HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did JVR almost fight Erskine after Kessel got rocked?

View Poll Results: Was JVR about to fight Erskine?
Yes 16 57.14%
No 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-01-2013, 09:42 PM
topcat986*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
Don't know about JVR, but after watching this Erskine/Lucic fight and a former Lucic/Orr fight, I have to wonder what the legend of Lucic is all about.
Oh my a 20 yr old Lucic versus a well known tough guy in Erskine and he got kncoked down sheesh yeah over hyped for sure , since then Lucic has become a damn decent scorer and won a cup and plays top line minutes and still can clock most of the leagues players in fights.

Last edited by Hurt: 02-01-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: no need for insults
topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Parkdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
Oh my a 20 yr old Lucic versus a well known tough guy in Erskine and he got kncoked down sheesh yeah over hyped for sure , since then Lucic has become a damn decent scorer and won a cup and plays top line minutes and still can clock most of the leagues players in fights.
No questioning his rise as a more than decent player. But reference to "legend" is to his fistic prowess only. There is continued chatter about his Komisarek bout, but based on what I've seen, Mike is not much of a pugilist. I thought Lucic was supposedly invincible...that's the "legend", but then was pointed to his fights with Orr and Erskine...so my question is how does he fare against legitimate fighters or does he just beat up on "soft" opponents.

Parkdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
No questioning his rise as a more than decent player. But reference to "legend" is to his fistic prowess only. There is continued chatter about his Komisarek bout, but based on what I've seen, Mike is not much of a pugilist. I thought Lucic was supposedly invincible...that's the "legend", but then was pointed to his fights with Orr and Erskine...so my question is how does he fare against legitimate fighters or does he just beat up on "soft" opponents.
People like him because he's a very rare combination. Puts up points, scores goals, creates space for his teammates and scraps

He doesn't do so great against the heavyweights..I doubt he can drop Orr, Parros, Scott etc like he can drop Komisarek, Brown (if they fought).

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Man Bear Pig

I would say that it probably wouldn't end well for James. This isn't JVR's place. That's Orr's job.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Lucic is tough, no question. And he has fought some goons but, when he fought Orr, took a few good shots and hid behind the linesmen, I lost some respect for him. If you drop the mits, you fight. You don't take a good shot and hide.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:58 AM
topcat986*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Lucic is tough, no question. And he has fought some goons but, when he fought Orr, took a few good shots and hid behind the linesmen, I lost some respect for him. If you drop the mits, you fight. You don't take a good shot and hide.
You are correct he should have in his mind said yeah I am a Line one winger but what the hell embrace mediocrity . My team needs me and I mean "me" to answer the bell and show why we are the big bad Bruins and fight some 4th line irrelavent no body because that his how I better my team . Playoffs................. what is that you speak of ?

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:36 AM
donkeyy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
You are correct he should have in his mind said yeah I am a Line one winger but what the hell embrace mediocrity . My team needs me and I mean "me" to answer the bell and show why we are the big bad Bruins and fight some 4th line irrelavent no body because that his how I better my team . Playoffs................. what is that you speak of ?
Huh? Lucic "answered the bell". He hid because he was getting beat up. Definitely got involved in the fight though.

Orr just beat the crap out of him so Lucic thought better of wasting his time with Orr, but that was only AFTER he already...wasted...his time...with Orr...

donkeyy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:28 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayzer View Post
I would hope and expect that he takes Steckel's role starting tomorrow night
I doubt we play 2 heavies against the Bruins with Thornton out.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:41 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Good thing he didn't. It wouldn't end very well for him.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:07 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Thought about and then remembered he has glass bones.

That was pretty damn close to interference though -- Kessel didn't even touch the puck.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote