HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

re visiting the carter/richards trades

Old
02-01-2013, 09:49 PM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
No, instead of Coburn and everyone else missing high & wide, Mr. High & Wide king Jeff Carter would be doing it. They miss Mike though. I wasn't for that trade.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:57 PM
TheLegendkiller

vCash: 500
I wouldn't go on the main boards...too many fans of other teams enjoying this.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:59 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
No, instead of Coburn and everyone else missing high & wide, Mr. High & Wide king Jeff Carter would be doing it. They miss Mike though. I wasn't for that trade.
Coburn is starting to become the most frustrating player I have ever watched. He has all the talent to be a great player, but I feel like he's never going to put it all together. He could be a one, but he's destined to stay a three for his entire career.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:12 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
It was either Lavy or the players back then and Lavy won. I was against it then and against it now, but we got some great players in return that should keep the Flyers a strong team for many seasons.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Stranger Danger
the

This guy isn't serious, is he?

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:30 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
It was either Lavy or the players back then and Lavy won. I was against it then and against it now, but we got some great players in return that should keep the Flyers a strong team for many seasons.
why do you refuse to accept that these players are not good enough because of a first year fluke? why not get rid of them for someone better? so what if they win cups with other teams and for good reason if they get better players then them and still competing, at least it's something to build on.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
why do you refuse to accept that these players are not good enough because of a first year fluke? why not get rid of them for someone better? so what if they win cups with other teams and for good reason if they get better players then them and still competing, at least it's something to build on.
Why is it a first year fluke? They are YOUNG, you don't trade kids who had 95% of there time in the nhl playing really good, and judge them on the 5% bad. Is it more realistic too think it was a first year fluke? or that during a lock-out shortened season, maybe they didnt get enough practice time with the team to automatically start where they left off? In 7 games? Or maybe the dreaded sophmore slump really sucks when you have so many of them?

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:40 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I wouldn't go on the main boards...too many fans of other teams enjoying this.
I think it's quite comical actually. Especially when it's from fans of teams that have sucked for so long I couldn't tell you the time they were good (Islanders fans, Maple Leafs fans etc.). But whatever ill take a short season of sucking to possibly get Seth Jones and reload in the summer.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:48 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post
Why is it a first year fluke? They are YOUNG, you don't trade kids who had 95% of there time in the nhl playing really good, and judge them on the 5% bad. Is it more realistic too think it was a first year fluke? or that during a lock-out shortened season, maybe they didnt get enough practice time with the team to automatically start where they left off? In 7 games? Or maybe the dreaded sophmore slump really sucks when you have so many of them?
ok if those players fail in the next 2 or 3 years, you are still going to make that excuse?

Old
02-01-2013, 11:07 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I thought that I was tired of hearing about the glory days of the Broad Street Bullies and technicolor TV ...but the constant bemoaning of these two takes the cake that Steven's baked....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:22 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
What positive do you see on this team? Really. I don't think there is one player or coach on the team you want to keep.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I thought that I was tired of hearing about the glory days of the Broad Street Bullies and technicolor TV ...but the constant bemoaning of these two takes the cake that Steven's baked....
We were polar opposites on this issue, but here we agree. The trades were made, it's over, we have to deal with it.

I'm not pissed at Homer for making the trades, I'm annoyed at him for putting the team in a position where such radical moves were needed to fix his mess. My fear now is he won't stay the course. A flying rebuild is still a rebuild, and there will be bumps...that's the nature of the thing.

02-01-2013, 11:46 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
What positive do you see on this team? Really. I don't think there is one player or coach on the team you want to keep.
if this team finishes at the bottom, i dont see any positives on this team. homer made it a complete mess.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:52 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Yes it would be. Those trades set the team back for years. Not has scary has it used to be. Much smaller team as well.
That's debatable. Voracek, Simmonds, and Couturier aren't small.

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:00 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
That's debatable. Voracek, Simmonds, and Couturier aren't small.

Nobody is small. Richards is the smallest of all these guys. They're young. As they get older they'll fill out. It's just mid 20 strength. It happens when you're in your mid 20s.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:25 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Probably not, I still believe Schenn and Couts will develop into fine players. They're just having an awful sophmore slump.
Exactly. What did Carter and Richards do their second seasons? Not enough, just like Couts and Schenn

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Psuhockey

I hope the Flyers tank this year, get the 1st overall pick, and draft Seth Jones. I look forward to reading how he is overrated and should be traded in his 2nd year before his value drops.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:32 AM
MsWoof

Gotta laugh at all the Jones talk. People need to stop acting like he's already a superstar, he's a kid and he looks great against other kids but that may not translate at the NHL level.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
Grossmann also.

Nope.
Plus add Nick Cousins. Not even close,I do this deal all day long and I still think the world of Mike and Jeff.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:04 AM
LI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Plus add Nick Cousins. Not even close,I do this deal all day long and I still think the world of Mike and Jeff.
I realized I left him out, but didn't even wanna join in this discussion that will go on for the next 15 years.

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:37 AM
whskybarJM

I still think richards would be here if he was never made the captain

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:51 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Why do you refuse to accept that 95% of players need time to develop and will likely be not the same players in 3 years, when they will still be under 25.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:54 PM
zarley zelepukin

If Lavi gets fired, can we scratch off "Carter and Richards didn't see eye to eye with the coach" as a reason for the trades? Would management really gut the team to save the coach, and then fire the coach the next season?

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
I'd probably still do the trades. My biggest problem with them was that they did not get one d-man back.

Carter looks great right now though.
I haven't seen any LA games, but from the stats Carter has 3 goals and no assists in 6 games. I know you can't judge a player soley by his stats, but am I missing something?

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:36 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I haven't seen any LA games, but from the stats Carter has 3 goals and no assists in 6 games. I know you can't judge a player soley by his stats, but am I missing something?
All the people on the Kings' board are pretty thrilled with Carter so far.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote