HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLVIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
I guess that habs management wants to have a more professional image throughout the league. I wouldn't care if they would leave the triple low five and I don't care if they take it out.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Tampa wins again...

led by Cory Conacher, undrafted player (who played for Mtl affiliate Cincinnati in 2010) signed by yzerman to the lighting who has 9pts in his first 6 nhl games (after winning MVP in the AHL in his first full year as a pro), and coached by Guy Boucher...

the gifts of the Gainey era just keep on giving

Old
02-01-2013, 11:43 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Tampa wins again...

led by Cory Conacher, undrafted player (who played for Mtl affiliate Cincinnati in 2010) signed by yzerman to the lighting who has 9pts in his first 6 nhl games (after winning MVP in the AHL in his first full year as a pro), and coached by Guy Boucher...

the gifts of the Gainey era just keep on giving
Yes, the Habs could absolutely use another 5'8 forward.....

Old
02-01-2013, 11:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Stupid nucks putting the grinders in shootouts

Old
02-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Luongo wins again. the leafs will have to up the ante.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:46 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
What if we traded a 5'8 for another 5'8?

Old
02-01-2013, 11:54 PM
TheBabysitter*

Tampa with 37 goals in 7 games, must be nice.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
nope... but they could use a coach/GM combo that is showing all the signs of being among the league best for years to come.

we passed on Boucher, was because we had the veteran Martin behind the bench (who lasted 1 1/2 seasons).

we passed on Yzerman, because we didn't want/need a rookie/inexperienced GM (only to get a rookie/inexperienced GM 2 seasons later).

all thanks to Gainey's visionary leadership.

hindsight ain't no valid excuse since many of us lamented passing over those two. And both would have jumped at the chance to take over a team like the habs.

I hope MB proves to be up to the task, and I pray that MT learnt enough from his two previous failures... they get the benefit of the doubt for now. But imo it is beyond obvious that our franchise missed the boat in not getting Yzerman/Boucher to lead the team when we were well positioned for both.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBabysitter View Post
Tampa with 37 goals in 7 games, must be nice.
and amazingly some people were convinced that Boucher's "system" was boring and defensive... what makes him such a great coach is that he understands the importance of making the most with what you have vs. trying to fit what you have into a narrow-minded view of how things should work.

hopefully Therrien is smart enough to figure that out... building a culture of winning isn't just about "my way or the highway", it's about excellence and working towards it whatever way works best.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Et le But

Quote:
and amazingly some people were convinced that Boucher's "system" was boring and defensive... what makes him such a great coach is that he understands the importance of making the most with what you have vs. trying to fit what you have into a narrow-minded view of how things should work.

hopefully Therrien is smart enough to figure that out... building a culture of winning isn't just about "my way or the highway", it's about excellence and working towards it whatever way works best.
That and "No Excuses" signs.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Burke made a lot more good moves than bad moves actually...it's just that the Kessel deal set them back about two years. Had they just tanked that one year and gone from there, they'd be better off right now. As much as I'm not pro-tank..when you are already a bad team, you just don't make a move like that.
Burke made several decent moves but I think it wasn't a bad thing for him to not be there at this point in time. He was too much of a focus for everybody, Leafs seems far more calm and relaxed since he went away.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Hendricks and Rinaldo just got tossed for having a staged fight.

I lol'd.
I figure Rinaldo did it cause Simmons got his face smashed but I may wrong....

Old
02-02-2013, 05:41 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Best thing that could happen to us IMO. It's no coincidence we haven't won a cup since the Nords moved. The Bruins and Leafs might be our most traditional rivals, but splitting Quebec again is good for us.
Why?

Old
02-02-2013, 06:21 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
I know....one game doesn't make a career. But I always knew there was a spot in the NHL for Antoine Roussel, and what a goal he scored yesterday for his 1st in the NHL. This guy is a perfect 4th liner. Speed, grit and on this goal...great set of hands!

Old
02-02-2013, 06:35 AM
shutehinside

What's up with Philly? 4 points in 8 games. Wtf. Who knew that one premium defensman could make such a difference?

Old
02-02-2013, 06:41 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
What's up with Philly? 4 points in 8 games. Wtf. Who knew that one premium defensman could make such a difference?
they're playing "hide your cojones for jones"

Old
02-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

It's not really his "system" it's the Pp that's on fire.

I remeber in 10-11 Boucher was hailed a genius then last year he fell on his face. This has only been preseason hockey so far, I'll save jugment until the season is done.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
What premium defenseman? Carle?

Old
02-02-2013, 07:21 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
nope... but they could use a coach/GM combo that is showing all the signs of being among the league best for years to come.

we passed on Boucher, was because we had the veteran Martin behind the bench (who lasted 1 1/2 seasons).

we passed on Yzerman, because we didn't want/need a rookie/inexperienced GM (only to get a rookie/inexperienced GM 2 seasons later).

all thanks to Gainey's visionary leadership.

hindsight ain't no valid excuse since many of us lamented passing over those two. And both would have jumped at the chance to take over a team like the habs.

I hope MB proves to be up to the task, and I pray that MT learnt enough from his two previous failures... they get the benefit of the doubt for now. But imo it is beyond obvious that our franchise missed the boat in not getting Yzerman/Boucher to lead the team when we were well positioned for both.
Yzerman is not French. There was no way he was getting hired. You can thank Boivin for that, not Gainey.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Miller Time is wrong. Our ECHL affiliate was Wheeling when Conacher played in the ECHL in 2010-11.

TB has also had an easy schedule filled with home games against struggling teams. Their toughest game was against OTT and they did not even face Anderson.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 02-02-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old
02-02-2013, 10:24 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I figure Rinaldo did it cause Simmons got his face smashed but I may wrong....
yep, but they weren't tossed because it was stagged, its because they started to fight before the puck was even dropped

Old
02-02-2013, 03:57 PM
sharks9

Not sure who I want to win between Toronto and Boston tonight. Hopefully it'll end in regulation.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:59 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Not sure who I want to win between Toronto and Boston tonight. Hopefully it'll end in regulation.
Toronto definitely. If they win, it's fine - they have no chance at anything. If they lose, it's fine - it's to be expected. Boston has their cup, I want nothing but misery for them from now on.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Yeah, it's a tough call. Don't really want Boston creating space between the rest of the division, but if one team rising keeps pushing the other one down, it's not bad either, lol.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Toronto definitely. If they win, it's fine - they have no chance at anything. If they lose, it's fine - it's to be expected. Boston has their cup, I want nothing but misery for them from now on.
The Toronto fans on the general board are getting unbearable again, they need to remember what they are. But I'd rather a team that isn't Boston teach them a lesson. The Bruins are still enemy #1 for me.

Closed Thread