HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room VII

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Hawkman
Maddon MLB 15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
Norway focuses more on other winter sports like skiing and skijumping. Its the only thing norway has.. oh and oil!
Thanks. I'm not anti-Scandinavian. I chose my son's godfather and my ancestors are from there so hope I guys (not you) don't take it the wrong way.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:37 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Quote:
Norway focuses more on other winter sports like skiing and skijumping. Its the only thing norway has.. oh and oil!
It's also famous for its fish farms.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:38 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Happy birthday to TDMM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Happy Birthday TDMM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
happy birthday man!!!
Thanks, guys. I'm celebrating by taking a day off from helping update the OP

Old
01-31-2013, 04:47 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
It's also famous for its fish farms.
ye loads of swedes works there...

Old
01-31-2013, 05:18 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
just put this in the ''you may be an ATDer'' thread.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Hawkman
Maddon MLB 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Happy Birthday! Hopefully you're still on the young side of 30!

Old
01-31-2013, 06:19 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

I bought all the Next generation Star Trek seasons , used.I've listened to 4 episodes now , this is pretty good.I'm hooked.I'm thrilled because even though I got a good deal I gambled that I would like it before buying it.

Now I am also in love with Deanna Troi.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
I bought all the Next generation Star Trek seasons , used.I've listened to 4 episodes now , this is pretty good.I'm hooked.I'm thrilled because even though I got a good deal I gambled that I would like it before buying it.

Now I am also in love with Deanna Troi.
I hate troi... probably the worst actress ever...

Old
01-31-2013, 06:48 PM
Hawkman
Maddon MLB 15

Quote:
I hate troi... probably the worst actress ever...
I realize you said actress, but you need to check out William Shatner.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm View Post
I realize you said actress, but you need to check out William Shatner.
Shes actually worse than shatner..

Old
01-31-2013, 07:01 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

The board is humming:

HERE NOW: ‎VanIslander, ‎monster_bertuzzi, ‎Jafar, ‎SchultzSquared, ‎EagleBelfour, ‎Stoneberg, ‎tony d, ‎Reds4Life, ‎vecens24, ‎sluggoed, ‎Dreakmur, ‎BillyShoe1721, ‎Rusty Shackleford, ‎nik jr, ‎papershoes, ‎KingForsberg, ‎TheDevilMadeMe, ‎DoMakc, ‎Nalyd Psycho, ‎bluesfan94

Old
02-01-2013, 08:15 AM
EagleBelfour

Anyone have been to Russia that want to share their experience & give me some hindsight on which city/attraction to visit? I'm sending my visa application in the next 3-5 days and I need to put inside it all the city I want to visit and the number of days I will be staying in each of them. (I will be visiting Western Russia only this time around)

Old
02-01-2013, 08:20 AM
jkrx

Quote:
Anyone have been to Russia that want to share their experience & give me some hindsight on which city/attraction to visit? I'm sending my visa application in the next 3-5 days and I need to put inside it all the city I want to visit and the number of days I will be staying in each of them. (I will be visiting Western Russia only this time around)
Moscow (but I guess that's a given) and sankt peterburg. I wouldnt risk going to the smaller places, as from what I've heard from friends, they are a bit unstable when it comes to tourism.

Russia is a nice country to visit though and people there are friendly (moscow is a bit like NY though)

Old
02-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
I much preferred St. Petersburg to Moscow. St Pete's is really a lovely city with a quite cosmopolitan, European feel to it. Moscow is very interesting, but considerably less welcoming, in my experience.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:25 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I much preferred St. Petersburg to Moscow. St Pete's is really a lovely city with a quite cosmopolitan, European feel to it. Moscow is very interesting, but considerably less welcoming, in my experience.
Me too. St. Petersburg is one of the most beautiful places I've been to in my life. I also think I saw more smiles in my first hour in St. Petersburg than in my week in Moscow.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:53 AM
EagleBelfour

A lot of people went to Russia, heh?

I've heard that St-Petersburg was far more laid back and touristic than Moscow. Anyway, I will be spending a week each in each city. I'm more looking to find those other touristic places that are worth visiting. I've heard Novgorod is great, Vladimir also.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Quote:
A lot of people went to Russia, heh?

I've heard that St-Petersburg was far more laid back and touristic than Moscow. Anyway, I will be spending a week each in each city. I'm more looking to find those other touristic places that are worth visiting. I've heard Novgorod is great, Vladimir also.
If you ever decide to take the Siberian railway to Vladivostok let me know and I'll gladly meet up and buy you some borscht and vodka, then play some chess in the park. (That's how we Caucasians roll along the Asian half of the Pacific Rim. .. though an impromptu game of shinny ain't out of the question!)

(Seriously, ANYONE thinking they might at all make the trip to the 2018 Winter Olympics for hockey, drop me a PM. Ill be here in SK until then, knock on wood. I'll put you up, take you out, get you full, get you drunk, get you on the plane, train or boat safely thereafter. It's called hospitality.)

Old
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
If you ever decide to take the Siberian railway to Vladivostok let me know and I'll gladly meet up and buy you some borscht and vodka, then play some chess in the park. (That's how we Caucasians roll along the Asian half of the Pacific Rim. .. though an impromptu game of shinny ain't out of the question!)

(Seriously, ANYONE thinking they might at all make the trip to the 2018 Winter Olympics for hockey, drop me a PM. Ill be here in SK until then, knock on wood. I'll put you up, take you out, get you full, get you drunk, get you on the plane, train or boat safely thereafter. It's called hospitality.)
I might take u up on that

Old
02-01-2013, 11:44 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Quote:
I might take u up on that
PM me.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:29 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Jaromir Jagr scored the game-winning shootout goal again tonight against Phoenix but the three stars of the game imo were Kari Lehtonen (so quick! about a half dozen highlight-worthy saves, confident control of rebounds and clearance of crease), Keith Yandle (lateral movement, puck control, smart jump into the play, effective backchecking, good coverage of offensive wingers in the slot when on the pk) and Loui Eriksson (in the play every shift it seems, very noticeable battling for the puck along the boards, interfering with rushes, stealing pucks, surging up to recover dump ins).

I can't recall watching an entire Phoenix-Dallas game ever before, but I'm glad I did now, as this one was pretty good!

Old
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Jaromir Jagr scored the game-winning shootout goal again tonight against Phoenix but the three stars of the game imo were Kari Lehtonen (so quick! about a half dozen highlight-worthy saves, confident control of rebounds and clearance of crease), Keith Yandle (lateral movement, puck control, smart jump into the play, effective backchecking, good coverage of offensive wingers in the slot when on the pk) and Loui Eriksson (in the play every shift it seems, very noticeable battling for the puck along the boards, interfering with rushes, stealing pucks, surging up to recover dump ins).

I can't recall watching an entire Phoenix-Dallas game ever before, but I'm glad I did now, as this one was pretty good!
The Pacific Division has been the best-kept secret in hockey for about as long as there's been a Pacific Division.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:31 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

San Jose just lost its first game of the season, in a shootout. Third liners with great career shootout stats Handzus and Legwand both failed against very composed Niemi and Rinne. Then a Craig Smith for Nashville nails it on a sweet backhand fake forehand riser. Pavelski failed to equalize, despite a good career average.

It was the Sharks first game this season in which puck movement wasn't a strength. Nashville was all over them, with little room to skate. Gaps were closed so fast! A good defensive-minded game, though not so entertaining for me.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:37 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Am I the only one who won't watch the super bowl?

Sure I'll be glad for the 49ers if they win , but I don't care enough to actually watch the game.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:38 PM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Am I the only one who couldn't give less of a **** about the Super Bowl?
I will watch it a little bit but I'm not very interested in football.

I didn't even know who was playing until today.

Baseball and football I find terribly boring to watch because there is no flow.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:42 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
I will watch it a little bit but I'm not very interested in football.

I didn't even know who was playing until today.

Baseball and football I find terribly boring to watch because there is no flow.
Well since I prefer the 49ers I guess I COULD give less of a **** , but not interested in football that much either.

Baseball I like but it's not a sport you watch and concentrate on all game long.More of a thing you put in the background.

I miss my Expos

I would be so thrilled if they could come back , I live just beside the Olympic Stadium.I prefer paying 20$ (more like 5$ in the end) to watch the Expos near my appartment than paying 200$ to watch the habs downtown that's for sure.I'm not Bill Gates.Hockey in Montreal is just too expensive , the only time I go is when someone I know someone who has a business and have free tickets.

Closed Thread