HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 10:40 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Vail is playing D tonight since Windsor is down to 5 defencemen.
For a forward playing defence you'd think Windsor would at least give him someone who is solid defensively. Nope, they pair him with Ebert, who happens to be a train wreck in his own zone.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
2 goals and 2 assists for Bozon. Has reached the 70 point mark. Up to 71.

He could make a run at 100.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:38 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
2 goals and 2 assists for Bozon. Has reached the 70 point mark. Up to 71.

He could make a run at 100.
It's great to hear that he seems to have found his groove again. Lets face it he was never supposed to be a guy to lead an offense for us. I've always seen him as a complementary guy. However, I think he's got enough talent to complement any of our prospects, including Galchenyuk.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:20 AM
That

Bozon could of have 5 goals tonight. He must have had a legitimate chance to score every single shift.

The Bozon-Smith-Lipon trio got split up. Bozon is now playing on the second line with Smith and Kessy. Interestingly enough Bozon has been taking a lot of draws and winning them.

What's impressed me the most about him this season is how much his playmaking has progressed. He makes really smart, precise, crisp passes. His goal scoring still remains his best asset, but he's becoming multi-dimensional offensive threat.

Highlights of tonight's 4 point performance:

Old
02-02-2013, 01:02 AM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Bozon could of have 5 goals tonight. He must have had a legitimate chance to score every single shift.

The Bozon-Smith-Lipon trio got split up. Bozon is now playing on the second line with Smith and Kessy. Interestingly enough Bozon has been taking a lot of draws and winning them.

What's impressed me the most about him this season is how much his playmaking has progressed. He makes really smart, precise, crisp passes. His goal scoring still remains his best asset, but he's becoming multi-dimensional offensive threat.
]
Pretty awesome. And he has also tied his production of 71pts from last year in 20 less games!

Old
02-02-2013, 04:49 AM
S Bah

I'm thinking if the Habs bring Danny Pribyl over to play for Hamilton this summer then surround him with players that will insulate him.Blunden C/RW-Pribyl C-Quailer LW/RW this would have the dual effect of experienced wingers/checkers and scorers and a line with size all three being 6'3" and 200 lbs or more.Then put Leblanc RW and Archambault LW with Bournival at center for a 1st line with scoring ability that insulates the defensive lapses Archambault will undoubtedly have his rookie season.Then have Dumont or Holland centering Kristo and Avtsin as the energy line,that's if Dumont isn't in Montreal playing.Then bring in some veterans to help keep the boat on an even keel for a change.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Some comments about prospects:

- Magnus Nygren is too much of a talent to let him stay in Sweden. I'd move way many prospects than him at this point. 'Cause even if people say that we should keep him in Sweden for next year, well by looking at the guys coming, this could be 2 or even 3 years down the road. And he actually seems to be better than some of those that we seem to want to keep. Keeping him there is the easy solution. I hope they don't take it.

- Should I repeat that I'm extremely nervous about what Bergevin said about the Kristo story and that we CANNOT move this guy. He is a keeper that will AUTOMATICALLY make the Dogs better next year. And the Habs the next year.

- I hope Bennett is a Dogs next year.

- Walsh and Pribyl are 2 extremely intriguing cases as far as to keep or not to keep. It could go either way. Archambault WILL be signed.

- At the time, I thought that the Colin Sullivan 7th rounder was one of the best 7th rounder we did in quite a while....well while it doesn't appear so thus far, we'll wait and see how he develops. But I did think that he'd have better stats than those for sure so far.

-

Old
02-02-2013, 07:01 AM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

- Magnus Nygren is too much of a talent to let him stay in Sweden. I'd move way many prospects than him at this point. 'Cause even if people say that we should keep him in Sweden for next year, well by looking at the guys coming, this could be 2 or even 3 years down the road. And he actually seems to be better than some of those that we seem to want to keep. Keeping him there is the easy solution. I hope they don't take it.

- Should I repeat that I'm extremely nervous about what Bergevin said about the Kristo story and that we CANNOT move this guy. He is a keeper that will AUTOMATICALLY make the Dogs better next year. And the Habs the next year.

- Walsh and Pribyl are 2 extremely intriguing cases as far as to keep or not to keep. It could go either way. Archambault WILL be signed.

- At the time, I thought that the Colin Sullivan 7th rounder was one of the best 7th rounder we did in quite a while....well while it doesn't appear so thus far, we'll wait and see how he develops. But I did think that he'd have better stats than those for sure so far.

-
What did Bergevin said about Kristo?

