HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Metro Seattle: NHL, NBA and Arena - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Stonewall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
a few Totems concepts with green and black:

Woah, I love the Totems script. That would make a great alternate.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:17 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:

I like these colors. Remind me of my middle school basketball team.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:45 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Wow not too bad, nice using the totem as the T

Old
02-02-2013, 01:09 AM
JetsAlternate

Quote:

I do think I prefer the Totems' other logo. It seems easier to associate with a brand rather than this one. The jersey looks sharp, though, and I like the specific shade of green you chose. I like the collar on both as well.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 02-02-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old
02-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Coyotedelmar

Being the NHL is at least saying they want to keep the team in Phoenix for now, doesn't that give a bit of a hope it will be Seattle? Find a buyer, put in a 3-5 year out clause, giving Seattle time to get a new arena, then say, "Nope, not working here," bolt to Seattle without having to deal with all the issues of moving pre-stadium.

Just speculating though (and don't want to see the team leave Phoenix), but seems like it is at least slightly plausible, given the fact they'd have a choice of three small arenas otherwise while waiting for the new one to be built.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:34 AM
JetsAlternate

I posted an earlier version of this a while ago. Today, I decided to revisit it by changing the shade of green slightly and cleaning it up a bit.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:36 AM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotedelmar View Post
Being the NHL is at least saying they want to keep the team in Phoenix for now, doesn't that give a bit of a hope it will be Seattle? Find a buyer, put in a 3-5 year out clause, giving Seattle time to get a new arena, then say, "Nope, not working here," bolt to Seattle without having to deal with all the issues of moving pre-stadium.

Just speculating though (and don't want to see the team leave Phoenix), but seems like it is at least slightly plausible, given the fact they'd have a choice of three small arenas otherwise while waiting for the new one to be built.

I think that is what the NHL wants, but I think the fans would know what the deal is and stop coming to the games

Old
02-02-2013, 02:44 AM
MuzikMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
I posted an earlier version of this a while ago. Today, I decided to revisit it by changing the shade of green slightly and cleaning it up a bit.

I like it! Just more for curiosity sake, how would that concept look with a black helmet?

Old
02-02-2013, 03:00 AM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzikMachine View Post
I like it! Just more for curiosity sake, how would that concept look with a black helmet?
Something like this:

I think I prefer the green helmets, though.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:37 PM
CorbeauNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotedelmar View Post
I think most people would be wise to the reality that those 3 years would be a lame duck period, and then you'd REALLY see some dismal attendance numbers.

In any case I don't think the NHL has anything more to prove with regards to their desire to keep the team in Phoenix, they've been hanging onto it for the last three years after all. And while I know this is the Seattle thread, unlike Key Arena I wouldn't consider the Colisee a 'small' temporary arena option considering that it's a similar size to the MTS Center in a city with a similar population. The issue with it seems to be more one of the building's age and facilities rather than its size (or its layout, considering how awkwardly Key is set up for hockey). Between that and this shebang Seattle seeming to be dependent on an NBA deal I'm still not entirely convinced that QC isn't the frontrunner.

Old
02-03-2013, 07:16 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
I think most people would be wise to the reality that those 3 years would be a lame duck period, and then you'd REALLY see some dismal attendance numbers.

In any case I don't think the NHL has anything more to prove with regards to their desire to keep the team in Phoenix, they've been hanging onto it for the last three years after all. And while I know this is the Seattle thread, unlike Key Arena I wouldn't consider the Colisee a 'small' temporary arena option considering that it's a similar size to the MTS Center in a city with a similar population. The issue with it seems to be more one of the building's age and facilities rather than its size (or its layout, considering how awkwardly Key is set up for hockey). Between that and this shebang Seattle seeming to be dependent on an NBA deal I'm still not entirely convinced that QC isn't the frontrunner.
We'll find out in April if we are getting the sonics back or not so far its not looking good for Sacramento that they will keep their team.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:28 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Is that really what the team name supposed to be? The Totems? If its classic for the city cool, but a bad decision way back in the day doesn't make it a good decision now. The Seattle Totems? That just sounds terrible. It appears you had a few names for that team though. Ironmen, Bombers, and Americans all sound much better then the Totems... Just my opinion though...

