HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Cammalleri

Old
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

vCash: 500
Well that didn't take long.

It's just Cammy being Cammy. He'll get hot soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Ah the usual you must not watch him play because you have a different opinion of him. I have seen every Habs game so far he has been pretty good but if you only expect him to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener then I guess you would think he has been great, but he is capable of much more I wouldn't describe his game a being great.
The main difference being unlike last season, Bourque actually looks like he gives a rat's ass. He hasn't taken any shifts off (yet, knock on wood) and he's been generating offense. I wouldn't say he's been great but he looks like he's found some chemistry with Plekanec and Gionta.

Seth Rollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:38 PM
SEALBound

Kennedy + 2nd

Dupuis-Sid-Cammy
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

SEALBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:13 PM
CoRD
@HawnzDynasty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Kennedy + 2nd

Dupuis-Sid-Cammy
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Kennedy + 2nd

Dupuis-Sid-Cammy
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
OK, I will play along. How do you fit Cammy into the cap next year exactly since its going down to 64 million? That is a 6 million cap hit right there. I would do that one obviously, but ...

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:49 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
If you rely on Ramo to be your next 1 goalie after Kipper retires, then you are in deep trouble.
He is a decent number 2 at best.
Ramo was a throw-in because he didn't want to sign with Montreal. Has nothing to do with this garbage about how you think he's a career backup goaltender when he's spent almost no time in the NHL.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:57 PM
ginovegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
His contract is atrocious, and he's not playing very well this season. What sort of return would the Flames see on #13?
he wasnt playing very well last year either

how about Cammy and a 1st for Bourque

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:35 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
he wasnt playing very well last year either

how about Cammy and a 1st for Bourque
He actually played strong hockey for the Flames last year, but I wouldn't expect you to know that. Bourque has one more point than Cammalleri this season with a game in hand, that's hardly a saving grace for the trade from a Montreal standpoint considering how useless Bourque has been for the better half of two and a half seasons now.

Since the trade
Rene Bourque - 44 Games played, 6 goals, 5 Assists, 11 Points.
Mike Cammalleri - 33 Games played, 11 Goals, 10 Assists, 21 Points.

What point are you trying to make here?

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:46 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Since the trade
Rene Bourque - 44 Games played, 6 goals, 5 Assists, 11 Points.
Mike Cammalleri - 33 Games played, 11 Goals, 10 Assists, 21 Points.
Wow I didn't realize how bad Bourque really fell off, looks like Calgary picked a very good time to get rid of him. Those are 3/4th line numbers right there, not to mention the 3.3 Mill he is making the next 4 years.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:05 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Wow I didn't realize how bad Bourque really fell off, looks like Calgary picked a very good time to get rid of him. Those are 3/4th line numbers right there, not to mention the 3.3 Mill he is making the next 4 years.
lol Some very selective stats you have there. Bourque @ 3.3million playing excellent on Montreals top line while Cammy @ 6 barely able to skate in Calgary. Ddin't actually watch Montreal last season did you? Not even mentioning Bourque was injured, it doesn't surprise me.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
No one said Ramo would be another Rinne, but to suggest Ramo hasn't improved is ludicrous. He has shown consistent improvement each year in the KHL, plus he was what 21-23 during his time in Tampa? Most goaltenders aren't even NHL ready by 23. By no means is he a guarantee to be a steal, but to outright write him off it preposterous.
Ramo is a solid NHL caliber back up goalie. Maybe a starter on a weaker club. If can get him to come over.

If Habs are in playoff hunt this spring like to take a run at Iglina? Offer their 2nd pick back with a decent player like Eller?

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:27 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
lol Some very selective stats you have there. Bourque @ 3.3million playing excellent on Montreals top line while Cammy @ 6 barely able to skate in Calgary. Ddin't actually watch Montreal last season did you? Not even mentioning Bourque was injured, it doesn't surprise me.
So was Cammy and Cammy only has 1 more year at 6 Bourque has 3

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:31 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
So was Cammy and Cammy only has 1 more year at 6 Bourque has 3
Ya 3 years at 3.3, whooptee do. We could stick him on the third line, no one is paying top dollar for Cammy when he brings nothing but a big bill to the table.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:35 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Ya 3 years at 3.3, whooptee do. We could stick him on the third line, no one is paying top dollar for Cammy when he brings nothing but a big bill to the table.
He brings more to the table when he plays well which is about as often as it is when bourque plays well but he has lower lows, you pay long term for an inconsistent player, we play more now but only short term. Both fan bases seem happier with the players they got can we drop it and just take about Cammy in this thread.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:38 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Cammalleri's value is dependent on how much of his salary the Flames are willing to eat. If they eat 50%, I could see a playoff team giving up a 1st for his services during a playoff run.

Otherwise, I don't think anyone would be willing to give anything of value for at least 7M of salary next season.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:12 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Let me get this straight.

44 Game sample size = Selective statistic
5 Game sample size = Sound grounds to support your argument

Got it.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:12 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

people are forgetting salary can be retained cammy is VERY moveable if calgary retains salary

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:45 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Ramo is a solid NHL caliber back up goalie. Maybe a starter on a weaker club. If can get him to come over.

If Habs are in playoff hunt this spring like to take a run at Iglina? Offer their 2nd pick back with a decent player like Eller?
that is an absolutely brutal offer for Iginla. That isn't even good enough to be an after thought.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Mats86

Quote:
that is an absolutely brutal offer for Iginla. That isn't even good enough to be an after thought.
Why that is a good offer? Calgary's pick sure to be in 30s in a very deep draft. Every draft always somebody you have rated high who slides into 2nd round. Somebody like Domi, Gauthier, Petan will be there. Eller is a good hockey player. You are getting 2 good young players for 37 year old Ingila.

Last edited by Mats86: 02-03-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old
02-03-2013, 08:47 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
You can have a 2nd and Tim Connolly

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:45 AM
FanHabtic

I see Cammy is quickly becoming persona nob grata in Calgary. So glad to have gotten rid of him and his caphit!

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Why that is a good offer? Calgary's pick sure to be in 30s in a very deep draft. Every draft always somebody you have rated high who slides into 2nd round. Somebody like Domi, Gauthier, Petan will be there. Eller is a good hockey player. You are getting 2 good young players for 37 year old Ingila.
Iginla will return a 1st round pick and a high end prospect. Not a 2nd round pick and an underwhelming young player.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Iginla's 35 and it's a bad offer because the Flames can get more.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:31 PM
HabsSlappy

I for one wanted Cammy out of Montreal for a year before he was traded. He is probably the must frightened player on the ice. I am convinced that many times he would intentionally miss passes or fall down when be saw that he may have to engage in physical contact. Other times it is more obvious where he will be winning a race to the puck and then slow down making it look like he is trying to outsmart the other player by doing a cute jump.

Honestly, I would have taken a 2nd rounder only for him last year and I suspect that is still his value since scouts likely see what I have just described. Add on top of that a horrible salary and cap hit.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I for one wanted Cammy out of Montreal for a year before he was traded. He is probably the must frightened player on the ice. I am convinced that many times he would intentionally miss passes or fall down when be saw that he may have to engage in physical contact. Other times it is more obvious where he will be winning a race to the puck and then slow down making it look like he is trying to outsmart the other player by doing a cute jump.

Honestly, I would have taken a 2nd rounder only for him last year and I suspect that is still his value since scouts likely see what I have just described. Add on top of that a horrible salary and cap hit.
This is why I don't understand the pissing match between the fan bases. Flames fans would have pretty much given Bourque away, Habs fans would have pretty much given Cammalleri away, so the deal was Essentially Ramo/5th for 2nd/Holland which is a deal that helps both teams IMO.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Iginla will return a 1st round pick and a high end prospect. Not a 2nd round pick and an underwhelming young player.
No, you wouldn't get that high. Not both, not in this draft where it is stacked. If you get a first most you'll get is a second tier prospect who'll likely never make it or a bottom line player. Ignila is UFA and already on downside of his career. You sound like one of those guys who over rate their players.

Just look at similar players traded for in the past. Hossa, who was in his prime when traded to Pitt, netted a first, fringe prospect(Angelo Esposito) and a 4th liner(Armstrong). Forsberg netted a first, Upshall and fringe prospect who never made it.