Old
02-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
What did Bergevin said about Kristo?
Well I would have thought he would said something along the lines of "We're behind our player in this process and believe in him and so on". Instead, he says
Quote:
Ce sont des choses qui vont se régler avec eux. Moi, j'ai une bonne communication avec son agent. On se parle régulièrement. L'Université s'en occupe. C'est un bon jeune joueur, un espoir. On veut savoir ce qui se passe et on réagira en temps et lieu. »
Last phrase being "We will look into it and will react in due time"....It makes me nervous but hey...I'm known to be nervous for nothing.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

'React' could mean a whole bunch of things though. Could be as simple as putting in place a support system for Kristo so he stops getting in trouble once he's in the pros.

The good news is they are talking regularly with his agent. If they didn't want to sign Kristo, I doubt they would do that.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Well I would have thought he would said something along the lines of "We're behind our player in this process and believe in him and so on". Instead, he says

Last phrase being "We will look into it and will react in due time"....It makes me nervous but hey...I'm known to be nervous for nothing.
I think you're making too much out of nothing. The GM and players don't communicate through the media and what's said to a journalist doesn't matter.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:57 AM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:

Honestly, I would be worried if Bergevin said that. It sends the wrong message to the rest of the players, "go do whatever you want guys, we'll back you up"

Old
02-02-2013, 11:13 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Watched North Dakota. Kristo was moved to LW, Grimaldi was at RW on the top line. MacMillan on the 2nd LW again. Another tough night for both as Wisconsin goalie was sharp. Kristo with the lone goal but then his line gets scored on seconds later.

Hopefully tonight will be better as ND sorely needs the 2 points, too many ties of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I'm thinking if the Habs bring Danny Pribyl over to play for Hamilton this summer then surround him with players that will insulate him. Pribyl C-
I could see him being on the LW, with his poor skating/mobility/foot speed, I would think it would be better for him to stay on the wing for now.

Quote:

-
I don't see why Nygren can't stay in the SEL next year, this is only his 2nd full season so one more shouldn't hurt him. The problem will be if he doesn't want to play in the AHL, as now that he's had a good season he stands a good shot at getting a nice raise one would think. So we'll have to see how it plays out, but I'd be surprised if Nygren was NHL ready so that leaves the AHL. If he agrees to go there, then we have another problem since we will once again look to have one of the youngest if not the youngest D cores in the AHL since we could be looking at 3 rookies (Dietz/Thrower/Bennett) to go with 4 2nd year players (Tinordi/Beaulieu/Ellis/Pateryn). Granted who knows what changes will happen to the roster over time, maybe one goes to the NHL or someone gets moved. If not then we are going to have Nygren and 7 rookies/2nd year players for our defense.

Plus the Habs hopefully will want to add a vet or two to help out but then you run into the problem of ice time for all those D. Out of the above group there's not a single one I would want to lose in favor of Nygren.

Im not worried about what MB said, if they move him then so be it, as long as the return is something we need and of good value. Kristo is a lot of fun to watch, but as one of the top goal scorers in the NCAA he might be of interest to some teams and if the Habs were to say make a run a the playoffs (I assume there's going to be a trade deadline?) then I could see where MB may look to move picks or prospects. I really, really hope he doesn't trade the Flames 2nd rounder but depending on how the Habs fare I know that if the Habs do well then giving up youth/picks for help could be the likely way. Sould be interesting at least.

I could easily see Bennett being in Hamilton, Michigan is terrible this year, nothing is going right, but who knows if he would want to return for his Senior year to help get them back on track (if they don't get better goaltending I don't think it's going to look very good for them again next year) but with him being able to opt out and become a UFA in July then the ball is in his court. I could see the Habs wanting him to return to Michigan since we very well may have a big problem with having too many D's in Hamilton especially if Nygren is in the fold as well, as you got to think MB and his staff are thinking long and hard if they made a mistake this off-season by not bringing in additional veteran help on D. Then again all Bennett has to do is say he wants to turn pro either with us or someone else and the Habs would have to sign him. I think he would do very well for the Dogs as his defensive game has improved a ton and before the injury he looked like he was playing with a great deal of confidence. Should also be interesting to see how this situation goes. Next year we will be in the same boat with MacMillan since he can opt out June, 2014.

agreed on Archambault getting signed and on both Walsh/Pribyl being interesting cases. I don't think I could fault management either way as both have major concerns but also both have tall frames and good hands. The skill is there but neither move very well or very quickly, who knows what's up with Walsh's hip and Pribyl's skating is painful to watch so it's a tough call either way imo. With the fact that we could see several RFA's let go, I could see the Habs signing at least one and just see what happens or perhaps is if they can get Walsh on an AHL contract.

Suillvan gets very little ice time, they seem to play the 5 a lot and give Sullivan very sheltered minutes. It's funny but he looks way different then I remember in the one time I saw him at Avon in the USHS. Then he was skating like the wind, rushing the puck up ice all the time. Looked very much like Bennett to me, but now he looks like he's really filled out his frame, he's thick now and seems to be playing a very different game as he appears to be keeping it simple and playing safe solid defensive hockey, which could very well be the coach's plan for him since they don't appear to trust him very much. But he's also been taking the body and with his impressive skating/mobility he can dish out some solid hits as he's got the frame and should likely get bigger since he's still 19. That said, hopefully next year he'll see an increase in his ice time.