Old
02-04-2013, 01:52 AM
silvercanuck

Seattle Totems resonates with people in polls. It was the original name for Seattle's hockey team in the 60's and 70's and it would have been the name for an NHL expansion team. Personally I think it's miles better than anything else that gets play.

Last edited by silvercanuck: 02-04-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old
02-04-2013, 02:20 AM
derriko

vCash: 4116
The Americans is the worst team name in the history of sports. The Tri City team has 2-3 Americans actually on the roster per year, and this is a Canadian sport anyways. And dont even get me started on the national anthems before games haha.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:01 AM
snovalleyhockeyfan

http://seattletimes.com/html/hockey/..._hockey04.html

The Times' M's beat writer, Geoff Baker, is back trying his best to offer his views up on whether the Coyotes will move here, or to Quebec City.

One hopes he'll do again this year what he did last year while he was down at spring training - and which got a lot of play IIRC on this board - his "hidden camera investigation" of ticket sales/availability for a Coyotes game in Glendale......Anyone remember that?

Old
02-04-2013, 12:38 PM
tank44

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovalleyhockeyfan View Post
http://seattletimes.com/html/hockey/..._hockey04.html

The Times' M's beat writer, Geoff Baker, is back trying his best to offer his views up on whether the Coyotes will move here, or to Quebec City.

One hopes he'll do again this year what he did last year while he was down at spring training - and which got a lot of play IIRC on this board - his "hidden camera investigation" of ticket sales/availability for a Coyotes game in Glendale......Anyone remember that?
Although Baker is Canadian and I imagine he would like NHL in Seattle I have 2 issues with the article:
1> He writes for the Seattle Times which has been anti-arena from day 1. The article has the tone that it was not him writing freely.
2> I believe Baker is from Montreal/Quebec area and thus may have a preference to get his old hometown rivalry back in business.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:44 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

He is from Montreal Canada I believe and also his wife is one of those Hardcore Anti-Arena editors/reporters I believe. Not that what he writes does not have merit, however

Old
02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
He is from Montreal Canada I believe and also his wife is one of those Hardcore Anti-Arena editors/reporters I believe. Not that what he writes does not have merit, however
His argumentation is flawless though...

Old
02-04-2013, 02:52 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

This guy works for KJ in a official capacity:

Quote:
R.E. Graswich @REGraswich

Sense is Sea's Hansen not quite as pregnant as he wants people to believe.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:35 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...money-too.html

THN suggests that a ownership group of levin/kourles/Hulzier buy the yotes and moves them to Seattle

Old
02-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...money-too.html

THN suggests that a ownership group of levin/kourles/Hulzier buy the yotes and moves them to Seattle
Dont hold your breath on such an alliance. Campbell is a terrible hockey commentator.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
MuzikMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
His argumentation is flawless though...
He has a point and his argument is logical, but I wouldn't call it "flawless". Unless he has sources inside the NHL commissioners office, this article is simply his opinion on how the Coyotes might play out. Personally, I think if all things were equal (a new arena under construction, a willing owner, etc) and relocation was the only option, the NHL would want to move the Coyotes to Seattle.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:07 PM
snovalleyhockeyfan

Quote:
This guy works for KJ in a official capacity:
Good find. Someone ought to alert Chris Daniels to these tweets.....

BTW, on more serious matters, there is a KJ news conference scheduled for tomorrow; the latest is that it's just his weekly press availability, but you never know with these things....

Old
02-04-2013, 06:29 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovalleyhockeyfan View Post
Good find. Someone ought to alert Chris Daniels to these tweets.....

BTW, on more serious matters, there is a KJ news conference scheduled for tomorrow; the latest is that it's just his weekly press availability, but you never know with these things....
Got a local sports host engaging him.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:12 PM
MuzikMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
Something like this:

I think I prefer the green helmets, though.
I'm still leaning towards black helmets, but both look good. Thanks for doing that up!

Closed Thread