.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
  #399
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Lines:

Quote:
HundredDegreeHockey ‏@100degreehockey
Line rushes in warmup: 25-23-7; 19-10-29; 40-38-9; 13-16; Morin in, but Gazdic held out due to injury. #txstars
Glennie is also still injured. Hedden has been suspended 1 game.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:44 PM
  #400
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Lines:



Glennie is also still injured. Hedden has been suspended 1 game.
"Injured."

LatvianTwist is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.