Last edited by montreal: 02-02-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old
02-02-2013, 01:12 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Don't forget that Nygren will be 23. He's mature in every way. His defence is not the best as he gets caught quite a bit but he showed improvement every year and he throws his body around when necessary. Most importantly that PP shot would actually be one of the best in the NHL.

Before this season, I just didn't see his defence being good enough for the AHL let alone have any promise but he has shown improvement while playing more minutes.

Because of the heavy D drafting in the past couple of years, there will be a log jam in the pro ranks but Nygren should definitely be in Hamilton next season imo.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Next year my locks on Defence would be:

NHL
Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Diaz (or somebody else)

AHL
Beaulieu-Ellis
Pateryn-St-Denis

Leaves 2 spots in the AHL for: Dietz, Nygren and Bennett who I'd sign a contract with.

Yet, they could be adding a D in the NHL, and maybe 1 or 2 vet D's in Hamilton. But spots for spots...there are some availabilities for Nygren to start in the pros. With the kind of season he had, there's no way I sign Thrower, he plays junior next year.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:57 PM
TYLENOL

How many years left before we lose the rights to Mac Bennett ?

Old
02-02-2013, 02:38 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLENOL View Post
How many years left before we lose the rights to Mac Bennett ?
After next season, but he could also use the NCAA loophole this summer.

Habs Prospects website
Old
02-02-2013, 04:18 PM
JAVO16

Is there a way to loan one of our D prospect to an other organization's AHL team if too many of them show that they are ready for the AHL, but there's no place on our squad in Hamilton ?

Old
02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Is there a way to loan one of our D prospect to an other organization's AHL team if too many of them show that they are ready for the AHL, but there's no place on our squad in Hamilton ?
Yea, that can be done.

I still think the possible solution is to send back one of Thrower or Dietz back to Saskatoon as an overager next season.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

MacMillan breaks a 6 game pointless streak, scores tonight.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:09 PM
muzion

Thrower was just drafted, he's got one more year before making the jump to the AHL.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Thrower was just drafted, he's got one more year before making the jump to the AHL.
Like Beaulieu was, Thrower is in his 4th year in the dub

Old
02-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yea, that can be done.

I still think the possible solution is to send back one of Thrower or Dietz back to Saskatoon as an overager next season.
Yeah, Dan Girardi and Ryan Callahan both played in the CHL as overagers, it's definitely not a death sentence for a young prospect.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

2 assists and +2 so far for Dietz tonight.

Down (or up) to -15.

Finishes +3. So now at -14. Considering he was -20 or so a few games ago, nice to see that stat start to even itself out.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 02-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old
02-02-2013, 09:18 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Next year my locks on Defence would be:

NHL
Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Diaz (or somebody else)

AHL
Beaulieu-Ellis
Pateryn-St-Denis

Leaves 2 spots in the AHL for: Dietz, Nygren and Bennett who I'd sign a contract with.

Yet, they could be adding a D in the NHL, and maybe 1 or 2 vet D's in Hamilton. But spots for spots...there are some availabilities for Nygren to start in the pros. With the kind of season he had, there's no way I sign Thrower, he plays junior next year.
I don't see why Thrower wouldn't be signed, don't like seeing kids play juniors as overagers. I also wonder if you can convince St-Denis to play in the AHL next year, since he'll be 28 this time next year and might want a shot at making much more then the 90K he makes now. I'd also hope that Tinordi at least spends a large chunk of time in Hamilton again, I really hope they don't rush him although I can see why they would want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
yes but it's not a very good idea. If we are talking someone like Stejskal then yea but you don't want to loan prospects out since you won't have any control over their ice time/development. These are quality D prospects, so I can't see any being loaned.

Quote:
Yea, that can be done.

I would be surprised if they did, I don't see any reason to send either back to Blades and would not want to see that happen. Both are very interesting D prospects that should be in the AHL, I don't know what management has in store for the situation since we have a number of interesting D and they are all going to need ice time next year so it's a concern going forward although a good problem to have for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
He turns 20 before Jan 1st, so he'll be in the AHL next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Yeah, Dan Girardi and Ryan Callahan both played in the CHL as overagers, it's definitely not a death sentence for a young prospect.
The last time the Habs had an overager in the CHL was Christian Larrivee ('00), granted new management but hopefully it's not something the Habs look to do, I'm not a big fan of 20 year olds playing against such younger players as I'd much rather see them physically challenged playing against older, stronger, quicker players. But they could have a problem on their hands if they end up having 4 more rookies blueliners to go with the 4 rookies we have there currently.

Closed Thread