HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 09:40 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Tatar 3G.
Nyquist G,2A.

(Can certainly see why they're playing AHL...)

Andersson 2A.
Mrazek 21/22.
Out of all the players left in the AHL, Nyquist leads the scoring and Tatar is 4th. Nope, not ripe enough.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:21 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Tatar 3G.
Nyquist G,2A.

(Can certainly see why they're playing AHL...)

Andersson 2A.
Mrazek 21/22.

It's not like we couldn't use the secondary scoring or anything...

Did anyone catch any of the game that could shed some light on the goals? I'm assuming that there will be a youtube of the game's highlights uploaded somewhat soon.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:30 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post

It's not like we couldn't use the secondary scoring or anything...

Did anyone catch any of the game that could shed some light on the goals? I'm assuming that there will be a youtube of the game's highlights uploaded somewhat soon.
Griffvision has them out fairly quickly with interviews on YT.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Gorgeous George

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Out of all the players left in the AHL, Nyquist leads the scoring and Tatar is 4th. Nope, not ripe enough.
Cannot wait to see what Tatar can do if he makes the club full time next season. Should develop into a nice 55-60 pt second line winger with time.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:26 PM
BeerLeagueAllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Griffvision has them out fairly quickly with interviews on YT.
Griffvision only has video for home games, I believe this was an away game.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
BeerLeagueAllStar

Old
02-02-2013, 02:11 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I've mentioned this in a few threads, but if I was in Nyquist's spot I would seriously be contemplating requesting a trade. So many injuries and struggles in the bottom 6 and still guys like Cory Emmerton play over me.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:21 AM
FissionFire

Emmerton barely gets 8 minutes per game, and that's on a good night. I think Nyquist understands that the Wings prefer he plays 16-20 minutes every night in AHL to riding the bench and playing few minutes in NHL.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:06 AM
joe89

They're not really competing with Emmerton who's a center. But there are a few wingers I could imagine them playing over right now..

Old
02-02-2013, 07:37 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Emmerton barely gets 8 minutes per game, and that's on a good night. I think Nyquist understands that the Wings prefer he plays 16-20 minutes every night in AHL to riding the bench and playing few minutes in NHL.
Curse you and your logic.... How dare you get in the way our fantasies of becoming one of these rough and tumble young teams that everyone else has.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Jurky
#FireHolland

Kenny has basically already said he is going to wait 20 games before shaking the roster up via trade or otherwise if he feels there is a need. If the bottom six is still struggling 13 games for now I'm sure Nyquist and/or Tatar will get playing time.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:50 AM
The Nose
#FireHolland

What's great about Gus and Tats' success this year is that they're consistently bringing it every night and producing. Not just scoring a ton of points one game and then disappearing for the next. Sign of a true professional.

Hopefully Jurco can learn from them. Although I think Blashill is the perfect coach for him and is handling him the right way, I'm still worried about him.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:38 PM
InjuredChoker

Or... they develop little bit of bad habits playing against AHL level goalies and D. Gotta hope that's not the case.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:40 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Or... they develop little bit of bad habits playing against AHL level goalies and D. Gotta hope that's not the case.
Bad habits? They're being coached by Blashill, who knows the system. Nyquist isn't going to develop bad habits, this is his second year of pro hockey. Tatar's fine. 40 more games isn't going to kill him.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
newfy

I would love footage of that line brawl if anyone knows where to get it, apparently Callahan had an awesome fight

Old
02-02-2013, 02:18 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Curse you and your logic.... How dare you get in the way our fantasies of becoming one of these rough and tumble young teams that everyone else has.

Then Demote Emmerton, move Cleary down to the 4th line, and give him his minutes? Wow, what a conundrum. Or maybe Holland shouldn't have signed a gazillion repetitive 4th liners so we actually had room to make our third line a scoring line

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 02-02-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old
02-02-2013, 02:23 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Then Demote Emmerton, move Cleary down to the 4th line, and give him his minutes? Wow, what a conundrum.
And then we have no fourth line center. That is a conundrum.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
And then we have no fourth line center. That is a conundrum.
Sure we do. Abdelkader is a 4th line center no matter what line he's playing on.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:28 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
Sure we do. Abdelkader is a 4th line center no matter what line he's playing on.
And then we have no 3rd line center. Indeed, it is a conundrum.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:32 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
The Wings have a myriad of players that can play center but are playing as wing. And you really don't know the meaning of that word do you?

Old
02-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Did we trade Helm?

Old
02-02-2013, 02:41 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
Did we trade Helm?
No, he has back problems.

Quote:
The Wings have a myriad of players that can play center but are playing as wing. And you really don't know the meaning of that word do you?
Sure, let's move Filppula to third line center. What a genius move. I'm glad you're the coach... Oh wait... You aren't. Clearly you haven't noticed this, so I'll let you in on a little secret: Filppula plays much better on the wing, and Babcock prefers it that way.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:44 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
No, he has back problems.

Sure, let's move Filppula to third line center. What a genius move. I'm glad you're the coach... Oh wait... You aren't. Clearly you haven't noticed this, so I'll let you in on a little secret: Filppula plays much better on the wing, and Babcock prefers it that way.
Clearly you don't realize we have other players than Flip. Speaking sarcastically and obviously ignoring other options contrary to your point doesnt make you right. You're arguing semantics here, regardless to what you say there are many options on how to fit Nyquist on the 3rd line over whichever players may be playing. You are just selectively choosing the stupidest possible ones to make my point look bad

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 02-02-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old
02-02-2013, 03:04 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Clearly you don't realize we have other players than Flip. Speaking sarcastically and obviously ignoring other options contrary to your point doesnt make you right. You're arguing semantics here, regardless to what you say there are many options on how to fit Nyquist on the 3rd line over whichever players may be playing. You are just selectively choosing the stupidest possible ones to make my point look bad
You clearly have no grasp on our roster situation. Here are all our centers on the active roster: Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk, Valtteri Filppula, Darren Helm (Injured, and for whatever reason can't catch a break anymore, so you should have a spare center on hand just in case), Justin Abdelkader, and Cory Emmerton. As you said yourself, we aren't going to move down Filppula. So in your imaginary world where you are the GM (thank goodness you aren't), we are now Emmerton-less and we now have Gustav Nyquist. Care to name the invisible no-name center who can play fourth line center that I haven't Identified? Can't? Well, why could that be? That's probably because WE DON'T HAVE ANOTHER CENTER AFTER EMMERTON TO PLAY FOURTH LINE CENTER. So congratulations, you have your Nyquist/Tatar. Now we have a hole in our lineup.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:15 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
You clearly have no grasp on our roster situation. Here are all our centers on the active roster: Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk, Valtteri Filppula, Darren Helm (Injured, and for whatever reason can't catch a break anymore, so you should have a spare center on hand just in case), Justin Abdelkader, and Cory Emmerton. As you said yourself, we aren't going to move down Filppula. So in your imaginary world where you are the GM (thank goodness you aren't), we are now Emmerton-less and we now have Gustav Nyquist. Care to name the invisible no-name center who can play fourth line center that I haven't Identified? Can't? Well, why could that be? That's probably because WE DON'T HAVE ANOTHER CENTER AFTER EMMERTON TO PLAY FOURTH LINE CENTER. So congratulations, you have your Nyquist/Tatar. Now we have a hole in our lineup.
Your reading comprehension is horrible. Is that why you sound so frustrated? You're having a hard time grasping basic concepts? I stated several times that Emmerton was just an example, on talent level, it could have been another winger to moved down. And for the record, Miller, Cleary and Tootoo have had extended time at center in the past out of our bottom 6, and Helm will not be injured forever.

So you don't waste my time, and everyone else's with useless semantics about a point I made you're taking out of context: Do you honestly not see ANY way Nyquist can fit on the third line that would make sense? No straw man argument, just answer that because that is what I was implying.

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 02-02-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Closed Thread