HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The CBJ "ALL GONE" team

Old
02-01-2013, 08:43 PM
gocbj

vCash: 500
The CBJ "ALL GONE" team

I am watching the Flyers on TV and got to thinking how nice it would be to have Voracek back. He was a free bird, but he cares and works hard.

That led me to wondering if we had better players today than all of the "yesteryears" combined (of the players still playing).

So I thought I would put together the CBJ All Gone team and compare it to today's team to see who is better.

What I quickly realized is apparently, our management apparently can't pick talent for crap. The vast majority of people who leave the CBJ are out of the league quickly. I have not compared it to other teams, but I suspect that our numbers are horrible compared to most.

Off the top of my head (and reading through former CBJ rosters), there are only 21 former CBJ still in the league! Now, a more thorough count of a few not-so-familiar-names may turn up 10 more, but here is the list. Since there are only 21 i could recall, by default, they all made my "all gone" team:

Goalie: ...uhhh....ummm...is one still in the league?

Defense: Methot, Rome, Russell, Hejda, Klesla, Stralman, Hainsey, Aaron Johnson, Beauchemin.

Forwards:
Voracek Vermette Nash (I like that line)
Carter Malhotra Chimera (yep, already piecing stuff together)
Upshall Whitney Glencross (thankfully Upshall was here for 21 games...maybe we shift Johnson to Forward)
Shelley Konopka Rupp (I actually really like that 4th line)

So, that's my "all gone" team - the best of the best who once played for the CBJ but no longer do, and are still in the league.

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:10 PM
JacketFanInFL

vCash: 500
Whitney - Carter - Nash
Zherdev - Vermette - Voracek
Chimera - Malhotra - Williams
Torres - Sestito - Glencross

Klesla - Beauchemin
Russell - Hejda
Methot - Clitsome