Old
02-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
We are Leafs Nation!!

Leafs fans. Whenever I start feeling a little sorry for them, they do stuff like this.

Never change, Tarrana. Never change. It makes the Bruins owning the Leafs so much more fun.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Paddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
8 under 200 pounds
The Bruins have been just fine over the past few year with pretty much a similarly sized lineup. All of a sudden after one game.....correction....one fight, the Bruins are too small. They lack toughness. They can't intimidate. Yadda yadda yadda. Ask a defenseman who sees Lucic barreling down on them if he's intimidating. Ask any forward who is streaking down Chara's side if he's intimidating. The Bergeron line are all under 200lbs. When was that ever a problem before the last couple of days? Kelly and Pevs are staples on the third line. When was their size an issue?

It hasn't been an issue IMO. They'll come out against the Leafs and play good, hard-nosed hockey. They'll take the body and be physical, just like they always do when they're playing well.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:26 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

If Bourque is called up in favor of Robbins and the bruins are out hit and muscled resulting in a loss, I will not be a happy camper

Old
02-01-2013, 10:28 PM
TCL40

Can I just repeat that I do not want Lucic off the ice for 5 minutes after fighting a staged fight with a goon.

If the Leafs want to send their goons out to match with the Krejci line, then Krejci will eat them alive and Lucic might end up in a fight if they try to target his center, but I hope to god that Lucic turns down all offers to fight for the fun of it.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:29 PM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Where would one get such a stream?
the radio station 98.5 over the internets

You can find it on the Bruins' website.

Last edited by eightspokedb: 02-01-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 10:30 PM
topcat986*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
They may not think the Bruins are "soft" but they may start to think the Bruins aren't as tough as they thought they were. Which makes a big difference.
Just being honest that is idiotic, as another poster said Lucic versus Orr is a plus for Leafs win or lose as Lucic is gone or off due to penaltys. That card gets played then I hope Mcdermid takes Kessel's head off. Now that is a message sent! When a team reaches the point of "moral" victorys that there teams true non skilled goon is there only saving grace............... they truly have reached rock bottom. PS. I als without doubt believe that Lucic can more than capably atest himeslf well versus Colton Orr who in his career will score less goals than Lucic will in one season.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

After their only loss of the season, the Leafs are just what is needed for the Bruins to get back on track and get back in 1st place in the conference.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
If Bourque is called up in favor of Robbins and the bruins are out hit and muscled resulting in a loss, I will not be a happy camper
Robins is on an AHL contract; the Bruins would have to sign him to an NHL contract to add him to the roster, and I believe they're close to if not at the 50-player limit.

I like Robins a lot, I think he's a great guy. But he's not an NHL player, and I can't see him getting a callup unless the Bruins are playing the Mongol horde.

Last edited by Artemis: 02-01-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Kingstonian84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Great GDT

They'll come out improved and ready to prove that the defensive letdown was an abberation, not the norm for this usually strong defensive unit. I fully expect that the Leafs don't stand a chance and the Bruins win this 5-2.
I guess you havent been watching the leafs this year then, your in for a very rude awakening! I have watched most games this year and I can safely tell you this team is extremely hard working and much better in their own end. We have been close in every game, we lost against the islanders and rangers because we couldn't hold down a lead, but other then that we have been VERY tough to play against. If your expecting a romping tommorow night, your barking up the wrong tree pal, this is going to be a very close game and I wouldn't be surpirsed if it was decided by a goal. I'm not saying the leafs are going to win, you guys are a very tough opponent with no true weakness but what I am saying is your team is in for the fight of its life tommorow night. Win or loss this will definetly be a good game, cheers guys.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Kingstonian84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
After their only loss of the season, the Leafs are just what is needed for the Bruins to get back on track and get back in 1st place in the conference.
Oh how I pity yee, this isnt going to be a walk in the park for your bruins at all.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:47 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
Oh how I pity yee, this isnt going to be a walk in the park for your bruins at all.
LOL. I wouldn't pity the Bruins fan of the two fan bases.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
I guess you havent been watching the leafs this year then, your in for a very rude awakening! I have watched most games this year and I can safely tell you this team is extremely hard working and much better in their own end. We have been close in every game, we lost against the islanders and rangers because we couldn't hold down a lead, but other then that we have been VERY tough to play against. If your expecting a romping tommorow night, your barking up the wrong tree pal, this is going to be a very close game and I wouldn't be surpirsed if it was decided by a goal. I'm not saying the leafs are going to win, you guys are a very tough opponent with no true weakness but what I am saying is your team is in for the fight of its life tommorow night. Win or loss this will definetly be a good game, cheers guys.
No, I haven't watched the Leafs. I'm not particularly concerned with the goings on of the Toronto Maple Leafs. I'm a Bruin fan, posting on a Bruin forum. Novel concept.

"The fight of it's life"? See, this is a difference between a team with a winning record and a recent Stanley Cup versus a team that battles for the division cellar. Every team brings it's best game against the Bruins every night because they've been among the class of the Eastern Conference for the last few years. This is nothing new to anyone who follows the Bruins, and certainly nothing new to the Bruins themselves.

I am expecting a romping. I could be wrong. It happens. It wouldn't be the first time someone on the internet was wrong....pal.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

See, what did I tell you. Leafs fans.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I just don't even know.

That Buffalo loss is paying out a lot of emotional capital to the rival fanbases.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:44 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
I just don't even know.

That Buffalo loss is paying out a lot of emotional capital to the rival fanbases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'd take it more in the sense of "Respect" if I was a bruins fans. Your team has set the bar very high as a team to beat this season, just like last. Teams will bring their "A Game" against you because, essentially; You are an "A" team (no pun intended). I do not expect to win against the bruins by any means but atleast we will know where we stand against the better teams after all is said and done come tomorrow.

Much respect: Real.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
I'd take it more in the sense of "Respect" if I was a bruins fans. Your team has set the bar very high as a team to beat this season, just like last. Teams will bring their "A Game" against you because, essentially; You are an "A" team (no pun intended). I do not expect to win against the bruins by any means but atleast we will know where we stand against the better teams after all is said and done come tomorrow.

Much respect: Real.
Well, part of insanity is the apparent crisis of identity *some* of the Bruins' fans on this board have after yesterday's loss. I haven't even wanted to read, much less partake, in some of the commentary being delivered, no offense to anyone in particular.

Like with anything, there's some reasonable, rational thought from fans regardless of rivalry, and some dolts who are gonna show up just to stir it up, and some Leaf fans have obliged in that role (and I'm sure some Bruin fans will return the favor on the Leaf board.) You're at least doing your moniker a solid and taking a realistic approach to measuring tomorrow's game for your club.

As I said before, I'd like to see a Bruins' blowout, not so much because it's the Leafs, but because I'd like to see how the Bruins respond to the loss against Buffalo. I'd like to see the intensity return and regain the sharper focus on defense (frankly, the offense was fine and 4 goals should win most hockey games).

It's a game between division rivals. Anything can happen. If this is the Bruin team I've come to expect, I think they win. But that's why they play the games.

Enjoy the game.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
I was going to wait till tonight or tomorrow morning to start the GDT, but thought it might be good to move on from last nights game.

Like the players, lets forget about yesterday and concentrate on the next one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
Sucks to admit as a Leafs fan, but you guys can count on Seguin/Hamilton scoring a few goals between them tomorrow night. And on a Rask shutout. Hope we never trade with you guys again.
What? Phil not providing enough thrills?

Old
02-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Lockheed301
Scope Dope

Can't wait to walk into to work on Monday with my head high as all the Canadians in the squadron try to avoid me after their team gets a nice beating.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:38 AM
MioneRask134

I will say this, if a fight comes out of the game, it wont be staged. And I tend to think we fight better when its not staged, when it comes from pure aggression it tends to be in our favor. That said, if Orr comes out looking for Looch, and it happens, I wont hate it. I think a rematch would be interesting to see. It's been a few years. Looch is older, not injured and it if happens fast, it could be a good bout.

But I wont be upset if it doesn't happen. Just play better, more physical, and hopefully our defense gets a good nights rest because they played like dog crap.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
I will say this, if a fight comes out of the game, it wont be staged. And I tend to think we fight better when its not staged, when it comes from pure aggression it tends to be in our favor. That said, if Orr comes out looking for Looch, and it happens, I wont hate it. I think a rematch would be interesting to see. It's been a few years. Looch is older, not injured and it if happens fast, it could be a good bout.
But I wont be upset if it doesn't happen. Just play better, more physical, and hopefully our defense gets a good nights rest because they played like dog crap.
I agree. People assume Lucic would get his ass kicked. He wasn't 100% for that bout and has probably narrowed the gap with Orr by now. Orr would still be the favorite but I think Looch could give him a good fight. Terrible trade off for the Bruins though since Orr is a substandard nhler, sounds wrong to say that Colton Orr is a substandard nhler, geez I'll get kicked off the board criticizing 'Orr'.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:44 AM
RyanMac

Send a message via AIM to RyanMac Send a message via MSN to RyanMac
Fantasy hockey question here.. is Tuuka starting against the Leafs?

02-02-2013, 06:05 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockheed301 View Post
Can't wait to walk into to work on Monday with my head high as all the Canadians in the squadron try to avoid me after their team gets a nice beating.
They won't try to avoid you most HATE the Leafs

Old
02-02-2013, 06:16 AM
BruinsPortugal

Need to get back on track here.

Hamilton with his first of the year.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:17 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

As a L eaf fan i'm not expecting a win BUT I do think this game will be closer then most people. Randy Caryle has this team working their ass off which is something wilson NEVER did. the PK last time I looked was 85% good for 10th. The boys are slowly getting harder to play against and while I expect a loss I think you guys will see a pretty big difference

Closed Thread