HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huet and Bouillon

Old
07-02-2006, 09:56 AM
rocketlives

vCash: 500
Huet and Bouillon

Last year at the same time, Huet and Bouillon were making around $1M between the two of them. This year, in order to make sure these two players stayed in Montreal, BG had to shell out very close to $5M. With the difference of $4M you can get a pretty good UFA.

Have Huet and Bouillon improved that much in a year or do they deserve that kind of money thrown their way mainly because they have reached the magic age of 31.

I don't know but, one thing is for sure, there'll be some additional pressure on both of them. They better deliver the goods this year or the boo birds at the Bell center could be quicker on the trigger to show their discontent. By being too demanding salarywise, players, in a way, can prevent their team from getting the ressources needed to achieve its overall goals.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Pat

I don't see Bouillon being booed that much in the bell center. he always gives his all evey game. he's not the best of player, but he always comes to play his game. I don't remember Bouillon taking a night off too often. he's not an offensive threat, but his good in his own end.
he's no Brisebois that's for sure.
but Huet might be another story. if he doesn't produce like he did last year, which wouldn't surprize me at all, the boos will be heard.

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Last year at the same time, Huet and Bouillon were making around $1M between the two of them. This year, in order to make sure these two players stayed in Montreal, BG had to shell out very close to $5M. With the difference of $4M you can get a pretty good UFA.

Have Huet and Bouillon improved that much in a year or do they deserve that kind of money thrown their way mainly because they have reached the magic age of 31.

I don't know but, one thing is for sure, there'll be some additional pressure on both of them. They better deliver the goods this year or the boo birds at the Bell center could be quicker on the trigger to show their discontent. By being too demanding salarywise, players, in a way, can prevent their team from getting the ressources needed to achieve its overall goals.

a) Well since the cap went up $4M-$5M a year I guess it's a wash.

b) After giving us amazing value last year, I don't see why anybody is pissed about the Huet or Boullion signings. Were we supposed to retain the services of the save pectentage leader last season at the league minimum???? Or were we supposed to let Huet and Boullion go and find other league minimum salary players to take their place???? I mean it's pretty easy to find a goalie who can play like Huet last season for $500,000!!! And Boullion can easily replaced by a player making $500,000!!!

c) I'm sick about hearing about the stupid f'ing boo birds. A bunch of ignorant fans who combined have the I.Q. of a rock. Maybe if we didn't have this large group of idiot fans, maybe more players would consider playing for Montreal.

07-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Maybe if we didn't have this large group of idiot fans, maybe more players would consider playing for Montreal.
DINGDINGDINGDING!!!!!!!

As well as a lot of ****** reporters, too. My friend refused to believe me when I said this, though. I am convinced that Montreal has the worst fans in the league (as well as the best, of course).

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Gerber got almost 4M in Ottawa...Huet almost got 3M here...
Gill got 2.2M in Toronto...Bouillon got 1.85M here...

Not that bad when you think that Aebi would have been our #1 and Streit our #6...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45 View Post
DINGDINGDINGDING!!!!!!!

As well as a lot of ****** reporters, too. My friend refused to believe me when I said this, though. I am convinced that Montreal has the worst fans in the league (as well as the best, of course).
Ya, a lot of reporters should be thrown in that group as well.

It's always funny when I hear people defend the boo birds by saying they are just passionate.

What a crock of s**t. I think the stupid boo birds coulds learn a lesson from the Edmonton fans this year, but then agian, to expect a group that dumb to learn anything is a stretch!!!!

Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 11:51 AM
RedArmyMontreal*

peoples sure does have a short memory.. remember when the team was doing bad with julien? The only player who had showed up at non-obligatary training... who was it? Bouillon. He's not the best but he rarely panicks with the puck and he sends it to the net in the offensive zone. He makes some defensive mistakes, but most of the time he is solid. After all, he's our 6th d-man... It's not like we have anyone better in the farm anyway ...

-Philipos_19 NOT Skunkyjosh.

Streit as 7th dman and Coté for injuries... the situation is fine

RedArmyMontreal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 11:52 AM
znk

Quote:

Ovechkin makes 1 million this year. With his next contract...he will probably make 8 million. That's a raise of 7 million.....that could have been used to get some free agents.
Look at Huet's numbers last year...and look at the salary of the golies UNDER him.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Wake up man, we got TWO PRETTY GOOD UFAS for the price of one!

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 12:13 PM
rocketlives

I wasn't expecting Huet and Bouillon to sign for half a million each. These guys are UFAs and they were expected to exercise their power of negotiation. Personally, I thought Bouillon was worth between $1.00M and $1.25M and Huet between $2.00M and 2.25M. So, BG really overpaid them by about $1.5M combined, which isn't the end of the world but a million here, a million there can be the difference in a Brendan Shanahan coming here or not.

As far as the boo birds are concerned, they are there whether we like or not. The fans in Montreal are very demanding. Very often, short of outright booing, they will show their discontent or excitement by their hooos and haaas on certain game situations. They are knowledgeable and emotional fans and sometimes they can be worth an additional player on the ice. The Habs did win 24 cups with those fans backing them.

In the new NHL, teams can't give $2M+ to third-pairing dmen and goalies with limited NHL experience and attract a sufficient number of marquis players at the same time. There is a trade-off here.

Last edited by rocketlives: 07-02-2006 at 12:22 PM.
rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 12:54 PM
znk

Quote:
I wasn't expecting Huet and Bouillon to sign for half a million each. These guys are UFAs and they were expected to exercise their power of negotiation. Personally, I thought Bouillon was worth between $1.00M and $1.25M and Huet between $2.00M and 2.25M. So, BG really overpaid them by about $1.5M combined, which isn't the end of the world but a million here, a million there can be the difference in a Brendan Shanahan coming here or not.

As far as the boo birds are concerned, they are there whether we like or not. The fans in Montreal are very demanding. Very often, short of outright booing, they will show their discontent or excitement by their hooos and haaas on certain game situations. They are knowledgeable and emotional fans and sometimes they can be worth an additional player on the ice. The Habs did win 24 cups with those fans backing them.

In the new NHL, teams can't give $2M+ to third-pairing dmen and goalies with limited NHL experience and attract a sufficient number of marquis players at the same time. There is a trade-off here.

If you think those guys would get those kind of low numbers on the open market.....look again.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote